A must have for DBAsFor my experience, SQL Compare is a DBA's "must have" software. Thanks to SQL Compare you can quickly and easily compare different databases in different environments. Personally, I use it above all to make comparisons between development or testing environments with for example production environments.,Comparison speed Immediacy in the highlighting of differences Easy to use,Some features or default preferences are not activated and are a bit hidden between the Options flags License fee slightly high If you upgrade the SQL server, you need to upgrade the version of SQL,10,Less chance of error during deployment So much time earned Less time to close a bug fix successfully,RedGate makes awesome SQL Server dev tools!I use RedGate SQL Compare within my department. In database development, it's an awesome tool to keep database structures and code in sync, especially with there are many hands working on a database. It helps in determining the REAL scope of structure and code migrations. I use it to both generate deployment scripts for later use and documentation and also to effect some migrations immediately. It depends on if I am trying to sync multiple dev dbs or a dev to qc db or from a dev/qc db to a prod db. It is very thorough in its comparisIt's. Its not unusual that I have a few of those "oh I forgot about that change" moments when running it. It saves me lots of time and frustration in performing db change migrations right the first time. I don't ever want to be without it!!,Deep, thorough SQL Server db comparisons in places you might not think to look. Gives me flexibility on how I want to save or execute the SQL Compare results. Remembers settings between uses that speed me in using it. Has a clear and effective interface.,Pricing.... I wish there was an inexpensive developer version I could buy for myself. Portability.... I would like to use it from a flash drive so I can use it where ever I am asked to work. Unbundled.... This may be available already but I dont' recall I can buy it cheaply as a stand-alone product. Its only part of the bundle - cost effectively.,10,Saves me lots of time in doing database migration jobs right the first time. Improves quality of releases, thus reducing rollbacks or stumbles in migrations that need to be be fixed urgently. This improves client and user satisfaction which usually indirectly equates to ROI -- happy customers are paying customers. I get raises because I can deliver better work in my department.,
Redgate SQL Compare

Redgate SQL Compare Reviews

Redgate SQL Compare
Filter 19 vetted Redgate SQL Compare reviews and ratings
Luca Campanelli profile photo
February 02, 2018

Redgate SQL Compare Review: "A must have for DBAs"

• Comparison speed
  • Immediacy in the highlighting of differences
  • Some features or default preferences are not activated and are a bit hidden between the Options flags
  • License fee slightly high
  • If you upgrade the SQL server, you need to upgrade the version of SQL
I use the software routinely, day after day, and I've been using it for 7 years, so I can 100% recommend this software because it never gave me a problem, it's always fast and responsive and it's simple. The classic case where a software in its simplicity does exactly what it should in the best way. The best use case is the comparison of environments before or after deployments.
Read Luca Campanelli's full review
Rob Cowart profile photo
April 03, 2017

Redgate SQL Compare Review: "RedGate makes awesome SQL Server dev tools!"

• Deep, thorough SQL Server db comparisons in places you might not think to look.
  • Gives me flexibility on how I want to save or execute the SQL Compare results.
  • Remembers settings between uses that speed me in using it.
  • Has a clear and effective interface.
  • Pricing.... I wish there was an inexpensive developer version I could buy for myself.
  • Portability.... I would like to use it from a flash drive so I can use it where ever I am asked to work.
  • Unbundled.... This may be available already but I dont' recall I can buy it cheaply as a stand-alone product. Its only part of the bundle - cost effectively.
  • SQL Compare is great for all database development environments, especially in "wild west," fast paced environments.
  • Great for SCRUM and Agile.
Read Rob Cowart's full review

Redgate SQL Compare Scorecard Summary

Version control tools (2)
Performance optimization tools (2)
Schema maintenance (2)
Database change management (2)
User management (1)