Reviews (1-25 of 82)
- Easy to reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Easy to enter any transaction or journal entry
- Built-in reports are great and easy to read.
- Reports are easy to customize for your particular needs.
- Better inventory tracking needed for larger locations.
- Actual depreciation calculations would be a great improvement.
- Balance sheet, Profit & Loss, and other financial reports
- Invoicing clients
- Job costing, usually.
- There have been problems with job costing reports providing inconsistent results.
- Memorized job costing reports mysteriously change settings.
- The specific reports "Job Estimates to Actual" and "Job Profitability Detail" display inconsistent results to each other! The "actual cost" on each of them should be identical!
- QuickBooks premium support is included with the plan, but reaching them has become much harder, and the quality of the individual technician has been inconsistent. We've spent hours upon hours, over multiple days, trying to solve some of these problems.
- Excellent list of standard reports
- Great flexibility to customize reports
- Clean and intuitive interface
- I'd like to see cloud-based hosted solutions made more affordable for smaller companies like ours.
- Why is this still a 32-bit program? 64-bit has been the norm for many years and it would speed up the response time significantly I'm sure.
- Different forms and reports seem to use different printing coding. Some of my forms print well and some have trouble while I'm using the same computer.
- Solid basic reports on profit, loss, cash flow, and assets
- Good structure for paying employees and handling deductions and other payroll functions
- Solid AP functionality and good ability to handle multiple payment types, split transactions, and other needs
- The software has gotten really slow over time as invoices are attached to reports.
- Changes made to electronic payment filing have messed up managing electronic payrolls and necessitating additional steps and rights.
- User management is a challenge.
If you're moving from another software, it's not as easy to import your data. QuickBooks does make data imports rather difficult, so as a result, we did a lot of hand-keying of information. While that was less than ideal, it was an expectation we had going into the implementation. As a result, we were very pleased with how things turned out.
- Aging of outstanding bills & invoices
- Financial reporting by class
- Financial Reporting: We cannot produce one report that shows both monthly and year-to-date results
- Voiding of a check in a closed period
- Ease of use
- Detail, customizable reports in seconds
- Error correction, within authority, is super easy, no need to reverse and go again
- Error correction is a double-edged sword, easy to "correct" something incorrectly and further compound the error
- Doesn't include a lot of project management pieces we have to get from 3rd party
- Payroll for union contractors is a bit tedious since there is no integration.
- Online integration with several financial institutions.
- Great structure for paying employees, handling deductions and other payroll functions.
- Not super complex.
- Could use more project management functionality.
- Configuring automatic reports to be emailed would be nice.
- More granular user permissions.
- Accounts Receivable tracking and reporting.
- Accounts Payable tracking and reporting.
- Reporting is easy whether on Cash or Accrual basis.
- Sales Tax tracking for gross sales and tax collected.
- Purchase order function is clunky.
- The delayed charge feature make sure we never forget to send an invoice.
- Each invoice allows us to customize and choose which payment methods we'll accept.
- Some of the export options are not as advanced as I would like them to be.
- I wish it had the ability to show me when other users are logged into the QuickBooks account.
Because it has to be hosted, it was a little frustrating to rely on connectivity to a hosted site. It was also frustrating because our hosting service would not allow us to connect third party apps to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
- Tracks sales.
- Tracks payables.
- As someone who struggles with accounting, it's difficult to understand some of the balancing features.
- Keystrokes are not standard to windows shortcut keystrokes and I have sometimes voided a transaction instead of pasting data.
- Ease of use for financial reporting.
- Understandable workflow.
- Lack of features for manufacturing and production needs.
- Lack of features for inventory management - One single on-hand inventory number.
- We use QuickBooks in our day to day activities. To manage income/ revenue, we needed a system that could be robust and accurate. QuickBooks does that for us.
- Due to the nature of our business, we work with many vendors. The invoicing feature assists us in maintaining records and sending invoices/ purchase orders in a timely manner. We can also track when and to whom these are sent to all in one place.
- We have many departments that we manage. The reporting feature allows us to see all transactions and it can be broken down by department so we can see where things are going well and not so well. Also, we use the reporting features to communicate with each department the results of deposits, budgets and any transactions.
- We import from other programs that are compatible with QuickBooks. Sometimes this can be challenging because if we do not create the import properly, the data can be brought in incorrectly or distorted. We then have to go in and manually change the data or delete the import and begin over.
- Before we provide reports, we have to create a query that includes what data we need and the fields to include in the report. This requires a great attention to detail. If the detail is not correct, then the report can be wrong. When working with accounting, this is not good. We need our numbers to be accurate. If the queries were easier to create our reports would be more accurate.
If you are on a limited budget and are not sure about general accounting practices, I would suggest another method of keeping track of the day to day financials.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a widely-used accounting and business management software designed for small to mid-sized companies. Enterprise is the most powerful of the QuickBooks solutions, with core accounting features plus customizable reporting, financial dashboards and advanced tools to manage employees, payments and different locations. Features include inventory management and order fulfillment from start to finish, job costing for end-to-end tracking of construction projects, and advanced pricing controls with integrated inventory.
Built to scale with companies, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise enables up to 40 users, and has over 200 3rd party integrations including industry specific apps. Dedicated versions for construction, manufacturing and wholesale, retail, nonprofit, and professional services are available as is hosting for remote access. Dedicated account management, on-demand training, and 24/7 technical support comes automatically with the Priority Circle loyalty program. Pricing starts at $1,200 annually with multiple packaging options to fit business needs.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Integrations
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|