https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ml/QF/ACURXJ97TPW2.pngEfficient and UsefulWe use Proconnect Online to file our client's returns. Our project managers manage the returns and I do the efiling and data collection for clients.,Allows us to collect client's information via Intuit Link. It's easy for our clients to upload their information and ask us questions via Link. Efiling is made easy. I can cross check the returns to make sure everything matches and then efile. The Dashboard is great to see where the returns stand and when they have been accepted by the state and IRS.,Stop having the pop up survey "would you recommend to a friend" every time I e-file a return -- It's annoying. This year it was hard to tell when a client had added additional docs to LINK and it didn't give me the option to download "all" docs at once. I had to download each individual document!! NOT a good thing.,9,Just being the administrative assistant I can't really talk on ROI - that would be for my boss to address. But since our office strives to be completely paperless efiling fits in with our paperless narrative.,,QuickBooks Online, Citrix ShareFile, GlipProconnect did not fit our business modelProconnect was used to prepare individual tax returns. Since it was the first year, we beta tested it with a number of returns. Our system is based solely on cloud use, as such any tax preparation solution had to be cloud-based.,The software allowed for easy access from any computer. Proconnect allowed multiple users to access a file with minimal difficultly. Calculations were accurate.,In order to provide adequate information within the return, the preparer had to constantly drill down to the necessary screens to provide input. The program was not very robust compared to software installed on company computers. This is probably why information needed to be added numerous times since Proconnect was not able to remember often entered entries. The interface with client information lacks functionality. There was little ability to customize views to sort or group clients into usable cohorts.,3,Since we found it not to be effective for our business objectives, if we continued to use it, the inefficiencies would negatively impact our ROI.,2Proconnect Tax Online - Perfect SolutionProconnect Tax Online is a cloud-based tax compliance solution used to complete the preparation of various small non-consolidated corporate entities and small trusts, It is used within the Corporate Tax Department to support the tax compliance responsibilities of the group. Because it is cost-effective and uses no server space, Proconnect Tax Online is a great resource.,Ease of data entry. Perform in-line computations. Simplicity of navigating between forms.,Seamless transition to state compliance. E-file tracking.,9,Cost-effective. Ability to have various users. Permits 3rd party consultants to freely access.,Bloomberg Tax Advantage,Oracle Tax Reporting Cloud, CSC Corptax CompliantFor 21st Century Tax PractitionersProConnect Tax Online is the tax preparation software tool used in my practice. It is the engine behind the personal, business & non-profit tax returns that I prepare. Additionally, it is tightly integrated with my Quickbooks Online (QBO) practice, as the ProAdvisor dashboard allows you to easily move data from QBO to ProConnect.,Cloud Based: The world is moving towards cloud based software and Intuit is on top of its game with ProConnect. Tight Integration with Quickbooks Online (QBO): This is a real bonus if you are using QBO and want to integrate the client's Trial Balance into ProConnect. Excellent Client Portal (IntuitLink): Using IntuitLink which is built into ProConnect, you can share document requests and documents with your client. You've also got a very user friendly visual "Client Organizer" rather than the clunky pile of paper based forms that many firms still use. Support: Excellent online chat & support for resolving any issue while working in the software. Flexible Pricing: Purchase as many returns as you need for tax season.,A couple of the less common forms weren't included. However, this was during the 1st year I used the software, and I believe these were added subsequently. A couple of minor "nice to haves" such as ability to print watermarked "DRAFT" on a pdf version for client review. A couple of the screens could have better navigation.,10,Cloud Based: Positive ROI as it is browser based and doesn't involve as much client workstation maintenance, backup, upgrades, software configuration issues, etc. Integration w/Quickbooks Online (QBO): Since we are running some clients on QBO, the Trial Balance integration feature creates for virtually seamless integration, greatly reducing data entry time and risk of manual errors. Very positive ROI. Client Portal/IntuitLink: The Client Portal is tightly woven into the workflow of the product, affording the user a positive ROI. This eliminates the need of an alternative solution such as using SmartVault, for example.,Drake, Intuit ProSeries and Profx,Method:CRM, QuickBooks Online, Swiftpage ACT!
Proconnect Tax Online

Proconnect Tax Online Reviews

Proconnect Tax Online
Filter 11 vetted Proconnect Tax Online reviews and ratings

September 21, 2018

Proconnect Tax Online Review: "Efficient and Useful"

• Allows us to collect client's information via Intuit Link. It's easy for our clients to upload their information and ask us questions via Link.
  • Efiling is made easy. I can cross check the returns to make sure everything matches and then efile.
  • The Dashboard is great to see where the returns stand and when they have been accepted by the state and IRS.
  • Stop having the pop up survey "would you recommend to a friend" every time I e-file a return -- It's annoying.
  • This year it was hard to tell when a client had added additional docs to LINK and it didn't give me the option to download "all" docs at once. I had to download each individual document!! NOT a good thing.
Works for us (I'd give you a 10 if you fixed the items I mentioned in the last screen!)
January 08, 2019

Proconnect Tax Online Review: "Proconnect did not fit our business model"

• The software allowed for easy access from any computer.
  • Proconnect allowed multiple users to access a file with minimal difficultly.
  • Calculations were accurate.
  • In order to provide adequate information within the return, the preparer had to constantly drill down to the necessary screens to provide input.
  • The program was not very robust compared to software installed on company computers. This is probably why information needed to be added numerous times since Proconnect was not able to remember often entered entries.
  • The interface with client information lacks functionality. There was little ability to customize views to sort or group clients into usable cohorts.
Proconnect may work well in a company with only a small number of returns to prepare.
December 24, 2018

Review: "Proconnect Tax Online - Perfect Solution"

• Ease of data entry.
  • Perform in-line computations.
  • Simplicity of navigating between forms.
  • Seamless transition to state compliance.
  • E-file tracking.
ProConnect Tax Online is perfect in situations where a smaller tax compliance solution is necessary. It is a system that is very user-friendly and intuitive, easy to navigate, and accurate.
Laurence Sarner profile photo
April 10, 2017

Proconnect Tax Online Review: "For 21st Century Tax Practitioners"

ProConnect Tax Online is the tax preparation software tool used in my practice. It is the engine behind the personal, business & non-profit tax returns that I prepare. Additionally, it is tightly integrated with my QuickBooks Online (QBO) practice, as the ProAdvisor dashboard allows you to easily move data from QBO to ProConnect.
  • Cloud Based: The world is moving towards cloud based software and Intuit is on top of its game with ProConnect.
  • Tight Integration with QuickBooks Online (QBO): This is a real bonus if you are using QBO and want to integrate the client's Trial Balance into ProConnect.
  • Excellent Client Portal (IntuitLink): Using IntuitLink which is built into ProConnect, you can share document requests and documents with your client. You've also got a very user friendly visual "Client Organizer" rather than the clunky pile of paper based forms that many firms still use.
  • Support: Excellent online chat & support for resolving any issue while working in the software.
  • Flexible Pricing: Purchase as many returns as you need for tax season.
  • A couple of the less common forms weren't included. However, this was during the 1st year I used the software, and I believe these were added subsequently.
  • A couple of minor "nice to haves" such as ability to print watermarked "DRAFT" on a pdf version for client review.
  • A couple of the screens could have better navigation.
Intuit has coined the term "Firm of the Future" and its products live up to that moniker. If you run a practice that is cloud based, paperless and makes use of cutting edge tools such as e-signatures, client portals, etc., then this product will be a good fit for you. If you are slow to change and want to use the traditional desktop computing environment and frequently print client draft returns for review, use wet signatures, etc. then this might not be the product for you. If you are already using some of Intuit's products and plan to implement more business clients into QuickBooks Online, I would say this product is a "must have".
Read Laurence Sarner's full review

Proconnect Tax Online Scorecard Summary

Tax Data Reporting (1)
Compliance Administration Management (1)
Tax Document Management (1)
Complex Tax Scenario Management (1)

About Proconnect Tax Online

Intuit ProConnect Tax Online is cloud-based professional tax software. It integrates with QuickBooks and includes a client portal so that clients can input their tax data online. ProConnect has a pay-per-return pricing structure.