Project Insight Reviews

January 18, 2020
Clay Horste | TrustRadius Reviewer
We got Project Insight (PI) as a way to manage projects across the agency. The idea was to utilize a single tool to manage projects that had components in diverse departments (creative, event production, event management, event technology). We used it to manage everything in the projects from tasks and bugs to time tracking.
  • Very Flexible
  • Customizable
  • Not a good fit for all types of projects
  • Very Complex
My rating would vary depending on the types of projects that need to be managed. Since I am in software, I don't think it was an excellent fit to manage software projects unless they are small projects with only a few tasks. On the other hand, if you are needing to manage a wide range of departments that are working on a single project with many moving pieces, then I would think that PI might be a better fit. Think of it as a jack of all trades, but master of none.
I found Project Insight somewhat opaque overall. I thought the training was sparse and answers to questions few and far in between. There was a lot of power there for the dedicated user/administrator. For me, who was a casual user and administrator, I found support lacking. I didn't administer Project Insight much, just some work on integrations with other tools.
Read Clay Horste's full review
March 06, 2015
Christy Reichenberger | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Project Insight to track all of our retail projects from cradle to grave including leasing, milestone monitoring, document housing and various data tracking.
  • History tracking for any changes made to data.
  • Tracks all milestones and retains records for lifetime of account.
  • Easy extracting for reporting purposes.
  • If there is a lot of data in a certain report, it can take time to download which is not always convenient.
  • There may be TOO many options for reporting.
  • Dashboards could use some visual tweaking.
Not in my experience - Project Insight is vital to our business.
Read Christy Reichenberger's full review

Scheduling (1)
Workflow Automation (1)
Team Collaboration (2)
4.0
Support for Agile Methodology (1)
Support for Waterfall Methodology (1)
Document Management (2)
1.0
Email integration (2)
Timesheet Tracking (1)
Change request and Case Management (1)
Project & financial reporting (1)
Integration with accounting software (1)

What is Project Insight?

Project Insight is a web-based project and portfolio management software. Project teams can access, edit and update their projects information anytime, anywhere, with any supported browser, tablet and mobile device. Features for experienced project managers include: MS Project import/export, intelligent scheduling, resource allocation, Outlook integration, document management, approvals, time/expense tracking, issue management, 100s of dashboards and advanced permissions.

Project Insight Competitors