https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Jl/h8/UUKVPXASSP28.PNGGreat Company, Great Price for Total Solution ManagementWe needed a solution for IDS and IPS for our whole organization. After months of looking at providers of IDS and IPS we came upon RackFoundry and to my delight it has been amazing working with them. We have multiple sites that we need secured from attacks and their system is providing us that safety net, so that we can focus on our tasks at hand.,Implementation of their system has been completely flawless and is so seamless that no one in our company even knew that we implemented it at first. Working with RackFoundry's implementation team has been wonderful as well, they are very understanding of our needs and always are there to help. Customer service for Rack Foundry is great as well. This is always my first concern when working with a new company and I must say their customer service is top notch.,It has been my first year with Rack Foundry and at this point I have to say everything has been smooth, from implementation to support.,10,Just knowing that we are protected from attacks is our main objective and so far that sense of security is well worth the cost associated with it.,,AlienVault Unified Security ManagementGreat Security Solution for a Mid Size Business - FW/IPS/SIEMWe initially did a POC of RackFoundry's Total Security Management appliance as we were looking for Intrusion Prevention, Intrusion Detection and a Log Management tool. Their current solution allowed us to do more with less. As with all security we really had a tight budget for the fiscal year. Total Security Management allowed us to procure multiple security functions instead of a single product. I can say I am not disappointed with the product as we passed our PCI compliance, however it does take some time for it to boot up. The setup was easy and took less than 30 minutes and my preferences were set in a span of 2 weeks. Easy to use and user friendly for my team for a mid size asset count.,All-in-one solution that covers all the essentials and basic of security needs Unique methodology way for cost effective enterprise security solution Help exceed compliance as their interface allows you to tailor your compliance needs Simple and friendly customizable user interface dashboard Unique function: Ask an Expert Premium fully manage automatic updates with access Deployable Security Modules that encompass IPS/IDS/SIEM/VA/FW Knowledgeable engineers, who helped improve our overall infrastructure by making it more secure,Ask an Expert takes takes 2-48 to hours respond. I've seen them take up to 47 hours on an unknown log, however it has never been greater than 48 hours. Initial configuration took 2-3 weeks to adapt to my team's preference. Professional service days are expensive.,8,We were able to have greater security visibility because of the IDS and the SIEM feature. If we did not choose RackFoundry's Appliance, we probably would have only had 2 security functions that has limited features. Instead we have multiple security functions and had a little extra budget to use towards new equipment. The device has allowed me to use my time more effectively at work. Instead of having some of my staff dedicate their time towards sifting through logs, we are able to see actionable data and react faster.,Barracuda Web Application Firewall, Cisco ASA, HP Arcsight, LogRhythm and Splunk,Palo Alto Networks PA-200, Amazon Web Services, Cisco ASA
Appliance (hardware, virtual and SaaS)
RackFoundry Total Security Management

RackFoundry Total Security Management Reviews

RackFoundry Total Security Management
Filter 6 vetted RackFoundry Total Security Management reviews and ratings
Jonathan DiRusso profile photo
September 06, 2016

RackFoundry Total Security Management Review: "Great Company, Great Price for Total Solution Management"

• Implementation of their system has been completely flawless and is so seamless that no one in our company even knew that we implemented it at first.
  • Working with RackFoundry's implementation team has been wonderful as well, they are very understanding of our needs and always are there to help.
  • Customer service for Rack Foundry is great as well. This is always my first concern when working with a new company and I must say their customer service is top notch.
  • It has been my first year with Rack Foundry and at this point I have to say everything has been smooth, from implementation to support.
From a cost perspective, I have found that you get more bang for you buck with RackFoundry. I have been researching IDS and IPS companies for months and the cost has always been astronomical, until I came upon RackFoundry. If you need an all in one solution for IDS & IPS, I would highly recommend that you give this company a call.
Read Jonathan DiRusso's full review
August 10, 2016

RackFoundry Total Security Management Review: "Great Security Solution for a Mid Size Business - FW/IPS/SIEM"

• All-in-one solution that covers all the essentials and basic of security needs
  • Unique methodology way for cost effective enterprise security solution
  • Help exceed compliance as their interface allows you to tailor your compliance needs
  • Simple and friendly customizable user interface dashboard
  • Unique function: Ask an Expert
  • Premium fully manage automatic updates with access
  • Deployable Security Modules that encompass IPS/IDS/SIEM/VA/FW
  • Knowledgeable engineers, who helped improve our overall infrastructure by making it more secure
  • Ask an Expert takes takes 2-48 to hours respond. I've seen them take up to 47 hours on an unknown log, however it has never been greater than 48 hours.
  • Initial configuration took 2-3 weeks to adapt to my team's preference.
  • Professional service days are expensive.
RackFoundry Total Security Management (TSM) is suited for most companies that have the same challenge as my team had. If you are looking to purchase one security tool and spend most of your allocated budget then I would not recommend this for you. However, if you are looking for something close to a single pane of glass, (granted there is no such thing) this solution does come close as they have the main components built in such as their FW/IPS/IDS/SIEM. Before selecting RackFoundry we had two options which were: 1) Upgrade our current solution and spend an overbearing amount 2) Search for new vendors and maybe procure 1-3 devices and then manually integrate them. Because this was a unified console and integration between devices was simple, we were able to obtain 4-6 security functions and we even had some sense of security visibility via the SIEM. It's not as powerful as Splunk or LogRhythm, but it definitely does the job.

RackFoundry Total Security Management Scorecard Summary

Centralized event and log data collection (2)
Correlation (2)
Event and log normalization (2)
9.6
Deployment flexibility (2)
10.0
Integration with Identity and Access Management Tools (2)
Custom dashboards and views (2)
9.6
Host and network-based intrusion detection (2)

About RackFoundry Total Security Management

RackFoundry Total Security Management offers a complete solution featuring powerful firewall, VPN, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, SIEM, automated vulnerability scanning and log management that is monitored by the vendor’s security operations center.  According to the vendor, it is the first completely consolidated security device that allows SMEs to have complete coverage in a simple, cost-effective and resilient platform combining a fully managed device with sophisticated automated defenses.

RackFoundry Total Security Management Features

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Features
Has featureCentralized event and log data collection
Has featureCorrelation
Has featureEvent and log normalization
Has featureDeployment flexibility
Has featureIntegration with Identity and Access Management Tools
Has featureCustom dashboards and views
Has featureHost and network-based intrusion detection
Has featureStateful Firewall
Has featureSSL VPN Server
Has featureWeb Application Firewall
Has featureVulnerability Assessments
Has featureLog Management
Has featureAsk an Expert
Has featureFully Managed (optional)

RackFoundry Total Security Management Integrations

Syslog (any), Microsoft Logging, Active Directory/LDAP

RackFoundry Total Security Management Competitors

Entry-level set up fee?Optional

RackFoundry Total Security Management Support Options

RackFoundry Total Security Management Technical Details

Deployment Types:On-premise, SaaS
Operating Systems: Appliance (hardware, virtual and SaaS)