it is also very good for making purchase decisions or to control your stock levels in general. The data is under your hands in seconds and all the information is very clear
Within the University of Miami healthcare system (UHealth), we wanted to see a high level view of our contracting performance. We are currently are utilizing multiple systems of truth. We utilize the Advisory Board's PIC (Payment Integrity Compass) system to model all of our hospital contracts. For professional services, we use Experian's modeling tool. We wanted to consolidate all of these different inputs of expected payment values into one view or report. There is a need to compare expected contractual values with actual over time. It helps our team get better at predicting the future if we continue to monitor and follow. Our hope was that actual values would materialize from our expected values.
In our own wheel house, we were able to identify easy things where a contract was loaded incorrectly. We also began to see how our processes and other team's processes were negatively affecting the bottom line. We were able to provide tips to other teams to help improve their processes.
The ability for the user to filter and sort data in every way possible makes it easier to create applications as these need not be so specific in detail.
It is relatively easy to script end create streams/apps thus you can come a long way without being an IT professional :-)
QS is not so good at (automatically) exporting data for other systems to use.
- Used as BI tool, analytical, insights.
- Geospatial analysis.
Basically, if you can afford the product then it is probably worth taking a good look at whether it is a best-practice product that you want to opt for. Perhaps the Cloud-hosted option is the best one to go for since that is the way of the future and a lot of new functionality is released on the Enterprise Cloud edition first. Also, that way you are not looking at the hosting costs and server management such as version upgrades in the same way.
Qlik Sense is a business intelligence (BI) and visual analytics platform that supports a range of analytic use cases. Built on Qlik’s Associative Engine, it supports a full range of users and use-cases across the life-cycle from data to insight – with self-service analytics, interactive dashboards, conversational analytics, custom and embedded analytics, mobile analytics, and reporting. The solution comes in three different editions - Qlik Sense Enterprise, Business, and Team. Qlik Sense can be deployed in the cloud or on-premises.
The Qlik Sense analytics platforms aims to empower everyone in organizations to make data-driven decisions. People of all skill levels get analytical power, with associative exploration and search, AI-powered insight suggestions, AI-accelerated creation and data prep, advanced analytics integration, and natural-language, conversational interaction. They can share and communicate the insights they discover and get answers anywhere they work – with interactive and secure online and offline mobility. And for the enterprise, users get a platform with open and standard APIs for customization and extension, data integration and connectivity, centralized management and governance, and a Kubernetes based SaaS / multi-cloud architecture driving scalability across combinations of on-premise, private, and public cloud environments.
- Supported: Administration via Windows App
- Supported: Administration via MacOS App
- Supported: Administration via Web Interface
- Supported: Live Connection to External Data
- Supported: Snapshot of External Data
- Supported: In-memory data model
- Supported: OLAP (Pre-processed cube representation)
- Supported: ROLAP (SQL-layer querying)
- Supported: Multi-Data Source Reporting (Blending)
- Supported: Data warehouse / dictionary layer
- Supported: ETL Capability
- Supported: ETL Scheduler
- Supported: MS Excel Workbooks
- Supported: Text Files (CSV, etc)
- Supported: Oracle
- Supported: MS SQL Server
- Supported: IBM DB2
- Supported: Postgres
- Supported: MySQL
- Supported: ODBC
- Supported: Cloudera Hadoop
- Supported: Hortonworks Hadoop
- Supported: EMC Greenplum
- Supported: IBM Netezza
- Supported: HP Vertica
- Supported: ParAccel
- Supported: SAP Hana
- Supported: Teradata
- Supported: Sage 500
- Supported: Salesforce
- Supported: SAP
- Supported: Google Analytics
- Supported: Pixel Perfect reports
- Supported: Customizable dashboards
- Supported: Report Formatting Templates
- Supported: Drill-down analysis
- Supported: Formatting capabilities
- Supported: Integration with R or other statistical packages
- Supported: Report sharing and collaboration
- Supported: Publish to Web
- Supported: Publish to PDF
- Supported: Output Raw Supporting Data
- Supported: Report Versioning
- Supported: Report Delivery Scheduling
- Supported: Delivery to Remote Servers
- Supported: Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
- Supported: Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
- Supported: Predictive Analytics
- Supported: Support for Machine Learning models
- Supported: Pattern Recognition and Data Mining
- Supported: Multi-User Support (named login)
- Supported: Role-Based Security Model
- Supported: Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
- Supported: Report-Level Access Control
- Supported: Table-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Field-Level Access Control (BI-layer)
- Supported: Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Supported: Responsive Design for Web Access
- Supported: Dedicated iOS Application
- Supported: Dedicated Android Application
- Supported: Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
- Supported: REST API
- Supported: iFrames
- Supported: Java API
- Supported: Themeable User Interface (UI)
- Supported: Customizable Platform (Open Source)
- Supported: In memory data indexing Associative Engine
- Supported: Machine Learning with the Qlik Cognitive Engine
- Supported: Augmented Intelligence and insight suggestions with Insight Advisor
- Supported: Conversational Analytics with Qlik Insight Bot
- Supported: Open APIs, in addition to Qlik Analytics Platform
- Supported: Multi Cloud Architecture with docker containers deployed and orchestrated within Kubernetes
- Supported: Data Catalog & Data Ops Management with Qlik Data Catalyst
- Supported: Public and syndicated data as a service with Qlik Data Market
- Supported: Qlik Associative Big Data Index delivers Qlik’s associative experience on top of Big Data
- Supported: Flexible deployment options including Enterprise SaaS and combination of cloud and on-premise options
- Supported: Enterprise reporting and distribution with Qlik NPrinting
- Supported: Advanced geopolitical calculation and geotagging with Qlik Geo Analytics
- Supported: Embedded analytic capabilities to build, extend and deploy custom solutions that are scalable and cloud-ready with Qlik Core
Watch Try a Qlik Sense App
Watch Qlik GeoAnalytics
- Qlik Sense Data Sheet Qlik Sense® is our governed, next-generation visual analytics product, supporting a full range of BI use cases for individuals, groups, and organizations, including self-service visualization, centrally deployed guided analytics apps and dashboards, custom and embedded analytics, and reporting. Business users of all types and skill sets get powerful, flexible visualization and discovery on any device, all within a governed framework that drives enterprise scalability and trust for IT.
- Qlik NPrinting Qlik NPrinting is Qlik’s next-generation reporting and distribution solution, helping spread knowledge and insight across the organization and beyond. This data sheet provides an overview of the product and its capabilities for report creation, distribution, and enterprise deployment.
- Qlik's Statement of Direction
- Qlik Insight Bot The Qlik Insight Bot provides an AI powered, conversational analytics experience, giving people a faster and easier way to ask questions, generate insights, and make data-driven decisions using natural language. It can be readily accessed from within Qlik Sense as well as through popular collaboration tools such as Slack, Skype, Salesforce Chat, and Microsoft Teams. Natural Language Processing (NLP) automatically trains itself and learns from user inquiries over time, and Natural Language Generation (NLG) delivers insights for not only what is happening, but also why – and where to go next. Insights include auto-generated charts, interpretations, key drivers, period-over-period calculations, predictions for measures, and even comparative analysis. Users can set alerts for KPI thresholds, share and collaborate conversationally, and even interact using voice – with Amazon Alexa integration.
- Qlik APIs A short data sheet describing the Qlik Sense APIs
- Qlik Data Catalyst Qlik Data Catalyst™ is a modern enterprise data management solution that simplifies and speeds up how you catalog, manage, prepare, and deliver your trustworthy, actionable data to business users across your enterprise.
- Qlik Scalability Tools
- The Qlik Associative Big Data Index The Qlik Associative Big Data Index delivers Qlik’s associative experience on top of Big Data, allowing users to freely explore and search Big Data repositories while leaving the data where it resides. This capability provides a governed, high-performance associative engine that can be deployed within sources such as Hadoop based data lakes, eliminating the need to transfer and prepare the data elsewhere before it can be analyzed.
- Qlik Connectors
- Qlik Analytics Platform - the power of the Qlik® Associative Engine and visualizations in the hands of application and web developers through powerful, open, and modern APIs – allowing you to see all the connections among all the values in all your data.
- Qlik Core - With Qlik Core, you can take advantage of Qlik's powerful associative engine to build, extend and quickly deploy custom interactive data-driven solutions that are highly scalable and cloud-ready. And built for Linux and running in a Docker container, Qlik Core applications can easily be embedded into any stack, IoT device, process, application, web page, or portal.
Starting Price: $30
|Qlik Sense Business||$30.00||Per User/Per Month|
|Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS||Contact sales|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac, Kubernetes|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||Americas, EMEA, LATAM, APAC|
|Supported Languages||The Qlik Management Console is English only. The Qlik Sense client supports the following languages: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, simplified Chinese, Polish, Turkish, Korean, and Traditional Chinese. The language Qlik Sense uses depends on the language preferences of your browser. The default reading order in a Qlik Sense app is left to right. You can change the reading order to right-to-left in your app preferences if your data or labels are in a right-to-left language such as Arabic or Hebrew.|