Rackspace in San Antonio, Texas offers their Cloud Hosting service with optional cloud backup and CDN, and which integrates technology acquired from Cloudkick in 2010 for infrastructure monitoring supporting event monitoring and reporting, real-time alerts, and comprehensive visibility and reporting capabilities.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Gc/X3/4HLJRH0NW34T.pngBy learning to operate more efficiently, Rackspace Cloud Monitoring will save you money!I use Rackspace Cloud Monitoring to simply monitor my cloud server. I am able to set up alerts based on just about anything. A simple example is If the server is using more than x% of allocated RAM. Using these alerts I can better decide on which resources my server needs, and most importantly which resources it doesn't. Not to mention, Rackspace Cloud Monitoring will let me know if my site goes down the second it happens. This is much better than finding out from your customers or boss...trust me. On a side note, Rackspace also has great customer support and will do a lot to help you get back up and running when something breaks. This base level (yet effective) support is included at no additional cost in our cloud hosting plan. Although Rackspace prides itself on customers only paying for resources they use, there are many resources that don't need to be used. Just because you pay a big hosting bill each month doesn't mean that your business will be okay online. It really takes a lot of tinkering around to find ways to perform better with less.,Prompt notifications Easy to use interface Great support at no additional cost Always available 24/7,It would be nice if there were more templates so that beginners could easily create complex monitors I seemed to stumble upon the cloud monitoring service after having Rackspace for a while,7,I have overpaid in the past for services I didn't need The steepish learning curve might slow things down at first I have learned a lot using Rackspace Cloud Monitoring!,,Zendesk, Hootsuite Pro, DropboxRS Cloud Monitoring Notify problems in real timeWe are an IT service company. We host our client custom web applications with a Rackspace managed cloud account. We use Rackspace's cloud monitoring as it's very helpful to our business. Rackspace's cloud monitoring service immediately send us notification emails if a service is down. For example, if an Apache service goes down or MySQL service goes down, we immediately get alerts from the monitoring service.,Immediate email notifications: In case a service is down on our servers, we get immediate email notifications via rackspace cloud monitoring service. This helps us to know about the issues and we get in contact with support team to get it resolved. Configuration on specific services: We can configure this monitoring on specific services. So for example if i don't want to get notified if MySQL concurrent users limit reached, then I do not need to configure this monitoring for MySQL. I can just use it whenever needed for defined services. Group emails and technical contacts emails: The monitoring service can send email alerts to a number of email addresses. Primarily the ones who are added as a technical contact. It helps all people get notified about any issue. Auto ticket management: Rackspace automatically creates a support ticket when a service is down and is notified by their monitoring service.,Text messages: Rackspace monitoring sends email notifications, but if they can send an SMS or text message or even call our phone when a service is down, that would be great.,9,It has helped with resolving the issues quickly. Hence we get better uptime. It has helped us with notifying on the issues immediately which helped us with notifying our clients before they came to us about the website down message.,Rackspace OpenStack and Monitis,Asana, Active Collab, lynda.com, GoDaddy, Monitis, Zoom, GoToMeeting, Pipedrive, Teamwork Projects, Sidekick, Pluralsight, Dropbox, Box, FileHold, Trello, Basecamp, UltiPro, Google Cloud Storage, Google Analytics, InVision
Rackspace Cloud Hosting

Rackspace Cloud Hosting Reviews

Rackspace Cloud Hosting
Filter 6 vetted Rackspace Cloud Hosting reviews and ratings
Tyler Hildebrandt profile photo
September 29, 2016

Rackspace Cloud Hosting: "By learning to operate more efficiently, Rackspace Cloud Monitoring will save you money!"

• Prompt notifications
  • Easy to use interface
  • Great support at no additional cost
  • Always available 24/7
  • It would be nice if there were more templates so that beginners could easily create complex monitors
  • I seemed to stumble upon the cloud monitoring service after having Rackspace for a while
I am highly likely to recommend Rackspace Cloud Monitoring to a colleague. This is assuming they have a decent background in working on cloud servers. If you don't mind digging in yourself to solve problems, then this is a great resource. If you are just learning how to set up servers on your own, then I recommend at least hiring someone to help you use the service. With that being said, Rackspace makes it easy for people you may hire to seamlessly work within your account. They get their own separate developer account.
Read Tyler Hildebrandt's full review
Steve Surya profile photo
May 05, 2016

Rackspace Cloud Hosting Review: "RS Cloud Monitoring Notify problems in real time"

• Immediate email notifications: In case a service is down on our servers, we get immediate email notifications via Rackspace cloud monitoring service. This helps us to know about the issues and we get in contact with support team to get it resolved.
  • Configuration on specific services: We can configure this monitoring on specific services. So for example if i don't want to get notified if MySQL concurrent users limit reached, then I do not need to configure this monitoring for MySQL. I can just use it whenever needed for defined services.
  • Group emails and technical contacts emails: The monitoring service can send email alerts to a number of email addresses. Primarily the ones who are added as a technical contact. It helps all people get notified about any issue.
  • Auto ticket management: Rackspace automatically creates a support ticket when a service is down and is notified by their monitoring service.
  • Text messages: Rackspace monitoring sends email notifications, but if they can send an SMS or text message or even call our phone when a service is down, that would be great.
In the case of our non working hours, this service is excellent. Since the service auto creates a support ticket for the Rackspace team in case of a service being down, the support team can work on a support ticket and fix the issue for us. This is all automated and we don't even need to be involved most of times.
Read Steve Surya's full review