QuickBooks Desktop Premier Reviews

November 08, 2019

Alternatives Considered

This question really isn’t applicable to me, but I am intrigued by some of the new online systems that are replacing QuickBooks. That said, I really don’t want to be dependent on the delays and other limitations of working on a web-based application only. QuickBooks is still the king of running small business accounting locally!
December 10, 2018
Diane Leigh Davison | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I think Quicken for my purposes is superior to QuickBooks Premier. I selected QuickBooks at my accountant's urging. It took a significant amount of time to set up, migrate, learn, and maintain. After almost 2 years of use, I abandoned it and returned to Quicken. Easier bank account reconciliation and management of sub-accounts within an account, e.g. attorney client escrow account.
Read Diane Leigh Davison's full review
February 06, 2018
Tracie Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

The other accounting-based programs I have attempted to utilize in this position have been far inferior to the functionality of QB premier. One, in particular, has several methods of use and not all of them were easy to navigate. QB's use of icons and homepage direction chart makes finding where to start a breeze. I can literally point and click and end up right where I intended to be without worrying that I'm going to mess something up.
Read Tracie Jones's full review
January 25, 2018
Daniel Miles | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have recently started working with Deltek Vision as a consultant project for a large sized architectural company with firms across the world. Understandably, Vision is a great project for this firm because of the needs that are required for a global firm, but is much more complex and requires much more work, effort, and steps to get things done. You can customize a lot of items which is great, but is far too complex and non cost-effective for small to mid-sized firms.
Read Daniel Miles's full review
March 16, 2016
Silvia Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Enterprise is the cadillac of Intuit Products, QuickBooks Online has unparalleled access.Premier is much better than Pro, which doesn't have as many features. I work in the accountant version, so I really like the functionality and sometimes I recommend the client buys the accountant version for the additonal tools that are available.
Read Silvia Evans's full review
February 03, 2016
Andrew Newman CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I could not get the line above to work.

The programs i reviewed and evaluated were Peachtree, QB online, Xero and Intacct.

The reason I continue to use QB is that i know the program and understand its strengths and weaknesses. Peachtree was much more cumbersome to implement and use, Intacct, while great, was to expensive and really much more than I needed. Qbonline did not offer some of the functionality that I need and Xero is new in the market, and does not seem to offer me anything the QB does not already have. Intuit is a well respected company. They put a lot of effort into the QB product and when I have issues, I can get them resolved.

Read Andrew Newman CPA's full review
August 19, 2015
Kimberly Galland | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Have used Peachtree but it is much more expensive, doesn't offer multiple years in same data file and is not as user friendly. It requires a monthly close each month which is cumbersome for smaller clients.
Read Kimberly Galland's full review
January 27, 2019

Alternatives Considered

We have looked at Peachtree and other custom applications for an enterprise organization. Those products might be more robust - but for a small business, our needs are basic. This is easy to learn, intuitive and affordable. It's easy to install and maintain. Even non-technical business owners benefit from QuickBooks - and business owners that are not accountants!
May 05, 2015
Andrea Campbell, CPA,CITP | TrustRadius Reviewer

• Bill.com,PaySimple,QuickBooks Online,Replicon TimeAttend,quicken
QuickBooks Premier handles most of my business functions efficiently in one package. It is not my "everything." I use Replicon for time rather than QuickBooks. I don't want my WIP data interfering with my accounting. I use PaySimple for it's web interface and back office processing. I don't have security issues since I don't have any credit card data in my possession. With today's identity theft environment, I have to protect myself as much as I can. Not having credit card data in my accounting software lets me sleep much better at night. Quicken will do basic accounting but does not have all the double entry accounting systems contained in QuickBooks. QuickBooks Online does much of the basic business functions but I don't like the pricing structure. As a professional accountant, that is very important to me. Bill.com provided a good service but the ability of QuickBooks to add bills and receipts to transactions makes it redundant.
Read Andrea Campbell, CPA,CITP's full review
April 30, 2015
Mary Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

The low end SAGE products were too difficult to use to train the clients. QuickBooks is easier to train. Dynamics is far more sophistication than what my clients need.
Read Mary Miller's full review
April 29, 2015
John Coleman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Intuit is essentially the industry standard. We upgrade every year since at least one of our clients upgrades as well. So many of our new clients come to us with the program already being utilized and are familiar with it. It has virtually become the default accounting software at this time.
Read John Coleman's full review
May 08, 2015
Cristine Delos Santos | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

QuickBooks' user-interface and features are better than that of other accounting systems we have encountered so far. It is easier to navigate through accounting modules and reports even for bookkeeping beginners.
Read Cristine Delos Santos's full review
April 30, 2015
Tony May | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have evaluated other products and implemented other programs, but QuickBooks is the most available and easiest to implement and use. QuickBooks Preimer offers the most versatile product that can be offered to a wide variety of users. One application also makes is easiest for us to manage all clients.
Read Tony May's full review
April 29, 2015
BYRON RAMBO | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I got it to work within my own office and to access clients data without having them convert to an unfamiliar product that would require teaching time
Read BYRON RAMBO's full review
January 25, 2018

Alternatives Considered

Although cloud-based platforms with a monthly subscription are very popular, I still prefer a desktop enterprise solution. Profit & Loss reports by Customer are not accurate in the online version because they cannot account for employee-related costs that should be assigned to these jobs. Also, QuickBooks Online sometimes runs slow in a browser as it depends on internet speed and server performance.

Pay calculation (43)
Benefit plan administration (20)
10.0
Direct deposit files (34)
Salary revision and increment management (27)
9.9
Reimbursement management (26)
API for custom integration (15)
1.7
Plug-ins (20)
1.7
Single sign-on capability (40)
6.0
Role-based user permissions (39)
Dashboards (44)
Cash management (51)
Bank reconciliation (54)
Expense management (51)
Time tracking (27)
Fixed asset management (36)
Multi-currency support (18)
Multi-division support (32)
Regulations compliance (17)
Electronic tax filing (26)
Self-service portal (16)
Global Financial Support (3)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (4)
1.5
Intercompany Accounting (7)
Localizations (1)
Journals and Reconciliations (11)
Enterprise Accounting (4)
10.0
Configurable Accounting (6)
Centralized Rules Framework (3)
9.9
Manufacturing module (16)
Pricing (29)
6.3
Order entry (30)
Credit card processing (26)
Cost of goods sold (32)
Order Orchestration (2)
End-to-end order visibility (3)
6.0
Order exception Resolution (1)

What is QuickBooks Desktop Premier?

Quickbooks Desktop Premier is the on-premise version of Quickbooks designed for various industries. It features core accounting capabilities, including general ledger, double-bookkeeping, and reporting. It also includes invoice status tracking, contractor management, and time and inventory tracking. Premier in particular is designed to enable industry-specific tasks for general contractors and organizations in manufacturing and wholesale, nonprofits, service, and retail sectors, as well as servicing general business needs.

QuickBooks Desktop Premier Video

QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier Plus

QuickBooks Desktop Premier Integrations

QuickBooks Desktop Premier Competitors

Priority AccountEdge, MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)

QuickBooks Desktop Premier Technical Details