RavenTools Reviews

Marli Espinales | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 11, 2020

My Clients Love their Reports

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use this for our marketing reports, it really helps make our reporting (and lives) easier to be able to put all our data information together under one roof. We incorporate Analytics, social media (like Facebook, Linkedin and YouTube), Google search console, Bing Webmaster tools, Adwords and more. To be able to add this all in one report is wonderful and makes it easier for our clients to review their information as well. What I enjoy too is the ability to add your own written text for every section so you can elaborate further on the information that is being provided. Clients prefer layman's terms.
Read Marli Espinales's full review
Jason Bean | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2018

RavenTools : filling the Sweet Spot of Features and Affordability

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use RavenTools on a regular basis to provide clients a quick and easy to review summary of their website and social media analytics and engagement numbers. RavenTools allows me to easily and quickly pull in data analytics from various sources and efficiently combine them into a custom, white-labeled report that I then provide to my clients.
Read Jason Bean's full review
Geoffrey Hoesch | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 25, 2018

A Great All-around Tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is used in some way for all of our clients. We most frequently use it to create monthly reports, but also utilize its audit tool to keep track of client website performance.
Read Geoffrey Hoesch's full review
Lakita Marshall | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 01, 2017

RavenTools - a Great Tool for the Digital Marketer Looking to Do It All

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is being used by our marketing department to provide support to our marketing, sales, and product management teams. As the digital media coordinator, it provides me the ability to track the performance of various digital media and campaigns all in one place. I also use the various tools to assist with web development and SEO planning. Additionally, I use the report creation tools to create performance reports for various teams within our marketing department.

Previous to using RavenTools, our company did not have the ability to track digital media statistics. There was also no reporting system to share progress with various team members. The marketing department was struggling to get detailed insights. RavenTools has solved all of these problems.
Read Lakita Marshall's full review
Jennifer Long | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 04, 2015

The Essential Search Marketing Tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is used everyday by our search marketing department. We've found it an invaluable tool for tracking outreach, contact information, opportunities, log in details, and other important information for specific sites on a client-level basis. In addition RavenTools connects with the Google Search Console, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, and uses Majestic SEO's backlink data in reports. My favorite tool for new clients is the site audit, which renders a simple but powerful report highlighting issues that need to be fixed like semantic data, visibility issues, and duplicate content or title tags. I highly recommend RavenTools for other SEOs and content marketing teams!
Read Jennifer Long's full review
Amy Odhner | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 08, 2015

Easily Integrate Marketing Data with RavenTools

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is our primary reporting tool for measuring effectiveness of our digital marketing efforts. Although the reports are generated by the Engagement Department the reports are shared with clients as well as within the company to help the Account Executives understand how the online campaigns are driving traffic to the website and ultimately increasing the number of leads generated for our clients. We sometimes supplement these reports with reports directly out of Google Analytics but the visual nature of the reports generated by RavenTools makes it easy for non-analysts to understand the information.
Read Amy Odhner's full review
Caleb Blatz | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 11, 2015

Quick and Effective

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools was used by our Search Marketing department for keyword research, competitor research, areas of opportunity, and positioning monitoring. It was later abandoned as the search team began looking at different options and eventually moved to another product.
Read Caleb Blatz's full review
Shawn Livengood | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 04, 2015

RavenTools for SEO tracking and reporting

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools was used by my organization to monitor keyword ranking and traffic for search engine optimization projects. We used its reporting capabilities to provide white labeled SEO reports to show progress on search engine marketing projects. Reporting on keyword ranking and traffic can be problematic since Google's "not provided" keyword data update, and RavenTools offers an adequate solution to this issue.
Read Shawn Livengood's full review
Bret Williams | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 26, 2014

RavenTools Remains our Favorite Tool

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is being used to continually analyze our SEO performance. We monitor ongoing progress with how well we are addressing SEO issues. We also use RavenTools to monitor our conversions from AdWords and organic traffic. RavenTools provides us a centralized place to monitor all online marketing activities. It also gives us reports to share with our team and management.
Read Bret Williams's full review
Laren Helms | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 01, 2014

RavenTools: The leftover casserole of SEO software

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use RavenTools solely within the marketing department to manage and track analytics across three different websites owned by Action Target. One website is dedicated to B2B lead generation while the other two are dedicated to online sales of consumable products. In the past, we've used RavenTools to track social media engagement, compare SEO health of our own sites to competitors', discover backlinks, create automated reports, and perform site audits.
Read Laren Helms's full review
Steve Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2014

A Good Tool at a Great Price

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools has been a valuable asset in our web development and marketing services endeavors mostly because it allows us to load tons of data from multiple sources into one platform. Once you set up a campaign for a website, you can start tracking the metrics that matter to you and your client as well as output custom reports with just a few clicks. These are the features we mostly rely on it RavenTools for:

• Bing and Google Webmaster Tools data
  • Performance data on social media posts
  • Keyword rankings on Bing and Google
  • AdWords campaign performance
  • Google Anayltics data
  • Quick analysis of on-site optimization for potential and current clients
  • Easily combining the previously mentioned data into white-labeled reports for our clients that we can kick out manually or schedule to be automatically produced.
There are many other great features but these are the core features that we purchased it and use it for.
Read Steve Jones's full review
Mathew Riexinger | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 24, 2014

Quote the Raven

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is being used to monitor the work that our SEO department has done to easily report to the client in an automated way each month. When covering numerous clients you always have to look for a way to manage your time efficiently, and effectively. Besides using the reporting module for each client, we also utilize the functionality of the PPC, Social Media, SEO, content and research functionality based on the clients goals they wish us to direct our attention to.

When researching for keywords, you want to make sure that the process in researching that you have created for yourself is time management friendly, effective, and a solid base to branch off of as you grow your SEO campaign. Creating content for numerous clients can be hectic, but with Raven Tools, it's a built in module that saves you from finding another software solution that will provide you quality content to use across your SEO and Social Media campaigns. As you can see, there are multiple departments within our company that use Raven Tools on a daily basis. The major thing I see Raven Tools addressing is cutting down on micro-tasking, which, if you're unfamiliar with the term, it's the small day to day tasks that can take up a large portion of your day, and add-up over the course of time to a lot of lost hours and days.
Read Mathew Riexinger's full review
Kyle Sherwood | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 21, 2014

An honest review of a great product (in my opinion!)

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

It's used by the SEM department for research and report creation. It's very useful and is one of the best tools I've seen to date for multiple SEM purposes. RavenTools incorporates task management, keyword research, keyword monitoring, report creation, and it has plugins for Google Analytics. All this for a very reasonable price, which is the major selling point. It's quick and responsive which is also very important.
Read Kyle Sherwood's full review
Kristy Lynn Papay | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 20, 2014

Perspective From the Intern

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I used RavenTools when I was a media intern at the i.d.e.a. brand. The media director trained me on the product and how I could use it to improve our search media buys. I did not have much experience or knowledge of the industry when first starting my career and found RavenTools to be very educational and easy to use. The product is very straight forward and you do not need years of experience to be able to get something out of the technology. The i.d.e.a. brand was a start up and did not have a whole team of experienced media buyers, which is probably why my director chose RavenTools as an easy to use product with great insights.
Read Kristy Lynn Papay's full review
Kim Tanner | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 20, 2014

RavenTools is great!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I use RavenTools to track our social media pages in more detail than what is provided by the social media site. Facebook and LinkedIn provide stats, however RavenTools provides much more detailed stats. I love the keyword tool. It shows you what people are searching for, and which websites come up first with certain keywords, and how much they are paying for those keywords. I also love the competitor tool. I can track our competitor, their online presence and their keywords, to see how they are doing in terms of SEO. It compares their online presence to ours, which is great to see. Very helpful.
Read Kim Tanner's full review
Brian Cox | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 14, 2014

An In-House's Review of RavenTools

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools was being used by myself (SEO) and our paid search manager to gain insights into the landscape and allow us to hone in on our targeting. We used it to track keywords, rankings, and find opportunity for us to build or reach and brand.

RavenTools was instrumental in setting up reporting that allowed us to focus our time and attention on other aspects such as strategy and implementation.
Read Brian Cox's full review
Mark Phillip Solomon | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 11, 2014

Raven Tools

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools was the primary SEO tracking platform used by a previous company I was a part of. The entire SEO department was trained on the tool, and all SEO campaigns were managed through RavenTools. All SEO-related components were tracked, such as SERP positions on target keywords, link-building statuses, and historical performance and reporting.
Read Mark Phillip Solomon's full review
February 23, 2016

Good for Small to Mid Size Businesses, Reports Are Underwhelming

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is used in our marketing department as a tool for both our own business and our customers. We primarily use it for website audits for SEO purposes because it makes addressing issues with search easy to fix. We also use it to track who is linking back to our sites.
January 26, 2016

RavenTools a good fit for modest SEO needs, but not the best solution for deep SEO needs

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is used by the digital marketing team to track SEO, keyword performance, and other digital metrics to supplement Google Analytics reporting on our various websites, primarily as an SEO keyword tracking and reporting platform. It isn't used by other departments outside of marketing, although they do receive portions of the reporting.
September 11, 2015

SEOh no you don't. Raven for Moz because... well I like it.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools was being used to manage the online presence of multiple clients looking for SEO optimization and PPC and SMM campaigns. I was the only individual involved in using the product, but the custom reports we were able to generate for clients and sales meetings were key to the company's closing of content strategy contracts.
September 08, 2015

I just love this product!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am the Digital Marketing Specialist at DS Smith, Plastics Division. I manage 5 separate websites and RavenTools helps organize the keywords and the performance for each website. I also use this tool for the Social Media reporting tools.
December 18, 2014

RavenTools - Indispensable Product, Despite Glitches

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

RavenTools is used for reporting, tracking, and analyzing our client campaigns. Both Management and the SEO department use RavenTools for client work. As of yet, we have not encountered a more efficient way to organize and track the work that we do for our clients (link building, SEO, reporting).
May 07, 2014

Save the headache of comparing products, Raven is it

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

As a startup advisor, I've found nothing capable of aggregating the insight of moz to the extent that other tools are irrelevant. Raven accomplishes that, providing an all in one search intelligence service that I use on behalf of startups to provide market intel, search optimization direction, competitive analysis, and key word research.
June 30, 2014

Great for reporting, lacking in analysis

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I currently work in-house at a large, publicly traded online marketplace. When I used RavenTools, I was at a very small (between 10-15 people) SEO agency. RavenTools was the primary link building tracking, social media monitoring, and reporting tool, as well as a secondary keyword tracking tool. As I generated most of the reporting I was the primary user of the tool, but most folks dipped into it now and then as necessary.

Keyword analysis (10)
Backlink management (11)
SERP ranking tracking (11)
Page grader (10)
Competitive analysis (10)
Site audit / diagnostics (11)
Site recommendations (10)
Mobile SEO (7)
5.0
Global SEO (7)
Multi-domain support (9)
Integration with web analytics tools (11)

About RavenTools

Raven Tools from the Tennessee company of the same name is Internet or search engine marketing optimization software consisting of popular tools targeted at SEO specialists who need research automation. To that end it contains the familiar set of website research and auditing, competitor monitoring, rank tracking, and also content investigation to see that material on the site is keyword-rich yet topically relevant. Social media and backlink checking tools facilitate outreach and drive traffic by way of getting cited by others. Like other more comprehensive solutions, Raven Tools also helps marketers manage PPC campaigns with analytics and reporting.

The Raven Pro edition allows 4 users access to Ravel Tools for $99 per month, while Raven Agency provides a group of unlimited size shared access for $249 per month. Both editions support unlimited campaigning and access to Raven Tools' foundational data sources, as well as white label reporting, but Agency triples Link Manager storage from 50k to 150k links.