Rackspace in San Antonio, Texas offers their Cloud Hosting service with optional cloud backup and CDN, and which integrates technology acquired from Cloudkick in 2010 for infrastructure monitoring supporting event monitoring and reporting, real-time alerts, and comprehensive visibility and reporting capabilities.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/Gc/X3/4HLJRH0NW34T.pngRackspace Email HostingRackspace offers a wide array of cloud-based hosting services. We are currently just using Rackspace for email hosting. We use their email service for the whole business. We use Rackspace for email hosting because it is very flexible to run on Outlook, Apple Mail, etc., and can be accessed via a webmail URL. We use a SaaS company for our website currently, so with our email system being independent of that, we don’t have to worry about disruptions if we ever change providers.,Racksapce is quick and helpful when contacted for support. Rackspace is easy to set up and run on various email clients. The service is affordable and compares well with any similar services. It has a nice admin panel which is easy to follow and understand.,No real big issues with Rackspace itself. Some issues can occur with mail clients, but Rackspace support is helpful to sort them out.,10,We have had little disruption with our emails. I can think of only one problem in the last three years.Rackspace, solid vendor with great uptime and amazing supportRackpace Cloud is being used in two ways in our company, for file hosting and for their Managed Cloud Hosting platform. We use it across the entire company, and rely heavily on the cloud-based cloud system for many important aspects of the company. The Managed Cloud Hosting Platform is vital to our presence online, and we rely on Rackspace to provide industry-leading uptime, and have been rarely disappointed.,A great guarantee of uptime. Amazing support, who are available in moments via Chat. Has easy upgrades and downgrades between plans. Fair pricing (you get what you pay for).,During a couple of planned upgrades, the timeline was a bit ambiguous. There have been a few times when tech support seemed unhelpful. We've hit storage/CPU limit without much notice on a unique project.,9,Less time is spent in IT with Cloud Issues. Has more uptime then previous Cloud vendors. The pricing is a con, but easily justified with the robustness of Rackspace.,Liquid-Web and Amazon Cloud Drive,Liquid-Web, Amazon Cloud Drive, Microsoft Application ServerBy learning to operate more efficiently, Rackspace Cloud Monitoring will save you money!I use Rackspace Cloud Monitoring to simply monitor my cloud server. I am able to set up alerts based on just about anything. A simple example is If the server is using more than x% of allocated RAM. Using these alerts I can better decide on which resources my server needs, and most importantly which resources it doesn't. Not to mention, Rackspace Cloud Monitoring will let me know if my site goes down the second it happens. This is much better than finding out from your customers or boss...trust me. On a side note, Rackspace also has great customer support and will do a lot to help you get back up and running when something breaks. This base level (yet effective) support is included at no additional cost in our cloud hosting plan. Although Rackspace prides itself on customers only paying for resources they use, there are many resources that don't need to be used. Just because you pay a big hosting bill each month doesn't mean that your business will be okay online. It really takes a lot of tinkering around to find ways to perform better with less.,Prompt notifications Easy to use interface Great support at no additional cost Always available 24/7,It would be nice if there were more templates so that beginners could easily create complex monitors I seemed to stumble upon the cloud monitoring service after having Rackspace for a while,7,I have overpaid in the past for services I didn't need The steepish learning curve might slow things down at first I have learned a lot using Rackspace Cloud Monitoring!,,Zendesk, Hootsuite Pro, DropboxRS Cloud Monitoring Notify problems in real timeWe are an IT service company. We host our client custom web applications with a Rackspace managed cloud account. We use Rackspace's cloud monitoring as it's very helpful to our business. Rackspace's cloud monitoring service immediately send us notification emails if a service is down. For example, if an Apache service goes down or MySQL service goes down, we immediately get alerts from the monitoring service.,Immediate email notifications: In case a service is down on our servers, we get immediate email notifications via rackspace cloud monitoring service. This helps us to know about the issues and we get in contact with support team to get it resolved. Configuration on specific services: We can configure this monitoring on specific services. So for example if i don't want to get notified if MySQL concurrent users limit reached, then I do not need to configure this monitoring for MySQL. I can just use it whenever needed for defined services. Group emails and technical contacts emails: The monitoring service can send email alerts to a number of email addresses. Primarily the ones who are added as a technical contact. It helps all people get notified about any issue. Auto ticket management: Rackspace automatically creates a support ticket when a service is down and is notified by their monitoring service.,Text messages: Rackspace monitoring sends email notifications, but if they can send an SMS or text message or even call our phone when a service is down, that would be great.,9,It has helped with resolving the issues quickly. Hence we get better uptime. It has helped us with notifying on the issues immediately which helped us with notifying our clients before they came to us about the website down message.,Rackspace OpenStack and Monitis,Asana, Active Collab, lynda.com, GoDaddy, Monitis, Zoom, GoToMeeting, Pipedrive, Teamwork Projects, Sidekick, Pluralsight, Dropbox, Box, FileHold, Trello, Basecamp, UltiPro, Google Cloud Storage, Google Analytics, InVision
Rackspace Cloud Hosting
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>TRScore

Rackspace Cloud Hosting Reviews

Rackspace Cloud Hosting

Do you work for this company?

Filter 11 vetted Rackspace Cloud Hosting reviews and ratings

• Racksapce is quick and helpful when contacted for support.
  • Rackspace is easy to set up and run on various email clients.
  • The service is affordable and compares well with any similar services.
  • It has a nice admin panel which is easy to follow and understand.
  • No real big issues with Rackspace itself. Some issues can occur with mail clients, but Rackspace support is helpful to sort them out.
I think Rackspace’s email service could benefit almost anybody in any sized business, since it only charges for what you use, but it would be best to review any current hosting plan(s) that you already have to see if email is supported for no extra charges. There's no need to pay for something twice.
  • A great guarantee of uptime.
  • Amazing support, who are available in moments via Chat.
  • Has easy upgrades and downgrades between plans.
  • Fair pricing (you get what you pay for).
  • During a couple of planned upgrades, the timeline was a bit ambiguous.
  • There have been a few times when tech support seemed unhelpful.
  • We've hit storage/CPU limit without much notice on a unique project.
If you're looking for a hosting platform that offers real support people and will make sure your site is up and running, then Rackspace Cloud is for you. It's not the cheapest option, but when you need a "real" hosting platform I would recommend Rackspace. This also goes for their Cloud-based files and option. It's such a good platform.
Tyler Hildebrandt profile photo
  • Prompt notifications
  • Easy to use interface
  • Great support at no additional cost
  • Always available 24/7
  • It would be nice if there were more templates so that beginners could easily create complex monitors
  • I seemed to stumble upon the cloud monitoring service after having Rackspace for a while
I am highly likely to recommend Rackspace Cloud Monitoring to a colleague. This is assuming they have a decent background in working on cloud servers. If you don't mind digging in yourself to solve problems, then this is a great resource. If you are just learning how to set up servers on your own, then I recommend at least hiring someone to help you use the service. With that being said, Rackspace makes it easy for people you may hire to seamlessly work within your account. They get their own separate developer account.
Read Tyler Hildebrandt's full review
Steve Surya profile photo
  • Immediate email notifications: In case a service is down on our servers, we get immediate email notifications via Rackspace cloud monitoring service. This helps us to know about the issues and we get in contact with support team to get it resolved.
  • Configuration on specific services: We can configure this monitoring on specific services. So for example if i don't want to get notified if MySQL concurrent users limit reached, then I do not need to configure this monitoring for MySQL. I can just use it whenever needed for defined services.
  • Group emails and technical contacts emails: The monitoring service can send email alerts to a number of email addresses. Primarily the ones who are added as a technical contact. It helps all people get notified about any issue.
  • Auto ticket management: Rackspace automatically creates a support ticket when a service is down and is notified by their monitoring service.
  • Text messages: Rackspace monitoring sends email notifications, but if they can send an SMS or text message or even call our phone when a service is down, that would be great.
In the case of our non working hours, this service is excellent. Since the service auto creates a support ticket for the Rackspace team in case of a service being down, the support team can work on a support ticket and fix the issue for us. This is all automated and we don't even need to be involved most of times.
Read Steve Surya's full review