Rebrandly Reviews

June 29, 2020
Dustin W. Stout | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rebrandly is being used by everyone in our company that is creating social media content. At this time, that is 3 people in total. The business problem it addresses is creating shortened links that are trackable and branded. We want to know specific data about shared links based on where they're shared such as: (1) how many clicks it got, (2) how much traffic it sent, (3) the quality of the traffic, (4) and have the ability to add tracking pixels to the links when they are not to our properties.
  • Branded shortening of links.
  • Adding of UTM values.
  • Adding tracking pixels to shortened links.
  • Tracking number of clicks on a link.
  • Allowing us to acquire and manage branded short domains.
  • The reporting feature is flat out awful. It would be great if there were just a dashboard where I could see stats and graphs with easily filterable views.
  • The UI could use some polish in the dashboard.
  • More sorting/filtering features when looking through links.
Rebrandly is well-suited for anyone who (1) wants branded short URLs, (2) wants to use UTM tracking on their links, but doesn't want to manually write the UTM strings, (3) wants to add tracking pixels on those shortened links, (4) wants an easy way to track the success of shared links. I suppose if you don't care about any of the aforementioned items, Rebrandly wouldn't be right for you.
When I had a question—only once to my knowledge—the support person who got back to me was less than helpful. I gave feedback to them about the poor reporting feature and their answer was basically, "that's the way it is." I think their support (or at least this one support person) could use some customer support training. The beauty, though, is that I haven't really needed support, which means the product works as expected!
Read Dustin W. Stout's full review
March 25, 2020
Marty Lofberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Rebrandly to provide simple links to things like rosters and surveys for our church.
  • Creating custom links
  • Editing custom urls, the main reason I use this service.
  • Easy of use.
  • Doesn't seem to be a way to search your custom urls.
  • At first glance it was a little tricky to see how to edit custom urls.
It's amazing that you can edit custom URLs to keep them up to date without ruining an existing link that's been sent out or printed. I had business cards printed with a shortened URL from another company and when I had to change the linked URL it made the cards useless. If I'd used Rebrandly I would have been fine.
I haven't needed any support so far.
Read Marty Lofberg's full review
March 18, 2020
Brittany (NAPW Britt) Conte | TrustRadius Reviewer
Since the beginning of my relationship with Rebrandly, it has been and continues to be an asset to the whole organization. It was a great tool and did not drain any finances. It is great for small businesses who don't have a lot of working capital. Once the necessary capital is made, Rebrandly has multiple reasonably priced platforms to support continuous growth. I use it for an additional marketing and branding tool in order to reach more potential clients.
  • Excellent Branding tool
  • Reaches a vast amount of people and companies
  • Definitely great from a financial prospective
  • Continues to grow with you and your company
  • Excellent Customer Service
  • Continues to communicate with its users
  • Reach out to more smaller companies so they are aware of the Rebrandly benefits
I would recommend it to any company. Even companies that have an existing platform can always use an additional marketing channel. I would definitely refer to new businesses, small business and mid-sized businesses. Similarly, I would suggest a large corporation to look into the benefits Rebrandly offers to those companies.
As I said earlier in this review, Rebrandly has excellent customer support, service, and communication with users. They always notify you of new services and additional services that could benefit its users.
Read Brittany (NAPW Britt) Conte's full review
Daniel Attard | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Rebrandly to give our promoters a link to increase their ticket sales. It allows them to have one gateway for them to give access to their friends who want to attend the event. The Rebrandly links are also embedded into NFC tags which are used to promote their link.
  • Able to edit the link after it is created.
  • Easy to use interface.
  • Great customer service.
  • Alter existing links without losing the link to that domain.
  • Organize links into groups.
  • Edit more than 1 link at the same time.
It's great to give access to links that can be changed in the future. For our events, the link obviously would expire once it is over then we have 20 dead links but now I can redirect all the links to the signup form for the next event. Very powerful instead of resending link to the whole promotional team and asking to update their affiliate cards.
I haven't used the support recently but when I first started they were very responsive and answered all my questions.
Read Daniel Attard's full review
Andrew McAvinchey | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Rebrandly both for my own business and for my clients as a recommended tool for shortening URLs and running marketing campaigns. It makes it easier to post-campaign based links, especially in Inbound campaigns using HubSpot, which is how we normally work with our clients. Our use of shortened URLs for multiple use cases including CTAs, social sharing and multiple landing pages as well as campaign-based content for tracking and attribution means we need a professional solution that also adds to the brand.
  • Ease of use.
  • Value for money.
  • Branding.
  • Best in class.
  • Difficult to understand for some at first.
  • Value is occasionally hidden until you use it.
Branded campaigns in inbound strategy are particularly suited to this tool. You can, for example, run a campaign that is specifically for an ebook for a sub-segment of your market. The URL can be unique for this campaign and can contain all the Google and tracking parameters you like, while you are still in a position to share the link anywhere to your audience without the link being confusing. This aids in attribution reporting on the campaign and A/B testing for different approaches, without confusing the audience with weird links they might not trust. In addition, you have the added benefit of the branding that comes with it, which is more professional and more trusted
Great support and excellent, personal email contact with real people!
Read Andrew McAvinchey's full review
Liam Arbuckle | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Rebrandly for every blog post & article we create. It's great because a lot of our documentation uses the short links that Rebrandly creates for us, and when sharing posts on social media channels or in internal knowledge-bases, keeping the links short is the key to getting more clicks on our posts.
  • Quickly and easily create shortlinks for any link.
  • Manage custom domains.
  • Manage existing shortlinks and delete them quickly.
  • Autoshare the created links to various social media channels.
  • Ability to categorize links, for example, ones that are for knowledge bases and ones for blog posts.
If you're a company that has a large and extensive knowledge base, or a company that shares a lot of posts & news updates, a service like Rebrandly is essential. Rebrandly is by no means the only one out there, but the advantages are:
  • Great offers & deals
  • You can include your own custom domains for free
  • Easy to manage & maintain
  • Fast customer support. I'm in GMT +8, but I always get replies within an hour
If your company/website is more static, with less information flow, link shortening services aren't really essential.
No matter what timezone you're in, the support is fantastic and always fast - for me, it's always been within the hour. And even when I don't get the answers I'm looking for, the support team always attempts to provide me with an alternate solution to the same problem - which is very helpful and kind.
Read Liam Arbuckle's full review
Brett Grear | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Rebrandly at my school to shorten links for sharing with teachers and parents. The ease of use allows for quick creation of shortcodes that are attractive and relevant to our school and that can be remembered and typed in easily. Shortcodes are often sent out in the newsletter to make it easier for parents to access content quickly. Rebrandly's API works fantastically and I have been able to share a Google Sheet with other teachers allowing for multiple users to create shortcodes using our school's domain.
  • Creates shortcodes.
  • API integration with Google Sheets.
  • Allows purchase of domains straight through the site but also external domains.
  • Ability to transfer domains to different users.
  • More affordable pricing for education users.
Rebrandly is great for anyone who wants to create shortcodes with a branded domain instead of relying on generic shortcodes like Bitly or Owly. It's API also is great for those who want multiple users to be able to create shortcodes without signing up for multiple accounts.
Their online documentation is excellent and I have never needed to contact support.
Read Brett Grear's full review
March 31, 2020
Mark Dixie | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use it to assist us with our online marketing campaigns. Rebrandly gives us detailed tracking information on all the links we use online.
  • API integration
  • Statistics and tracking
  • Custom domains
  • Short codes
  • Control panel usability
Fantastic for posting affiliate links online. You can shorten the URL and customise it, and Rebrandly also provides high-quality statistics.
They have always responded within a couple of hours to our questions.
Read Mark Dixie's full review
March 23, 2020
Joshua Fawcett | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rebrandly is amazing, it allows me to create short links that I can use on my personal website. I no longer have to give out a huge long URL to someone. I can give them a nice and easy to remember short one.
  • Simple interface
  • Quick to create a new link
  • Helpful support
  • Transferring out a domain should you need to requires you to contact support. An automated/online webpage would help.
Well suited for online media companies who need to have short links.
Quick response and super easy to work with.
Read Joshua Fawcett's full review
March 16, 2020
Renato Ruas Pinto | TrustRadius Reviewer
Shortened URLs are a great marketing tool. I always use it to promote my content and events (webinars and training, mainly) since it is way easier for my potential clients to follow the link or save it for later. However, I run a small business and I am always searching for free tools since my volume does not justify a paid account. There are other free services around, but I like one particular feature from Rebrandly free account: the ability to change the link destination. This is useful, for instance, for recurring events so people will always be directed to the latest landing page. The only minor issue with Rebrandly is their shortened URL itself, "rebrand.ly/". I would prefer an even shorter URL. Other than that, I really like the platform.
  • Shortened URLs.
  • Ability to change the destination link for a URL created before.
  • Branded domains (although I haven't use this resource yet).
Their free account is especially attractive to small businesses or consultants and independent professionals (one-man/woman-shop).
Read Renato Ruas Pinto's full review
March 16, 2020
Nino Caduff | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Rebrandly for shortening links that otherwise would take up too much space or would not look attractive to click on. It's great because it lets you use your own words in the link and I reckon that is one of the reasons the links look much more friendly to click on than some 50 character links with random numbers and letters.
  • Custom shortlinks.
  • No more page-long links.
  • Pricing for students would be great.
Rebrandly is well-suited for creating attractive links with custom letters and numbers.
Read Nino Caduff's full review
March 15, 2020
Bruno Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've never seen a service better than Rebrandly. I love them. It's perfect to my agency. I always need to send my links to my costumers and Rebrandly was the best choice. I used to work with Facebook Ads and I need to put the pixel at my links. So Rebrandly helps me about it.
  • Dashboard is awesome
  • Communication is excellent
  • I love the design
I really like Rebrandly. They made my life a lot easier by distributing the links I use in ads to Facebook, Instagram and Google. I have nothing negative to say about them. I just hope that they never change because they are extremely efficient at what they set out to do.
They are amazing. The contact by email is very fast and they are always very kind.
Read Bruno Silva's full review
March 15, 2020
Jordan D'SOUZA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rebrandly is like bit.ly but with your own domain. I use it for every link that I post on the socials. I even use it as a complete replacement from Rebrandly for every use.
  • Customer support
  • Speed
  • Analytics
  • Multiple domain support
  • Ability to purchase domain within
  • Android app crashes
  • Android app logs me out sometimes
Rebrandly is amazing. I have already recommended it to every business manager I know. Rebrandly works well when I need a link and I paste it in. Naturally, it generates a random 3 figure code (sh.ort/g7i) but I usually customise it so it's easier to remember (sh.ort/music).
Rebrandly support is fast, helpful and friendly. I have never had an issues with Rebrandly support.
Read Jordan D'SOUZA's full review
March 13, 2020
Hasan Al-Masri | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a School Webmaster, I often use Rebrandly for adding a “brand” to school internal and external links in addition to the following:
- Generate easy to use/memorize links
- Track clicks
  • Web-based and could be used from any device
  • Provides branding and detailed analytics
  • Add more integrations
Do you use Google Forms? JotForms? Survey Monkey? Do you generate and share a lot of links? Rebrandly helps with branding and analytics as well!
Quick and prompt responses.
Read Hasan Al-Masri's full review
Alison Stiegler | TrustRadius Reviewer
Rebrandly gives my company street cred! It reinforces trust with my clients. Literally, it has replaced a standard web site. Nearly my entire sales process and pitch is via Rebrandly links.
  • Ease of use.
  • Good plans.
  • Autosuggestions could be good?
Rebrandly is great for companies as well as freelancers (I'm not sure how relevant for bigger companies). I have an entire workflow built on Google Drive with professional external-facing links.
Read Alison Stiegler's full review
Terra Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Rebrandly for branded short links on social media, email blasts, and printed materials. We like being able to use shorter, targeted links.
  • Easy to use.
  • Intuitive interface.
  • Excellent customer care.
  • Nice design.
  • The add links area send a little hidden at first. Maybe making it more prominent would be helpful.
It's perfect for creating branded short links for your website. This is particularly good if you've got a longer URL because those are still annoying.
Read Terra Walker's full review
Todd Resudek | TrustRadius Reviewer
Super Simple is using Rebrandly across the organization to link to internal and external resources with marketing-friendly URLs. Setting up our custom URL and installing browser add-ons has been very easy and reliable. Having meaningful short links makes it easier to assess the relevance of outbound links before our users click on them.
  • Browser plugins.
  • Custom URLs/ DNS.
  • Metrics.
  • Custom metrics.
I am still early in the assessment of this tool, but for a URL-shortener with a custom domain, the cost and ease of integration is as good as I have seen. Other tools have similar features, but are harder and/or more expensive to integrate into an existing workflow.
I have not engaged with support directly other than the online FAQs. For that reason I do not feel like I can make a reasonable assessment of the quality of support.
Read Todd Resudek's full review
Peggi Wolfe | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Rebrandly to create short URLs for my
department's webpages, which tend to have a very long name. Whenever I create a new page on our site that has to be shared with others, I immediately go to Rebrandly to create a simplified, shortened URL for that page. I find it very useful.

• Let's you specify the domain name to something meaningful.
  • Can customize the short link name to make it clear what's it for.
  • The process is quick and you get your shortened URL in seconds.
  • Price is fairly reasonable, particularly if you manage a website with lots of pages that you need to share the links on.
Rebrandly is well suited for webpages with long and gibberish URLs. It allows you to make short URLs with names that actually spell out what it is. I think it would be less appropriate for those webpages where the original URL is already fairly short, thus making Rebrandly redundant. I would highly recommend Rebrandly for anyone who needs to create short URLs for their webpages.
Read Peggi Wolfe's full review
Kevin Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Rebrandly as a marketing tool for use in text and social media marketing. It allows us to use short URLs to track our long tracking URLs in our marketing efforts. I found it easy to use and very useful. I would recommend it to anyone who needs control over their image and control over their links. It is a no brainer, and they are much better than any of their competition and easier to use.
  • Extremely easy to set-up and use.
  • Free starter level is the best of the competition.
  • Makes branding in text messages easy and useful.
Rebrandly is well suited in any scenario that requires an actual URL instead of a hyperlink. For our marketing, it's in text messaging, as text doesn't allow hyperlinks. There is nothing worse than a client getting a URL that is 100 characters long.
I haven't needed any support. Their product is easy to use and works as intended.
Read Kevin Jones's full review
Julia Dye | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Rebrandly to create short links to our publications and various purchase options. It's a terrific way to have our own brand on what we offer and to promote our books across social media and through our promotions and advertising. I don't know of any better alternative for what we do.
  • Easy to create custom short links
  • Interface is intuitive
  • The company is easy to work with
  • I'd like to be reminded to use it. I sometimes forget that it's an option!
Rebrandly is terrific when posting on social media.
Rebrandly support is prompt, courteous, and effective customer service.
Read Julia Dye's full review
June 30, 2020
We are using Rebrandly to edit shared links after they are made public. This includes the ability to print QR codes once and have the links they reference change. This is valuable to us as we print signage once, then can leave it up with the referred content being kept current.
  • Rebrandly is easy to use.
  • It is powerful (QR codes, link shortening, management, etc.).
  • It has team management for multiple accounts.
  • Nothing. It's perfect for our needs.
Rebrandly is a 10. It's the best tool of its kind. Other tools produce shortened links but do not allow for changes after they are produced. There is also the ability to add custom link shortening, based on domains that we own. This is very helpful, as it makes things appear more professional.
Rebrandly is so easy that I didn't need much support.
March 13, 2020
We use Rebrandly because the bespoke URLs provide relevant information for our listings. For instance, releasing a news item is much more relevant with a ‘news’ URL. This principle is applied for each of our URL shortening needs. We thoroughly recommend Rebrandly at our b2b marketing service for anyone who wants a more productive URL shortening service.
  • Brand Marketing
  • Advertising
  • Niche Relevance
  • Customer Service
  • Tags
  • Chat Facilities
  • Sharing function
Niche relevant URLs that describe a particular section of a broad spectrum site. For instance blog releases can either be shortened using a news, or blog domain. This proves especially helpful in clients being able to see the relevance of a post instead of categorising it as Spam. This is a significant advantage for any business.
Prompt and informative responses. Whereas many of their competitors use automated responses that require significant wait times to respond, Rebrandly have a much decreased response time which is vital for any business that is juggling many different tasks at the same time. This aspect of quality customer service is one of the primary reasons that we choose to use Rebrandly, and will continue to do so.
March 12, 2020
Rebrandly has been a great tool for our animal rescue non-profit organization as we use social media nearly every day to post adoption applications and request donations either monetarily or for wish-list goods. Rebrandly has let us keep our links short and professional looking rather than having a huge amount of characters and random letters that looks sloppy. This has been a valuable asset for us (as viewing competitors whose posts look sloppy).
  • Shortens URLs
  • Makes URLs readable and rememberable
  • Keeps links looking clean and not sloppy
  • None, I really haven't had any issues. The interface is clean and easy to use.
Rebrandly has been great for our adoption flyers where we are limited for space and the links are not postable as they are on a jpg as opposed to a clickable link. We are now able to post a URL that is short, clean, and easy to remember.
N/A haven't used
March 11, 2020
Working with clients with onboarding and installing/configuring new projects, I often have to send various links to get clients setup. When I'm having to send a file, like an agent or program-- which often get blocked by email-- I will instead put it in OneDrive and send the user a link to the file. Of course, these OneDrive links are atrocious, so using Rebrandly to shorten it works extremely well, especially if the user is having to manually transfer the link to a different computer.
Additionally, there are ongoing issues with uses that need to know how to perform certain tasks, like adding their email account to their mobile device. I may only have to send the link to an instruction web page once every several weeks, so by using Rebrandly with a friendly name (like /iphoneemail) I can remember the link and email it without having to look it up. I'm building a list of these friendly names for all my techs to use.
Rebrandly is making the delivery of our technical services easier and more efficient.
  • Creation of short links with customizable names instead of just assigned codes.
  • The only thing I can think of where Rebrandly could improve is making it more obvious upfront that you can change the prefix of your domain, using GO instead of LINK for instance.
Any situation where shortened URLs are needed is a good fit for Rebrandly.
They were very helpful in responding to the only issue I had.
March 30, 2020
Rebrandly is being used by Codecademy to teach people about how APIs work in Javascript and how to make XML requests to interact with the Rebrandly API. It is used in the Javascript course and is a good demonstration of how it works.
  • Rebrandly is very easy to use.
  • The sign-up process is convenient.
  • Compared to some other websites, Rebrandly's domain name is somewhat longer.
Rebrandly is great when someone just wants to shorten a URL to something because it is obscenely long.
Their support is nice.

What is Rebrandly?

Rebrandly is an easy way to create, share and manage branded links. The vendor offers companies and individuals the possibility to brand and shorten the links they share using a specific domain name of their choosing.

With Rebrandly, users can create and share branded links directly through the browser extension while surfing the Web. The vendor then stores it in their dashboard, where users can measure results using their best in class suite of tools. Users can register a new domain name directly with Rebrandly, choosing among more than 500 extensions- from .link to .pizza, and everything in between. The vendor then takes care of all the setup for the user, allowing them to start sharing branded links in just a few minutes. The vendor says with a branded link, companies and individuals increase their brand’s visibility because the brand name is embedded in the link - even when it’s being shared by others. Additionally, the vendor says they improve link trust, and in fact, branded links can help to increase the click-through rate by up to 39% when compared to generic short URLs.