Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Reviews

Wendy Knox | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 07, 2018

New to PI and I LOVE it!

Alternatives Considered

Many years ago, I utilized Personalysis and it tended to put people into one of 4 main color groups. It also helped with knowing how to communicate with others. I like PI because there are so many Behavioral Profiles.
Read Wendy Knox's full review
Tracey Draper, SPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 07, 2018

Predictive Index - a great tool to help maximize results through your people

Alternatives Considered

I have used MBTI, Strengthsfinder, Disc, Kolbe among others. I find they all have their place. PI was already in use at my company when I joined. However, as I became certified and used it more, I have found it very effective. The reports have just the right amount of information so that users get meaningful insights without being overwhelmed. When providing readbacks, users resonate highly with the assessment results. I don't think I've had a single user who did not tell me that their assessment was "spot on." And the new tools for looking at relationships between individuals and the team dynamics are spectacular.
Read Tracey Draper, SPHR's full review
Paula Thorn | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2017

PI Behavioral Assessment - Recommend!

• DISC
DISC is similar but really only focuses on the employee in a business setting. The PI Behavioral Assessment looks at the employee as a person as well as an employee. It is not how you respond to a question but what attributes you have.
Read Paula Thorn's full review
Molly Mason | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 09, 2017

PI: An eye-opening tool!

Alternatives Considered

The only other type of Behavioral Assessment I've used is the Strengths Finder and I don't know that I'd say it's anything like PI. It still gives us great information about a persons strengths but PI tells us more about a persons motivations.
Read Molly Mason's full review
Carol Warhurst | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 27, 2017

Ever wish you had a crystal ball that allowed you to get an answer to the age old question, "Why do people act that way?" Well, look no further, the PI Assessment is your answer!

• Wonderlic, ProfileXT and Myers Briggs Personality Test
The other assessments that we examined felt more like an SAT exam than a recruitment tool. The results were difficult for our managers to read through and understand. There were a lot of words, with very little actually being said. The PI was succinct and precise.
Read Carol Warhurst's full review
Angela Jackson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 20, 2017

PI until I die!

Alternatives Considered

I haven't used any other assessments in the past, so I don't have anything to compare to...unfortunately. I think the PI is probably the strongest assessment out there, and most accurate. It's used worldwide, and has scientific backing to prove its validity. If I were to ever change companies, I would be an advocate for implementing the PI assessment to that organization.
Read Angela Jackson's full review
Jennifer Glover | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 10, 2017

Predictive Index Gives Us a Variety of Options

Alternatives Considered

We use multiple assessments for a variety of reasons. This one is the most versatile that we have. Others we use either for individual development or team development, but PI is the only one we use for Recruiting, individual development and team development.
Read Jennifer Glover's full review
Chrissy Fratzel, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, SWP | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 30, 2017

Trusted 30 Year Relationship

Alternatives Considered

From 2011-2016 we used DiSC and PI Behavioral Assessment together. We found DiSC to be more employee friendly, meaning employees don't need to be trainined administrators to understand their own report. However, our DiSC trained employee has left, and we opted to stick with PI Behavioral Assessment, as we do have a 30 year relationship with PI Behavioral Assessment.
Read Chrissy Fratzel, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, SWP's full review
Ann Jadown, SHRM-SCP | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 16, 2017

PI has reduced our turnover, has changed the way we communicate and develop our next generation of leaders!

• DISC
PI is scientifically validated, approved for selection decisions with the EEOC, has over 500+ validity studies, is used in many countries and published in many languages. It is simple to use and easy to administer. DISC does not have all of these advantages. It is not approved by the EEOC and the reporting is very long and detailed. Taking the DISC profile takes longer than PI.
Read Ann Jadown, SHRM-SCP's full review
Sabrina Permuth | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2017

Predictive Index works for us!

Alternatives Considered

We evaluated a number of alternatives. Most of them were cost prohibitive because they wanted to charge us per survey. We have a very seasonal workforce so that cost model was not going to work for us. With PI we have a fixed cost each year. Easy to budget... no guessing or stressing.
Read Sabrina Permuth's full review
Marie-José LeBlanc | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 18, 2016

PIs Rock!

• Insights and Myers-Briggs
I have been exposed to Insights and Myers-Briggs. They both have some great features. What I like about PI Behavioral Assessment is the actual report. It is concise yet descriptive. There is a visual aspect with the charted profile which, for those that are familiar with PI, gives you a quick snapshot of an individual's profile. It also provides supporting text which allows you not only to review a summary, but also look at other components such as management styles, influencing styles, sales and the type of approach to manage them. It also provides the option of job profiles and follow-up interview questions. I find PIs can be used in a broader spectrum of areas.
Read Marie-José LeBlanc's full review
Diana Buckless | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 14, 2016

PI will improve your workplace

Alternatives Considered

Most of the other assessments in the marketplace are lengthy and complicated. The PI Behavioral Assessment is so user-friendly that many job applicants have told me they prefer it over other assessments they have taken. The other great thing about the PI assessment is that it only outlines behavioral traits that are scientifically linked to successful job performance. You don't have to worry about compliance with this software.
Read Diana Buckless's full review

Automated data collection (19)
Data analysis (25)
Pre-built content (21)
Data management (20)
Self-service insights (20)

About Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment

The PI Behavioral Assessment™ is a simple yet effective assessment that is broken down into four primary behavioral factors, or core drives. These core drives and their relation to each other create a behavioral pattern that provides a framework for understanding the workplace behaviors of candidates and employees. According to the vendor, the results allow users to better predict workplace behaviors and motivating needs.

The PI Behavioral Assessment™ is a scientifically validated, free-choice, stimulus response assessment that was created through a normative sample of thousands of people. It has been investigated in nearly 500 criterion-related validity studies across almost all jobs and countries, built to the standards of the American Psychological Association (APA), Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychologists (SIOP), and the International Test Commission (ITC).

Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment Features