QuickBooks Desktop Premier Reviews

May 04, 2020

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Quickbooks Desktop Premier is being used across our whole organization. We are able to record donations, payments, vendors, as well as run payroll, payroll taxes. It also incorporates the ability to run reports, budgets, forms, etc. Running applicable reports for our income and expenses is especially beneficial for a small nonprofit like ourselves.
October 29, 2019
Jerry Lisman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We utilize QB Desktop Premier for several of our companies. We manage our inventory, all accounting functions and payroll for most of our companies. We like the ability to generate reports by specific dates and not be forced to report based on a calendar month. We just began using QB for a new acquisition that has accounting software including its operational software but wants standardize our financial reporting across all our portfolio companies.
Read Jerry Lisman's full review
October 17, 2019
Kathleen Neely | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

QuickBooks Desktop Premier is being used by the accounting department. It makes it easy to see where the company is - easy access to the accounts receivable, accounts payable totals - easy to set up and edit any of the templates - support is good.
Read Kathleen Neely's full review
November 08, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Long-time user. It gets the job done and has all the key components to run a Business. The product hasn’t changed much over the years which is both good and bad. Nice that they have avoided going down the painful path of cloud-only. I hope they start updating the system to work with other technologies, but based on experience that’s not likely as they are milking the cash cow.
December 10, 2018
Diane Leigh Davison | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a solo self-employed attorney running my own law practice. My accountant recommended I switch from Quicken to QuickBooks. I had been using Quicken since 1993. I also need my accounting software to organize the accounts for 4 nonprofits that I run, and all my various personal & business accounts.
Read Diane Leigh Davison's full review
February 06, 2018
Tracie Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Quickbooks Premier (2018 version) primarily for A/P, A/R, and payroll functions within our small marketing company. This program solves invoicing and vendor payment issues as well as making payroll simple and nearly seamless. We do also file state and federal tax forms within B for ease of reporting and data collection. The many reports available make financial statement analysis simple.
Read Tracie Jones's full review
January 25, 2018
Daniel Miles | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used Quickbooks Premier as part of my role at an architectural firm as I was in charge of all of the finances of the company. As a small to mid-sized company, it was very helpful with handling the bookkeeping, including invoicing, A/R, A/P, etc., which allowed me to multi-task alongside my other responsibilities as the office manager.
Read Daniel Miles's full review
February 16, 2018
Lindsey Almond | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use QB across our whole organization. Not only do I use it for accounting, bookkeeping and billing, but the account managers are able to process the estimates for job proposals. This keeps everyone organized and also allows us to see where our money flows into and out of with all of the many reports. I love the customizable reports. They allow us to really become efficient in our reporting.
Read Lindsey Almond's full review
December 20, 2017
Eileen Loughlin | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Quickbooks Premier Contractor's Version is being used in our organization to track sale estimates and/or proposals for both commercial and residential clientele. It is also utilized as the primary accounting software to track income, expense, and financials. It allows us to easily pull historical estimates and/or proposals that might be re-activated and produce actual business revenue. It also allows us to quickly provide accounting information to the corporate accountant for year-end functions.
Read Eileen Loughlin's full review
March 16, 2016
Silvia Evans | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use QuickBooks Premier to manage finances and payroll activities; it is used in conjunction with third party apps. Everyone in the organization uses the product either to support the company or to support our clients. Not every client is on this version. Some clients are on earlier or later years of Premier. Some clients are on QuickBooks Online. It solves the bookkeeping matters, such as payables and receivables, keeps records to support tax preparation and records payroll. It is used for budgeting and planning. It is simpler for the clients to understand as compared to the module based accounting systems.
Read Silvia Evans's full review
February 03, 2016
Andrew Newman CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it throughout the organization for time keeping billing and invoicing. We sync it with payroll (QuickBooks Mananged Payroll) and with Bill. com which is our portal for payment and client receipts and invoicing. All employees have different levels of access and keep track of their time in the program. We use the program in a shared file server environment.
Read Andrew Newman CPA's full review
August 19, 2015
Kimberly Galland | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

QuickBooks Premier is used to manage accounting for multiple companies; provide invoicing, prepare financials and annual accounting for tax returns. All business clients are using QuickBooks Pro or Premier. 10% use QuickBooks Online. It tracks income and expenses and allows clients to process payroll checks and returns. It is user friendly, offers easy file transfer, and many helpful adjustment features for accountants to use for review.
Read Kimberly Galland's full review
January 27, 2019

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As a small business, QuickBooks Premier is an easy transition from Quicken in my personal finances. It tracks my invoicing, client information, billing, etc. My receivables and payables are organized. The best part is that the information I take to my accountant is accurate and clear! No more scrambling to get everything together. The backup feature has completely saved us during hardware failure.
December 11, 2018

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am using QuickBooks Premier 2019 for three companies that I manage, for the same owner, out of the same building. I use it for all accounting needs; A/P, A/R, deposits, and payroll.

Once the company files are set up, it's pretty smooth, and the information is accurate. Like all software, there is a learning curve on where you access everything.
May 05, 2015
Andrea Campbell, CPA,CITP | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use QuickBooks to run most aspects of my business, billing, payroll, general ledger. It lets me run my business quickly and efficiently from one platform. As a sole practitioner, I don't have a lot of time to waste on the back office. I appreciate the efficiency I get from QuickBooks.
Read Andrea Campbell, CPA,CITP's full review
April 30, 2015
Mary Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

QuickBooks Premier is used by our accounting firm for internal accounting, budgeting and time tracking/billing. We also recommend, install and train clients to use QuickBooks Premier as well. The product is easy to learn and therefore easy to teach. It is flexible and versatile enough to serve the needs of over 90% of our clients. The price for the software, install and training is well within most company budgets.
Read Mary Miller's full review
John Coleman | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use the program internally for our financial accounting and we use it for some of our clients to prepare their financials. Other clients also use it and we review their work. Virtually everyone here except our receptionist uses the program. We keep our internal books very up to date so it helps us compare our current and prior year results in real time.
Read John Coleman's full review
May 08, 2015
Cristine Delos Santos | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

This software is used by the entire organization and it helps us a lot in the overall bookkeeping process for our clients. It makes financial generation easy and quick which make work more efficient.
Read Cristine Delos Santos's full review
April 30, 2015
Tony May | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use the software for the business and also host several clients using Cloud9. It addresses the client's need for an easy solution to manage the books and records and it allows us to assist the client with various issues. It creates a solution that allows us to provide additional services, such as payroll, bill pay or complete back office functions. Having complete access to the client's books and records facilitates the tax preparation and tax planning processes.
Read Tony May's full review
BYRON RAMBO | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are a public accounting firm and QB's online or desktop is used by almost all of our clients plus we use it internally. It is a very easy to use product but some of the features could be better located for ease of use, such as the functions hidden in the "+" sign at the top. The accountant's version to access client data remotely is difficult to use in some ways and a bit burdensome for me. Internally we use the online version and have no issues, in fact, we are at this time looking to integrate it with or MS Dynamics CRM program rather than have to drop $15,000 just to install MS GP (Great Plains for those of us who remember it).

Overall, QB's has improved a lot over the years, and I do really like the reports. I do need to see if I can prepare reports that compare year-to-year and month-to-month, but that's my own issue of taking the time to work on it.

I do recommend it to clients for its ease of use (if only they would actually use it!...the quest of accountants everywhere!).

Read BYRON RAMBO's full review
Nick Mousa, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use QuickBooks as our primary tool for accounting in our CPA Firm.
Read Nick Mousa, CPA's full review

Pay calculation (43)
Benefit plan administration (20)
10.0
Direct deposit files (34)
Salary revision and increment management (27)
9.9
Reimbursement management (26)
API for custom integration (15)
1.7
Plug-ins (20)
1.7
Single sign-on capability (40)
6.0
Role-based user permissions (39)
Dashboards (44)
Cash management (51)
Bank reconciliation (54)
Expense management (51)
Time tracking (27)
Fixed asset management (36)
Multi-currency support (18)
Multi-division support (32)
Regulations compliance (17)
Electronic tax filing (26)
Self-service portal (16)
Global Financial Support (3)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (4)
1.5
Intercompany Accounting (7)
Localizations (1)
Journals and Reconciliations (11)
Enterprise Accounting (4)
10.0
Configurable Accounting (6)
Centralized Rules Framework (3)
9.9
Manufacturing module (16)
Pricing (29)
6.3
Order entry (30)
Credit card processing (26)
Cost of goods sold (32)
Order Orchestration (2)
End-to-end order visibility (3)
6.0
Order exception Resolution (1)

What is QuickBooks Desktop Premier?

Quickbooks Desktop Premier is the on-premise version of Quickbooks designed for various industries. It features core accounting capabilities, including general ledger, double-bookkeeping, and reporting. It also includes invoice status tracking, contractor management, and time and inventory tracking. Premier in particular is designed to enable industry-specific tasks for general contractors and organizations in manufacturing and wholesale, nonprofits, service, and retail sectors, as well as servicing general business needs.

QuickBooks Desktop Premier Video

QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier Plus

QuickBooks Desktop Premier Integrations

QuickBooks Desktop Premier Competitors

Priority AccountEdge, MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)

QuickBooks Desktop Premier Technical Details