QNAP NAS

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of QNAP NAS, and make your voice heard!

What is QNAP NAS?

QNAP offers a wide array of network-attached storage units for SMBs, home, and enterprise.

What is QNAP NAS?

QNAP NAS Technical Details

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 10.

The most common users of QNAP NAS are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

We save a lot of money using QNAP for the backup of Virtual machines. We installed a QNAP in the datacenter of our Cloud Provider and the cost of the backup and storage that we use is, at least, 1/10 of the cost that we had in the past. We can choose what kind of drives we can install, so if we want affordable we can use 5400/7200 hard drives, if we need speed we can use SSD drives.
QNAP NAS are efficient, are very durable I think I never replaced one of them. I use it as IT Dept to save customers pc with Veeam backup if I need to reinstall them or clean them from viruses. I use it in my customers' organizations to save the entire pc's, in some case also small business servers or customers with 1 or 2 VM's. We use it to share but we prefer to set up the NAS with a "secret" user to prevent ransomwares. I think the best feedback I can give to QNAP is that I never, never repaired or replaced a QNAP NAS. That's really good I guess.
I recommend the QNAP NAS device because it is a simple solution that responds to requests. Simple here does not mean that the product is insufficient, it is designed in such a way that you can easily reach a solution. For example, you can perform a failed disk replacement within 30 seconds without connecting to the interface, or you can start taking a backup of a new user without ever logging into the system.
QNAP is extremely suited for organizations that want and need to expand their network storage in a safe manner and as a cost-effective solution. It provides a lot of security when it is correctly setup. Units with capacity for 8 or more hard drives can be setup as RAID 10 giving the possibility of 2 hard drive failures yet with all data protected.