RavenDB Reviews

July 21, 2020
Wallace Turner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

It currently 'ticks all the boxes' for all our use cases - I also use the free tier in a number of personal & commercial projects - it is the only product I know that provides a HA solution freely. The RavenDB Support (both paid and google groups) is very active and responses are timely.
Read Wallace Turner's full review
July 20, 2020
Alan Doherty | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

We've had an excellent experience using RavenDB. Internally we are testing the newer features in 5.0 such as time series, which will effect the con specified previously dependent on the real world performance. We foresee that BattleCrate will continue to use RavenDB as we grow.
Read Alan Doherty's full review
July 20, 2020
Jeremy Holt | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

It's the perfect backend for the lazy brain-dead developer (that's me!).
I know that if I need to do something more complicated, there will be a way for Raven to do it for me.
If I can't work it out for myself, I sure that someone will help me on their Google Groups to find a solution (usually on the same day).
Read Jeremy Holt's full review
July 19, 2020
Judah Gabriel Himango | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

Raven has genuinely met all my database needs. When I'm on projects that use traditional SQL databases or other NoSQL products, I find myself longing for the speed and simplicity of Raven.
Read Judah Gabriel Himango's full review
August 10, 2020
Alex Klaus | TrustRadius Reviewer

Likelihood to Renew

The product is on the right trajectory. Bugs get promptly fixed. The tech support is great.
Read Alex Klaus's full review

Performance (9)
Availability (9)
Concurrency (9)
Security (9)
Scalability (9)
Data model flexibility (9)
Deployment model flexibility (9)

What is RavenDB?

RavenDB is a NoSQL Document Database that is fully transactional (ACID) across the database and throughout clusters. It is presented by the vendor as an easy to use all-in-one database that minimizes the need for third party addons, tools, or support to boost developer productivity and get projects into production fast.

Users can setup and secure a data cluster in minutes and deploy in the cloud, on-premise or in a hybrid environment. RavenDB offers a Database as a Service solution, allowing users to pass on all database operations and focus exclusively on the application. RavenDB has a built-in storage engine that operates at speeds up to 1 million reads per second and 150,000 writes per second on a single node using simple commodity hardware to increase application performance. The vendor points to mentions in both Gartner and Forrester research, and states RavenDB has been downloaded over 2 million times serving thousands of customers from Startups to Fortune 100 Large Enterprises.

RavenDB Features include:

• Its RQL Query language is based on SQL
  • Works with existing relational database. ETL feature and migration to Document model available.
  • Multiplatform: C#, Node.js, Java, Python, Ruby, Go
  • Multisystem: Windows, Linux, Mac OS, Docker, Raspberry Pi
  • Designed to works efficiently on older machines and smaller devices
  • Built in Full-Text Search, MapReduce, and Storage Engine

Has featureScalability
Has featureData model flexibility
Has featureDeployment model flexibility

RavenDB Video

Time is money and RavenDB saves you both!

RavenDB Competitors