QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

We use QuickBooks to track our sales. It is our everyday and digital document place for the entire company. We use it to pay bills, commissions, track banking etc. It helps keep track of our everyday operations and sales.
  • Accounting
  • Sales tracking
  • Bill payments and tracking
  • Document trail for purchases
  • Inventory tracking
  • Tracking jobs per customer without creating additional tabs
  • Search options for ship to or memos
  • Having a space for notes to add on invoices
Overall, if used properly and info is entered properly, QuickBooks is a great tool for any business. We benefit very well of tracking our sales with QuickBooks. It eliminates the hassle of manually writing invoices and other items. It is also a great accounting tools for financial statements. There are several options and ways to track the sales made and to get reports for sales people.
Support is usually fast in response. If ever we run into an issue, we don't typically wait long times to be helped. Their support is a great aide in our everyday operations and helps in our fast paced industry. The support area is best when you call rather than try to go online.
Within my own company we use it to generate invoices (in conjunction with our industry-specific CRM), receive payments, log payments and expenses into different accounts, and generate reports necessary for our accountant, and different financial requirements. We also periodically generate statements for clients. Using a third-party plug-in from our credit card processor, we accept credit cards and can receive payments directly into QuickBooks Desktop Pro. We also use it to download and import bank statements into various account ledgers There are probably other things too, but those are the basics.
  • Generating templates, and formatting forms that need to be sent out
  • Reports
  • Imports and exports to/from various formats
  • SUPPORT
  • Pricing
  • Speed
  • The developer has gotten too greedy and forces upgrades on users when everyone knows they're not necessary, except as an income producer to the developer
I am only going to recommend it because it is currently ubiquitous, and most accountants prefer it at the moment. I do not stand by the company, and will not use the product any longer than I have to. [I believe] the support is lousy, the product is overpriced, but it does the basics of what we need. I'm very happy for all those outside Intuit who make their living supporting QuickBooks Desktop Pro; third-party support is desperately needed. They also doubled their prices for software upgrades this year, and require those who don't pay double what the last upgrade cost, to subscribe every year for $200. If one does not subscribe beyond the first year, one will not be able to use the software beyond the first year. They are moving to a rental model even for those who refuse to use the LOUSY QuickBooks online. They were good company once. Now they just turn out bloatware that everyone uses, so the rest of us have to. I look forward to the day that an honest, better-priced competitor wipes the floor with Intuit.
They are awful. Intuit doesn't spend real money on support. They appear to have typically said, first-level script readers who are sending messages to the senior people for anything even a little bit difficult. Many of them don't speak particularly good English. Considering that they recently doubled (or, if you are paying annually, tripled) their pricing, and touted as one of the benefits that it includes [..] support, it's a real ripoff. However, we have to use the product because it is ubiquitous. I look forward to the day a competitor comes up with something good enough, which has excellent support, that matches all the features QuickBooks Desktop Pro currently has [...] or at least gives us a way to have all the functionality we currently have without excessive sacrifice [...] so that we can switch. I was very satisfied with QuickBooks for many years. This latest [rise] in price, and their sheer gall at touting the benefit of the 100 to 200% increase as being [the] inclusion of support, is what turned me so far against them.
Matt Wipf | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBooks Desktop Pro to manage our financial side of [the] business. We pay bills, employees, and manage our inventory as well. It is easy to make quick reports to see where we are at with projections and make projections where we have been [...] in the past. We run all of our product[s] coming in the door and out through QuickBooks Desktop Pro. It gives us a birds-eye view of our financial situation.
  • It is easy to manage and adjust inventory on hand.
  • It is easy to make reports and customize them to your needs.
  • We also use it to pay our employees directly.
  • It is easy to make year-to-year comparisons to see where we can make improvements and the current financial situation.
  • It would be nice if I could delete items from inventory that I no longer use instead of making them inactive. Stuff that is no longer manufactured as an example.
I can't complain too much about it, but it is very easy to learn to use. You can keep easily keep track of inventory and [manage] it. It is very easy to make reports and customize them to your needs. Making assemblies is very easy too. You can keep the price updated automatically as long as you keep the part price adjusted.
I don't have a single [complaint] from the people we have been working with. They are always there [to] help and provide great support to get through the problem and fix what needs to be fixed. Sometimes it might take a bit to get what you need, but there is a quick turnaround to get the situation resolved.
We use QuickBooks Desktop Pro as our main bookkeeping software for our small cash-based business. We do not create and send many invoices out of QuickBooks Desktop Pro as we have automated that through another program, but QuickBooks Desktop Pro is our main financial record for all transactions.
  • Bookkeeping
  • Accrual and Cash Based accounting modes
  • Integration with other softwares
  • With cloud-based software on the rise, QB Desktop Pro has become "clunky"
  • Some screens are slow to load (Customer Edit for example)
  • Small bugs in opening multiple company files
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is well suited for small businesses, especially if they are a cash-based business. We love being able to flip from cash-based to accrual-based view when we need certain reporting metrics, and most of the new finance software is geared towards accrual-based businesses (for obvious reasons). Unfortunately, as companies grow they inevitably outgrow QuickBooks and need to move onto a larger cloud-based software for accounting needs which is a major downside. It can be a bit slow [on] some screens just due to the nature of it being [...] physical software, but it is great for companies doing [simply] to mid-level complexity accounting and bookkeeping.
We have only reached out a few times but they did their best to help us. It was a banking issue so QB really could only do so much, but they weren't able to identify what went wrong. ['The] good news is that we very rarely have problems in QB that require us to reach out to support.
tony Lamm | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dearborn YMCA uses QuickBooks Desktop Pro for [its] accounting purposes. It is used to process deposits, payroll, and run financial reports. The majority of the work is completed by few users and the reporting function is easy enough that department managers can run reports on demand. The users are secure with strong passwords.
  • QuickBooks Desktop Pro is very good at providing an audit copy while allowing continued use[.]
  • Quickbooks Desktop Pro has very good customer service if there is ever an issue.
  • Quickbooks Desktop Pro is very easy to learn and is easy to support.
  • QuickBooks Desktop Pro has been around for a few years and after an update[,] they force you to look at the changes/updates before you can use [them] after updating.
  • QuickBooks Desktop Pro does not have 2FA.
  • QuickBooks Desktop Pro should offer a way to store backups to a personal cloud without having to map a local network drive.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is very well suited to small and [medium-sized] businesses. These include many non-profits as well as for-profit companies. Most large companies may find that QuickBooks Desktop Pro does not have drill-down type interfaces for reporting that may hinder the reporting necessary for larger organizations.
Quick Books Desktop Pro has [...] great support if you have internet. They have chat as well as phone assistance. They have user groups and they also will point to local support professionals when necessary although we have never had to do this. The support staff is friendly and helpful.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is our main accounting interface. All fiscal reports, payroll, taxes[,] and donations are run through this software. Between the Treasurer, Secretary[, and] myself[, ...] utilize it to ensure we are all on the same page financially for our NPO. DonorPerfect feeds data into QuickBooks Desktop Pro and makes [double-entry] a thing of the past.
  • Financial Reporting
  • Asset Tracking
  • Payroll Management
  • Ease of Use
  • Needs some basic accounting knowledge
  • Can be intimidating
QuickBooks Desktop Pro works for just about any business imaginable. Currently using it in [an] NPO scenario but was using this in a previous job as well and the software just gets better. Accuracy is key and you want to ensure your users have the training and knowledge to keep it up to date.
The support team is not always easy to use or able to understand the problems. There are some difficulties understanding [...] the issues the purchaser has and the solutions are sometimes hard to implement. A lot can be avoided if the users have adequate training and security is set up correctly at implementation.
I am the only user of QuickBooks Desktop Pro in our organization. It is used to pay invoices for three separate entities within our organization. I had not used QuickBooks Desktop Pro prior to working at my current place of employment. However, QuickBooks Desktop Pro was pretty easy to learn. It makes paying invoices so simple!
  • Extremely user friendly.
  • Very easy to track invoices.
  • Top notch reports.
  • Honestly, I can't think of anything.
  • N/A
  • N/A
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is a very good software for business management. I had never used the software prior to working at my current place of employment. It took me just a couple of months to become comfortable with the software. The reports are awesome. Printing checks for invoices are so easy. Licensing is purchased every three years and pricing is very reasonable. I would recommend QuickBooks Desktop Pro to anyone with a small to medium-sized business.
As yet, I have been lucky enough to not have to contact QuickBooks support. Our accountant and his IT staff are certified with Intuit to provide support for QBs. However, I hear the support for QBs is very good. Of note, I went to school with Brad Smith, who was the CEO of Intuit until a couple years ago when he retired. Thought that was an interesting fact :-)
June 03, 2021

We love QuickBooks!

Randi Mortensen | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBooks for all of our accounting functions, accounts payable and receivables, as well as payroll.
  • Easy to Use
  • Help available via web or QB's help center
  • Accurate reporting
  • Tax's seem to always be correct
  • Job Costing
  • Unbilled / Billed Hours
  • Creating Reports
QuickBooks is very user friendly, and easy to train people on. There is a lot of information on the web if you need something you cant find an answer to.
The help button is at the top of the banner, it's easy to reach someone by phone or internet chat for support.
May 26, 2021

Quickbooks Pro

Alexandria Alvarez Gerbasi | TrustRadius Reviewer
QuickBooks Pro is being used for our entire organization's accounting. It is being used by the finance & administrative departments to generate the accounting for the company. The software generates P&Ls, balance sheets, costs per project, AP, AR, AR aging, AP aging, etc. The software is the foundation for all our financial and accounting information.
  • QuickBooks generates a P&L easily. This can be done in many different ways; company -wide, per client, etc.
  • QuickBooks generates a Balance Sheet easily.
  • QuickBooks also tracks AR and AP very well.
  • QuickBooks has room to improve on their cashflow report. We do not use the report in QuickBooks.
  • QuickBooks has room to improve the credit card entries. In order to match the entries to the credit card statement, you have to go in to manually input the entries and vendors. For example, if I pay ATT one month and the vendor charges my credit card as "ATT Houston," and the next month, they charge under "ATT Sugar Land," I would have to either manually attached both of these entries to ATT the vendor, or set up 2 new vendors as "ATT Houston" and "ATT Sugar Land."
  • QuickBooks has room to improve the way it integrates with other accounting systems. For example, if a subsidiary does not have QuickBooks Pro, you have to create a separate excel model to run a consolidation model.

QuickBooks Pro is well suited for setting up a new accounting system, maintaining accounting records, generating P&Ls, balance sheets, trial balances, etc. many important and crucial accounting documents. The system does a great job of creating an audit trail and housing all the details of a company's accounting system.

Miriam Lasar, MBA, CAE | TrustRadius Reviewer
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is being used by a nonprofit 501c6 as well as a PAC. It is sufficient for an organization that does not have many entities and less than $10 MM in my opinion. It has some limited reporting functions and to use it best, we use a third party software that easily imports/exports Excel data to/from QuickBooks. It is affordable, but customer service is abysmal. For the small business that does not want to spend a lot of money on accounting software, this is probably your best bet, as you can find answers in many online QB forums, but if you are anything complicated, I would look elsewhere.
  • Affordable.
  • Canned reporting for financial statements.
  • Multi user access.
  • Inter-entity reporting/transactions is a pain.
  • Bad customer service.
  • Not in the cloud.
It really depends on the size and complexity of the organization in question. A budget conscious small business would probably be just fine with using QuickBooks Desktop Pro; however, a bigger place that has multiple entities and wants real time customer service is probably going to be happier using something more robust and something in the cloud.
I think their customer support is horrible. It takes forever to reach someone and by the time you do, you realize you could have solved it yourself with a Google query and a helpful QuickBooks user forum. We never had helpful customer service experiences with them. Many times we had to get an outside IT person to assist instead.
Amy Love | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBooks Desktop Pro for Human Resources, Payroll, Inventory, Billing, Accounting, Collections, Taxes oh so much. It is being used company-wide amongst the entire organization. All personnel in all departments are trained in quick books. It covers all issues from employees to customers to collections to contacts. It is an amazing tool for any business big or small.
  • Accounting made [it] easy you enter in amounts due-amounts paid then done.
  • Collection letters [are] so easy. Made my life so much better.
  • My AR team rocks with QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
  • Oh goodness[,] I am sure there is something but seriously no complaints here - 8 years and nothing to complain about yet.
I have never worked for a really large company. So I can not speak for how it would maintain a large volume of employees and/or customer base. I would imagine it would fair well just a larger volume is all. It is just so user-friendly and the support staff is so readily available to [assist] with any issues big or small. We maintain equipment and QuickBooks Desktop Pro can handle our inventory it does not have the ability [...] to use our GPS to track our equipment or to "shut it down" one day though...
I have never had an issue reach or having my questions regardless of time-resolved quickly.
Randi Yeaman | TrustRadius Reviewer
The full organization uses QuickBooks Desktop Pro. We use QuickBooks Desktop Pro to cut [Purchase Orders]/Checks/Invoices. Everything we order we must run through QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
  • Associates [can easliy] correct Customer/Supplier
  • Cuts Checks
  • Creates [Puchase Orders]
  • Invoicing
  • Single Mode vs. Group
  • Quickly & easily tag stuff for associated records
  • Re-runs payroll if needed when an issue arises (we had no taxes taken out 1 time)
Cutting POs/Invoices/Checks for organizations or people already associated [with] the file.

When cutting POs, check[s,] or invoices [is an] one-time-only circumstance.
[I have] never used [support] for anything.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is used by three employees - the bookkeeper, the controller, and the CEO, to do all the accounting at the company. It handles payroll, accounts payable including half a dozen employee credit cards, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cost accounting for our DoD and NIH contracts (which need to be DCAA [compliant]).
  • Easy to use and learn
  • Flexible
  • Efficient
  • Cost accounting is somewhat cumbersome
  • Integration with 3rd party payroll could be more efficient
  • This is the desktop version, and our version does not handle touch screens or two-fingered touchpad very well
Job cost [accounting] feels like an add-on. It works once you have it set up, but it makes it is easy for staff to make mistakes. It handles accounts well, but assigning expenses to projects and departments is [cumbersome]. Integration with [third-party] payroll is similar. Breaking down payroll to department and job is complex and easy to mess up.
No phone or email [support]. Company help pages are not the greatest. But there is extensive online user-community support which makes up for the company's lack of effort.
It is used as the main accounting software for a few legacy entities at a larger holding [company]. The larger holding [company] uses Intacct for the new entities.
  • It holds a lot of data
  • It has support by phone
  • The interface is slow and cumbersome
  • The customer service is not very helpful
  • The reporting function is not customizable enough
  • It has the feel of the 1990s
The only use case I can see for QuickBooks Desktop Pro is if you have other ledgers in the system and you want to be consistent. For every other case, there are several ERP or financial software packages that are designed better, can be customized, and are cheaper[.]
There was a long wait on the phone. After waiting for that time, I was transferred to a different person, who also made me wait and did not resolve [my] problem. That problem still has not been resolved.
May 02, 2021

Piece of Mind

The product is currently being used by our accounting department. It handles our billing, invoices, payroll and tracks our financial data. We have more than a few people using it and it does a great job providing everything we need easy to use. It is a great tool for every company.
  • Robust
  • Accounts Payable
  • Accounts Receivable
  • Payroll
  • Expensive Management
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is very robust and easy to use. It provides many [functionalities] a click of a button away. Our accounting department enjoys working with it as it makes their job easier mostly because all the info is stored in one place. No need to go to multiple software programs. The program would not be suitable for someone who is on a budget as it is a bit expensive.
We have not used the QuickBooks Desktop Pro support much because the program is easy to use and navigate. However, we did use it for the initial install and we found that the support staff was carrying, helpful and tentative to our needs. It was a breeze contacting them and they provided us with excellent customer support. Highly [recommended].
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is the main accounting software used for the business. This software is not used by any other department, the functionality is not very helpful otherwise. One issue is the need for the software to be run on [a] PC. In the past, we needed to log into a remote desktop from a MAC to process and enter information which was bothersome due to the frequency of the need to login in.
  • Easy to use and set up
  • Great for small businesses with [noncomplex] accounting
  • Need to log into a remote desktop
  • [The] system can be slow with large uploads
Depends on the type of business. I would highly recommend this software for a small business. However, I would not recommend this for mid-size and up.
Improve and create more integrations to the software to streamline all the manual tasks.
Quickbooks Desktop Pro is used by our organization in conjunction with the online version. We invoice, run our GL and P&L reports from it. Currently it's not synced to our PM software for billable hours, but that's coming soon. It is a relatively easy way to track our general expenses, issue invoices and get our reporting in a nutshell.
  • Intuitive and easy to use
  • reporting is robust
  • online version has made it even easier to invoice and manage AR
  • Still need someone with business /CPA acumen to set up properly or the functions /features don't match what your company does
  • not the easiest to integrate with enough third party solutions (but getting better with their APIs)
  • still don't fully trust Intuit after they - many years ago - intrusively intercepted completed invoices we mailed and turned them into client "accounts" for the clients to login and pay without our knowledge let alone our permission.
  • Doesn't scan receipts etc. easily in the app
For SMBEs i'ts a pretty good choice to keep your accounting current and reliable. The stability of the product and the company are solid. It has decent (and improving) integrations with other softwares. They seem to be pushing for more saas subscriptions so they (seem to ) have deprecated the priority of support without payment, which is annoying. Their FAQs and help have gotten better and are now (mostly) current. If you try to set it up yourself, double check with your CPA (who knows QB) that it's done correctly, else you can have items that don't make sense for your business, which then becomes a problem that you have to clean up later or pay someone else to clean up.
Sometimes they're very helpful, and other times they've been lacking. Sometimes we feel as a medium sized business that they prioritize big businesses more, but small and medium businesses made them who they are. Their online help has gotten much better - often it was outdated and sometimes wrong. Our overall experience with their support has been such a mixed bag over the years we have to rate them in the middle as it's not consistent.
Within the nonprofit organization I currently manage, it is used systemwide. I've also used it with a real estate and land development company where there were multiple LLCs under the umbrella. QuickBooks Desktop Pro was the software of choice.

For the nonprofit sector, it provides an affordable way to handle grant management and various projects. For the real estate company, it could be so granular to track from land acquisition to end-customer sales.
  • Managing complex project accounting
  • Grant accounting and reporting
  • Payroll--especially with multi-project accounting
  • The limited number of simultaneous users--licenses can be cost prohibitive
  • Was too firewalled, requiring a VPN to use (may have been our IT)
  • Cost. Cost. Cost.
  • While they say nonprofit, it isn't really well designed (just branded) for nonprofits
QuickBooks Desktop Pro client is incredible for running multiple cost centers, companies, or projects. It can be as complex as your accounting needs to be. Where I saw its massive goodness was while auditing a development firm that builds apartments, homes, and commercial buildings. The company was able to track from land acquisition to end-buyer (individuals as well as corporate) with all the complex costs, fees, and reporting needed for construction and sales. It is a beast for this kind of use.
Not the quickest responses; online help was often cut-and-paste scripts that took forever to work though to get to a human. I recommend paying for support.
We use QuickBooks Desktop Pro to manage our financial records including accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, and financial reports.
  • QuickBooks Desktop Pro is user-friendly. It is easy to reverse the journey entry and fix the errors.
  • Accountants can fix errors without letting the manager review and approve. It will be better to have a function that the accountants have some restrictions for internal control purposes.
The program runs WAY TOO SLOW! Every click takes too long to connect with the server.
QuickBooks Desktop Pros is very easy to learn and easy to support. It is easy to make reports and customize them to your needs.
The accounting department uses it, it is very easier to manage bills and payments, and run reports.
  • Bill payments
  • Run reports
  • Easy to navigate
  • Built in payment approval feature would be great
It is great for small retail [businesses], as it has an inventory management system built-in, and you can find all payments and revenues.
I didn't contact the support team while I used QuickBooks Desktop Pro.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is used for basic accounting of my small business and [analytical] reports.
  • Easy to update and understand.
  • Makes tax reports, other government report[s], insurance submissions[,] and compliance accurate and mostly automatic.
  • Can download bank transactions with some automatic accounting info.
  • [Sometimes] automatic rules miss posts and hard to determine why.
  • When typing [an] account it will after a while start to default to the first account starting with that letter.
  • Help can be improved often can't find answers to problems or questions.
Good for day to day accounting...adding special processing to standard reports isn't clear if it is even possible eg profit margin, payroll as % of sales.
Only used them once when TD changed it bank feed system...it took several phone calls and many hours to fix what was a known problem.
December 04, 2020

Quickbooks Pro <3

NAKIA EPLEY | TrustRadius Reviewer
I always recommend and instruct my bookkeeping clients to start with Quickbooks Desktop Pro. This program does EVERYTHING. They can take credit card payments, with very competitive fee rates. It does payroll for any amount of employees. It simplifies the sales tax collection process, it records inventory, vendors, customers, etc. This is a VERY user-friendly program as well and makes it very easy to get the user involved in their books.
  • Customer & Vendor Files/Records
  • Payroll & Taxes
  • Some are scared by the price tag
For all the small companies I have taken over books for, they all gravitate, and like the QB integration, I bring to them. We love that it keeps EVERYTHING all in one spot. They can scan or snap a pic of receipts and maintain a digital copy in their software, taking out all the paper clutter, which I am finding is becoming an increasing concern for people as they never know when the "appropriate" time is to throw these things away.
January 23, 2020

Quickbooks at a glance

Ryan Husbands, MBA, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have encountered QuickBooks in a variety of settings as, in my experience, it is a major product offering in the accounting industry. At Kakkar specifically, where I've had the opportunity to use it the most in my professional career, we would specifically use QuickBooks for a number of our clients where this specific software suite combined the best functionality with ease of use.
  • QuickBooks Desktop Pro interfaces with other software very well, especially Microsoft products.
  • It's relatively easy to learn and use, I've never encountered any bugs with it.
  • Quickbooks does have a "small business" connotation. I'm not a programmer, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a large scale accounting solution.
  • I've seen slicker user interfaces with other software, but to be honest that's not really a major factor when considering accounting software in my opinion.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is ideal for small business owners who want the option of controlling their management costs by maintaining accounting in-house with limited staff/budget. It is easy to purchase, install and use...especially for those who are not necessarily accountants by trade. I would say that above all, its simplicity is its best asset. It can perform the majority of accounting functions quickly and easily, and it counts many users...which is always an advantage in my opinion.
As a disadvantage, I would say that it does have a limit in terms of size of organization for which it be of optimal use. Its low price would be attractive to anyone when factoring accounting software costs, but the fact is that I have seen other software suites that are much more robust, and subsequently more viable for larger enterprises with more complex accounting needs....for example, multiple users, international accounting needs, etc...
David Friedman | TrustRadius Reviewer
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is the primary bookkeeping program used by our company. We use it for budgeting, tracking all revenue, and managing payables and receivables. It is being used by myself and the CEO, and our independent accountants. Being able to share QB across our network makes collaboration easy, and allows for seamless communication about our finances.
  • Bill pay: easily input vendors and their bills, and then pay them whenever you are ready.
  • Tax prep: send 1099s to all independent contractors above the threshold with just a few clicks.
  • Budgeting: set up your budgets, and then track your actual revenue/expenses against the budget to see how your organization is performing.
  • Reporting: MANY different reports available to satisfy investors and accountants. Very customizable.
  • Updates: sometimes QuickBooks will inform me of an update for an earlier version than I'm running.
  • Duplicating bills: When I duplicate an existing bill, my preset term (ex 60 days) doesn't seem to copy over. I have to manually reset it.
  • Bring back QuickBooks bill pay! It was so nice to not have to print/sign/mail paper checks.
I love QuickBooks. I can't speak for organizations of other sizes, but for small-medium sized companies like us, it's the perfect bookkeeping solution. It has all the features we need, and several we're not even using (payroll, job profitability, inventory tracking, etc.) that make it the all-in-one suite that any company can use.
January 28, 2020

Off the Grid

JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used QuickBooks Desktop Pro for all of the accounting work for my company. Actually, we used Desktop Pro for multiple companies. QuickBooks' software is designed to help you be able to have clean records of your accounting transactions and be able to generate reports from that information. It is very easy to set up and learn how to use the basic features. QuickBooks offers a ton of training videos to learn about all of the features so you can maximize your value from QuickBooks.
  • Keep your financial data all in one place.
  • Ability to generate all kinds of reports like P&Ls, Balance Sheets, and custom reports.
  • Bank Feed option struggles to always work with your linked bank account.
  • Data is not automatically backed up so you have the risk of losing your data.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is a great tool to use if you only have one user and you have limited internet access. I use to love using QuickBooks Desktop Pro, but found that QuickBooks Online is far better because your data is always backed up and you can access on any computer as long as you have internet.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro is great because you only have to pay a one-time fixed fee instead of having to pay for a monthly fee. The downside of this is that your software can quickly get outdated and you will have to pay for new software every few years. I recommend using QuickBooks Online because the software is always getting improvements and they are included in the reasonable monthly fee.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Scorecard Summary

Payroll Management (5)
Pay calculation (60)
Benefit plan administration (34)
Direct deposit files (52)
Salary revision and increment management (48)
Reimbursement management (49)
Customization (2)
API for custom integration (31)
Plug-ins (36)
Security (2)
Single sign-on capability (75)
Role-based user permissions (88)
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards (93)
Standard reports (107)
Custom reports (105)
General Ledger and Configurable Accounting (21)
Accounts payable (107)
Accounts receivable (108)
Cash management (96)
Bank reconciliation (108)
Expense management (99)
Time tracking (46)
Fixed asset management (63)
Multi-currency support (27)
6.3
Multi-division support (52)
Regulations compliance (40)
Electronic tax filing (50)
Self-service portal (38)
6.2
Global Financial Support (16)
5.6
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (37)
Intercompany Accounting (38)
Localizations (18)
Journals and Reconciliations (65)
Enterprise Accounting (33)
Configurable Accounting (40)
Centralized Rules Framework (25)
Standardized Processes (48)
Manufacturing module (16)
Order Management (7)
Pricing (49)
Order entry (48)
Credit card processing (48)
Cost of goods sold (58)
Order Orchestration (18)
End-to-end order visibility (22)
Order exception Resolution (15)
6.2

What is QuickBooks Desktop Pro?

Quickbooks Desktop Pro is accounting software from Intuit, Inc. It allows a user to create invoices and track sales, enter and pay bills from vendors, and download bank and credit card transactions directly into QuickBooks. It contains analytic features, and its reports can be exported into Excel. Its home page conveys an overview of business activity at a glance, providing insight into business processes. Quickbooks Desktop Pro for Windows Desktop can be obtained presently for a one-time purchase fee of $230, while Quickbooks Desktop Pro Plus is available for $200 annually as a cloud-based service with the support, data backup, and free updating typical of cloud-based services.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Integrations