https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/ll/4h/QI137DVUHUOS.JPEGPurchase the software you need, not the software the salesman says you need.We use QuickBooks Pro in the Accounting department. We use it to manage our General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Financial Reporting functions. In general, I'd say that QuickBooks allows us to have at our disposal the core functionality of a much more robust ERP system for a fraction of the cost, setup, and headaches.,Track information in as detailed a format as needed. Allow the addition of users or clients without the hassle of traditional models. Produce information quickly and accurately.,I have found the inventory module to be a little weak. More costing options would be nice. The reporting is very good, but being able to customize reports would be helpful. With the ease of setup comes the possibility of security risk. They seem to handle this trade-off well.,10,In terms of ROI, it is infinite. In terms of the functions we use, the large expense, for a mid-level ERP system, would have been wasted. The company has several operating bank accounts. A simple check-writing plugin allows us to save thousands per year on pre-printed check stock. The way we set up the GL, we were able to save 10 hours per month on intercompany reconciliations.,,Sage 100 ERP, Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft 365 BusinessAfter 16 years in business I still use QuickBooks ProBeing a small business QuickBooks is used to manage all financial aspects of my business, including invoicing, purchasing, time tracking, and inventory. With the use of a few third-party utilities I'm able to manage all of these aspects and collect data from my smartphone while mobile. This allows me to stay on top of my business while out in the field with clients. As a business owner with no financial background it has been easy to learn and understand how my business is doing.,Inventory management with low stock indicators has made it easy to ensure I have the necessary parts and supplies I need for my jobs. Time tracking and being able to invoice on that time makes it simple to bill clients for work I have performed. Prior to QuickBooks I had time that I wasn't getting paid for because I would forget to invoice for it. The extensive number of reports available as well as customizations allows me to see how my sales are doing on a regular basis in different areas of the market.,The lack of a mobile app, and the lack of features in the former version, made it difficult to function while away from the desktop. However, I have found several third-party apps that fulfill these needs and often contain more features. The server/multi-user access can have problems occasionally which requires some finessing of the services to keep it running. Problems that were once resolved seem to reappear in future upgrades. Standalone and peer-to-peer multi-user installations don't seem to have these issues.,10,The ease of tracking time and invoicing for it has reduced my time spent billing and improved my cash flow by 150% or more. Inventory tracking with low stock alerts has saved me time and money by not having to buy parts at retail while on a job.,,Microsoft Office 2016, Filmora, ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect)Quickbooks Does What You Want So You Can See What You WantQuickBooks is used to set up invoices for customers, send out bills, and to keep a record of monies collected with bank reconciliation. It is also used to keep a database on customers. Using QuickBooks has been helpful to see who pays fast and who doesn't pay; to see who is giving the most business and who is only a casual customer. It is great at keeping track of payment and nonpayment and customer frequency.,QuickBooks does a great job of easily creating invoices and bills and sending them out internally either by email or fax. It does provide the option to print as well for customers who cant be reached otherwise. QuickBooks creates detailed charts that let you see your business from a distance. You are able to see a week, month or even a year at a time. charts include income, payments not received, and most frequent customers. QuickBooks makes complex task easy by having built in formats for invoices, estimates, bills, payment receipts. QuickBooks also has easy bank intergration.,QuickBooks largest setback is the UI. It is a bit cumbersome and not entirely intuitive if you have never used QuickBooks before. Occasionally QuickBooks has a hard time communicating with your bank, but it is usually fixed after a couple attempts. QuickBooks does need to be bought each year to stay up to date.,8,Being able to see who has not paid in list or chart has literally saved us over $10,000 each year. The fact that bills can be emailed or faxed internally has been priceless.,Blackbaud Grantmaking (formerly GIFTS Online),WordPerfect Office, Microsoft 365 Business, Slack, Adobe Photoshop, SurveyMonkey, monday, WunderlistQuickBooks Pro is a User Friendly Accounting SoftwareI do accounting consultant work for several small businesses. I use QuickBooks because of the flexibility and ease of use that it gives me. I use QuickBooks to generate financial reports for my clients for their banking and tax needs. When my clients first came to me they didn't understand the importance of these financial reports until they starting seeking financial backing.,The ease to make changes. This is important because if you see an error, you can double click on it and change it instead of having to make an adjusting entry to fix it. The ability to pull up detail quickly. If you run a summary report and you notice an account amount doesn't look correct; then you can double click on it to bring up the details without having to run another report. Ability to change the format of a report. When you run a report, you can go into the custom option and change the report criteria (time period, what accounts you want to show, reporting base (cash or accrual), etc.).,When my cursor is on an entry in the bank register and I want to open the other bank account, instead of it opening my other bank account register it opens the register for the vendor that my cursor is on at the time. I have clients that operate on a cash basis so instead of saving this criteria when I run reports I have to keep going to the custom to change it from accrual to cash. I would like more options for my vendor and customer reports.,10,The ease of using QuickBooks has enabled me to get more clients. My clients are pleased with the type of reports they get, which helps me retain their business. I have a client who uses the accrual accounting method and there are vendor reports that I would like to be able to run without having to export it first. I will say that there may be but I haven't found it yet.,SAP Business OneSmall Business essential softwareWe've used QuickBooks Pro for a little more than two years and it is being used by the entire organization. We use it to record time, create invoices, estimates, purchase orders, and account payables. QuickBooks Pro is a complete financial software that lets you manage your business finances in one place.,The dashboard makes it easy to navigate. Lots of modules which includes Record Time, Purchase Orders, Create Invoices, Create Estimates. Ability to set reminders. Lots of customizable report templates.,It didn't let me customize decimal places in invoices and estimates. It takes a long time to load. The maximum number of simultaneous users for QuickBooks Pro is three users.,9,Lets you manage your business finances in one place, no need for multiple software.,,Malwarebytes, TeamViewer, Microsoft Office 2016
QuickBooks Pro

QuickBooks Pro Reviews

QuickBooks Pro
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 543 vetted QuickBooks Pro reviews and ratings

Marc Petrine profile photo
May 22, 2019

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Purchase the software you need, not the software the salesman says you need."

• Track information in as detailed a format as needed.
  • Allow the addition of users or clients without the hassle of traditional models.
  • Produce information quickly and accurately.
  • I have found the inventory module to be a little weak. More costing options would be nice.
  • The reporting is very good, but being able to customize reports would be helpful.
  • With the ease of setup comes the possibility of security risk. They seem to handle this trade-off well.
As long as my colleague does not have outside modules that need to be connected to QuickBooks Pro, this is an easy choice. If they have something like a robust warehouse or e-commerce module, they have to understand that data is going to be limited in QuickBooks Pro to the GL level.
Read Marc Petrine's full review
Bill Greganti profile photo
December 14, 2018

Review: "After 16 years in business I still use QuickBooks Pro"

• Inventory management with low stock indicators has made it easy to ensure I have the necessary parts and supplies I need for my jobs.
  • Time tracking and being able to invoice on that time makes it simple to bill clients for work I have performed. Prior to QuickBooks I had time that I wasn't getting paid for because I would forget to invoice for it.
  • The extensive number of reports available as well as customizations allows me to see how my sales are doing on a regular basis in different areas of the market.
  • The lack of a mobile app, and the lack of features in the former version, made it difficult to function while away from the desktop. However, I have found several third-party apps that fulfill these needs and often contain more features.
  • The server/multi-user access can have problems occasionally which requires some finessing of the services to keep it running. Problems that were once resolved seem to reappear in future upgrades. Standalone and peer-to-peer multi-user installations don't seem to have these issues.
One of my clients is a manufacturing company utilizing QuickBooks with 15 employees to manage all aspects of their business. Frequent tasks being performed are generating purchase orders for raw materials, invoicing customers for finished products, and payroll. As the primary person supporting this installation I've found it easy to manage, control permissions for users, and upgrade each workstation. I also provide basic training on the operation of QuickBooks and even the employees with no previous experience find it easy to use and learn.
Read Bill Greganti's full review
Heath Achatz profile photo
December 11, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Quickbooks Does What You Want So You Can See What You Want"

• QuickBooks does a great job of easily creating invoices and bills and sending them out internally either by email or fax. It does provide the option to print as well for customers who cant be reached otherwise.
  • QuickBooks creates detailed charts that let you see your business from a distance. You are able to see a week, month or even a year at a time. charts include income, payments not received, and most frequent customers.
  • QuickBooks makes complex task easy by having built in formats for invoices, estimates, bills, payment receipts.
  • QuickBooks also has easy bank intergration.
  • QuickBooks largest setback is the UI. It is a bit cumbersome and not entirely intuitive if you have never used QuickBooks before.
  • Occasionally QuickBooks has a hard time communicating with your bank, but it is usually fixed after a couple attempts.
  • QuickBooks does need to be bought each year to stay up to date.
QuickBooks is well suited for any business where invoices, bills, and payments are used. Especially where customers have time to pay, it helps keep track of who is paying and how timely they are paying. I would guess it might be cumbersome to use if the customer base was over 500, but maybe with several users that would work.
Read Heath Achatz's full review
Debra Johnson profile photo
February 11, 2019

Review: "QuickBooks Pro is a User Friendly Accounting Software"

• The ease to make changes. This is important because if you see an error, you can double click on it and change it instead of having to make an adjusting entry to fix it.
  • The ability to pull up detail quickly. If you run a summary report and you notice an account amount doesn't look correct; then you can double click on it to bring up the details without having to run another report.
  • Ability to change the format of a report. When you run a report, you can go into the custom option and change the report criteria (time period, what accounts you want to show, reporting base (cash or accrual), etc.).
  • When my cursor is on an entry in the bank register and I want to open the other bank account, instead of it opening my other bank account register it opens the register for the vendor that my cursor is on at the time.
  • I have clients that operate on a cash basis so instead of saving this criteria when I run reports I have to keep going to the custom to change it from accrual to cash.
  • I would like more options for my vendor and customer reports.
QuickBooks is a great software for someone that is new to an accounting software because it gives you the flexibility to fix any mistakes that you make without a lot of fuss. In my full time, I work for an organization with over 10,000 people and I don't feel that QuickBooks would be well received because of the ability for people to make changes without approval. The accounting software that I use on my full time job has more restriction than QuickBooks but that is fine for my full time job. My side work doesn't require that much restriction so QuickBooks is perfect for me.
Read Debra Johnson's full review
Fernando Montemarano profile photo
December 26, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Small Business essential software"

• The dashboard makes it easy to navigate.
  • Lots of modules which includes Record Time, Purchase Orders, Create Invoices, Create Estimates.
  • Ability to set reminders.
  • Lots of customizable report templates.
  • It didn't let me customize decimal places in invoices and estimates.
  • It takes a long time to load.
  • The maximum number of simultaneous users for QuickBooks Pro is three users.
I recommend QuickBooks to small businesses that need an easy way to organize, inventory, and keep track of company expenses.
Read Fernando Montemarano's full review
Ariel Dunay profile photo
December 17, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Accounting for the future, with a few minor improvements"

We used QuickBooks as an alternative to traditional spreadsheet accounting. It handled all accounting functions across HR, payroll, and operational departments. We also had administrative staff inputting basic data.
  • Bank reconciliation and outstanding payments tracking
  • Custom reporting and analysis tools to look at long-term budget expenditure (not possible in traditional excel, or file is way too large)
  • Payroll and ability t audit your own payroll
  • Crossover with other payroll software, easy to share data between them for uploading purposes
  • Price is high even for a large company
  • If you don't save..... it's all gone. Would be nice to have an auto-save feature as with Cloud services
  • Inability to cross reference by country in terms of taxes and payroll reporting. Big hit for us
It is well suited for a smaller organization where maybe 1-5 people are inputting data and tracking large level invoices. That data should be reviewed by people who have compliance experience or can link that data with relevant software. It is also well-suited for the international development industry because almost everyone uses it, so the skills will transfer from company to company for those who become proficient.
Read Ariel Dunay's full review
Jessica London profile photo
December 12, 2018

Review: "Small Business Accounting is a Cinch with QuickBooks Pro!"

I've used QuickBooks for 15 years at two different companies for managing all of the accounting functions. I am a full charge bookkeeper; process payroll through QuickBooks and related reporting, and run all financial reporting through QuickBooks. I've found ways to integrate timesheet tracking, expense reporting, client records, vendor records; all bank and credit card transactions are functions used through the program.
  • Processing payroll is easy and reporting is even easier. If you take the time to set up the accounts correctly- your life will be a piece of cake!
  • Reconciling accounts is so simple and streamlined. I look forward to it every month!
  • Financial reporting made simple with a click of a button. If you need to see what totals make up an amount, you double click to get its history.
  • Coordinating vendor purchase orders and their implications on forecasting is either not a function or I haven't figured it out yet.
Small firms cannot invest in the larger industry specific programming and QuickBooks makes for an excellent alternative. Reporting is fluid and comprehendible. The excellent windows based platform is unparalleled. Looking into accounts is as easy as simply clicking on it. Quality of information in, is same information out.
Read Jessica London's full review
Erika Neilson profile photo
December 12, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "QuickBooks for Small Businesses"

We use QuickBooks Pro as our main accounting software for handling our business. We produce invoices, patient statements, and manage our financial reporting through it. I am able to easily see a snapshot of our financial status when I log in as well as find quick access to reports that I need generated. It is fairly user-friendly and allows me to accomplish all the financial tasks needed to run my business.
  • QuickBooks Pro does invoicing well; I am able to customize my invoices to my company's specifications. The templates allow options for the design to be personalized to the needs of my company, including guides for making it easy to use windowed envelopes.
  • It gives me a quick snapshot of where my financials are. I always have an idea of the financial in's and out's with just a click or two of my mouse.
  • QuickBook Pro reminds me when bills are due, and records easily when payments are made. I never have to worry about missing a payment because of the flag reminders.
  • It is software on my desktop computer at work, therefore, I cannot access it away from my office. This has been somewhat inconvenient, but I am aware that there are online options with QuickBooks that we are strongly considering for the future.
  • Sometimes it is difficult to edit a list item. There is some inconvenience of not being able to right click and permanently edit a list item within an invoice. Instead you have to go to a menu item, look it up and then edit the item instead of being able to edit the original item within an invoice. You can, however, change the information within the invoice, you just aren't able to make permanent changes to the line item without going into the line item menu.
  • When I am paying bills, I am not able to attach a receipt or list a notation about a payment confirmation number. That usually has to be done in the invoice itself, instead of in the 'pay bills' screen, which, at times, can be a hassle.
QuickBooks is perfect for a small business. I have been using it for several years and it is simple enough for a start-up company to be able to figure out how to use it. There are also usually classes offered in local communities to help teach the basics of QuickBooks - which I took, that helped me become familiar. It may work for a larger business, but may not have the ease needed for managing multiple locations as it is somewhat cumbersome to switch between sets of books.
Read Erika Neilson's full review
Les Klassen Hamm profile photo
December 11, 2018

Review: "QuickBooks Pro - Good for the little guy"

I use QuickBooks Pro in a sole proprietor business. Thus I do all the accounting/QuickBooks work as well as running the business. That means I use every relevant part of the program (I don't have other staff to hand the complicated parts to), and it also means that it needs to be usable by non-accountants. It needs to make sense to me so I can focus my energies on running my business, not spending all my time figuring out how to fix credit errors, for instance.
  • Basic, daily tasks are simple, easy to find, and intuitive.
  • Fixing my own input errors is surprisingly easy. I'm happy I don't have to run down the rabbit hole of double-entry details for minor corrections. And there's an audit log to keep track of what I've done.
  • When I get stuck with how to do something, a quick google search easily reveals other users asking and solving the same issue, because there are so many QuickBooks users.
  • Integrating other software into QuickBooks seemed quite complicated. I was happy when I got it working. I suspect moving to QB online would also solve that.
  • I have IT clients who use QuickBooks Pro on a network, and occasionally a year upgrade creates some real challenges to get the multi-user access working again.
  • Setting up QuickBooks to send invoices directly via email can be a real pain to get working properly. This has probably been the most frustrating thing I've done with QuickBooks, and sadly, multiple times. That setup process needs fixing, especially its ability to work on systems with multiple email clients and systems where the email client has changed or been upgraded.
I support clients who use QuickBooks and some who use Simply Accounting, and the QuickBooks users seem uniformly happier with their choice, except for one or two large and more complex organizations.

It does everything I need but doesn't slow me down. It also saves me a lot of time at tax time.
Read Les Klassen Hamm's full review
Glen Gehrkens, PHR, SHRM-CP profile photo
December 10, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Good for smaller companies."

We used QuickBooks Pro in our finance, payroll, and Human Resource departments. It handled all of our accounting functions, to include AR. Payroll was a shared process with Human Resources. Human Resources also used it as a de facto HRIS system since the company did not have one in place.
  • Payroll - fairly easy process to learn and repeat accurately.
  • General ledger easy to set up and understand.
  • Building custom reports for financials, payroll, and employee info is not difficult.
  • Tracking employee changes, like pay rates, benefits, etc. This is a 100% manual process and there is no audit trail.
  • Inability to access the system and make changes when another user is logged in.
Works well with companies up to 75 or so employees. Any more than that and I think you will open yourself up to potential payroll tax issues. There is not much guidance from the software, so it is possible to make a costly mistake. Your finance and payroll employees will need to be compliance experts.
Read Glen Gehrkens, PHR, SHRM-CP's full review
Derek Letellier profile photo
December 07, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Incremental improvements, but fundamentally the same for 20 years"

Quickbooks Pro handles the accounting needs of our small to mid-sized business. We are able to handle everything from quotes, invoices, receiving payments, paying vendors, and handling deposits from a single application. Different departments can handle different aspects of the accounting system, and it is relatively easy to determine what sorts of users have access to which data.
  • Handling all accounting needs from A to Z
  • Providing the ability for multiple users to access only the parts of the system that they need
  • Recent updates to fix long-standing glitches
  • The graphical interface hasn't changed in nearly two decades
  • The program itself is clunky and inefficient in terms of its programming
  • Very few substantial changes across the yearly updates
Quickbooks is great for small businesses to handle their accounting needs. For small teams, the Pro version has everything you'd need. There is a limit for three concurrent users, so if you have many people who need access to the accounting system you'll want to explore alternative solutions besides Quickbooks Pro.
Read Derek Letellier's full review
Matt Newquist, CPA profile photo
December 07, 2018

Review: "QuickBooks Pro - divided whether to "love it" or "list it"!"

QuickBook Pro is currently our G/L system. It is used for our G/L activity and reporting by a few individuals in the organization.
  • Bank reconciliations: good tool to quickly reconcile bank statements to bank register.
  • Chart of accounts: generally easy to set-up and manage.
  • Bank load: accurately load bank and credit card transactions.
  • Limited non-profit functionality (fund accounting).
  • Limited number of dimensions.
  • Reporting tool is difficult to make custom reports.
QuickBooks Pro is well suited for very basic accounting needs. It also has a payroll and accounts payable feature which my organization does not use. It is generally easy to navigate and perform the accounting tasks. The biggest drawback is not having a non-profit feature within the Pro software.

It is not suited for those with complex organizations that would need multiple dimensions such as project and region.
Read Matt Newquist, CPA's full review
Troy Alcorn profile photo
December 06, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Excellent time-saving product"

QuickBooks Pro is being used for time entry, project tracking, paying bills and invoicing.
  • Invoicing - time and purchases are easily entered and transferred to invoices that can be printed or emailed with little effort.
  • Integration with merchant services to receive payments is smooth and requires just a few clicks.
  • Estimates do not flow well. Seems it should create invoices much easier.
  • Inventory is a nightmare and convoluted.
Well Suited:
If you need to keep track of your financial data for taxes.
Read Troy Alcorn's full review
December 17, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "QuickBooks is THE accounting software for business"

Daily bookkeeping, A/R, A/P, reporting, reconciliations, budgeting and forecasting. The accounting department is outsourced to a contractor with the President & CEO having oversight. However, all have access and utilize QB on a daily basis for all financials within the organization.
  • A/R-A/P Particularly with forecasting, budgeting and tracking
  • Vendor tracking - Utilizing as a vendor information database with contact information and tax information is helpful.
  • Customer tracking - Utilizing the Customer portal to track payments for all tuition for school and also billing/invoicing.
  • Reports can manipulated for month end and quarterly reporting.
  • Multi-user -with different access points for vendor, employee and audit firm usage.
  • Design layout - graphics are a bit dated
  • Color schemes - would be nice to customize
  • Multi/single user notification - It would be helpful to know what mode it is when logging in in case you need it changed offsite with other users using the system remotely.
QuickBooks Pro is well suited for daily financial tracking and reporting. QuickBooks Pro can sometimes not be as useful with non-profit accounting in a sense of forecasting due to the fluctuating programming and inability to budget in this way.
December 14, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Meh"

Quickbook Pros is an accounting software for small businesses. We are a small to medium small business backed by a large company and have found that QuickBook Pro is used to ensure that our financials all balance out at the end of each month and at the end of each quarter. Particularly we appreciate that we can end a year with the right numbers.
  • Visuals - Appealing to the eye and the design is makes it easy to process information.
  • Navigation - The user experience is incredible. Low learning curve.
  • Support - the 24/7 live rep and the online support helps for anything you can't figure out on your own.
  • Glitch heavy - the program is great when it works.
  • Tax management - we wish it had a tax capability.
  • Purchase order creation leaves much to be desired.
It's okay. It's not great. We use it to ensure our numbers are accurate from a billing and invoicing focus. There are other products out there that do this and include fund accounting and tax management. If you could make a noise to associate with this product, we would use "meh."
December 10, 2018

User Review: "QuickBooks Pro"

We use QuickBooks Pro in our accounting department. The program is very user friendly and easy to manage. We enter journal entries to track our bank activity and internal transfers, we also use QuickBooks Pro to cut checks and pay our accounts. We have 7 entities and use QuickBooks Pro to manage all of them. Moving from from entity to another is seamless and convenient.
  • Immediate updates to reporting
  • Able to manage multiple entities
  • Vendor tracking and 1099 organization
  • Multi user mode has glitches, often we cannot have multiple users in the same entity.
  • QuickBooks Pro is expensive and the support for the versions expires if you don't upgrade. This is discouraging, especially for small companies like mine.
  • It would be great if we could import info into journal entries via excel rather than enter each line individually.
QuickBooks Pro is well suited for companies of any size and can even work for companies that manage multiple entities separately or related to each other. QuickBooks Pro is also well suited for the tracking or bank transactions and management of accounts receivable and accounts payable as well as inter company accounts and depreciation
November 30, 2018

"QuickBooks Pro Review!"

QuickBooks Pro is currently being used by our HR Operations team, as well as accounting. I currently manage users of this software, as well as using it myself. I use the reports and inventory lists to create my invoices, as well as using the very detail reporting and analytics features. This software is user friendly enough that someone with little experience can navigate it easily, but it contains components complex enough for those requiring detailed reporting and analytics to easily get the information they need fast. It allows the business to be more efficient with its time.

• AR and AP reporting has become much easier and more efficient.
  • Extremely organized for invoicing to clients. Allows for customizing certain aspects such as data that needs to be on the specific forms.
  • The user interface is flexible and customizable and there are features available to please the most basic and complex of users. Easy to train other team members on this as well.
  • A bit costly compared to other softwares; having multiple users becomes increasingly more expensive.
  • Lacks safeguards against importing the same data multiple times.
  • Not very customizable and does not seem to learn rules as quickly as other softwares we have used, which can get frustrating.
The features and main tab items are not weighted by what Intuit thinks the user will want to see, as they are in QuickBooks Online. What this results in is that it is easier in QB Desktop to find the functionality that you need. It also makes QB Desktop a better tool for beginners, and for training beginners on this tool. Our teams use this for a lot of functions and so efficiency is key. The advanced search feature on the user desktop is excellent. It allows you to search on so many parameters without first narrowing what kind of transaction you wish to search. Multi-user access is costly, which is definitely less appropriate for a large organization.
December 07, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Quick Books Pro"

We use it across the whole organization. It tracks our job costs, revenue and billings.
  • Very user friendly interface.
  • Logical layout and easy to navigate.
  • Ability to drill down in most fields to provide additional details and information.
  • We have experienced some issues when using the product with Adobe Acrobat and lost the ability to save PDFs. This ability has been restored but was a concerning nuisance at the time.
  • No other issues.
Simple to use for construction accounting processes.
December 07, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "QuickBook Pro a Tool for Small Businesses"

QuickBooks handles all our accounting needs (from procurement through payment). We particularly like its ease of use, ability to specify workflow hierarchy, link to purchasing order processing, check and auto payment options. It is reliable and maintained through periodic updates. It is a very cost-effective solution for a business our size.
  • Handles purchase orders and purchase order processing
  • Allows tracking of expense categories
  • Writing checks
  • Automated payment processing
  • Banking reconciliations
  • Built-in help file should be updated and made a bit more intuitive with enhanced searching capabilities
For our small business with limited resources, it provides a cost-effective and reliable solution. Various functionalities are built in and can be used in the sponsor options. It is flexible in terms of set up.
Meredith Turcotte profile photo
January 25, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "I deal for the professional or new users"

We use QuickBooks Pro for a majority of our business clients. We also use it for our firm's accounting and payroll. It provides the functionality necessary to keep accurate financial records while being easy enough for he clients to use themselves.
  • Expenses and accounts payable - QuickBooks Pro allows users to input bills, write checks, and post debit transactions easily. The Write Checks function helps new or inexperienced users by offering a familiar interface to input the transaction, while more experienced users have other options that allow faster entry, while still capturing the necessary information.
  • Bank reconciliations - The software makes reconciling bank and credit card statements easy
  • Customizable Chart of Accounts and classes - Users and take advantage of the highly customizable Chart of Accounts and Class feature to categorize income and expenditures and produce reports that are valuable to them. You are only really limited by how much detail you want to input to the transactions.
  • Preparing 1099s - It would be great if it were possible to exclude a particular expense from 1099 reporting. Sometimes a non-reportable expense (such as a reimbursement) is posted to a expense account that would normally be reportable. I would like not to have to create a sub-account, or manually exclude it at the end of the year. It would also be nice if there was a way to indicate the type of entity for a vendor. Sometimes, the name does not make it clear and I would like to be able to tell at a glance why it has been excluded.
  • Payroll - allow more than one salary item on a single payroll check. Occasionally, a pay rate will change mid-period and it is necessary to have two salary rates in one check. Right now, we have to fake it out using a calculated hourly rate.
  • Improve the downloaded transactions function. This is one of the only things that QuickBooks Online does better than the desktop version. Currently, the bank feeds function is awkward and unnecessarily complicated to use.
I have found QuickBooks to be very well suited to small to medium sized businesses that have mostly "normal" payrolls. I have had good success in working with non-profits that use QBP to track donors and to split transactions between program and admin for tax and reporting purposes. Businesses that are very specific in their needs, like construction, or that have very complicated payrolls or vendor payments (eg commissions, percentage calcs, etc.) may benefit from a software that is more specifically designed for their needs.
Read Meredith Turcotte's full review
AK Cyrway profile photo
January 17, 2018

QuickBooks Pro Review: "Quickbooks - Begrudgingly Necessary For Today's Business"

Quickbooks Pro has been our accounting software since before I started working at the shop. We use it for our payroll, checking, invoicing and billing, and credit card management. While not the easiest programme to learn, it at least maintains a standard of use throughout its versions.
  • Check Register and Check-Writing is top-notch and intuitive
  • Reminders for tax payments, liability payments, bill payments, invoices are easy to find
  • reconciliations are laid out in a clear manner
  • Tech support transparency: most problems we come across were fixed with a company recovery from a previous backup file. When we first had issues, calling tech support had involved remote access, cursor moving around to random menu items, then telling me that it would require them to repair the file in-house and that we would be charged for the repair.
  • Tech support in general: the times we had called for tech support, we were greeted by either a script reader or a tech rep who threw technobabble in such a way that it made me, someone who has an IT background, a little leery of calling them again.
  • Resource management: Quickbooks is a RAM eater. Quickbooks is best as one of one or two foreground programmes running; any more, especially with a graphics programme, and even our RAM-heavy design computer slows down.
  • Allow a choice of integrated browsers rather than using Internet Explorer.
  • Forced to update every three years to maintain services.
Quickbooks is best in companies with employees, and multiple checking, credit card, and loan accounts. I would recommend self-employed, single person, or home-based businesses (those who do not need to do payroll) to do more research on available products before settling on Quickbooks.
Read AK Cyrway's full review
Heather Pellegrini profile photo
January 16, 2018

Review: "QuickBooks Pro for even your least Tech Savvy business owner!"

Quickbooks Pro is used to keep track of all financial transactions from the checkbook to bills and invoices. By using Quickbooks pro we were able to streamline our bill paying process and keep more accurate records. By allowing us to invoice directly through QuickBooks we keep better records of our accounts receivable. Even our least technical user has no problem navigating in QuickBooks.
  • Invoice templates make setting up invoicing a breeze
  • Categorizing transactions so they are billed to the right departments or cost centers
  • Layout is extremely easy to navigate for even the least tech-savvy user
  • Reporting functions have great flexibiltily to create custom reports as well as already having the basic reports built in
  • Sharing with the accountant couldn't be any easier!
  • Depending on the financial institution used connecting to automatically download transaction is tricky
  • Renaming rules in the online version is not user-friendly and defaults on its own lumping most transactions together (IE: everything that comes in as a check # becomes renamed to the last vendor a check was written to & recorded)
  • Desktop version is much more user friendly in general than the online version
The desktop version of QuickBooks pro has been a lifesaver for our business. We easily can track all transactions, bills, and invoices and keep up with account receivables & payables. We love being able to track costs per job as well as by type of expenditure. Reports make it easy to analyze any aspect of our business. Our accountants' job has become so much easier since we switched to Quickbooks allowing us to complete our taxes in a timely manner each year.
Read Heather Pellegrini's full review
Carlos Sava profile photo
December 08, 2017

QuickBooks Pro Review: "My take on QuickBooks - the accounting standard for SMBs"

Quickbooks is the accounting standard for small businesses. The information from Quickbooks is used by everyone within the company. Keeping financial records is required for any business and Quickbooks is a simple way to do so.
  • Quickbooks is the standard and it does well to run reports and export them over various time periods and so on.
  • Sharing information with others and working with others is easy because of its ubiquity and people's familiarity with it.
  • Importing information from bank accounts is simple with banks that support file downloads in the supported format.
  • It would be better if Quickbooks integration with bank accounts was seamless
  • Quickbooks does not have features like ratio analysis built into the software
Quickbooks is well suited for people who are comfortable with accounting software. It is much more useful for certain industries such as manufacturing where there is more of a workflow from manufacturing, shipping, invoicing, receiving payments. Since it is ubiquitous people will find it easier to get support and help with it from sources like accountants or online videos.
Read Carlos Sava's full review
Tracie Jones profile photo
December 07, 2017

QuickBooks Pro Review: "An Accounting persons best friend !"

We use QuickBooks Pro for all facets of our accounting processes - invoicing, inventory control, A/P and A/R, reporting, payroll, quarterly and annual reporting, taxes etc. Currently, the only departments using QuickBooks within our organization are the accounting/human resources and operations departments. Having QuickBooks Pro has simplified many of the cumbersome processes involved in invoicing advertisers as well as paying affiliates. QuickBooks Pro makes it easy to see where the company is financially in just a few clicks of a button. I can run reports for just about any facet of my job and easily report back to my employer with vital information regarding cash flow, payroll, and inventory with confidence that the accuracy and viability are excellent.
  • Inventory Control - we are able to easily control what inventory comes in and goes out through our use of this feature.
  • Invoicing - we are able to easily invoice clients without the hassle of hand written (and sometimes illegible) invoices. Printing, emailing and saving invoices to a PDF make getting the invoices out seamless and allows cash flow to continue uninterrupted.
  • Billing - we use this feature in an unconventional way that allows us to see what we are paying out for services rendered by contract employees. Again super easy and seamless processing of outgoing funds.
  • The new updates coming in 2018 edition are covering some of my basic concerns and desires, for instance, the ability to stamp invoices PAST DUE within QuickBooks is going to be very useful for us.
  • I would like very much for the Bank Feeds center to work a bit less complicated perhaps direct linking to the bank as opposed to pulling the bank web address to access.
  • I work on three monitors, my current version will not allow me to utilize all three monitors. I understand the upgrade is going to fix that. I am very excited for this.
I think QuickBooks Pro is well suited to the daily actions I utilize it for - invoicing, entering bills, tracking credit card expenses, issuing payroll, reconciling bank accounts all happen daily for me. I have a colleague who uses QuickBooks for her manufacturing business and has some struggles that make QuickBooks a bit less appropriate for her industry. However, she has worked through many of those struggles using add-ons and externally compatible options.
Read Tracie Jones's full review
Shawn Petrunak profile photo
January 25, 2018

Review: "QuickBooks Pro was wonderful after the learning curve"

QuickBooks was used to process our rental and sales division at my previous employer, as well as used to manage our billing as a whole on the other side of the industry. I got to use it to process our accounts receivable and get a full understanding of how our finances worked. In addition, I am in the process of helping a friend start his own company and consulting him in how to use QuickBooks. I did take an online certification to become certified in QuickBooks Pro.
  • Allows for good itemized management for a rental/sales role
  • Easy to allow multiple users to have varying levels of accessibility
  • Ability for multiple people to be working in the same database at the same time was very useful
  • If there were the possibility on QuickBooks for multiple users to edit the same page at the same time (like google sheets) it would be extremely useful
  • The learning database provided by quickbooks could've been a little simpler
  • It would be nice for QuickBooks to be able to integrate a mail server like a MailChimp
QuickBooks is well suited for companies where people are already relatively well versed in other accounting software. While it is a delightful software with a lot of varying uses, at times I felt that the learning curve for QuickBooks was relatively overwhelming. However, once I had the hang of what I was doing, it was nice to be able to do rather advanced things.
Read Shawn Petrunak's full review

Pay calculation (38)
Benefit plan administration (18)
5.5
Direct deposit files (34)
Salary revision and increment management (30)
Reimbursement management (29)
API for custom integration (22)
Plug-ins (27)
6.4
Single sign-on capability (51)
Role-based user permissions (59)
Dashboards (58)
Cash management (58)
Bank reconciliation (65)
Expense management (63)
Time tracking (30)
Fixed asset management (37)
Multi-currency support (16)
Multi-division support (29)
Regulations compliance (20)
Electronic tax filing (27)
Self-service portal (21)
Global Financial Support (7)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (11)
Intercompany Accounting (12)
Localizations (7)
Journals and Reconciliations (28)
Enterprise Accounting (15)
Configurable Accounting (17)
Centralized Rules Framework (9)
Standardized Processes (20)
5.5
Manufacturing module (8)
Pricing (31)
Order entry (30)
Credit card processing (29)
Cost of goods sold (34)
Order Orchestration (6)
End-to-end order visibility (10)
Order exception Resolution (6)
6.0
Branded client dashboards (11)
6.5
Client data roll-up capabilities (10)
6.2
Client data consolidation for benchmarking (9)
Configurable alerts (12)
Billing bypass (8)
6.5
Client template cloning (7)
Single sign-on (10)
Configurable client onboarding questions (6)
6.2
Cross-client workflow management (6)
Industry-specific versioning (14)
6.5
Legacy system data migration (7)

About QuickBooks Pro

Quickbooks Pro is accounting software from Intuit, Inc. It allows a user to create invoices and track sales, enter and pay bills from vendors, and download bank and credit card transactions directly into QuickBooks. It contains analytic features, and its reports can be exported into Excel. Its home page conveys an overview of business activity at a glance, providing insight into business processes. Quickbooks Pro for Windows Desktop can be obtained presently for a one-time purchase fee of $230, while Quickbooks Pro Plus is available for $200 annually as a cloud-based service with the support, data backup, and free updating typical of cloud-based services.

QuickBooks Pro Integrations