QuickBooks Online Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Joel McAfee | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I would say once I started using QuickBooks Online, I never looked back. I occasionally use other applications like Expensify for the tasks of reporting expenses as they are simpler and easier to share and create reports within teams, however I have no reservations about missing out on some better software as I'm totally satisfied.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
Samarah Sardoni | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Nexus' user experience is not difficult to learn, but it is not intuitive and does not have the breadth or depth that QuickBooks allows. It can be a useful secondary tool for the client-side to keep things organized, but when it comes to sending invoices it cannot compare with the organization and abilities of QuickBooks.
Read Samarah Sardoni's full review
Brian Welch | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I looked at sage accounting and decided a cloud based product was better suited for my business. I also found Quickbooks to be simpler to use, and given my lack of an accounting background, I decided that it was the way to go. Sage Accounting looks like a great product, but it's above my level of use.
Read Brian Welch's full review
Tammy Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have used FreshBooks (free version) and it is very basic and has had multiple issues with security. It is nowhere as robust as QBO. I have used other traditional accounting systems that are more extensive and costly and just do not fit the small business owners' business model or budget.
Read Tammy Roberts's full review
Christopher Cantrall | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

No competitor quick stacks up. FreshBooks has a speedy UI, but lacks features for a more complex small business. Xero has a UI that I personally don't like as much and it never felt quite right to me. Not as many accountants are familiar either. Zoho Books came the closest to grabbing our business, but we also didn't like the UI as much and had a little less faith in Zoho than Intuit.
Read Christopher Cantrall's full review
Susan Hammiche | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Wave Accounting is a great free accounting software that small businesses can use at no monthly cost but it has its limitations. Quickbooks Online has many features that are beneficial to businesses even though there is a monthly cost to it. With Quickbooks Online I'm able to do small inventory (FIFO), invoicing, payroll and more.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

After the first year of running my business and then having to do my self-assessment taxes, I quickly realized using Excel spreadsheets, in the long run, wasn't going to cut it. Quickbooks is like having your very own accountant that you'll have to check in on to make sure they are working efficiently.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review

• Xero,kashoo,wave
QuickBooks Online (QBO) is a decent product that has some limitations. On the surface the product pretty much does what it is suppose to, however there have been some occasions where clients stated banking information was not imported, or imported incorrectly, the software was operating at a slow pace, and the add-on integrations were a problem. Depending on your needs a look at one of the other cloud based accounting softwares may be warranted.

Alternatives Considered

QuickBooks Online meets all of our needs, and thus we have not needed to evaluate other products. QuickBooks Online is cost-effective and maintains up to date functionality. QuickBooks Online continues to be a leader in the accounting space that is supported and recommended by our outside accounting support team.

Alternatives Considered

We use Sage Intacct for all the other companies that we provide accounting and IT services for. It is fairly convenient because we can use a single log-on and book intercompany transactions. It has more functions and the layout is more sophisticated which in our case, is not fit for our needs. We just needed a simple and straightforward accounting program for this individual that doesn't have that many complicated transactions.

Alternatives Considered

The only other service I have used that was similar to QuickBooks was Gusto. My experience with it was pretty limited. We did not use it for very long. We tried it because it was made for small businesses and we are a smaller department. QuickBooks was more scalable and worked better for us.

Alternatives Considered

Quickbooks Online made more sense for our clients who had smaller businesses and required more hands-on accounting help. The ability to access this cloud-based accounting software from our office and respond to needs quickly was a huge benefit and advantage over Quickbooks Enterprise/Desktop versions.

Alternatives Considered

Most of the systems I have used are larger accounting applications that are not as comparable to Quickbooks. As I have demoed another competitor, I keep coming back around to using Quickbooks Online because it is usually the cheapest option with the most useful information published for using the system.
Jennifer Walschap | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Quickbooks Online has more features than PayPal that I need for my business. I decided to stick with the online subscription service for now so that I receive support and updates regularly, and also because I don't want to drop a chunk of money to purchase the software version. I may switch to the desktop software version in the future to ultimately save on costs, but for now, I am happy.
Read Jennifer Walschap's full review
Dylan DeClerck | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

QuickBooks Online was much easier to use across a non-profit where we needed people in multiple locations working on different servers to access the financial data at once, it also allowed us to connect our bank accounts to the software which was a huge benefit of the program, these were main differentiators between the online product and the desktop version that we trialed. We have also used Wave in the past for accounting and still use it for it's invoicing features because of the nice invoices it creates for our organization at no cost. Microsoft Excel is what we used before Online version so QuickBooks is much more advanced than that.
Read Dylan DeClerck's full review
Gayle Potter, IOM | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

It is very easy and straightforward to use. The ability to use it from anywhere is what sold us. The online version is definitely more limited than the desktop version, but with all of the third-party apps available, we are able to make it work for us.
Read Gayle Potter, IOM's full review
Jeremy Kiner | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2018

QBO is #1... for now.

Alternatives Considered

QuickBooks Online is feature rich and easy to use. Overall, I think it’s better than any other alternative right now. Once the competition can match the features of QBO, and provide it at a lower price, I would definitely consider looking at the alternative. For now, though, it’s QBO.
Read Jeremy Kiner's full review

Pay calculation (42)
Benefit plan administration (19)
Direct deposit files (37)
Salary revision and increment management (27)
Reimbursement management (27)
API for custom integration (28)
Plug-ins (30)
Single sign-on capability (41)
Role-based user permissions (50)
Dashboards (65)
Bank reconciliation (70)
Expense management (61)
Time tracking (30)
5.6
Fixed asset management (29)
6.5
Multi-currency support (10)
4.2
Multi-division support (25)
Regulations compliance (19)
6.6
Electronic tax filing (28)
Self-service portal (28)
Global Financial Support (4)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (9)
Intercompany Accounting (12)
Localizations (7)
Journals and Reconciliations (28)
Enterprise Accounting (9)
Configurable Accounting (13)
Centralized Rules Framework (7)
Standardized Processes (16)
Manufacturing module (8)
3.2
Pricing (27)
Order entry (26)
Credit card processing (31)
Cost of goods sold (33)
Order Orchestration (5)
End-to-end order visibility (6)
Order exception Resolution (5)

About QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations