https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ZD/33/CNVPIQEMSPJJ.pngHelpful especially in prospectingI added the Rapportive extension 2 and 1/2 years ago. It's been nice to have. It helps me put a face to a name. When the LinkedIn profile pops up on the side it's nice to have the extra confirmation that I have the right email address.,It's very smooth. When I hover over an email address, the page pops up immediately. It quickly changes between profiles as I hover over different email addresses.,Sometimes it tells me I need to log into my LinkedIn profile when I've already logged in. It's weird. It seems to be when the email address is not found. Instead of just saying the email is not found, it tells me I need to log in. Just something I've noticed. Sometimes I get this weird thing where I go to compose an email and instead of having it open all the way to the right, it opens all the way to my left. I'm pretty sure Rapportive is what's causing it. It doesn't happen very often but sometimes I see that.,9,It gives me a little bit of an edge when working in a sales environment, particularly in prospecting.,I don't know of any reports available with Rapportive. I may not be using it to its full potential.,Salesforce.com, ZoomInfoRapportive for In-Inbox HighlightsI took it upon myself to use Rapportive, it is not something that my firm suggested, but I find that it is great to be able to see information from a potential client's LinkedIn profile right within my email inbox, and I'm glad that I found it. Even just seeing a picture of a potential client, who I sometimes won't meet in person for weeks or months after beginning to talk, is a great way to put a face to a name.,Finds a picture for your contact Provides concise, helpful info about the contact,Looking up and linking contacts with multiple email addresses,8,It has been a convenience tool for me, not a revenue generator, as I primarily use it for the in-inbox LinkedIn lookup,,I do not use it for reporting.,Insightly, Gusto, Xero, QuickBooks Online, Bill.comRapportive is great when it worksRapportive is being used on an individual basis across the sales team with free accounts to integrate linkedin profiles with emails you are viewing. I find it extremely helpful to see that snippet of information as I am responding to emails and to be able to click into profiles on the fly.,integrate linkedin profile with inbox click into linkedin from inbox view recent activity on social - twitter, facebook, linkedin,sometimes the extension breaks sometimes incorrect profiles pull in,8,not defined quantitatively - ROI is more in ease of use, reduced number of clicks to find the contextual data that I want,,I do not generate any reports in Rapportive.,HubSpot, Looker, Aviso InsightsRapportive ReviewI may be the only member of my team to utilize Rapportive but I use it to quickly connect the face and the name of my email recipients directly in my email client. For example, when I email John Doe I'm able to see John's LinkedIn profile and photo in the upper right corner of my email.,Rapportive allows me to put a face to an email address, which adds a human element to the generic email communication. The main benefit on Rapportive is that I can see the LinkedIn profile of the person I'm connecting with through email directly in my email client and connect with them If I'd like.,Many people don't associate their work email with their LinkedIn profile (may use a personal email address) so it doesn't always provide much value.,10,It's allowed me to connect more efficiently with the people I'm communicating with via email. I can see who the person on the other end of the screen is which can at times allow for more positive interactions.,,I do not generate reports with Rapportive. I use it to see professional information about the people I'm communicating with via email directly in my email interface.,Trello, Google Drive, WalkMeMy favorite low-tech LinkedIn-email integrationRapportive is used by individual users in my organization. I mainly appreciate how it pulls in LinkedIn profile details.,Rapportive reminds you whether a contact is a first, second, or third-degree LinkedIn connection. This is helpful for deciding how familiar to be when emailing someone. As long as you're emailing a LinkedIn connection, Rapportive pulls in a large headshot from LinkedIn connection, even if you haven't emailed the contact before. Clicking on a particular message in a threaded conversation will show the Rapportive details for the sender of that message. Helpful for remembering who is who, especially in complicated threads where you may not be closely acquainted with all parties.,Rapportive could show recent tweets or Facebook posts. This would provide a better picture of how this person communicates and what they're interested in. Pulling in content from profile websites like about.me would be really nice.,8,Rapportive has generally increased efficiency in looking people up on LinkedIn.,10
Rapportive

Rapportive Reviews

Rapportive
Top Rated Award
Filter 23 vetted Rapportive reviews and ratings
Sam Dahl profile photo
January 29, 2018

Rapportive Review: "Helpful especially in prospecting"

• It's very smooth. When I hover over an email address, the page pops up immediately. It quickly changes between profiles as I hover over different email addresses.
  • Sometimes it tells me I need to log into my LinkedIn profile when I've already logged in. It's weird. It seems to be when the email address is not found. Instead of just saying the email is not found, it tells me I need to log in. Just something I've noticed.
  • Sometimes I get this weird thing where I go to compose an email and instead of having it open all the way to the right, it opens all the way to my left. I'm pretty sure Rapportive is what's causing it. It doesn't happen very often but sometimes I see that.
I'm in sales and am constantly emailing people. Usually, people, I don't know. It's really great for that. I can put a face with a name and it reminds me of their LinkedIn profile that I can go check out. It's probably not as helpful for less professional settings but never hurts.
Read Sam Dahl's full review
November 29, 2017

User Review: "Rapportive for In-Inbox Highlights"

• Finds a picture for your contact
  • Provides concise, helpful info about the contact
  • Looking up and linking contacts with multiple email addresses
It is great for sales prospecting and gathering leads, but I would not rely on it for any sort of deeper research into a client or referral source. It is great at what it does, providing a quick overview, a few highlights and a photo, but does not (and does not intend to) provide a full background check.
Anna Norregaard profile photo
October 27, 2017

User Review: "Rapportive is great when it works"

• integrate linkedin profile with inbox
  • click into linkedin from inbox
  • view recent activity on social - twitter, facebook, linkedin
  • sometimes the extension breaks
  • sometimes incorrect profiles pull in
Rapportive is well-suited for B2B selling and also for social selling. It is less valuable when you do not have a concept of a lead, however I overall like having as much context as possible on the email conversations that I am having and who I am having them with.
Read Anna Norregaard's full review
Pat Effinger profile photo
September 15, 2017

"Rapportive Review"

• Rapportive allows me to put a face to an email address, which adds a human element to the generic email communication.
  • The main benefit on Rapportive is that I can see the LinkedIn profile of the person I'm connecting with through email directly in my email client and connect with them If I'd like.
  • Many people don't associate their work email with their LinkedIn profile (may use a personal email address) so it doesn't always provide much value.
There's really no reason to not use Rapportive. It's free, easy to install, and shows you the LinkedIn profile and photo of the people you're exchanging emails with.

It doesn't work as well if the people you email with don't use the particular email address for LinkedIn.
Read Pat Effinger's full review
Michael D. Bower profile photo
September 23, 2014

Rapportive Review: "My favorite low-tech LinkedIn-email integration"

• Rapportive reminds you whether a contact is a first, second, or third-degree LinkedIn connection. This is helpful for deciding how familiar to be when emailing someone.
  • As long as you're emailing a LinkedIn connection, Rapportive pulls in a large headshot from LinkedIn connection, even if you haven't emailed the contact before.
  • Clicking on a particular message in a threaded conversation will show the Rapportive details for the sender of that message. Helpful for remembering who is who, especially in complicated threads where you may not be closely acquainted with all parties.
  • Rapportive could show recent tweets or Facebook posts. This would provide a better picture of how this person communicates and what they're interested in.
  • Pulling in content from profile websites like about.me would be really nice.
Rapportive takes up the right side of the window, so it wouldn't be optimal in cases where the full screen was required.
Read Michael D. Bower's full review
Lisa Carnes profile photo
April 22, 2014

Rapportive Review: "Reliable tool for lead generation"

Rapportive helped my team find accurate information for our leads.
  • It is accurate
  • It is fast
  • It is reliable
  • There is nothing I would improve
If you have a lead inbound with little information given, Rapportive will match that info across the web to help you build a solid pipeline.
Read Lisa Carnes's full review

Identification of new leads (1)
Ideal customer targeting (1)
Load time/data access (1)
Contact information (3)
Company information (4)
Industry information (4)
Lead qualification process (1)
Smart lists and recommendations (1)
Company/business profiles (3)
Data hygiene (2)
10.0
Automatic data refresh (2)
9.5

About Rapportive

Rapportive is a free Chrome Extension that shows an email recipient's LinkedIn details within the user's Gmail inbox, and allows users to jump to the contact's LinkedIn profile. Rapportive was acquired by LinkedIn in 2012. In November 2017, LinkedIn released a new version of Rapportive called Sales Navigator Lite for Gmail, which makes some features of LinkedIn Sales Navigator accessible from within user's email inbox.