QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Adrienne Gould-Choquette, P.E. | TrustRadius Reviewer
QB is actually one of my favorite parts of the job. I get to see graphically how we are performing. Track the money coming in and going out. Quickly see how we are performing based on historical data. I can also monitor when my clients review their invoices. I can allow them to pay online with debit or credit. It's the "fun" part of my day.
QBO needs better integration with non-Intuit products and developers need to use Intuit's open API to develop better add-ons. Clients are having a great deal of problems with their data importing from the bank and this takes time away from better revenue producing activities. Although the efficiencies are there, they are outweighted by the shortcomings of the product. When we ran a parallel of QBO versus other cloud accounting products, we had more issues with the QBO product than any other.
John H. Adair CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
It like the product 'right out of the box' and I trust Intuit will continually improve it over the years based on my experience with their desktop products. The large providers of Apps makes customizing the entire package relatively easy and seamless for a wide variety of business types.
Robin M. Robboy, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
QBO is the answer for our firm - reasonably priced, so accessible, and super easy to use!
Veronica Mayer | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am no longer with the church so I don't use QuickBooks Online. All other clients are small (less than 10 employees) and the desktop works best for their business. At no time would I recommend QuickBooks Online. Because of remote access, there wouldn't be a need to use the online version. And they're all on servers that are maintained by IT professionals.
Cindy Hovig | TrustRadius Reviewer
I personally like working in Xero more than QuickBooks Online. When given a choice, I would almost always choose Xero over QuickBooks Online.. You can get the job done with QuickBooks Online, but I prefer Xero because it provides me with an emotional connection that I do not get with QuickBooks Online.

However, the feature of being able to include the Account Summary on an invoice is very powerful and I might recommend QuickBooks Online if this feature is needed.
It works well for our purposes and for those of our clients who use it - it is a good fit. We believe that the features that are offered will continue to expand.
As technology becomes a part of daily life, it's efficient and consistent to keep using the same accounting software over a long period of time. I believe that it's very likely that my client and I will renew our use of QuickBooks Online in the future years.
June 30, 2014

A New Blunder

I might renew; it is hard to tell what Intuit will do with it in the future. Ultimately, it is my client's decision. I think the clients who have it will keep it, but I do not recommend it to new clients due to the difficulties I have had with the new interface.

QuickBooks Online Scorecard Summary

Payroll Management (5)
Pay calculation (65)
Benefit plan administration (30)
6.2
Direct deposit files (61)
Salary revision and increment management (43)
Reimbursement management (44)
Customization (2)
API for custom integration (52)
Plug-ins (55)
Security (2)
Single sign-on capability (79)
Role-based user permissions (99)
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards (117)
Standard reports (121)
Custom reports (111)
General Ledger and Configurable Accounting (21)
Accounts payable (114)
Accounts receivable (123)
Cash management (111)
Bank reconciliation (127)
Expense management (114)
Time tracking (52)
6.0
Fixed asset management (50)
Multi-currency support (22)
6.7
Multi-division support (40)
Regulations compliance (37)
Electronic tax filing (59)
Self-service portal (59)
Global Financial Support (15)
5.7
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (31)
Intercompany Accounting (27)
Localizations (19)
Journals and Reconciliations (69)
Enterprise Accounting (24)
Configurable Accounting (36)
Centralized Rules Framework (22)
Standardized Processes (46)
Manufacturing module (16)
Order Management (7)
Pricing (54)
Order entry (52)
Credit card processing (61)
Cost of goods sold (64)
Order Orchestration (19)
End-to-end order visibility (18)
Order exception Resolution (16)
6.2

What is QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations