PRTG Reviews

May 16, 2020

PRTG: best solution for small or big enterprises

Support Rating

PRTG support is only through mail, so sad part. We had a request for remote access to look into the issue but they always support only through mail and request for log files, snmpwalks, mibs but they never support remotely like in Webex or Zoom, etc. But its counterpart SolarWinds is very fast in support, jumps into the situations and takes remote access to try to solve and fix any bug issues.
Eric Engardio | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 03, 2019

The perfect tool for the little guy

Support Rating

PRTG, while limited in set-up functionality, does its job well. There is a definite learning curve to learn all of its quirks and some design choices could be improved but overall it's a solid monitoring platform. Once it's set up it's very "set it and forget it" which is really what you want from a monitoring tool.
Read Eric Engardio's full review
Shawn Gifford | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

Great value for a very feature-rich product

Support Rating

Rare that I have needed support, which in itself is a great thing. When it is needed, the user community has ready answers to almost any question that can be asked. I have been able to answer 90-some percent of our questions and needs via this resource. The couple times support was needed, it was perfectly fine.
Read Shawn Gifford's full review
April 26, 2020

A solid product that is a good value for the price and works as advertised

Support Rating

I am giving this a 6 simply because I have never had to contact support. The online documentation is adequate for most things, and the user-maintained knowledgebase is excellent. The few times I have run into issues that were not easily resolvable with intuitive UI, I was able to find the answers that I needed either in the PRTG-provided documentation, the knowledgebase, or with a quick online web search.
April 16, 2020

PRTG is a long-standing company that provides great value!

Support Rating

I have not had to contact support very often but when I do I found them to be easy to work with. Support is located in another country (at least last time contacted support) so we did have to contend with the timing of requests. This is primarily email-based requests, I have not tried to call them. Support and maintenance renewals are always easy to do every year.
April 16, 2020

PRTG for MSP's

Support Rating

From what my engineers have told me, the customer service for PRTG Network Monitor is quick to respond and knowledgeable. We have had to utilize their help to perfect report and detailed monitoring.
November 20, 2019

Easy to use and comprehensive network monitoring? - PRTG is the solution

Support Rating

PRTG does everything we need it to do and more. Ease of use, ease of management and maintenance and clarity of monitoring of hundreds of different types of device and service gives this a large advantage over other products on the market that I have tried. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a network monitoring product in their environment and even to people who don't know they need a solution yet!
February 03, 2020

PRTG Network Monitor: Affordable, Effective Network Monitoring with Excellent Support

Support Rating

Every single time I've had an issue with the product - or even a question - the PRTG Network Monitor team answers quickly and works the problem. In almost every case, we've been able to resolve implementation questions or monitoring challenges in a short amount of time. In one case, we encountered a bug and PRTG Network Monitor support provided us with a custom build and worked with us to ensure the issue was entirely resolved. I can't stress how golden this is - I've had companies large and small drop the ball on critical support issues, and I always remember the companies that don't do that to their customers. It's evident to me that Paessler as a company has a customer focus in everything that they do. The software is actively developed and continually improving, which is also a plus.
December 13, 2019

The right size for everyone

Support Rating

We have never had to use PRTG support. This speaks to how great the software is. 3 years running - no support required.
Dan Reynolds | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 17, 2019

PRTG - Dependable Network Monitoring for an SMB

Support Rating

Even though I have the free product - I have gotten good support when I've needed it. Honestly I haven't needed a lot of support but the few times I did it was readily accessible through their forum. Obviously with the free version you don't get direct support but still any support at all with free is like fantastic.
Read Dan Reynolds's full review
August 14, 2019

PRTG Monitoring System

Support Rating

I have not had any experience with their support so I am not able to give a high or low rating.

Automated network device discovery (39)
Network monitoring (42)
Baseline threshold calculation (37)
Alerts (43)
9.2
Network capacity planning (29)
Packet capture analysis (21)
Network mapping (28)
Customizable reports (37)
Wireless infrastructure monitoring (28)
Hardware health monitoring (41)
9.2

About PRTG

PRTG Network Monitor is the flagship offering from German software company Paessler, for monitoring local and wide area networks (LANs & WANs), servers, websites, apps, and more. It also includes free VoIP monitoring software.

PRTG Technical Details