QuickBooks Online Reviews

Chloe Tollefson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

QuickBooks Online - Easy to use, even for a non-accountant!

Alternatives Considered

I have not used any other products similar to QuickBooks Online. I have used it ever since we started our business. I tried the desktop app at one point, however, it constantly would shut down, so I think online is more reliable because you can log in anywhere.
Read Chloe Tollefson's full review
Samarah Sardoni | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2019

QuickBooks Online Makes Invoicing So Easy!

Alternatives Considered

Nexus' user experience is not difficult to learn, but it is not intuitive and does not have the breadth or depth that QuickBooks allows. It can be a useful secondary tool for the client-side to keep things organized, but when it comes to sending invoices it cannot compare with the organization and abilities of QuickBooks.
Read Samarah Sardoni's full review
Brian Welch | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 21, 2019

Quickbooks Online - Simple Start is simple to use

Alternatives Considered

I looked at sage accounting and decided a cloud based product was better suited for my business. I also found Quickbooks to be simpler to use, and given my lack of an accounting background, I decided that it was the way to go. Sage Accounting looks like a great product, but it's above my level of use.
Read Brian Welch's full review
December 24, 2019

Slowing Down with QuickBooks Online

• Xero,kashoo,wave
QuickBooks Online (QBO) is a decent product that has some limitations. On the surface the product pretty much does what it is suppose to, however there have been some occasions where clients stated banking information was not imported, or imported incorrectly, the software was operating at a slow pace, and the add-on integrations were a problem. Depending on your needs a look at one of the other cloud based accounting softwares may be warranted.
March 23, 2020

QuickBooks Online is, by far, the best accounting solution available.

Alternatives Considered

QuickBooks Online is far superior to other cloud-based accounting solutions. We've used other accounting software that is buggy, more complicated to use, doesn't have as many features, and takes 3-5x the amount of time to handle tasks that QuickBooks makes easy. Additionally, the pricing is affordable and you can access your bookkeeping from anywhere at anytime where others can only be accessed locally.
February 11, 2020

QuickBooks Online for Professional Services

Alternatives Considered

QuickBooks Online meets all of our needs, and thus we have not needed to evaluate other products. QuickBooks Online is cost-effective and maintains up to date functionality. QuickBooks Online continues to be a leader in the accounting space that is supported and recommended by our outside accounting support team.
November 19, 2019

Quickbooks Online to satisfy your personal finance needs boost the growth of your small business!

Alternatives Considered

We use Sage Intacct for all the other companies that we provide accounting and IT services for. It is fairly convenient because we can use a single log-on and book intercompany transactions. It has more functions and the layout is more sophisticated which in our case, is not fit for our needs. We just needed a simple and straightforward accounting program for this individual that doesn't have that many complicated transactions.
Joel McAfee | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Accounting for Small Business Made Accessible and Easy for Noobs Like Me

Alternatives Considered

I would say once I started using QuickBooks Online, I never looked back. I occasionally use other applications like Expensify for the tasks of reporting expenses as they are simpler and easier to share and create reports within teams, however I have no reservations about missing out on some better software as I'm totally satisfied.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
Tammy Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

I love the versatility and freedom that QuickBooks provides my business!

Alternatives Considered

I have used FreshBooks (free version) and it is very basic and has had multiple issues with security. It is nowhere as robust as QBO. I have used other traditional accounting systems that are more extensive and costly and just do not fit the small business owners' business model or budget.
Read Tammy Roberts's full review
Christopher Cantrall | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 13, 2019

Feature Rich but a Little Sluggish

Alternatives Considered

No competitor quick stacks up. FreshBooks has a speedy UI, but lacks features for a more complex small business. Xero has a UI that I personally don't like as much and it never felt quite right to me. Not as many accountants are familiar either. Zoho Books came the closest to grabbing our business, but we also didn't like the UI as much and had a little less faith in Zoho than Intuit.
Read Christopher Cantrall's full review
Susan Hammiche | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 04, 2019

Keep track of your money with Quickbooks Online

Alternatives Considered

Wave Accounting is a great free accounting software that small businesses can use at no monthly cost but it has its limitations. Quickbooks Online has many features that are beneficial to businesses even though there is a monthly cost to it. With Quickbooks Online I'm able to do small inventory (FIFO), invoicing, payroll and more.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 30, 2019

The must-have accounting tool for solopreneurs and small business start ups

Alternatives Considered

After the first year of running my business and then having to do my self-assessment taxes, I quickly realized using Excel spreadsheets, in the long run, wasn't going to cut it. Quickbooks is like having your very own accountant that you'll have to check in on to make sure they are working efficiently.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
September 25, 2019

A Quick Review for QuickBooks

Alternatives Considered

The only other service I have used that was similar to QuickBooks was Gusto. My experience with it was pretty limited. We did not use it for very long. We tried it because it was made for small businesses and we are a smaller department. QuickBooks was more scalable and worked better for us.
August 29, 2019

Quickbooks Online: Great for Smaller Businesses with Outside Accounting

Alternatives Considered

Quickbooks Online made more sense for our clients who had smaller businesses and required more hands-on accounting help. The ability to access this cloud-based accounting software from our office and respond to needs quickly was a huge benefit and advantage over Quickbooks Enterprise/Desktop versions.
August 29, 2019

QuickBooks Online is the 'go-to' option for starting businesses.

Alternatives Considered

Most of the systems I have used are larger accounting applications that are not as comparable to Quickbooks. As I have demoed another competitor, I keep coming back around to using Quickbooks Online because it is usually the cheapest option with the most useful information published for using the system.
Jennifer Walschap | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 08, 2018

Quickbooks is definitely quick, easy, and gets the job done! Affordable!

Alternatives Considered

Quickbooks Online has more features than PayPal that I need for my business. I decided to stick with the online subscription service for now so that I receive support and updates regularly, and also because I don't want to drop a chunk of money to purchase the software version. I may switch to the desktop software version in the future to ultimately save on costs, but for now, I am happy.
Read Jennifer Walschap's full review
Dylan DeClerck | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 30, 2018

QuickBooks Online: A Non-Profit Executive Director's Perspective

Alternatives Considered

QuickBooks Online was much easier to use across a non-profit where we needed people in multiple locations working on different servers to access the financial data at once, it also allowed us to connect our bank accounts to the software which was a huge benefit of the program, these were main differentiators between the online product and the desktop version that we trialed. We have also used Wave in the past for accounting and still use it for it's invoicing features because of the nice invoices it creates for our organization at no cost. Microsoft Excel is what we used before Online version so QuickBooks is much more advanced than that.
Read Dylan DeClerck's full review

Pay calculation (45)
Benefit plan administration (22)
Direct deposit files (40)
Salary revision and increment management (28)
Reimbursement management (28)
API for custom integration (33)
Plug-ins (35)
Single sign-on capability (48)
Role-based user permissions (58)
Dashboards (72)
Bank reconciliation (79)
Expense management (69)
Time tracking (33)
5.6
Fixed asset management (32)
6.4
Multi-currency support (12)
4.3
Multi-division support (28)
Regulations compliance (22)
Electronic tax filing (32)
Self-service portal (35)
Global Financial Support (6)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (14)
Intercompany Accounting (16)
Localizations (10)
Journals and Reconciliations (34)
Enterprise Accounting (13)
Configurable Accounting (17)
Centralized Rules Framework (10)
Standardized Processes (22)
Inventory tracking (28)
Automatic reordering (11)
Location management (12)
Manufacturing module (9)
5.0
Pricing (33)
Order entry (32)
Credit card processing (37)
Cost of goods sold (39)
Order Orchestration (7)
End-to-end order visibility (8)
Order exception Resolution (8)
6.2

About QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations