QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

David Friedman | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2020

An excellent accounting program, does everything I need, and more!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

QuickBooks Desktop Pro is the primary bookkeeping program used by our company. We use it for budgeting, tracking all revenue, and managing payables and receivables. It is being used by myself and the CEO, and our independent accountants. Being able to share QB across our network makes collaboration easy, and allows for seamless communication about our finances.
Read David Friedman's full review
March 03, 2020

Accounting software that is a good value for the money.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Quickbooks is used by the Accounting Department and myself only. Mainly used for tracking purchases, register balances, payroll, taxes, and vendor/customer history. We do not use the invoice feature due to the limited abilities offered by the program. We have a 3 user license so 3 out of the 4 people who regularly use it can be logged in at the same time.
Ryan Husbands, MBA, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 22, 2020

Quickbooks at a glance

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have encountered QuickBooks in a variety of settings as, in my experience, it is a major product offering in the accounting industry. At Kakkar specifically, where I've had the opportunity to use it the most in my professional career, we would specifically use QuickBooks for a number of our clients where this specific software suite combined the best functionality with ease of use.
Read Ryan Husbands, MBA, CPA's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Off the Grid

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We used QuickBooks Desktop Pro for all of the accounting work for my company. Actually, we used Desktop Pro for multiple companies. QuickBooks' software is designed to help you be able to have clean records of your accounting transactions and be able to generate reports from that information. It is very easy to set up and learn how to use the basic features. QuickBooks offers a ton of training videos to learn about all of the features so you can maximize your value from QuickBooks.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Gary Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 20, 2020

You can't beat QuickBooks for stable, easy and powerful accounting software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use QBDP to manage all the accounting for my business. From processing payroll, to generating invoices, to tracking expenses, QBDP is the foundation of the financial management of my entire business. On the expense side, I track checking and savings accounts, Venmo and PayPal accounts, and numerous credit cards. The credit card data can be automatically imported into QuickBooks, and I suppose the banking could too - but Wells Fargo wants to charge me for that, so that's not happening.

I can process credit cards through QBDP as well as generate a Pay Online link on an invoice to accept both credit card and ACH payments on the web. When I'm running payroll, which happens now and then, QuickBooks is all I need to generate checks and do the necessary government payments.
Read Gary Gray's full review
Adam Montgomery | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 20, 2020

Really Great Product to Handle All of your Bookkeeping Needs

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are a small to medium sized business that uses QuickBooks Desktop Pro for all of our accounting and bookkeeping needs. Our finance department is the main user of the program, but everyone in the management team accesses it for reports and tracking of financial metrics. The program has helped us keep our books and financial records in order.
Read Adam Montgomery's full review
NAKIA EPLEY | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 18, 2020

Quickbooks Pro <3

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I always recommend and instruct my bookkeeping clients to start with Quickbooks Desktop Pro. This program does EVERYTHING. They can take credit card payments, with very competitive fee rates. It does payroll for any amount of employees. It simplifies the sales tax collection process, it records inventory, vendors, customers, etc. This is a VERY user-friendly program as well and makes it very easy to get the user involved in their books.
Read NAKIA EPLEY's full review
Alexander Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

For those who don't trust the cloud

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

QuickBooks Desktop Pro was used in a proof-of-concept to demonstrate how the tool can be used in conjunction with RPA. The front-end was automated to a certain degree as identified by the Process Design Document. QuickBooks allows for fast and easy accounting solutions, primarily marketing to small- and medium-sized businesses. This provided an excellent use-case for RPA.
Read Alexander Cooper's full review
John La Belle | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

The go-to solution for all things accounting

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

QuickBooks is the software we've used to handle our business accounting ever since version 2.0 We use it for all of our company accounting needs; payables, receivables, bank account reconciliation, invoicing, statements, account aging, and file export for our accountant to file our corporate taxes.
Read John La Belle's full review
Leandro Utrera | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 04, 2019

Good tool, but be careful with your database backups

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

For our franchise company, we use QuickBooks Desktop Pro to control all the financial operations related to that entity and not only that but also to control Royalties and Market fees owned by our franchisees. All invoices to this specific company are processed using QB and it has been a very reliable tool to achieve the organization's objectives. We are audit every year by an external partner and this firm says that we are using the most of this tool with class assignment and automatic bank reconciliation.
Read Leandro Utrera's full review
Les Klassen Hamm | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 04, 2019

QuickBooks Pro - Good for the little guy

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use QuickBooks Pro in a sole proprietor business. Thus I do all the accounting/QuickBooks work as well as running the business. That means I use every relevant part of the program (I don't have other staff to hand the complicated parts to), and it also means that it needs to be usable by non-accountants. It needs to make sense to me so I can focus my energies on running my business, not spending all my time figuring out how to fix credit errors, for instance.
Read Les Klassen Hamm's full review
Gary Slebrch | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 10, 2020

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is being used for specific customers who can not afford enterprise accounting systems like SAP and CostPoint. It also is used for small to midsize companies with limited accounting skills.
Read Gary Slebrch's full review
Rene Sabillon | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great accounting software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We're using QuickBooks for our office accounting. All the finances are kept through QuickBooks desktop (purchases, invoices, etc). We also use QuickBooks Desktop to keep track of some of our product inventory.
Read Rene Sabillon's full review
David J. Reali, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 05, 2019

QuickBooks -- The must have for any small to medium sized business

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

QuickBooks Pro is being used for all business accounting for our business clients. We have over 100 business clients, and of these, less than 10% keep their own books on a regular basis. We provide client write-up and bookkeeping services for the remaining clients, and all of these are set up in QuickBooks Pro.
Read David J. Reali, CPA's full review
Amy Davis | TrustRadius Reviewer

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use QuickBooks Desktop Pro for Payroll, AP, AR and Tax purposes. It keeps great records and imports/exports nicely. As far as addressing business problems, I am not so sure what those would be. It is all I have ever used. I can't imagine any software being as user-friendly that covers so many business items.
Read Amy Davis's full review
December 04, 2019

QuickBooks Pro is a must-have!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use QB Pro on a daily basis. It's used by several departments, but I use it for all bill/account payment purposes. We are able to track all payments with the bank/QB connection. We create POs, bills, estimates and invoices, track payments. QB Pro helps us to stay organized, and I recommend it to all.
January 25, 2020

Quickbooks Pro: Still “pro” for a reason

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We’ve used QuickBooks Pro for client invoicing and tax preparation. On the client-side, we started using QuickBooks Desktop Pro before transitioning to their online site. However, the best thing about QuickBooks Desktop Pro was that it was easy to transfer our content to the online version. For tax prep, we have used QuickBooks Desktop Pro to manage our forms.
January 09, 2020

No Accounting Degree Required!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used this application in my role as a bookkeeper for a local chapter of the ASPCA. These organizations have employees and pay taxes and need to keep good records. I'm not an accountant and had little such experience when I started. But, it worked very well for us.
January 02, 2020

Easy to maneuver and effective!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It is used by the accounting department mostly, with the exception of the president & CEO and myself. It is used to create reports for revenue meetings, taxes, invoices, reimbursements, etc. It allows a clear and concise view of how each department is doing as well as easy access to view unpaid invoices.
December 04, 2019

Makes book work a breeze!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use QuickBooks software across the entire business. We use it for all of the record-keeping that we need in the office. Every piece of paperwork that comes into our business goes into QuickBooks, and it keeps everything at our fingertips to be easily accessed at any given moment.

Great for SMB

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use it for most major accounting functions. Another software is used to generate invoices, but we track payments for AR, and our AP all in QuickBooks. The number of programs it ties into is a definite bonus for us as we can also have it connect to our bank to accept ACH payments.
August 05, 2019

QuickBooks Desktop Pro makes accounting work quick

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use QuickBooks Desktop Pro for the accounts management of our entire organization. It helps us manage the bank accounts of multiple group homes that we operate, our day service, and our primary bank account. It helps us to keep an eye on our budget from a monthly and annual perspective.
September 27, 2019

Affordable accounting software for small and medium sized businesses

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

In our organization QuickBooks is used in Finance Department only, since it's an accounting software. It is the only accounting solution we need and it solves all the accounting tasks, including reporting.
Heath Achatz | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 25, 2019

Quickbooks Does What You Want So You Can See What You Want

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

QuickBooks is used to set up invoices for customers, send out bills, and to keep a record of monies collected with bank reconciliation. It is also used to keep a database on customers. Using QuickBooks has been helpful to see who pays fast and who doesn't pay; to see who is giving the most business and who is only a casual customer. It is great at keeping track of payment and nonpayment and customer frequency.
Read Heath Achatz's full review

Pay calculation (53)
Benefit plan administration (29)
Direct deposit files (44)
Salary revision and increment management (42)
Reimbursement management (42)
API for custom integration (27)
Plug-ins (32)
Single sign-on capability (68)
Role-based user permissions (76)
Dashboards (79)
Bank reconciliation (89)
9.2
Expense management (83)
Time tracking (39)
Fixed asset management (51)
Multi-currency support (23)
Multi-division support (43)
Regulations compliance (30)
Electronic tax filing (42)
Self-service portal (34)
Global Financial Support (13)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (25)
Intercompany Accounting (23)
Localizations (13)
Journals and Reconciliations (50)
Enterprise Accounting (24)
Configurable Accounting (30)
Centralized Rules Framework (19)
Standardized Processes (35)
Inventory tracking (45)
Automatic reordering (26)
Location management (22)
Manufacturing module (12)
Pricing (42)
Order entry (42)
Credit card processing (40)
Cost of goods sold (48)
Order Orchestration (13)
End-to-end order visibility (16)
Order exception Resolution (11)

About QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quickbooks Desktop Pro is accounting software from Intuit, Inc. It allows a user to create invoices and track sales, enter and pay bills from vendors, and download bank and credit card transactions directly into QuickBooks. It contains analytic features, and its reports can be exported into Excel. Its home page conveys an overview of business activity at a glance, providing insight into business processes. Quickbooks Desktop Pro for Windows Desktop can be obtained presently for a one-time purchase fee of $230, while Quickbooks Desktop Pro Plus is available for $200 annually as a cloud-based service with the support, data backup, and free updating typical of cloud-based services.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro Integrations