https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ml/QF/ACURXJ97TPW2.pngEfficient and UsefulWe use Proconnect Online to file our client's returns. Our project managers manage the returns and I do the efiling and data collection for clients.,Allows us to collect client's information via Intuit Link. It's easy for our clients to upload their information and ask us questions via Link. Efiling is made easy. I can cross check the returns to make sure everything matches and then efile. The Dashboard is great to see where the returns stand and when they have been accepted by the state and IRS.,Stop having the pop up survey "would you recommend to a friend" every time I e-file a return -- It's annoying. This year it was hard to tell when a client had added additional docs to LINK and it didn't give me the option to download "all" docs at once. I had to download each individual document!! NOT a good thing.,9,Just being the administrative assistant I can't really talk on ROI - that would be for my boss to address. But since our office strives to be completely paperless efiling fits in with our paperless narrative.,,QuickBooks Online, Citrix ShareFile, GlipFor 21st Century Tax PractitionersProConnect Tax Online is the tax preparation software tool used in my practice. It is the engine behind the personal, business & non-profit tax returns that I prepare. Additionally, it is tightly integrated with my Quickbooks Online (QBO) practice, as the ProAdvisor dashboard allows you to easily move data from QBO to ProConnect.,Cloud Based: The world is moving towards cloud based software and Intuit is on top of its game with ProConnect. Tight Integration with Quickbooks Online (QBO): This is a real bonus if you are using QBO and want to integrate the client's Trial Balance into ProConnect. Excellent Client Portal (IntuitLink): Using IntuitLink which is built into ProConnect, you can share document requests and documents with your client. You've also got a very user friendly visual "Client Organizer" rather than the clunky pile of paper based forms that many firms still use. Support: Excellent online chat & support for resolving any issue while working in the software. Flexible Pricing: Purchase as many returns as you need for tax season.,A couple of the less common forms weren't included. However, this was during the 1st year I used the software, and I believe these were added subsequently. A couple of minor "nice to haves" such as ability to print watermarked "DRAFT" on a pdf version for client review. A couple of the screens could have better navigation.,10,Cloud Based: Positive ROI as it is browser based and doesn't involve as much client workstation maintenance, backup, upgrades, software configuration issues, etc. Integration w/Quickbooks Online (QBO): Since we are running some clients on QBO, the Trial Balance integration feature creates for virtually seamless integration, greatly reducing data entry time and risk of manual errors. Very positive ROI. Client Portal/IntuitLink: The Client Portal is tightly woven into the workflow of the product, affording the user a positive ROI. This eliminates the need of an alternative solution such as using SmartVault, for example.,Drake, Intuit ProSeries and Profx,Method:CRM, QuickBooks Online, Swiftpage ACT!
Proconnect Tax Online

Proconnect Tax Online Reviews

Proconnect Tax Online
Filter 5 vetted Proconnect Tax Online reviews and ratings
September 21, 2018

Proconnect Tax Online Review: "Efficient and Useful"

• Allows us to collect client's information via Intuit Link. It's easy for our clients to upload their information and ask us questions via Link.
  • Efiling is made easy. I can cross check the returns to make sure everything matches and then efile.
  • The Dashboard is great to see where the returns stand and when they have been accepted by the state and IRS.
  • Stop having the pop up survey "would you recommend to a friend" every time I e-file a return -- It's annoying.
  • This year it was hard to tell when a client had added additional docs to LINK and it didn't give me the option to download "all" docs at once. I had to download each individual document!! NOT a good thing.
Works for us (I'd give you a 10 if you fixed the items I mentioned in the last screen!)
Laurence Sarner profile photo
April 10, 2017

Proconnect Tax Online Review: "For 21st Century Tax Practitioners"

ProConnect Tax Online is the tax preparation software tool used in my practice. It is the engine behind the personal, business & non-profit tax returns that I prepare. Additionally, it is tightly integrated with my QuickBooks Online (QBO) practice, as the ProAdvisor dashboard allows you to easily move data from QBO to ProConnect.
  • Cloud Based: The world is moving towards cloud based software and Intuit is on top of its game with ProConnect.
  • Tight Integration with QuickBooks Online (QBO): This is a real bonus if you are using QBO and want to integrate the client's Trial Balance into ProConnect.
  • Excellent Client Portal (IntuitLink): Using IntuitLink which is built into ProConnect, you can share document requests and documents with your client. You've also got a very user friendly visual "Client Organizer" rather than the clunky pile of paper based forms that many firms still use.
  • Support: Excellent online chat & support for resolving any issue while working in the software.
  • Flexible Pricing: Purchase as many returns as you need for tax season.
  • A couple of the less common forms weren't included. However, this was during the 1st year I used the software, and I believe these were added subsequently.
  • A couple of minor "nice to haves" such as ability to print watermarked "DRAFT" on a pdf version for client review.
  • A couple of the screens could have better navigation.
Intuit has coined the term "Firm of the Future" and its products live up to that moniker. If you run a practice that is cloud based, paperless and makes use of cutting edge tools such as e-signatures, client portals, etc., then this product will be a good fit for you. If you are slow to change and want to use the traditional desktop computing environment and frequently print client draft returns for review, use wet signatures, etc. then this might not be the product for you. If you are already using some of Intuit's products and plan to implement more business clients into QuickBooks Online, I would say this product is a "must have".
Read Laurence Sarner's full review

Proconnect Tax Online Scorecard Summary

Tax Reporting (1)
Tax Filing and Tracking (1)

About Proconnect Tax Online

Intuit ProConnect Tax Online is cloud-based professional tax software. It integrates with QuickBooks and includes a client portal so that clients can input their tax data online. ProConnect has a pay-per-return pricing structure.