PRWeb - a good choice for small businesses on a budget who want to get their news seen by a wider audienceI help clients with press releases and I sometimes advise them to use PRWeb to issue the releases. Issuing a press release using a service like PRWeb helps it get wider reach, and it will also show up on search engines. Using a wire service is one more way to leverage a press release.,Cost: It's much less expensive than some of the other services. When you work with smaller businesses, they can't always afford $1000 to issue a press release on a wire service. It's easy to use. The interface is fairly simple to figure out and guides you through what you need to include - headline, photo, pull quote, etc. It helps get your news out on the search engines, which can help more people see it. For example, one client I was working with sent a release via PRWeb and it helped them get into talks with a potential reseller.,PRWeb is very particular about certain types of releases. For example, when a company makes an acquisition, PRWeb requires authorization from both companies before they'll issue the release. This can cause a slow down in the timing of getting the news out - and it creates a hassle when they both have to fill out paperwork. This could be streamlined. It doesn't automatically save your work. For example, if you are staging a press release, you have to remember to save it - or it disappears. This has happened to me multiple times. You have to pay an additional fee to get the news out the same day. Otherwise, you can choose for it to go out the next day. It requires you to plan and think ahead - and many companies don't do this.,8,I mentioned that a client of mine for which we used PRWeb is now in talks with a potential reselling partner - so that could have a major impact on their business. It's always good to have the news out there to as wide an audience as possible. While pitching the news directly to reporters should be part of the PR plan for any announcement, issuing it via a service like PRWeb is usually a good idea. PRWeb can help more reporters see your news. There are times when a reporter might see the press release via PRWeb and contact the company. Of course, news articles help add credibility and drive more traffic and more business.,PR Newswire and Business WireQuality, Easy and Reasonable PR DistributionWe use PRWeb for our organization to distribute press releases.,Easy to use online forms Editorial review is responsive and catches typos.,Formatting on press releases is very limited. Doesn't allow bold, italics or bullets.,8,PRWeb has helped us extend the reach of our press releases,WordPress, Broadview OfficeSuite, Salesforce.comNeed to get your news out? Try PRWeb!I use PRWeb to publicly distribute our news releases. It's mainly used by the marketing department but is used for all major company news and announcements. PRWeb helps us get the word out about any news we have and up the chances of it getting picked up by a news organization.,PRWeb is good for publicly distributing your news announcement. PRWeb can also help you write or edit your press release if you need help or aren't able to do it on your own. You can target certain geographical areas or business sectors for your news to be distributed to.,I wish you didn't have to pay for every extra thing. Sometimes it comes off like the people with the most money will be the ones that get their news seen. It would be nice to geo-target globally. Right now, PRWeb only lets you select certain major MSAs in the US.,9,PRWeb helps us get our news out. That's all positive! We've had many reporters pick up our news releases without us having to personally reach out to them on our own.,,HubSpot, Trello, Google AnalyticsPRWeb is good, but not for everyone.We use PRWeb to send press releases about company news, new product offerings from our suppliers, and of new equipment and capabilities that we purchase throughout the year. I am the only person in my company who is responsible for marketing duties therefore I am the sole user of PRWeb at Strouse. PRWeb allows us to create press releases and issue them on a mass scale to media outlets all over the country. Often times products or capabilities that are new to our industry are only targeted to certain geographic regions and we have the ability to focus on these regions with PRWeb.,PRWeb is fairly easy to use to issue press releases. They have a review process that will look over your release before submission although this review is not going to catch spelling and grammatical errors. I've seen our press releases posted on industry relevant websites thanks to the reach that PRWeb provided us. Although I never used it because we subscribed to a different service, PRWeb allows you to create and send email blasts within their OutMarket marketing platform. I enjoy the ability to add a quote call out in the release. I also like that images or videos can be added to the release.,While I was surprised with how well PRWeb could publish our content to many different outlets, I was disappointed that some of these outlets were not including links back to our website even through links were provided in the initial release. I found that on the most important sites where my PR was posted, that no links were sent back to our website. PRWeb could do a better job at providing analytics for the release. They present some good info, not a lot, and the data that they do show you is not presented cleanly. I was most interested in the # of reads, impressions, and clicks my release received, and while they provided this information it was not in depth enough so that I could identify where the majority of this data was coming from. Besides clicks, reads, and impressions, I was also interested in where my press release was being posted online. They provide an extensive list, but this list is so long and full of low quality websites that it is difficult to find the high quality sites that your PR is posted to. More enhanced reporting dashboards.,7,We did not see much of an impact as a direct result of using PRWeb besides small increases of traffic to our website on the day a press release was issued and for the next couple of days following the release. A week later web traffic would go back to normal levels. It was a time saver because we did not have to contact media outlets to distribute the press As PR web enhanced the pickup.,PR Newswire,HubSpot,1,1,Issuance of Press Releases Brand expansion Email Marketing,Send press releases based on supplier news and new product releases,Email marketing if we had not subscribed to another service.,1,No,Price Product Features Product Reputation Third-party Reviews,Evaluate more vendors and find out why PR Web/Cision is really the best out there.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,None at all, implementation was quick and easy.,10,5,No,Not sure if this is considered exceptional support, but we had just learned news of a new product release from our largest supplier. They were issuing a release the following day and welcomed the opportunity for us to submit a join-press release with them showing how our capabilities can help expand the usage of their product. I was able to submit the press release to PRWeb and expedite the review process and the PR was issued the following day without any problems.,Creating PR and sending this to specific industries and markets.,Analyzing data from press releases,10
PRWeb

PRWeb Reviews

PRWeb
Filter 12 vetted PRWeb reviews and ratings
Michelle Messenger Garrett profile photo
July 13, 2018

Review: "PRWeb - a good choice for small businesses on a budget who want to get their news seen by a wider audience"

• Cost: It's much less expensive than some of the other services. When you work with smaller businesses, they can't always afford $1000 to issue a press release on a wire service.
  • It's easy to use. The interface is fairly simple to figure out and guides you through what you need to include - headline, photo, pull quote, etc.
  • It helps get your news out on the search engines, which can help more people see it. For example, one client I was working with sent a release via PRWeb and it helped them get into talks with a potential reseller.
  • PRWeb is very particular about certain types of releases. For example, when a company makes an acquisition, PRWeb requires authorization from both companies before they'll issue the release. This can cause a slow down in the timing of getting the news out - and it creates a hassle when they both have to fill out paperwork. This could be streamlined.
  • It doesn't automatically save your work. For example, if you are staging a press release, you have to remember to save it - or it disappears. This has happened to me multiple times.
  • You have to pay an additional fee to get the news out the same day. Otherwise, you can choose for it to go out the next day. It requires you to plan and think ahead - and many companies don't do this.
For smaller companies on a budget that have major news to announce, it can be worth the $249 fee to issue a press release - and it comes with a photo. On other services, if you issued a press release with a photo, it would be much more costly - more like $1000.

If you're a major brand with a big budget, it may not make sense to use PRWeb. While PRWeb does help get the news on search engines, it may not do as good a job as the pricier services.
Read Michelle Messenger Garrett's full review
July 02, 2018

PRWeb Review: "Quality, Easy and Reasonable PR Distribution"

We use PRWeb for our organization to distribute press releases.
  • Easy to use online forms
  • Editorial review is responsive and catches typos.
  • Formatting on press releases is very limited. Doesn't allow bold, italics or bullets.
PRWeb is well suited for small companies with limited marketing budgets.
Mara Gordon profile photo
March 23, 2017

User Review: "Need to get your news out? Try PRWeb!"

• PRWeb is good for publicly distributing your news announcement.
  • PRWeb can also help you write or edit your press release if you need help or aren't able to do it on your own.
  • You can target certain geographical areas or business sectors for your news to be distributed to.
  • I wish you didn't have to pay for every extra thing. Sometimes it comes off like the people with the most money will be the ones that get their news seen.
  • It would be nice to geo-target globally. Right now, PRWeb only lets you select certain major MSAs in the US.
If you need to get your news out to the public then PRWeb is a great option. They have a few different packages to choose from for individual news releases but if you plan to distribute a lot of releases in any given year they can offer customized packages with discount pricing. If you're a very global business I would perhaps see if there are news distributors that are more focused on reaching audiences in other countries.
Read Mara Gordon's full review
Nicholas Zgorski profile photo
February 19, 2016

User Review: "PRWeb is good, but not for everyone."

• PRWeb is fairly easy to use to issue press releases. They have a review process that will look over your release before submission although this review is not going to catch spelling and grammatical errors.
  • I've seen our press releases posted on industry relevant websites thanks to the reach that PRWeb provided us.
  • Although I never used it because we subscribed to a different service, PRWeb allows you to create and send email blasts within their OutMarket marketing platform.
  • I enjoy the ability to add a quote call out in the release.
  • I also like that images or videos can be added to the release.
  • While I was surprised with how well PRWeb could publish our content to many different outlets, I was disappointed that some of these outlets were not including links back to our website even through links were provided in the initial release. I found that on the most important sites where my PR was posted, that no links were sent back to our website.
  • PRWeb could do a better job at providing analytics for the release. They present some good info, not a lot, and the data that they do show you is not presented cleanly. I was most interested in the # of reads, impressions, and clicks my release received, and while they provided this information it was not in depth enough so that I could identify where the majority of this data was coming from.
  • Besides clicks, reads, and impressions, I was also interested in where my press release was being posted online. They provide an extensive list, but this list is so long and full of low quality websites that it is difficult to find the high quality sites that your PR is posted to.
  • More enhanced reporting dashboards.
PRWeb served it's purpose for Strouse by sending news out to new audiences although this never generated an overwhelming amount of traffic to our website. If you are only interested in issuing PR and getting your name out there, then I think PRWeb is a fine solution.
I find PRWeb less appropriate if you really want to drive traffic to your site through a press release in hopes of creating sales.
During the selection process I would be interested in knowing what sources my PR would be submitted to. Is it being submitted to relevant websites? Will links be provided on all of these websites? Ask yourself, will these websites benefit my companies SEO?
Read Nicholas Zgorski's full review