Redtail CRM Reviews

Drew Blackston, RFC® CRC® | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 27, 2018

Redtail Review

We use Redtail as a customer relationship database, but also for data mining and organization. The entire firm uses Redtail and it is the lifeblood of all our interactions. For our business the big problem is organization from leads to clients. Redtail breaks this down for us so we can easily follow the entire process start to finish and all employees know where we are in that process.
  • Being able to pull specific lists of prospects and clients
  • Ability to add detailed notes manually or through Mobile Assistant
  • Having data pushed in from our custodian TD Ameritrade
  • I would like to see the ability to push annuity business into Redtail like brokerage accounts.
  • I would like to be able to attach documents to specific notes instead of just contacts in general.
  • Those are the only two cons that I have.
It is well suited for the financial services business and I think that is because it is geared toward our industry, but I don't think it is limited to just financial services. I even like Redtail over using Salesforce or ACT software because of its functionality and low cost. I think a business from 1 employee to 1000 would benefit from Redtail.
Read Drew Blackston, RFC® CRC®'s full review
Nicholas Wylam | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 13, 2018

Redtail CRM - Know Your Client

Redtail CRM is used to track our clients' data and stay on top of important tasks. Our entire team stays connected by using Redtail! Never forget important deadlines or steps!
  • Redtail organizes all our client data so we can find it without missing a beat.
  • Redtail CRM allows us to find important client information for any location.
  • Redtail CRM needs to improve by enhancing their custom reports.
  • Redtail CRM needs to change how teams can edit their workflows.
Redtail can help your team if you have client information across multiple platforms as it allows for quick access to your most important client information.
Read Nicholas Wylam's full review
June 22, 2017

Redtail: the CRM that stands above the others

We integrate our risk analysis software directly with Redtail. I am in charge of supporting the integration with various CRMs, including Redtail, so I use my account to troubleshoot and demo to other Redtail and Riskalyze users. It helps us to get better visibility into the user experience of the financial advisors we service.
  • Organize Client information: its layout is intuitive and user-friendly.
  • Integrates seamlessly with other software that enhances productivity.
  • Powerful analytics allow deeper insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your business.
  • The aesthetics of the page could use a facelift. The grey-on-white serves as a subtle clue that I should not be having fun.
  • The workflow for searching for clients could be improved/made easier.
  • The integrations management page could certainly be easier to find in my opinion. It is in an unusual spot nestled beneath my name, rather than another location.
When it comes to managing clients and leads, Redtail is tough to beat. It provides a depth of information and insight into the clients that I would often have not even though to collect. It makes organizing leads and following up a breeze. A situation where it might be less applicable may be if you were trying to track individual customers for unique one-off items, like antiques, where having client information may or may not prove useful in the future. Even then it would still be worth the effort I suppose.
June 21, 2017

Redtail Heros!

We primarily use Redtail to help our customers with their client services and compliance. Alongside Redtail we've been able to easily document all client interactions and information in one place for advisors and the information is in one place for advisors.

Redtail helps our clients keep track of the information that they obtain from the tools and services that we provide. The integration capabilities that Redtail offers are amazing!
  • Redtail integrates with other vendors. This is game changing for many users and super helpful for hosting information in one single location. Redtail is the hub for all information about your clients and potential business!
  • Redtail has the ability to have custodians feed over client positions. This is cool, but even cooler that Redtail can feed over to other programs to analyze the investments (riskalyze).
  • Redtail has a stellar support team that responds in a timely manner. The team at Redtail is top notch and I'm excited to see where they go from here!
  • Redtail and LPL's client works don't have the ability to pull over the individual holdings. This is a bummer, as Branch Net does. Only thing is that Branch Net won't be around for much longer. At least that's what I hear...
  • It's probably my fault, but I seem to create a lot of duplicates in the product. It would be awesome if there was some automated way for Redtail to notice when I've started to create duplicate client profiles.
Redtail is well suited for keeping track of all things client related. If you're worried about compliance, log it in Redtail. Get rid of your file cabinet, whiteboard and whatever dinosaur legal pads you still have laying around. If you want to make sure you're doing things right, take notes in Redtail. Create tasks there too!

Redtail is really a one stop shop for prospecting and maintaining client relationships. I've seen Redtail work for so many people at this point, it's superb.
June 20, 2017

Redtail CRM will super charge your client tracking!

I have worked in the financial technology industry for about 3 years, and I can honestly tell you that there are few tools better engineered, easier to use, and with more integrations than Redtail CRM. It can be used for most day to day CRM things like tracking investors and leads, but more importantly, they link with a ton of custodians and other software to display the high-level information that you might want to know about a client.
  • Client Profiles are amazing. I never realized how much time I wasted on hunting down context on clients.
  • Integrations with custodians, risk assessment software, retirement planning software. Everything you need is centralized here.
  • Fantastic customer service.
  • Would like to see more features for the LPL integrations.
  • A little buggy, but I'm knit picking here... no pun intended. As a cloud-based software, it is much more solid than alternative CRMs or other industry software. Not to mention the proprietary tools that are available to certain BDs (cough cough, they're all awful).
  • Ummm... maybe adding a little more flare to the pages... But again, knit pick. They can seem a little bland and boxy.
Truly, the only scenario I could see Redtail CRM not being the best option is for teams of 50 or more (not a specific number). For all the things that Redtail does well for an advisor, you may feel the limitations if you are a corporation that needs to track things outside of the advisory world. That being said, you could probably still make it work, but you are less in the target demo for the design team at that point.

That being said, Redtail CRM is fantastic easy to use, super friendly, and way ahead of any competitors. I would suggest you set up a call with them or stop at their booth at a convention, they will tell you if they can't meet your needs.

Redtail CRM Scorecard Summary

About Redtail CRM

Redtail CRM is a cloud-based CRM soluton specifically for financial advisors. Redtail is offered as a subscription service and, unlike most of the other CRM providers available, is priced per database, rather than per user, allowing up to 15 database users for one monthly subscription cost.

Redtail CRM Technical Details