Niche Video Media in Atlanta, Georgia offers an enterprise video hosting platform called Private Media Channel.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/jf/li/HRGM2G2J5EQD.pngNiche Video ReviewI am using Niche Video to host my online training videos. They seem the best solution for me as a small business owner. They are cost effective, they answer their phones for technical support (instead of email only contact) and genuinely care about helping me set up my classes in a way that works for me. I also like the fact that my logo branding shows on the channel.,Answer the telephone and provide technical support very readily. Stay on the line to make sure your problem is solved. Hosting with user payment ability to be handled by their site or my site. Don't have to have different companies for payment and hosting. Affordable for small business. Ability to organize content in multiple ways. Works well for educational model. Allows my own branding. There branding is fairly transparent.,Demo on the website was difficult to see. Need another pricing model in-between the business and premium.,10,I believe videos for training will be the way of the future. Once the initial cost of producing the videos is accounted for, other than hosting cost all views of the course will be income. I believe creating short marketing videos will attract new customers.,WistiaLove PMC/Niche VideoPrivate Media Channel is used as a video host platform to support our business model, which provides commercial lender training through streaming video. To date we have approximately 40 videos hosted at Private Media Channel which are accessible by our clients who are diverted to the site through a registration/sales window, to get access to our content for a brief licensed period.,Ease of use--the platform offers a robust selections of features to support a variety of users, and once navigation is clear, utilization of these tools is simple and efficient. Robust features--we were attracted to Private Media Channel due to the long list of features contained in the platform that saved us from having to build additional features in our website and patch into/out of their site. Such as? 1) money-wall, which facilitates payments outside the platform directly between our company and merchant service, avoiding PMC's involvement; 2) personalization of function drivers to adapt to users business, so we are operating a 'school' and have 'students & faculty.' 3) Easy customized video sorting, capacity to combine multiple videos into a single title selection, and supporting page for each video; 4) good payment code definitions and flexible price adjustment tools. Security of content--selling proprietary content, my team was very concerned about maintaining our content at a time when it's difficult to secure anything online. The Private Media Channel team thoroughly explained their protocol and convinced our group about the security of their site, in theory and practice.,We are a small, upstart company with few people doing many functions, so it's always desirable to jump into every task a running pace. Some of the strongest features of this site--why we love them--also spells out lots of functions/routines to learn when starting up in the platform. Without a large team, it fell to me to meticulously go through page by page and learn how to do everything. Given there's a lot to learn (and I HATE reading manuals), an improvement ahead I'd suggest is a more robust set of instructions/explanations tied to the different function bays and tools. To Private Media Channel's credit, the team was very patient with me through 2-3 conference calls with my many questions, and got me up to speed quickly. No complaint, but one feature I want that most users probably don't need is a small change on registration page--I have 40+ pages on my site that contain inbound links to Private Media Channel and for repeat clients, an "already registered" click at top of page would offer that option without scrolling to bottom. A second feature I'd like to have someday, probably not needed by other clients, is an automated way to limit access to someone licensing our content for a particular designated duration. So if someone purchased a license in a particular price code, part of the code would allow me to close access after a designed number of days.,10,We are in startup phase, just having loaded our first major round of content, so portions of this question is premature for us. That said, Private Media Channel offered a competitive product that exceeded our objectives over some of the legacy platforms we viewed, who aren't structured to serve smaller clients. The ease of use of the platform and its features is simple to communicate and easy to delegate to other employees. We've had good responses to the experience of clients, who like the single frame access to the various information and support we offer along with the videos.,Lectora, VidCaster and DigitalChalkOur media platform for healthcareWe are currently using NVPMC with our healthcare provider clients. It is used for peer to peer video education as well as Patient video education and viewership analytics. NVPMC is deployed across our entire organization with very few problems. If there is ever any type of problem Niche immediately addresses is issue and quickly work to rectify. We couldn't be any happier with a video platform.,Niche customer support is second to none. They are always there when we need help The high quality video streaming is accessable world wide without the need to download software. Which is very important in our industry. The ability to combine video with attachments and secure encryption sets Niche apart.,Niche could add a more comprehensive online tutorial. The Niche Web RTC program is amazing but it would be great if they had an app that would allow mobile devices to also connect even if they dont have chrome It would be great if Niche could add a less comprehensive platform only for healthcare applications,10,Helps our clients keep track of viewership analytics It has expanded our business by adding a different dimension to education,youtube, vimeo and Dropbox,Dropbox, Stripe, Acuity SchedulingNiche Video Media - ImpressiveI use Niche Video Media to live broadcast events on the Internet. The business problems that are solved are the live broadcast works.,Niche Video Media offers great support. If there is ever a problem, that problem is addressed quickly. The top management at Niche Video Media always offers to be standing by when an event to be live broadcasted is scheduled. Niche Video Media will do more than most other companies will do. For example, this company custom designed a video player with my desired length and width and they took the full-screen button off of the player.,More analytical information on the viewers. White label chat that is embedded along with the video player. More options to customize the length and width of the player for videos on demand.,10,The video quality that is produced by Niche Video Media is good and helps to project a good image of my company,,Adobe Photoshop,1,1,Live broadcasting events on the Internet Providing good customer service by the individual customized product that Niche Video provides. Videos on Demand,Creating a custom sized player to live broadcast an event on the Internet.,To collect money from the people who want to watch an event.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor,I would not change anything.,Implemented in-house,Just learning how to use the software.,10,10,Yes,I was scheduled to live broadcast a seminar at a hotel and they were standing by in case there were any problems.,Live broadcasting an event on the Internet. Embedding a live broadcast on my website. Uploading a video on demand.,Changing the dimensions of the video player.,10The Private Media Channel provides fantastic differentiation for my real estate practiceWe use Private Media Channel to manage our video content and host it for worldwide consumption. Our users are around the world in many languages and the globalization features are key for us. We use the channel to curate the video content displayed on our web page, and to give our key customers a private and secure area to exchange information about properties.,Multiple language sub-titling and voiceover. Easy embedding of the video in our external web page. Global delivery in high and low bandwidth environments without buffering. Secure environment for our sensitive customers to view and keep all sorts of information about a property. Ability to share live property showings around the globe. I video from my iPad, the customer in Asia sees the house and hears my commentary as I walk around.,The Real Time Conferencing feature is a little difficult to use. Screen Sharing only works in a limited browser set.,10,Fantastic premium service differentiation for my customers. No other realtor matches the amount of communication I can provide my clients. Better, more professional look keeps more visitors sticky on my site and helps me convert them. I don't need to pay for live streaming and web conferencing products in addition to my video hosting. This one product serves all 3 needs.,Vimeo Pro, Wistia and Brightcove Video Cloud,WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins,Online training Self-taught,10,It greatly depends on how technical you are and how familiar you are with software-as-a-service tools (say, wordpress for example). An understanding of video is relatively important. There are training videos and how-to tutorial topics, but they can be improved.,No,10,Yes,I was trying to embed a video in a wordpress page. I could not figure out the HTML, so I called the support number. They immediately created a web conferencing session and guided me through it watching my screen.,Yes,Real time communications to have face-to-face video conference meetings with clients.,Embedding videos in emails.,No,No
Private Media Channel

Private Media Channel Reviews

Private Media Channel
Filter 11 vetted Private Media Channel reviews and ratings
Lisa VanOstrand profile photo
January 11, 2016

Private Media Channel: "Niche Video Review"

• Answer the telephone and provide technical support very readily. Stay on the line to make sure your problem is solved.
  • Hosting with user payment ability to be handled by their site or my site. Don't have to have different companies for payment and hosting.
  • Affordable for small business.
  • Ability to organize content in multiple ways. Works well for educational model.
  • Allows my own branding. There branding is fairly transparent.
  • Demo on the website was difficult to see.
  • Need another pricing model in-between the business and premium.
Read Lisa VanOstrand's full review
Charles H. Green profile photo
December 21, 2015

Private Media Channel Review: "Love PMC/Niche Video"

• Ease of use--the platform offers a robust selections of features to support a variety of users, and once navigation is clear, utilization of these tools is simple and efficient.
  • Robust features--we were attracted to Private Media Channel due to the long list of features contained in the platform that saved us from having to build additional features in our website and patch into/out of their site. Such as? 1) money-wall, which facilitates payments outside the platform directly between our company and merchant service, avoiding PMC's involvement; 2) personalization of function drivers to adapt to users business, so we are operating a 'school' and have 'students & faculty.' 3) Easy customized video sorting, capacity to combine multiple videos into a single title selection, and supporting page for each video; 4) good payment code definitions and flexible price adjustment tools.
  • Security of content--selling proprietary content, my team was very concerned about maintaining our content at a time when it's difficult to secure anything online. The Private Media Channel team thoroughly explained their protocol and convinced our group about the security of their site, in theory and practice.
  • We are a small, upstart company with few people doing many functions, so it's always desirable to jump into every task a running pace. Some of the strongest features of this site--why we love them--also spells out lots of functions/routines to learn when starting up in the platform. Without a large team, it fell to me to meticulously go through page by page and learn how to do everything. Given there's a lot to learn (and I HATE reading manuals), an improvement ahead I'd suggest is a more robust set of instructions/explanations tied to the different function bays and tools. To Private Media Channel's credit, the team was very patient with me through 2-3 conference calls with my many questions, and got me up to speed quickly.
  • No complaint, but one feature I want that most users probably don't need is a small change on registration page--I have 40+ pages on my site that contain inbound links to Private Media Channel and for repeat clients, an "already registered" click at top of page would offer that option without scrolling to bottom.
  • A second feature I'd like to have someday, probably not needed by other clients, is an automated way to limit access to someone licensing our content for a particular designated duration. So if someone purchased a license in a particular price code, part of the code would allow me to close access after a designed number of days.
I'm not sure what the average user is looking for, but I can imagine a number of scenarios for which the platform offers a very flexible hosting service for a variety of users, with plenty of bells and whistles, for a reasonable costs that can protect content while offering a good interface between the publisher and their viewers.
Read Charles H. Green's full review
Tyler Theslof profile photo
January 29, 2016

Private Media Channel Review: "Our media platform for healthcare"

• Niche customer support is second to none. They are always there when we need help
  • The high quality video streaming is accessable world wide without the need to download software. Which is very important in our industry.
  • The ability to combine video with attachments and secure encryption sets Niche apart.
  • Niche could add a more comprehensive online tutorial.
  • The Niche Web RTC program is amazing but it would be great if they had an app that would allow mobile devices to also connect even if they dont have chrome
  • It would be great if Niche could add a less comprehensive platform only for healthcare applications
Niche Vid is well suited for teaching and training platforms like medical colleges and private business ventures that require private internal video and document dissemination (with analytics). The are several other scenarios where Niche Vid would be incredibly useful, one would be as a Dropbox or where it is important for watch learn and test.
Read Tyler Theslof's full review
J.C. O'Neill profile photo
January 12, 2016

Private Media Channel Review: "Niche Video Media - Impressive"

• Niche Video Media offers great support. If there is ever a problem, that problem is addressed quickly.
  • The top management at Niche Video Media always offers to be standing by when an event to be live broadcasted is scheduled.
  • Niche Video Media will do more than most other companies will do. For example, this company custom designed a video player with my desired length and width and they took the full-screen button off of the player.
  • More analytical information on the viewers.
  • White label chat that is embedded along with the video player.
  • More options to customize the length and width of the player for videos on demand.
Niche Video Media is well suited for people just getting started with live broadcasting events because they will take the time to help someone.
Read J.C. O'Neill's full review
Adriana West profile photo
January 09, 2016

Review: "The Private Media Channel provides fantastic differentiation for my real estate practice"

• Multiple language sub-titling and voiceover.
  • Easy embedding of the video in our external web page.
  • Global delivery in high and low bandwidth environments without buffering.
  • Secure environment for our sensitive customers to view and keep all sorts of information about a property.
  • Ability to share live property showings around the globe. I video from my iPad, the customer in Asia sees the house and hears my commentary as I walk around.
  • The Real Time Conferencing feature is a little difficult to use.
  • Screen Sharing only works in a limited browser set.
Many agents simply place videos on their website, and YouTube is fine for that. If that is all you need, then Private Media Channel is probably too much overhead for your needs. But we needed an integrated solution that provided better quality video than YouTube can, no YouTube branding, a private portal for customer communications, real time web conferencing, and permissions for the clients to upload their own content. I couldn't find anything else with these features.
Read Adriana West's full review
Sabrina Abdul Ghani profile photo
January 08, 2016

Review: "If you need high security, Private Media Channel is for you"

In my organization, we use Private Media Channel for distributing internal videos to our employees. We are in the process of implementing this across the whole organization. Since the content we will be distributing is sensitive and confidential, it raises problems of security.
  • Customization
  • Speed of service
  • Quality of service
  • Branding
  • User interface
  • Modernization
Private Media Channel is better suited for corporations and businesses that require maximum security but it would be less appropriate for companies who are seeking a simple video solution.
Read Sabrina Abdul Ghani's full review
Emrah Celik profile photo
December 28, 2015

Private Media Channel Review: "Best video hosting"

I have been using Niche for my educational videos and tutorials. I have been looking for a secure, stable and fast video hosting for like 10 months. I have tested almost all of those popular video hosters and none of them worked best for me until I found Niche. I had to hold off my project because of security issues on my premium videos for education. Thanks to Niche they have solved my issue and it took just a few hours to get going. The customer service is top notch. Their media hosting is always up and running. No issues since the first day I signed up. I have never seen such good technical service and customer service on any corner of internet. These guys are awesome.
  • Secure video hosting
  • Stable video hosting
  • Fast video hosting
  • Multi language support
  • Subscription models
It well suited for for-profit organisations or non-profit organisations for secure, fast and stable video hosting.
Read Emrah Celik's full review
Marianella Moreno profile photo
December 18, 2015

Review: "Private Media Channel is a great solution to stream your content in private settings"

We use Private Media to conduct live streaming of our museum events and live performances at our annual show. It addresses a need in the music industry to provide live educational quality content for percussionists.
  • Customer service is great!
  • They work with you one on one to address all your needs
  • They are able to support you at your live show with any problems or questions that may arise
  • Support for more encoders, even though we haven't had any issues
  • Perhaps, to add online switching capabilities?
  • Online signup platform with payment options to allow viewers to purchase live streaming sessions
It is great for companies that want private streaming and dedicated support. Private Media Channel is not your typical large platform that is used by so many people that the support suffers. On the contrary, it tailors to your specific needs and does everything possible to make that happen.
Read Marianella Moreno's full review
Christopher Pickens profile photo
December 18, 2015

Private Media Channel Review: "Niche Video is a Wonderful Addition to a Projent Management Toolbox"

Niche Video Media is being used as both a training tool as well as a tool to store large files from both internal and external customers.
  • The ability to store large data files and videos in a secure location outside of the company server is a major benefit for us.
  • The ability to manage who can add, view and edit content is beneficial especially when collaborating outside the organization.
  • The customer service has been outstanding and issues are always resolved in a timely fashion and brought to conclusion.
  • When editing a document the ability to "check it out" would be helpful so we don't have multiple versions floating around.
  • A backup of the videos would be helpful in the even that they are lost.
Niche Video Media is well suited for real time training and sharing.
Read Christopher Pickens's full review
January 29, 2016

Review: "Private Media Channel provides THE BEST Secure Access Controls in the video hosting industry"

We use Private Media Channel to review all our in-progress digital assets across different departments before releasing and publishing the final version of the video content to our audience. The workflow options and security are our primary concerns and both of them are addressed by Private Media Channel.
  • Security, and workflow options to review and approve.
  • Videos can not be downloaded by download manager plugins.
  • Access Controls - You can set the controls for individuals or groups. Controls such as who can view, when one can view, and from where they can view and how many times they can view.
  • The help guide and documentation is minimal. Each feature needs a guide and step-by-step instructions,
  • UX can be better with tool tips and next steps.
  • Self-instructed videos are missing.
If a business needs a secure video hosting tool with lot of secure access controls on who needs to view; when, from where and how many times to view, then Private Media Channel is the only option in the market. If you don't need any security, monetization, and deep analytics on videos then there is YouTube and Vimeo to meet the needs.
January 16, 2016

"Private Media Channel Juan's review"

My Private Media Channel is for personal use, I use it because it allows the viewers to watch exclusively video broadcasting with no distractions. I can set the streaming bandwidth to fit the uploading connection. I do not have to check end user configurations, that's great. Another a good feature is user management, so if something changes I can make changes accordingly.
  • I can check viewership analytics by user; timestamps are a little bit screwed but overall I use date stamps and content title.
  • Once understood, the Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, is pretty straight forward to use it.
  • Best of all, it is private.
  • It used to be a con: Linux integration; but as I checked with tech support I learned I can use Open Broadcaster from Linux
  • I was wondering how secure Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder is, but I was clarified when a broadcast is active, just one can be active, and that's the reason I have to create a Live Event each time I Broadcast. And again, as channel is private, the security is improved.
  • To get time stamps right in viewership analytics, time stamps appear to be delayed by 6 hours (I am -6 hours from UTC)
  • Improve comments section to reflect actual dates, it says "about a year ago" when it is November 2015 (last month).
I consider for enterprise use, it is best suited for conferences and for training.

About Private Media Channel