RavenTools Reviews

Marli Espinales | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

My Clients Love their Reports

Alternatives Considered

I was with Web SEO tools for maybe a month before I cancelled and went over to RavenTools. I preferred RT immediately and five years later I am still using them. More cost-effective and their reporting tools were so much easier for my clients to understand - which to me was the defining point.
Read Marli Espinales's full review
Jason Bean | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2018

RavenTools : filling the Sweet Spot of Features and Affordability

Alternatives Considered

Many of the other tools I've tried have all usually had a particular segment or function that really sets them apart in that area. Many of these other tools are more expensive overall as well. RavenTools, for my business and client needs, has consistently provided the broadest range of acceptable functionality in areas while still remaining affordable for me.
Read Jason Bean's full review
Geoffrey Hoesch | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 25, 2018

A Great All-around Tool

Alternatives Considered

RavenTools is less expensive than other options such as Moz. While it doesn't offer the same degree of options as other tools, Raven can be a key component of any digital marketing campaign.
Read Geoffrey Hoesch's full review
Lakita Marshall | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 01, 2017

RavenTools - a Great Tool for the Digital Marketer Looking to Do It All

Alternatives Considered

As a user of Hootsuite Free for reporting and social media management, RavenTools is more robust and fully functional. RavenTools provides a simpler dashboard and interface. You have more control over reporting, analytics views, and it is more intuitive. The only advantages I would say Hootsuite has is the ability to add apps that connect directly with other software and social media post management. Long story short, there is a reason I choose to put funds behind RavenTools vs. Hootsuite.
Read Lakita Marshall's full review
Amy Odhner | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 08, 2015

Easily Integrate Marketing Data with RavenTools

Alternatives Considered

I don't have a lot of experience with other tools although we have had a lot of demos of other products. We have often found that by utilizing features in Raven that we didn't know about we could have the same functionality without using another reporting tool. This allows us to continue using one integrated reporting tool.
Read Amy Odhner's full review
Laren Helms | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 01, 2014

RavenTools: The leftover casserole of SEO software

• Google Analytics,Adobe Analytics
We selected RavenTools because it appeared very broad and robust, but upon using it on a regular basis, we realized that it was mostly just a loose conglomerate of data pulled from various sources. It doesn't cross analyze and it doesn't allow for the same flexibility in the data that you'll find from the original source (e.g., Google Analytics). From an analytics standpoint, it's not even on the same plan as GA even though it pulls its data straight from there. Obviously, it's a very inexpensive tool, but you really get what you pay for when it comes to RavenTools.
Read Laren Helms's full review
Steve Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2014

A Good Tool at a Great Price

Alternatives Considered

Well to be honest, we hadn't tried other solutions before RavenTools. Until we started with them we were doing all of our work the old fashioned way, pouring through code for on-site SEO problems and kicking out reports and/or screenshots of charts from other services depending on our needs at their capabilities at the time.
Read Steve Jones's full review
Mathew Riexinger | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 24, 2014

Quote the Raven

• Moz,SEO PowerSuite
RavenTools is as solid as it comes when you're choosing a marketing application to suit a variety of needs. Since it is a web application it can be accessed anywhere, at anytime by the users you have in your account, just as long as they have internet access. A lot of choices between these software applications are preference based since they all have a similar functionality to them with slight variations respectfully.
Read Mathew Riexinger's full review
Kyle Sherwood | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 21, 2014

An honest review of a great product (in my opinion!)

Alternatives Considered

Conductor Searchlight - Heinous. The tool doesn't function well, not as responsive as RavenTools and other SEO suites I've used and it's far too expensive. Most people probably buy into it because they are fooled by the price thinking that they will get a tool that's worth that much.

Advanced Web Ranking - Very good tool, but I prefer a web app rather than a downloaded product. Just personal preference.

LongTail Pro - Don't waste your money. Awful keyword research tool. Costs more than other full SEO suites (like RavenTools) and has only one function (that it doesn't even do well). Use Google's keyword planner for free over this thing!
Read Kyle Sherwood's full review
Kristy Lynn Papay | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 20, 2014

Perspective From the Intern

Alternatives Considered

Now in my current company, where we do not use RavenTools, the reporting process is very long and extensive. Our entry-level employees have to build out the reports themselves in excel rather than using a program and spending more time on insights.
Read Kristy Lynn Papay's full review
Mary Brautigan | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 20, 2014

RavenTools allows you to do more than "wing it" in online marketing!

Alternatives Considered

Having used RavenTools in two different positions the ease of use, ability to pull in PPC information and the flexibility to add information either via text, images or HTML set it apart from a lot of the other tools out there. It also was easy to set up, add, remove clients and grant or remove access for employees and reassign profiles as needed.
Read Mary Brautigan's full review
February 23, 2016

Good for Small to Mid Size Businesses, Reports Are Underwhelming

Alternatives Considered

We use RavenTools because it is helpful to have the suite of products in one piece of software. In the past we used different software for social media management, another for site audits, a different one for backlink tracking and another one to monitor local search. Having all of this information in one place is handy and makes RavenTools stand out.
January 26, 2016

RavenTools a good fit for modest SEO needs, but not the best solution for deep SEO needs

Alternatives Considered

RavenTools is a workable solution for companies with SEO needs but also needing to report on social activity and produce easy reporting. We initially bought it for SEO tracking but then needed to add Moz when RavenTools scrapped their ability to report on keyword rankings. Moz is probably better as a pure SEO tool. Their functionality is much deeper, and their blog is a great resource for SEO and marketing advice.
September 11, 2015

SEOh no you don't. Raven for Moz because... well I like it.

Alternatives Considered

We had selected RavenTools at the time because it was converting more sales. We had both Moz and RavenTools running. I went back to RavenTools once I started my own company in 2014, but after demoing out Moz and their current suite of tools, I was ready to make a jump. I think RavenTools and Moz would work best together, both have things they each do well.
September 08, 2015

I just love this product!

Alternatives Considered

I've never used any other product but I remember the reason we went with this product versus the other products we researched was because it offered a lot more tools for your money.
December 18, 2014

RavenTools - Indispensable Product, Despite Glitches

Alternatives Considered

I have used Majestic, Moz, and SEMrush for similar things and I like all these tools. I like majestic's interface best for competitive analysis and backlink exploration. I prefer some of Moz's tools to Raven, but Raven has the advantage of compiling data from all these different tools. I use many of these interchangeably and I'm glad I work for an agency that has access to all of them.
June 30, 2014

Great for reporting, lacking in analysis

• seoClarity,BrightEdge
RavenTools, seoClarity, and BrightEdge are all ostensibly the same things—one-stop shops for SEO analysis of multiple domains. However, versus those other tools, RavenTools is a completely different beast. Its strength is in its reporting, which is modular and highly customizable while still adhering to a coherent report structure. The wide range of analytical tools that the other two tools offer is considerably slimmed down in RavenTools.

Keyword analysis (10)
Backlink management (11)
SERP ranking tracking (11)
Page grader (10)
Competitive analysis (10)
Site audit / diagnostics (11)
Site recommendations (10)
Mobile SEO (7)
5.0
Global SEO (7)
Multi-domain support (9)
Integration with web analytics tools (11)
9.4

About RavenTools

Raven Tools from the Tennessee company of the same name is Internet or search engine marketing optimization software consisting of popular tools targeted at SEO specialists who need research automation. To that end it contains the familiar set of website research and auditing, competitor monitoring, rank tracking, and also content investigation to see that material on the site is keyword-rich yet topically relevant. Social media and backlink checking tools facilitate outreach and drive traffic by way of getting cited by others. Like other more comprehensive solutions, Raven Tools also helps marketers manage PPC campaigns with analytics and reporting.

The Raven Pro edition allows 4 users access to Ravel Tools for $99 per month, while Raven Agency provides a group of unlimited size shared access for $249 per month. Both editions support unlimited campaigning and access to Raven Tools' foundational data sources, as well as white label reporting, but Agency triples Link Manager storage from 50k to 150k links.