Reviews (1-25 of 95)
- Number of Vendors and Customers.
- Ability to have several company files.
- Batch Entry of bills.
- being able to drill down from summary reports.
- Being able to see the history of a transaction.
- Warning you of double entry of invoice number, check numbers etc.
- Would like the dollar amount to fill in when you are using items like it does when you are using expenses.
- To be able to add items when using bank feed to jobs and items.
- Be able to edit jobs as a sub account of a client after the job has been created.
- Be able to import company letterhead as a template to be used for collections.
- Work in Progress report.
- We are able to quickly see our real-time inventory at each site and deliver just-in-time deliveries to our customers where they need it, when they need it.
- Our reporting is now robust and paints the whole picture, helping in our decisions regarding cash management and future investments.
- We are beginning to realize savings from accurate inventory movement and better control of Receivables and Payables.
- Moving our accounts to new software, as expected, was painful. It involved a great number of resources and time to ensure accuracy.
- Although robust, the reporting is not always intuitive. It takes time and effort to create reports specific to your individual needs. The "boxed" reports are thorough, but fairly generic. But, I suppose they have to be to meet the general needs of a wide and broad user base.
- The program is fully featured, so, you can expect a long learning curve, especially when you roll it throughout the company at once.
Well suited to inventory management. Our inventory is key to our business success. QBE allows us to easily watch our levels.
Not well suited to sales commission reporting. This process takes us a long time every month to calculate.
- Solid basic reports on profit, loss, cash flow, and assets
- Good structure for paying employees and handling deductions and other payroll functions
- Solid AP functionality and good ability to handle multiple payment types, split transactions, and other needs
- The software has gotten really slow over time as invoices are attached to reports.
- Changes made to electronic payment filing have messed up managing electronic payrolls and necessitating additional steps and rights.
- User management is a challenge.
If you're moving from another software, it's not as easy to import your data. QuickBooks does make data imports rather difficult, so as a result, we did a lot of hand-keying of information. While that was less than ideal, it was an expectation we had going into the implementation. As a result, we were very pleased with how things turned out.
- Advanced inventory.
- Customized pricing.
- Customized templates.
- Users can see cost as well once we allow them inventory view access. We want them to see only inventory level/ stock, not the cost at all.
- User[s] can change prices at create invoice stage. We should have function to allow certain user to change prices, not all users.
- Reporting function is very comprehensive, but it should be further segmented in parts so we can allow users to view only such reports which we want them to. Right now, when we allow they see all sales/receivables report on just one tick.
- Huge community of apps and info.
- Very flexible and customizable without paying a programmer.
- Good support team.
- With so many options, it will take a bit of research to cater to your company.
- Does not do automation and has limited bulk capabilities "out of the box," but there's apps for that.
- Needs to carry a few more fields across documents. Such as creating a PO to an SO: the SO should not automatically have the PO# on it. Same with Invoice and Item receipts.
- Robust accounting features - some online software are now oversimplified.
- Numerous reports available to help manage our business.
- Integrates nicely with our Inventory and Payroll Software.
- Invoice Template creation - antiquated look and feel - text fields at the bottom where we enter our wire instructions is limited to a small field. We can't see how it looks until after we save it. It would be great if all editing could be right on the template.
- It is user-friendly and logical to use.
- The system allows for ease of edits and changing transactions during the learning curve.
- As a consultant, it is easy to go from job to job, because even different types of businesses use the same functions.
- The reporting is quite flexible.
- Import and Export functions could be expanded or more obvious, especially during the set up process. Historical information uploads would be great.
- Seeing the g/l entries behind the transactions can be difficult at times.
- Reporting features customized for all business types and sizes.
- Implementing and using QuickBooks for the first time is an extremely quick process. QuickBooks offers all the tools for a fast and successful integration that is tailored to each individual company.
- The free trial is a risk-free way to see first hand how essential QuickBooks is and how affordable it is compared to the benefits you will be getting. It's a no brainer!
- Superior features that stay current and even ahead of the industry.
- Customer service is fast and they don't cut corners on hiring enough people and the right people to assist their customers.
- They have been industry leaders for many years with a proven track record - staying power in the industry!
- The login can sometimes take precious time with it's authentication requirements which are safety measures implemented for a company's privacy. However, it can be frustrating sometimes when you are under a time crunch. If there was a way to have the security feature be a question or something similar where you didn't have to either check your email or your phone each time you had to login. For the first login I understand the email and phone check but after that it becomes tedious. If security is a factor maybe have password reset after a certain period of time or like I suggested above use a security question or symbol for a quick verification.
- I am sure there is a way to fix this but I haven't found it. It's a little frustrating that QuickBooks requires a customer email when sometimes I don't want to send the invoice directly to the customer i.e. when we are preparing bank draws for a customer and need to referenced invoice but have already received payment.
- It can be daunting to wade through all the different features and plans QuickBooks offers, it seems there could be a easier/better way to represent the information for customers who want a quick snapshot. This would include some small changes visual or content wise in how the information was presented. Overall this isn't a huge issue but it was definitely something I found to be a little overwhelming and I had experience with QuickBooks previously - I am sure this is a problem when marketing to new customers in my honest opinion.
Also, on its integration with TurboTax, it is not possible to upload the transactions unless you are using the same computer you do QB on...which means my bookkeeper can't upload from QB.
- Easy to reconcile bank and credit card accounts
- Easy to enter any transaction or journal entry
- Built-in reports are great and easy to read.
- Reports are easy to customize for your particular needs.
- Better inventory tracking needed for larger locations.
- Actual depreciation calculations would be a great improvement.
- Balance sheet, Profit & Loss, and other financial reports
- Invoicing clients
- Job costing, usually.
- There have been problems with job costing reports providing inconsistent results.
- Memorized job costing reports mysteriously change settings.
- The specific reports "Job Estimates to Actual" and "Job Profitability Detail" display inconsistent results to each other! The "actual cost" on each of them should be identical!
- QuickBooks premium support is included with the plan, but reaching them has become much harder, and the quality of the individual technician has been inconsistent. We've spent hours upon hours, over multiple days, trying to solve some of these problems.
- Excellent list of standard reports
- Great flexibility to customize reports
- Clean and intuitive interface
- I'd like to see cloud-based hosted solutions made more affordable for smaller companies like ours.
- Why is this still a 32-bit program? 64-bit has been the norm for many years and it would speed up the response time significantly I'm sure.
- Different forms and reports seem to use different printing coding. Some of my forms print well and some have trouble while I'm using the same computer.
- Aging of outstanding bills & invoices
- Financial reporting by class
- Financial Reporting: We cannot produce one report that shows both monthly and year-to-date results
- Voiding of a check in a closed period
- Ease of use
- Detail, customizable reports in seconds
- Error correction, within authority, is super easy, no need to reverse and go again
- Error correction is a double-edged sword, easy to "correct" something incorrectly and further compound the error
- Doesn't include a lot of project management pieces we have to get from 3rd party
- Payroll for union contractors is a bit tedious since there is no integration.
- P & L's
- Bank Reconciliations-user friendly and simple to link to your bank
- Paying Bills - easy
- Billing Customers-mail or email
- Would love to see more functionality with tax forms-being able to print form and fill in
- Attaching documents to invoices and them emailing them with the attachment
- Setting up more than one type of sales tax with tracking and paying
- Online integration with several financial institutions.
- Great structure for paying employees, handling deductions and other payroll functions.
- Not super complex.
- Could use more project management functionality.
- Configuring automatic reports to be emailed would be nice.
- More granular user permissions.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise?
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a widely-used accounting and business management software designed for small to mid-sized companies. Enterprise is the most powerful of the QuickBooks solutions, with core accounting features plus customizable reporting, financial dashboards and advanced tools to manage employees, payments and different locations. Features include inventory management and order fulfillment from start to finish, job costing for end-to-end tracking of construction projects, and advanced pricing controls with integrated inventory.
Built to scale with companies, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise enables up to 40 users, and has over 200 3rd party integrations including industry specific apps. Dedicated versions for construction, manufacturing and wholesale, retail, nonprofit, and professional services are available as is hosting for remote access. Dedicated account management, on-demand training, and 24/7 technical support comes automatically with the Priority Circle loyalty program. Pricing starts at $1,200 annually with multiple packaging options to fit business needs.
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Integrations
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Competitors
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|Gold with Remote Access||1,785.60||per year|
|Platinum with Remote Access||2,083.20||per year|
|Diamond with Remote Access||3,600.36||per year|
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|