Reviews (1-25 of 126)
- Tracking donor relationships.
- Analysis of giving patterns.
- Sometimes the system offers a bit too much flexibility, adding extraneous complexity.
- Cost - it's an excellent system, but the cost makes it a tough sell for a small org with limited resources.
- Enables the non-technical people in our department to do more of their own work.
- The analytical reports are very helpful and so easy to use.
- With RE NXT we have the ability to have unlimited users and we're thinking about the possibility of giving our volunteers access.
- It's so easy to access on phones and tablets.
- Blackbaud is providing excellent support for this product.
- It's hard to tell when all functionality will be available, but I think that Blackbaud is smart in rolling it out slowly.
- The pricing doesn't always seem very transparent.
- I'd like to see more training available for this product.
The one area that needs improvement is that the first line of support needs to know when to escalate the issue to the next level. Sometimes I explain my issue in great detail and they still start at the beginning of the support process without reading everything that i've written.
- Raiser's Edge NXT allows me, as the director of institutional advancement, to have have access to our donor database where ever I go, rather than depending on pulling donor information prior to visits. Access to pertinent information is at your fingertips!
- The ability to set report pushes to your email from RE NXT on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis is extremely convenient when wanting to promote transparency with our Head of School, CFO and Board. The graphs are easy "at a glance" information.
- Note taking after donor meetings is very convenient from your handheld mobile device! Much easier to get information in when it is fresh after a conversation, rather than waiting to return to the office.
- There are so many pros after using the the old Raiser's Edge for so long that it is difficult to think of cons. That said, it would be great to be able to use RE NXT instead of printing out old school phon-a-thon forms for calls, texts, eCampgains, etc. when it comes to peer-to-peer asking.
- NXT can show prospects or constituents that should be contacted before they lapse without the need for queries.
- NXT can easily pull up contact info for constituents without exact name-matching necessary.
- NXT can be accessed from any web browser.
- Better replication of action entry to match desktop version.
- Better replication of tasks to match desktop version.
- Auto-suggestion of constituents as search is typed could be improved.
- Easy to see entire profile of constituents
- Easy access from anywhere
- Great reporting features built in
- Tons of partners that make it easy to do anything in your database
- Would be nice to have an app
- Wish we could do everything in one place (and not have to switch to the database view)
- Very easy to use.
- Intuitive technology- not difficult to get up to speed.
- Flexible. Many areas are adjustable to the needs of our organization.
- Some of the search functions could use improvement.
- Alerting to email would be helpful.
- Record searches.
- Quick analysis of gift information.
- Assists in portfolio management with tags.
- Lists - Allow more fields for filtering and column displays.
- User security - assigning roles and security is cumbersome between NXT and Raisers Edge.
- Lists - Allow use of dynamic queries from RE.
- Email - allow the use of all email addresses that exist on a record. Also, discontinue the use of "Primary" as the default selection if you are still going to allow the use of only one.
- Include comments in the phone/email table display in NXT so that we can see them.
- Ease of access to donor information.
- Ability to run lists to sort prospects.
- It's easy to use on a mobile device.
- It should allow more access to enter or change donor records, and more features closer to Raiser's Edge.
- Ability to run a query in NXT.
- Ability to globally change records.
- RE NXT makes it very easy to find information.
- RE NXT has a user-friendly interface. You feel like you are using a website rather than a database.
- RE NXT is easy to login from anywhere, so users don't have to be logged into their own network. They can access is from any computer.
- RE NXT is still fairly new, so new functionality is being added all the time. It would be helpful to be able to do batch processes in NXT.
- One issue we have run into at times is that NXT is slow to load report information. It can lag as much as 2 days.
- It would be nice to be able to switch from NXT view to database view without having to do a separate login.
- User Interface. This is one of the best-looking products I've ever used, very clean and streamlined. Everything is very logically laid out, and the purpose of every box and button is crystal clear. Plus, you still have access to the old-school "Database View" for those people who have difficulty with change.
- Customization. If you don't like the way a screen is defaulted to look, you can move things around incredibly easily to make sure the things most important to you are where you need them to be.
- Company Involvement. Blackbaud is very invested in Raiser's Edge NXT, and they are constantly adding and changing things based on user feedback to provide an optimal experience. I feel like my concerns are always taken in to consideration, and there is ample opportunity to test out new functionality and provide feedback that really seem to be used.
- Accessibility. You can access both the NXT "Web View" and the Classic RE7 "Database View" from any device with internet access.
- Consistency of access. The number of times when connectivity (to the database view specifically) has been painfully slow is almost too high to count.
- Current features. Blackbaud is still building out lots of functionality, so there are many fields that you can't "filter" or sort on, and many database administration/management functions that cannot be done in the beautiful web view yet, which is frustrating.
- It's not fully compatible with RE7, in that certain fields have been renamed and certain fields are now now better than others for inputting certain data points. An adjustment in data entry and reporting may be required depending on how your organization has been using these fields, including changing historical data in order to make the best use of the powerful analytics tools.
As we have implemented use of RE NXT across several departments, administrators have been able to access valuable information relevant to their own departments on demand.
- Raiser's Edge NXT provides a way for us to share real time snapshots of current and evolving data with others in our organization who would normally not use the system.
- Raiser's Edge NXT allows us to highlight our successes and share data quickly and easily while also being able to update data and enter notes within one platform.
- Raiser's Edge NXT mobility allows those working outside the office and traveling to still have a live connection to giving and data. That platform creates a conduit for instant update of records and notes no matter where one of us is located.
- The mail integration feature available in Raiser’s Edge NXT is allowing us to send specific information to those outside the system with ease. This integration also saves us time by saving these communications directly into donor records.
- The integrated map feature of Raiser’s Edge NXT has made a positive difference for our Development Officers and Administrators during trips. They can instantly search an area they are planning to visit to contact additional donors as time allows and even add new visits during a trip based on a quick search of their surrounding area. This can be very helpful if a previous meeting is canceled or delayed and time is available to connect with additional constituents.
- The time frames set in the recent giving lists need to be more adaptable. The choices start at 7 days and then jump to 90 days. We often need to see something like 30 or 45 days instead.
- In general, I would like to see the ability to customize more within a list area. More options for sorting or culling a list by additional qualifiers like funds or appeals or campaigns would be great.
- Additional reporting options should be made available within the NXT system without having to utilize the database version.
In this day of instant information and rapidly changing dynamics, a system like Raiser’s Edge NXT can provide an edge over the competition to integrate advanced stewardship practices across an organization. Stewardship is what sets one organization apart from another - it is vital to have the tools to steward stakeholders effectively.
The current feedback structure for NXT is easy to use, and interactions with Blackbaud have been productive and transparent. They use input from the various organizations that make up their user base to continually improve the product.
- Interface is intuitive and attractive
- The system feels responsive and information loads quickly
- As a browser-based client, Raiser's Edge NXT offers mobility and the convenience of being used on mobile/tablet devices
- Does not effectively replace traditional Raiser's Edge software - most data entry is still required to be performed from the database software view
- Lists cannot currently be exported to other file formats to be viewed outside of the client (i.e. Excel, Notepad, Word, etc)
- Some information, such as donor action items, does not actively update both ways across NXT and the traditional database - for example, adding media to an action item on a donor record does not upload the media to be viewed in the database view
- NXT is web-based and does not require a third-party plugin like RE classic did, which makes it more user-friendly, especially for our gift officers.
- At first, we were frustrated by the limited functionality of NXT, and resorted to classic frequently, as we had done in the past. But we've been pleasantly surprised by the pace of development. Every month it seems that Blackbaud rolls out a new feature, and many of them have been immediately useful.
- Because we were already cloud-based with RE classic, switching to NXT was seamless and painless. It was simply turning on a new functionality, not losing anything. That aspect of it was very well thought out. I've seen transitions requiring data transfer go horribly wrong, and Blackbaud's approach avoided those pitfalls completely.
- Functionality was initially so limited that we did not use NXT much. But the improvements have come quickly, and we look forward to more. We love the Analyze feature, and as more customization is enabled there, we will use it more and more for our reporting.
- I haven't spent the time necessary to get NXT on my mobile device, and I have had officers come to me with difficulties in setting that up. One officer was able to without any problems. So this is an area that could possibly be more user-friendly.
- Within NXT's Analyze function, it is now possible to drill down into various appeals or life cycle categories to get a list of constituents. This is great information. The next step is being able to batch-apply actions, or simply print out the list. As it stands, both of those steps take a little more work than I hope they will.
- The implementation team is great to work with - they walk you through step-by-step, and try to make sure that mapping is correct before any data is transferred, which saves a lot of time, effort, and cleanup after the conversion.
- The mobile app is great - allows development personnel to quickly add or update information on donors on-the-spot and provides a snapshot of the donor's record.
- The dashboard and reporting features are very handy, easy to maneuver and personalize to the needs of the organization/user. Information can be seen at a glance for an overall view of any particular data.
- The required 18 hours of training before implementation for all users is a bit excessive. It is difficult to contain all of that information when it may be weeks or even months prior to actually having the system in place and usable.
- Pulling reports and queries can be cumbersome - attributes, filters, etc. can be confusing to the layperson who has little experience in database management.
- Much information can be found in different areas and that can be confusing.
- Mobility of being able to attend a variety of events and meetings while still staying in contact with donors.
- The analysis tools show a great picture of donor profiles and how we are attaining our goals.
- The overall look and feel are geared to the novice database user making it easy for them to get those quick lists of data.
- So far I don't see where you can create an action from an email message like you could in the database view prior to hosting.
- Being able to update more areas of addresses like the counties and regions. We work in one state but have five different regions.
- it would be nice to be able to select which user's portfolios can be accessed. We have a SVP that wants to see just a few, while we have regional directors that want to see only their direct reports.
- Online training
- Good at pipeline tracking.
- Good at showing statistics and analytics at a high level (down to real specifics) that assist with decision making and strategy.
- There is still a heavy reliance on RE7, meaning we have to use a program that looks like it was developed in 1990 for a majority of our work. This really needs to be resolved.
- The actions and notes feature are far superior to what is available in database only versions.
- I love the built-in analytic features. I have actually spent hours sorting and sifting and exploring the different options available. They are easy and intuitive to use and provide new insights into our constituency.
- I love the interface. I am comfortable in database view, but others are not. I've had great success with getting coworkers to log in, explore and add valuable information to records.
- I would like to see event and membership management incorporated into NXT. Like I mentioned earlier many of my coworkers are not comfortable with the database view and I am still having to pull reports for events and membership because these are not yet available in NXT.
- I would like to see OXL features added to NXT. While I love that I can quickly send an email to a single constituent I'd like to have the feature added to send an email to a list of constituents directly from NXT.
NXT is well suited for mobile access, note taking, action reminders and basic wealth information (there is an upgrade option for wealth info).
NXT is not well suited for event and membership management.
- The interconnectedness of the electronic communication and online gift giving options has reduced data entry hours in a big way.
- Assistance with Analytics and regular address checks keep the data correct and productive
- Online hosting has saved our IT department many heachaches especially when local servers went down.
- We used a third party vender to make events possible but switching everything event related to RE NXT was a huge relief. Less duplication, better income, better reporting and much less stress.
- I think the email receipts could be improved - both the automatic sends in response to online gifts and the ones generated via Mail functions.
- Sometimes our donor credit cards are refused even though they will go through when we try via another gateway
- To use the Tribute module we end up adding deceased individuals as constituents - which is unhelpful for us.
- Not having the ability to send iCards is a significant drawback for Tribute donations. I am sure Blackbaud is working on it but it should already be available.
- I'd like to see more peer2peer opportunity in the software rather than having to add additional products.
- Online training
- The ease of attaching media files
- The ease of navigation for the gift officers
- Gift officers can customize the view as they would like to see it
- Sky Reporting - ability to filter by gift type
- Media attachments transferable to DB side
- Sky Reporting - ability to filter by active and inactive funds
1. It is well suited for the needs of a gift officer and how they view the information needed to pursue prospect.
2. It has all the information for a gift officer in a one quick view.
3. It would be less appropriate for the data and gift entry side of the operations.
Raiser's Edge NXT Scorecard Summary
What is Raiser's Edge NXT?
Raiser's Edge NXT aims to be a complete fundraising and supporter management solution that enables nonprofit professionals to operate more efficiently and raise more support for their mission.
According to the vendor, key benefits include:
- Operate More Efficiently: Set a stable foundation for growth.
- Reach & Engage New Donors: Bring in new support to your organization.
- Retain & Expand Existing Donors: Protect and grow your donor base.
Raiser's Edge NXT Screenshots
Raiser's Edge NXT Videos (3)
Raiser's Edge NXT Downloadables
Raiser's Edge NXT Integrations
Raiser's Edge NXT Competitors
Raiser's Edge NXT Pricing
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Required
Raiser's Edge NXT Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Raiser's Edge NXT Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|