Reviews (1-5 of 5)
- Trakstar sends out a lot of automated reminders to participants, encouraging them to take notes and provide feedback on a regular basis.
- Trakstar generates analysis (i.e., rater bais) automatically that would otherwise be labor intensive to do manually.
- Trakstar has a feature that allows administrators to see what each individual employee sees - this is critical in ensuring that the performance review process goes smoothly.
- Creating the reviews can be confusing for administrators, especially if you did not originally set up the system.
- Even though lots of automated reminders go out to employees, employees are not that interested in engaging with the system.
Despite this, Trakstar seems like an appropriate solution for small businesses looking to automate what was formerly a paper-based process. In doing so, companies will inevitably save time and money. If you have an annual review process with more than 25 people, you really do need a tool in place.
- Ease of use - This program has been great for the Keep It Simple mentality. It is clear, concise, and able to expand based on our needs. There is a good level of intuitiveness that goes with it... basically sorted with employees, reviews, and setup. We have been able to train managers and employees quickly and easily with the process, and simple things like clear buttons, or "Are you ready to send your review to your manager?" questions make this good for us. We have used other global programs from very large companies that didn't work well for us.
- The clear ability for the Administrator(s) to manage - In the past, we have had problems with managers telling us "Well, my screen shows this and that..." and yet as an Administrator I was unable to see what they were seeing as my screen was different. That is not the case with Trakstar from Promantek. Click a button and I am in as the actual user... an administrator can then see exactly what the end user is looking at. This is especially helpful with out of area locations and makes a world of difference for us.
- Training and Resources - Promantek's Trakstar has some great resources that reside just a couple clicks away from the main screen. When an employee logs in, they have access to all kinds of information on what they can do, how to do it, easy tricks and tips. Online documents or videos are right there on the site, with dozens if not hundreds of reference documents that explain step by step with screen pictures how things work. It has been very easy to manage training with this program.
- It would be nice to be able to customize a screen when looking at some data for employees. In almost every case the screen information is helpful, but sometimes I wish This information was next to That information instead of two columns over, etc. This is not a big deal, but screen customization would be on the wishlist. This is not an issue for downloads of reports as those go to excel and you can manipulate that any way you like.
This is a great program if you have locations in different geographical areas. The ability to work with people at different locations is appreciated, and also there can be informal input that is requested, which Promantek can handle as well.
I am at a loss to think of an area where this does not work well. There are several of our employees in the manufacturing areas that do not have computer access, and for those individuals, we simply print the review instead of having it online. This works fine but is not the forte of Promantek. However, any system these days that focusses on the online aspects of review writing will experience that as well.
- 360 Review feature (included with TrakStar's Multi-rater feature) - provided the opportunity to conduct 360 reviews independently of, or in conjunction with, annual reviews.
- Administrator User Interface - the interface is easy to use, although I did prefer the version that existed prior to June 2013 (better colors/better on-demand reporting tools)
- End User Interface - there is little to no training required for staff who complete evaluations in TrakStar. You may need, however, to complete training related to SMART goals, but using the software should not require an ILT-type setup.
- The reporting features are a bit weak. But you can download Excel-ready files to manipulate on your own.
- The dashboard feature (prior to June 2013) was very nice, but missing in the latest version.
- Automated reports, quarterly for example, would be nice to send to Senior Leadership (missing in the current version/requires manual input)
Trakstar Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Trakstar Technical Details