Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation Reviews

Nancy Bergantzel CF APMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 13, 2018

Qvidian - it's not just for document management

Alternatives Considered

I was not part of the selection process. But I think it measures up to others that I have seen demoed. I feel like they listen to their customers/partners and always bring new tools out each year that have proven valuable. It integrates with Salesforce as well for document creation.
Read Nancy Bergantzel CF APMP's full review
Gerald Thompson | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 01, 2015

Qvidian Enables Sales Success!

• SAVO,XaitPorter,Qorus,propLIBRARY.com
Of the competitive vendor demos I have reviewed over the years, each may have its own strength. Some may be set up to drive compelling differentiators or solutions (E.g., propLIBRARY.com). Some may be built on existing CRMs (E.g., Qorus). Some may have tablet-friendly interfaces (E.g., SAVO). Others focus on collaboration (E.g., XaitPorter). There is nothing wrong with any of these models. You will just have to perform your own gap analysis and see what best addresses your needs.

For Blackboard Inc., none of the aforementioned competition offered a holistic and robust replacement for our current PA tool. We have senior writers to craft compelling differentiators. We use SFDC, not SharePoint as our EA CRM. While our strategic writing and architectural needs outweigh having the slickest tablet-friendly user interface, we still have an interface and user experience that is geared toward usability and performance while being cognizant of adoption.

New collaborative tools are a big draw, especially when responding to private sector proposals with a 10-to-20 day turnaround. However, not only has this not been a pain point for us (we currently have a versioning process in place) but the conversion and adoption hurdles just for one feature where there is already a workaround in place does not justify the migration.
Read Gerald Thompson's full review
Susan Madden | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 25, 2015

Makes my job easier!

• Compass
We have been using Qvidian for years, when Compass was introduced in our company. Having spent over a year using Compass, I would not recommend it for writing proposals. In all fairness, that is not Compass' strength.

Compass is ok for general document sharing for informational purposes. It does have a Presentation Builder function for creating PowerPoint presentations, but it is cumbersome and not very flexible. Specifically, the linkage is awkward and files may have to be re-linked when they are updated. In addition, the architecture only allows you to create a couple of levels of content. The search function is very limited. Compass is a newer project and has not fully matured.
Read Susan Madden's full review
Brian Kravitz | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2014

All the features you need with just a couple of small snags along the way.

Alternatives Considered

Back in 2012 when we were evaluating new software, the only other choice we looked at was PMAPS. At the time, it had a very dated user interface and its functionality was far behind what Qvidian was currently offering. I can't speak for how PMAPS has evolved today, because I've had no reason to look into it further since we got Qvidian. At the time, though, there was really no question in my opinion as to which software was better suited for my department's needs.
Read Brian Kravitz's full review
Mark Bushee | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 09, 2014

Qvidian offers best-in-class proposal support

Alternatives Considered

While the market for proposal automation tools has changed greatly over the last five years, Qvidian has been at the forefront of innovation and responding to customer needs. Part of this has been through acquisitions, which enables them to feature the best functionalities of their (former) competitors. In my experience, other tools are far less advanced than Qvidian's and are not as innovative in their functionality.
Read Mark Bushee's full review
Peter Whittam | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 13, 2015

I propose Qvidian

Alternatives Considered

Qvidian was the most cost effective and easy to use automation software we came across while looking to purchase a proposal automation software package. The support team and training also was head and shoulders above the competition.
Read Peter Whittam's full review
Amy Stiver, CF.APMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 15, 2014

A great tool to increase productivity and end-product quality!

Alternatives Considered

In the past, we have utilized our internal server and Qvidian's predecessor, Kadient. The server stores information, but does not allow automated project building, so no time is saved. Additionally, merge codes are none existent, thereby increasing time spent on documents in order to research current data points. Kadient was not as intuitive or functional as Qvidian.
Read Amy Stiver, CF.APMP's full review
Jane Burgess | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2014

Why you'll never use anything else.

Alternatives Considered

Qvidian's customer service versus that of AccountEdge is like night and day. I was on the phone for hours with AccountEdge only to have my issue left unresolved and me disgruntled. Qvidian has always promptly responded to any issues I may have throughout the day and stayed with me until my concerns were remedied. To top it off, my account executive, and every other individual involved with my particular account, has always made me feel like I am the only customer they have. The personal level really makes a difference.
Read Jane Burgess's full review
Sally Stewart-McKinnie | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2014

Thanks Goodness for the 'Q'

Alternatives Considered

The 'Q' has been in place since I joined the company and this is the only proposal automation software I have used. While I have not used any of the competitions products I would assume that they need to be at the very least close to the services that the 'Q' provides. Other wise they are lacking and have a lot of work to do.
Read Sally Stewart-McKinnie's full review
Charlie Sim | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2014

Qvidian Works Well for Simple Proposals and RFPs

Alternatives Considered

PMAPS is much more intuitive and search is more configurable, but in the end Qvidian is cheaper, and has an auto-build feature that while it's not useful to me, it can be useful to others creating simple proposals. For more complicated proposals, I would use another software, but for relatively simple proposals, Qvidian does well.
Read Charlie Sim's full review
Glenda Nunez | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 22, 2014

Qvidian review within an RFP Desk

Alternatives Considered

Proposal Software.com (PMAPS) - slightly high in prce than qvidian. It is virtually the same concept of Qvidian, just had more knowledge of Qvidian
RFP Monkey - this software has only library capabilities and limited customer support, no document production, no user and/or role management, no included bulk load
Xinnovator - did not evaluate
Symvoli - did not evaluate
Read Glenda Nunez's full review
February 22, 2014

Could be better with some tweaks!

• Pragmatech
We had to get rid of Pragmatech because it was no longer supported, and when all of our computers got upgraded, we could no longer use it. Pragmatech made it easier to search for, edit, and add new records to the database.
February 19, 2014

Good content repository

• RFP Machine (now owned by Qvidian) and SharePoint
We selected Qvidian due to our positive experience with Pragmatech's RFP Machine.

Proposal branding (1)
Proposal templates (1)
Proposal content library updates (1)
Guided proposal creation (1)
Searchable proposal database (1)
RFP management & response (1)
Proposal collaboration & approval (1)
User permissions/proposal editing controls (1)
Sales proposal workflow (1)
Proposal automation user interface (1)

About Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation

Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation is a cloud-based RFP and proposal automation software that is designed to empower enterprises to win more business by streamlining processes, improving productivity, and creating more effective sales documents. The vendor’s value proposition is that Qvidian is an enterprise-grade proposal automation solution, providing security, compliance, and simplicity at scale to more than 1,000 companies and 200,000 users worldwide.

According to the vendor, key features and benefits include:

- Content library, with all assets stored in approved language and branding

- AutoFill, to automatically fill in the most relevant answers to RFP questions

- Multi-step reviewer workflows to automate content approvals

- Visual dashboards to highlight actionable analytics

- Backed by an expert, professional services and consulting team

The vendor says, after launching Qvidian, on average, clients report a 40% increase in productivity, 30% reduction in RFP response times, and 28% increase in win rates.

Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation Features

Proposal Creation & Organization Features

Has featureProposal branding
Has featureProposal templates
Has featureProposal content library updates
Has featureGuided proposal creation
Has featureSearchable proposal database

Proposal Collaboration & Workflow Features

Has featureRFP management & response
Has featureProposal collaboration & approval
Has featureUser permissions/proposal editing controls
Has featureSales proposal workflow
Has featureProposal automation user interface

Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation Screenshots

Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation Integrations

Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation Competitors

Loopio, Proposal Management and Production System (PMAPS)

Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation Pricing

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
  • Entry-level set up fee?Optional

Please contact Qvidian for pricing details.

Qvidian RFP & Proposal Automation Customer Size Distribution