QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

Kitty McClelland | TrustRadius Reviewer
I love all the features with QuickBooks Online - just wish it had a couple other things available to the user - Schedule K in taxes, ability to undo a bank reconciliation to fix things and a way to customize reports better. But overall it is really easy to use/learn to use, and I am very comfortable with it :-)
Zach Yokum | TrustRadius Reviewer
While QuickBooks Online is generally easy to navigate, there are some features and functions that often require a Google search in order to find out where they are actually hidden. Additionally, there are some simple customization features that are surprisingly not available for an otherwise advanced program (e.g. only having a pool of 4 fonts to choose from, only having 4 very limited templates for invoicing, not color selection, etc). While I would say that about 75% of users shouldn't have a problem finding their way around with basic functions, there is a learning curve if you want to be able to dive into some of the more useful features, almost to the point that you need to have a dedicated account manager in order to use QuickBooks Online most effectively.
Adrienne Gould-Choquette, P.E. | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have no accounting experience and I find the software to be very intuitive and user friendly. I am able to do as much customizing as I wish and feel, for my purposes, I have not reached the limits of the software. I like that at a click of a button, I am able to retrieve a real-time, up-to-the-minute financial picture of my company.
It has such a great interface, and if you're used to the older non-online versions, it's so easy to hit the ground running and even import old data. There help sites and online FAQ sites that make finding answers to easy questions a breeze, and if it's something you can't figure out, their support is excellent.
Does not offer features that Desktop has, too many software glitches and issues, lack of functionality, less usability, goes over the line for what customer can/cannot do and what their software program can/cannot do. Plus all the issues and problems mentioned previously.
Do NOT use their premium payroll. It's expensive and [I feel like] their customer service is horrible. I spent almost 4 hours trying to get an answer to a simple question about a 941 form they filed. They kept transferring me around to various people and every single time they couldn't find the 941 form I had a question on. I had to do a screenshare to show them where it was! I got disconnected three times and they never called back. They also told me that I would have to talk to the IRS at one point. I refused and told them that they were filing these forms on our behalf, they were doing the calculations so they should be able to answer my questions. I asked several times to talk to a supervisor and they wouldn't transfer me to one. They just said that they could put in a request for a supervisor to call me back in 24-48 hours! It was just unbelievable how horrible it was.
Charles Fashana, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
It really is a simple and easy software to use. I would say to be able to just use the software you need little or only basic financial or accounting knowledge, but to begin to do more customization through your ledgers and chart of accounts, services, reporting, etc. you will need to know your stuff in order to program it and get it working the way you want. But once it is fully set up to your business needs, it's largely on autopilot from there until something changes. The regular ongoing work is routine and simple.
Lukas Sundahl, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I would give QuickBooks online a 10 for overall usability. Even without a background in accounting a user can easily navigate within QuickBooks online. The software is very easy to use and a person can become very familiar with features in a short period of time. I also like that QuickBooks Online will have updates made and I will not have to wait to purchase a new version in 2-3 years.
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
For online software QuickBooks Online has served well. I do sometimes prefer desktop software over online but having the ability to have the software available nearly anywhere is a great convenience. It is generally easy to learn for the basics of running a business when you are only recording sales and expenses.
Overall, QuickBooks Online has a very user-friendly interface. It also has all the necessary features to do bookkeeping. I personally like using QuickBooks Online because it is integrated with multiple other applications such as outside accounts payable, payroll and expense reimbursement software. Also, QuickBooks Online requires minimal training on how to use the package. For example, I recently hired a junior accountant who never worked with QuickBooks Online before and she learned how to use the system very quickly with minimal help from me. I would definitely recommend QuickBooks Online to any small/mid-size business.

Rob Martinek | TrustRadius Reviewer
The program is easy to configure & use. If you get stuck, support is also very good. I have had a couple situations over the last 10 years and both were resolved. Web access is comforting and convenient, but most my accounting tasks are completed in office. The payroll connection feels seamless. All the data makes it to the desired destination. I run fairly simple reports but have no problems creating anything I have needed, Information is power...this program is powerful
May 01, 2021

Quickbooks and Me

When I first began using QBO, I did not know what to expect as I had no bookkeeping experience for a general business rather than medical which was my previous job. However, there were many similarities.The reports feature is really super with the ability to customize. Paying bills is a multi step breeze. When a check is cashed, QBO matches it with the bill which generated it and everything falls into place. For expenses, I can add a copy of a register receipt directly. QBO keeps track of vendors and makes sure that vendors with similar spelling are noted when using. Also. each vendor profile has ability to note Tax ID and 1099 tracking.
I highly recommend Quickbooks Online because I love the ease of entering our clients and our spending accounts. We can send an invoice to a client for payment and have the money in our accounts within minutes. It's also great for someone who has never used accounting software before. Overall, I would recommend QuickBooks Online -- you'll love the simplicity and ease of generating reports that are helpful.
It very easy to use. Compared to building excel documents or even paying someone to do it it just works best for what our organization is trying to accomplish. Additionally, the way our accountant and others can access through their own log-in is good for the business too and holds each of us accountable by letting us know who logged in or changed what. The only hope is that it will get an auto reconcile option since it already pulls bank records.
QuickBooks can improve on certain features but overall it's a good product for bookkeeping basics that a small business needs to succeed in running their company and keeping track of financials. We've only used QuickBooks so I have nothing else to base my review on. We are overall happy with using this product.

QuickBooks Online Scorecard Summary

Payroll Management (5)
Pay calculation (65)
Benefit plan administration (30)
6.2
Direct deposit files (61)
Salary revision and increment management (43)
Reimbursement management (44)
Customization (2)
API for custom integration (52)
Plug-ins (55)
Security (2)
Single sign-on capability (79)
Role-based user permissions (99)
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards (117)
Standard reports (121)
Custom reports (111)
General Ledger and Configurable Accounting (21)
Accounts payable (114)
Accounts receivable (123)
Cash management (111)
Bank reconciliation (127)
Expense management (114)
Time tracking (52)
6.0
Fixed asset management (50)
Multi-currency support (22)
6.7
Multi-division support (40)
Regulations compliance (37)
Electronic tax filing (59)
Self-service portal (59)
Global Financial Support (15)
5.7
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (31)
Intercompany Accounting (27)
Localizations (19)
Journals and Reconciliations (69)
Enterprise Accounting (24)
Configurable Accounting (36)
Centralized Rules Framework (22)
Standardized Processes (46)
Manufacturing module (16)
Order Management (7)
Pricing (54)
Order entry (52)
Credit card processing (61)
Cost of goods sold (64)
Order Orchestration (19)
End-to-end order visibility (18)
Order exception Resolution (16)
6.2

What is QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations