Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Amazon Redshift, and make your voice heard!
Redshift Managed Storage
$0.25 - $13.04
$0.25 - $4.08
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Back then BigQuery cost was slightly higher than that of [Amazon] Redshift price structure.
Amazon EMR, needs lots more management (Admin tasks) and EMR is designed to be ephemeral and not designed to be a data store.
[Amazon] Redshift was ideal with the price structure, performance and ROI[.]
Now, Snowflake has surpassed Redshift in usability and scalability.
2. Automated Vacuum Delete for having consistent performance
3. AWS introduced ra3 node types for simple separation of compute and storage
4. Redshift has automatic concurrency scaling, provisioning new nodes if necessary
5. Better and more native integration with s3 data lake, possible destination for AWS Kinesis Firehose
6. Transparent 'pay-as-you-go' commercial model
7. Automatic backup
Business can make decisions and write queries for data retrieval instead of requesting engineers to fetch data.