Reviews (1-25 of 33)
- Rewrites URLs in all our emails and very rarely misses one
- it works very well to protect our users from themselves and their bad habits
- Their admin web GUI is cumbersome and unclear in many ways. The learning curve is steep so you have to stay up on things yourself whenever a new feature or service is added.
- They sometimes add a feature to their toolbox without informing their customers. This is true even when the feature added does not cost extra.
- Messages with malicious URLs are blocked/quarantined and kept out of end-users mailboxes
- Sometimes you'll get a TAP warning that messages with malicious content were already delivered to users mailboxes BEFORE the Proofpoint algorithm detected them as malicious.
- Attachment Defense. This component scans all attachments for malicious content, quarantining anything suspicious. This is a must have for any legitimate email protection product.
- URL Defense. With so many phishing attempts out there that try to lure the unsuspecting user into clicking a link to a malicious web site, URL Defense provide an invaluable safety net by encoding the URL and re-routing it to Proofpoint's "sandbox". If legitimate, it seamlessly redirects the user to the original URL. Despite your best efforts at education, a percentage of your end users will click the link. Knowing that TAP is sandboxing those links to test for malicious activity is protection we cannot live without.
- TAP Dashboard. This lets me see who's being targeted in my environment as well as provide metrics that tell me how effective the protection has been. We're able to identify our "VIP's" so that we can receive special alerets whey they come under attack.
- It's a stretch for me to find something that needs improvement. If I had to put at least one thing it would relate to URL Defense. The process works great but, there are times when you have to decode the encoded URL. Currently, the only place to do that is in the TAP dashboard. To save clicks and logins, it would be nice to have that decode functionality in the Proofpoint management console.
- No other issues.
- We receive email TAP alerts when malicious email gets past the Proofpoint Secure Email product.
- TAP provides very a detailed analysis of the any email malware that potentially reaches our end users.
- The overall reporting from TAP is very beneficial, especially the way it will compare our organization to similar organizations.
- I have not found a way to automate emailing me custom reports like I can do with Proofpoint Secure email.
- Sometimes you have to click through multiple links to get to the details of a malware email.
- URL defense.
- Safe attachments.
- Detection and incident response.
- The administrative user interface could be a bit more intuitive.
- Notifications are still somewhat cryptic when an event is identified.
- This feature is a separate cost from standard email protection.
- URL rewriting. TAP can rewrite URLs to obfuscate potentially harmful links. And if it is harmful, then we can see this in the dashboard and respond appropriately.
- Attachment defense is particularly impressive. We see 99% of attachments which are potentially malicious being blocked.
- Reporting. The reporting in TAP is fantastic and provides great insight into our organisation. It's the sort of reports the senior management are interested in.
- The dashboard can be a bit tricky to understand. There is a lot of info, and it can be confusing at first to figure out what certain phrases mean.
- Drilling down into attack dashboards, I would expect some items to be clickable to get more info. But they are not which means I have to search around for the information I want.
- Again, the effectiveness dashboard does not have a lot of clickable elements, but they look like they should be which is frustrating.
With smaller organisations, it could potentially provide a lot of work investigating things found within TAP rather than just having TRAP deal with the issues automatically.
- Detailed GUI
- Email alerts
- Stops impostor emails
- We have been observing TAP is working well and also the integration with Palo Alto is working great.
- Having a very good experience with Proofpoint support and very super support from them. However we have not been notified of any new updates. Not sure, if these updates have already been sent to procurement team, but not the Allegis support group.
- We do see the TAP dashboard also has a URL for rewriting details and email alerts too, which will help us to identify the actual threats and also we can report them if the attack is a false positive as well.
- In the search pane, we could have more detailed information and which may useful while validating the incoming email for the engineers.
- I do agree no product is able to block any sort of new malware/phishing attacks, but I have been observing unless we are reporting it Proofpoint is unable to identify a threat in some cases (and after the virus engines have been updated). This could be improved.
- Also in few cases, the email might get blocked if we add the IP to our blacklist policy route. However there is no sign of email activity from that source. We should at least be able to see that info.
- Impostor email detection is a fantastic feature and works very well.
- The sandbox feature helps to ensure confidence that their evaluation of the email threat is valid.
- Easy to use (and understand) dashboard make identifying and managing email threats a breeze.
- Occasionally, we have a false positive or false negative, but those are easily corrected.
- Would like the ability to upload a file to have it automatically exploded via sandbox to determine threat.
- Usability - The product is very easy to use, and begins giving a lot of valuable information immediately.
- Detail - The amount of detail for each threat is great, and helps us with "proving" there may be a problem somewhere.
- Defense - The URL rewrite function and sandbox function are great, and we saw immediate return from just those.
- Sandboxing can be slow at times, but that is understandable, but hard to explain to end users.
- URL rewrite takes time for the users to get used to the fact that every URL now looks "phishy".
- The best software for gaining better cyber awareness of your company!
- Intelligence like no other!
- Allows faster response and more efficient workflow!
- When an alert is made sometimes some information is lacking.
- Other than that, no complaints.
- Stopping attachments, bad URLs, and embedded malicious code.
- Sometimes there is a delay in detecting the threat, and by that time it has been delivered to a mailbox and the user may have clicked on a URL or opened an attachment.
- Added functionality is in separate add-on modules at a cost.
- TAP dashboard could be made easier to navigate to gather details of the threat.
- Alert on malware/attacks that made it through, so we can respond.
- Data loss prevention (DLP) is very flexible and accommodates our needs.
- More advancement in the imposter technology.
- Integration between Wombat (phishing campaign tool) and email.
- Identify malware
- Identify targeted employees
- Provide details of threats targeting recipients
- Ability to correlate threat actors with my organization's listing of threat actors
- Whitelist sources of safe senders
- Reporting on VIP-targeted threats
- It's a carefree solution for automatic approval of (bad) attachments.
- A carefree solution for automatic approval of bad URLs.
- Alerts for admins if the attachments or allowed URL clicks afterwards turned out to be malicious.
- A lot of information about malware campaigns inside the TAP Dashboard, and useful info, like who's the most attacked target in your company.
- Expensive (but justified).
- A lot of German companies are very sensitive about their data and privacy. You have to trust Proofpoint here.
code using Proofpoint’s email attachment sandboxing technology.
- Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection detects malicious attachments very well.
- In three years of use we had less then a 0.001% false positive rate with the product.
- When the product experiences technical issues your team will have to manually review attachments for malicious threats.
- The scanning process delays email messages with attachments between 3-5 minutes during scanning.
documents before they are received by your email system's perimeter servers.
- Block malicious and phishing emails
- Alert of now known to be bad emails
- Threat intelligence for tracking campaigns
- Metrics and dashboards around email activity
- Ability to block additional IOCS instead of just URL
- Ability to integrate with threat intelligence platforms
- What they label as a false positive is not always a false positive
- Plug and play with little effort.
- Blocks a majority of malicious email.
- URL re-write allows links that may have slipped through to be analyzed in real-time.
- Improved analytics could improve automated blocking features and lead to fewer patient zero cases.
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection (TAP) helps organizations efficiently detect, mitigate and respond to known and unknown advanced threats that target people and VIPs through email. TAP provides unparalleled effectiveness in stopping targeted attacks that use polymorphic malware, weaponized documents and credential-stealing phishing techniques to obtain sensitive information. TAP seamlessly integrates with the Proofpoint secure email gateway (Proofpoint Email Protection) to deliver best-in-class email security in a way that is cost effective and easy to use. TAP leverages the cloud to scale deployment, adapt analysis and protect people on any network or device.
With Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection (TAP), you can:
- Provide sophisticated analysis to prevent threats from getting to a user's inbox.
- Detect known and unknown threats using adaptable analysis capabilities.
- Provide security teams detailed analysis and visibility about threats and threat campaigns.
- Provide visibility into threats targeting the Very Attacked People (VAP) in an organization.
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|