QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

We are a small construction company building and remodeling houses in the Pacific Northwest. I use QBO for bookkeeping, project accounting and payroll (3 employees). I handle most the bookkeeping activities at the end of each week, payroll at the end of each month, and my tax accountant handles quarterlies and annual filings.
Zach Yokum | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses QuickBooks Online for all of our billing and financial reporting. We currently have 5 active users, 4 of which are for project managers on our team, and then one account for our accountant to monitor activity for tax/accounting purposes. Primarily though, QuickBooks is used for sending out invoices for work completed.
Adrienne Gould-Choquette, P.E. | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBooks Online for our accounting needs including tracking estimates, invoicing, banking, receiving payments, bill payment, and tracking expenses. We are also able to create financial reports to help us predict volume of work trends and let us know how we are performing. Additionally, our accountant has access to QuickBooks Online so that they can retrieve the information and reports they need to prepare our taxes.
Darcy Knapp, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
QuickBooks Online is an integral part of our business. We run all invoices, recurring revenue, and e-commerce transactions. We bill clients for services with a variety of billing terms (monthly, quarterly, annually) and having QuickBooks Online keeps us on track for all billing, organized, and makes month-end reconciliation easy for my bookkeeper.
I currently support QuickBooks Online for one of my customers who uses it to manage all of their accounting needs along with the selection of inventory they sell in their storefront. I manage it from an admin/rollout standpoint and have several years of experience using it myself. It handles all the accounting needs with ease for this company and then some. They used to have QuickBooks software installed on a server and several of their PCs, and the online version has completely eliminated the need for that server and the worry of having to back it up daily.
We use QB as our general accounting and payment system across our entire organization. As a small company, it offers a tested, acceptable, and cost-effective solution to our accounting needs. It offers a variety of functionality important in tracking planned expenditures and commitments (eg Purchase order generation), goods receipt, accounts payable, and integrates with our 3rd party payroll providers. We currently utilize its check printing capabilities and are planning the future implementation of its electronic payment functionalities. As a small company, we find it easy to train new users due to readily available training materials and pragmatic built-in help functions.
QuickBooks Online is being used to do all of our bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and budgeting for all of our different accounts. Although I am the primary user, our grant writer, accountant, treasurer and auditor all have access to the program.
Charles Fashana, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
As business grew, tracking revenue/invoices and expenses/payables through excel spreadsheets or other offline/manual methods quickly became challenging and a better solution was needed. However, as a small business, a robust and expensive accounting software wasn't what we needed. We were looking for a simple solution that would be easy to use and handle the basics of our accounting and finance needs, along with giving us some room to grow with the platform as our business grew. We used QuickBooks Online to do this, and the platform what used primarily by myself as COO, a part-time bookkeeper, and a tax professional at times.
Lukas Sundahl, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am currently using QuickBooks Online for my consulting operation. The software helps me categorize all transactions and build out financial statements. I also use the software to reconcile my bank statement each month. I also use QuickBooks to generate my monthly sales invoices. The software handles all the needed sales and back end accounting functions for my consulting work.
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use QuickBooks Online daily for my Accounting/Bookkeeping business. My primary business is to serve my clients with various accounting, bookkeeping, and QuickBooks Online Support so they stay focused on running their business. In addition, I use QuickBooks Online for my own business financial accounting. I find the majority of my clients see QuickBooks Online as a good solution for their business.
We use QuickBooks Online to keep our accounting books, for financial statements, for forecasting and to track customer and vendor activities. The founder/CEO, the bookkeeper and I use it.
I work directly with QuickBooks Online to manage construction projects. Additionally, our company builds integrations into QuickBooks Online using their open API to connect to best-in-class construction project management systems like Procore.
We use QuickBooks Online at the accounting department. Overall, QuickBooks Online is a great accounting solution for the company of our size (around 150-200 employees). QuickBooks Online focuses on addressing various accounting issues of small and medium size businesses such as simplifying the process of bank reconciliation, running numerous reports used by small/medium businesses daily just in one click, and other useful features.
Rob Martinek | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this package for Accounting, Invoicing & Payroll. A major benefit is that the majority of accounts automatically sync so there is litlle data entry. Also, there are saved transactions that automatically post common/frequent transactions. We also use the system to run financial reports to evaluate the health of the agency. One of my personal favorities is the P&L Report comarison of current 12 months versus prior 12 months. It shows how we are evolving as an organization on both sides of the ledger
May 01, 2021

Quickbooks and Me

QBO is being used by me, the accountant and my boss. I use it for bookkeeping exclusively. It is used for recording and paying bills, tracking expenses, making reports, managing 1 bank account and 2 credit card accounts--three if we count QBO's own charging system. My boss uses it to generate invoices, make deposits, and integrate with proprietary software of his company. No other employees use QBO as there is no need. Since I work from home, it is very easy to communicate what each of us is doing because it appears instantly.
We began using Quickbooks software about 15 years ago, but recently (in the past 8 years) migrated to QuickBooks Online. What a wonderful difference this made. The online version is so easy to use and we all love that it updates when necessary. While it's important that I find it easy to use, what's more important for me is that my staff has absolutely no problem using it. They find it simple to use and they love the different help boxes that guide them. The reporting is also very good and definitely solves some of the problems we had in terms of drafting reports to look at earnings from year to year and quarter to quarter.
John Crumpton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBooks Online for our company accounts at our agency, Doublesided. In my sales role, I use it to create estimates for prospects, record my expenses, and review the profit and loss reports.

My partners use QB to generate invoices and also record both staff and company expenses.
Devin Rowley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses QuickBooks Online to track the Accounting and bookkeeping for several small entities that are unrelated to our main business but are owned by the same owner. Since the entities are never going to be consolidated, using QuickBooks Online is a simple and easy solution for managing the entities.
Mark Anthony Sinchioco | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use QuickBooks Online for a client to record and his expenses daily for his job. He is using it to file reimbursements from his company. What I do is record his expenses using QuickBooks Online and upload the receipts as well for easing viewing and reference. He also make me do reports for his daily expenses and expenditures for his work.
We use QuickBooks for our accounting purposes and reporting to the board. Our accountant is able to access to also audit our financials. The business problem it is addressing is a one-stop shop for financials. This also helps with reconciling our accounts on a monthly basis. It is easy to use and very user friendly when you have a problem.

QuickBooks Online Scorecard Summary

Payroll Management (5)
Pay calculation (65)
Benefit plan administration (30)
6.2
Direct deposit files (61)
Salary revision and increment management (43)
Reimbursement management (44)
Customization (2)
API for custom integration (52)
Plug-ins (55)
Security (2)
Single sign-on capability (79)
Role-based user permissions (99)
Reporting & Analytics (3)
Dashboards (117)
Standard reports (121)
Custom reports (111)
General Ledger and Configurable Accounting (21)
Accounts payable (114)
Accounts receivable (123)
Cash management (111)
Bank reconciliation (127)
Expense management (114)
Time tracking (52)
6.0
Fixed asset management (50)
Multi-currency support (22)
6.7
Multi-division support (40)
Regulations compliance (37)
Electronic tax filing (59)
Self-service portal (59)
Global Financial Support (15)
5.7
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (31)
Intercompany Accounting (27)
Localizations (19)
Journals and Reconciliations (69)
Enterprise Accounting (24)
Configurable Accounting (36)
Centralized Rules Framework (22)
Standardized Processes (46)
Manufacturing module (16)
Order Management (7)
Pricing (54)
Order entry (52)
Credit card processing (61)
Cost of goods sold (64)
Order Orchestration (19)
End-to-end order visibility (18)
Order exception Resolution (16)
6.2

What is QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations