December 08, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
We are using JDV to abstract the underlying data sources away from our applications. Currently the primary use is to allow us some flexibility while we retire an Informix based system.
- Data source compatibility: since it is Java, it can connect to anything with a JDBC driver.
- Flexibility: you can configure it however you want, we have it configured to use LDAPS for authentication and have all interfaces encrypted, and setting that up was pretty straight forward.
- Documentation: hard to navigate, or missing entirely.
- Integration with Windows: ODBC drivers are not great, don't support SSL.
- Logging: troubleshooting issues is not straight forward, often requires logging changes.
Read this authenticated review
I think it would work well in a Java/Linux environment. It is not as suited to Windows/.Net.