QuickBooks Online Reviews

December 24, 2019

Slowing Down with QuickBooks Online

Likelihood to Renew

QBO needs better integration with non-Intuit products and developers need to use Intuit's open API to develop better add-ons. Clients are having a great deal of problems with their data importing from the bank and this takes time away from better revenue producing activities. Although the efficiencies are there, they are outweighted by the shortcomings of the product. When we ran a parallel of QBO versus other cloud accounting products, we had more issues with the QBO product than any other.
John H. Adair CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 29, 2015

QBOA -- It time to make the move.

Likelihood to Renew

It like the product 'right out of the box' and I trust Intuit will continually improve it over the years based on my experience with their desktop products. The large providers of Apps makes customizing the entire package relatively easy and seamless for a wide variety of business types.
Read John H. Adair CPA's full review
Veronica Mayer | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 30, 2014

QuickBooks Online: It's not for everybody but I'm sure it's for somebody!

Likelihood to Renew

I am no longer with the church so I don't use QuickBooks Online. All other clients are small (less than 10 employees) and the desktop works best for their business. At no time would I recommend QuickBooks Online. Because of remote access, there wouldn't be a need to use the online version. And they're all on servers that are maintained by IT professionals.
Read Veronica Mayer's full review
Cindy Hovig | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 25, 2014

QuickBooks Online vs Xero Software?

Likelihood to Renew

I personally like working in Xero more than QuickBooks Online. When given a choice, I would almost always choose Xero over QuickBooks Online.. You can get the job done with QuickBooks Online, but I prefer Xero because it provides me with an emotional connection that I do not get with QuickBooks Online.

However, the feature of being able to include the Account Summary on an invoice is very powerful and I might recommend QuickBooks Online if this feature is needed.
Read Cindy Hovig's full review
May 05, 2015

User friendly QuickBooks

Likelihood to Renew

As technology becomes a part of daily life, it's efficient and consistent to keep using the same accounting software over a long period of time. I believe that it's very likely that my client and I will renew our use of QuickBooks Online in the future years.
June 30, 2014

A New Blunder

Likelihood to Renew

I might renew; it is hard to tell what Intuit will do with it in the future. Ultimately, it is my client's decision. I think the clients who have it will keep it, but I do not recommend it to new clients due to the difficulties I have had with the new interface.
June 26, 2014

Recommendation by a Franchisee

Likelihood to Renew

We are doing an asset sale of our company and no longer using our invoicing system. I cannot justify the cost to pay monthly vs buying the software out right.

Pay calculation (45)
Benefit plan administration (22)
Direct deposit files (40)
Salary revision and increment management (28)
Reimbursement management (28)
API for custom integration (33)
Plug-ins (35)
Single sign-on capability (48)
Role-based user permissions (58)
Dashboards (72)
Bank reconciliation (79)
Expense management (69)
Time tracking (33)
5.6
Fixed asset management (32)
6.4
Multi-currency support (12)
4.3
Multi-division support (28)
Regulations compliance (22)
Electronic tax filing (32)
Self-service portal (35)
Global Financial Support (6)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (14)
Intercompany Accounting (16)
Localizations (10)
Journals and Reconciliations (34)
Enterprise Accounting (13)
Configurable Accounting (17)
Centralized Rules Framework (10)
Standardized Processes (22)
Inventory tracking (28)
Automatic reordering (11)
Location management (12)
Manufacturing module (9)
5.0
Pricing (33)
Order entry (32)
Credit card processing (37)
Cost of goods sold (39)
Order Orchestration (7)
End-to-end order visibility (8)
Order exception Resolution (8)
6.2

About QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations