- Re-evaluates web links on an on-going basis to see if the links were good and have been changed to bad.
- Identifies specific users and alerts us regarding who clicked the now bad links and were not blocked prior to discovery of malicious code.
- Gives us the ability to identify VIP users that may be especially vulnerable to attack and take additional action on them.
- Proofpoint needs to get a single sign-on for all the different portals.
- Identify whether an email was received or blocked by a user.
- Identify whether a malicious link in an email was clicked on or not.
- Listing of the severity of the campaign, as well as the spread (how many other customers were affected).
- Cloud integration ( in progress).
- Integrating the GUI with the Email Security Admin portal (instead of two different logins).
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email Review: "A necessity most enterprises can't live without."
- The URL Defense components having greatly reduced the risk associated with "phishing" attacks and malicious web sites.
- The Attachment Defense components have also reduced the amount of malware (including zero day type attacks) actually getting to our clients systems.
- The services are fairly simple to implement and provide enough flexibility to tailor them to address specific security policies.
- The level of threat analysis is extremely high compared to some of Proofpoint's competitors making this a "goto" product for people who want a solid product to protect their enterprise. The on-going implementation has been extremely stable with minimal service outages.
- Accuracy is definitely one of Proofpoint's strong points and we have experienced very few false positives.
- The only real area that needs improvement is the customer specific definitions for blocked URL's in terms of providing more flexibility in using more specific pattern matching expressions. Pretty certain this will be resolved shortly.
- Cost is always a factor and given that this type of service is almost a necessity these days, their cost is a bit on the high end.
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email Review: "ProofPoint Targeted Attack Protection- The best protection you can buy!"
- It is great and alerting us to who has clicked on a URL that could be a problem.
- Also it prevents sophisticated files that would bypass traditional antivirus.
- URL writing is a great protection for our users.
- We have visibility who is hit by any malicious email campaign.
- Sometimes alerts are hard to read.
- Automatic removal of messages should be included in the product.
- It is costly...if it was part of the base product and all email gateway customers the cost should be lower. In the end a C level person doesn't care if a message was stopped (or allowed) because of a separate component.
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email Scorecard Summary
About Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection (TAP) helps organizations efficiently detect, mitigate and respond to known and unknown advanced threats that target people and VIPs through email. TAP provides unparalleled effectiveness in stopping targeted attacks that use polymorphic malware, weaponized documents and credential-stealing phishing techniques to obtain sensitive information. TAP seamlessly integrates with the Proofpoint secure email gateway (Proofpoint Email Protection) to deliver best-in-class email security in a way that is cost effective and easy to use. TAP leverages the cloud to scale deployment, adapt analysis and protect people on any network or device.
With Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection (TAP), you can:
- Provide sophisticated analysis to prevent threats from getting to a user's inbox.
- Detect known and unknown threats using adaptable analysis capabilities.
- Provide security teams detailed analysis and visibility about threats and threat campaigns.
- Provide visibility into threats targeting the Very Attacked People (VAP) in an organization.
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Proofpoint Targeted Attack Protection for Email Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|