August 28, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Reduxio is currently being used as our primary shared storage. We also replicate our primary Reduxio to another Reduxio at a DR site. Virtual servers stored on Reduxio are used enterprise wide. Our storage footprint in our data center went down from 2 full racks of disk enclosures to only 8 rack units. This also allows for a substantial amount of energy savings.
- The user interface of Reduxio is very intuitive.
- The data deduplication rate is very good.
- Performance of the Reduxio storage is very good. Have not seen any latency issues in over a year.
- Reduxio support is outstanding. Their team is very responsive!
- Some best practice documentation available online would be nice, however their support is available to answer any questions.
- The available amount of physical storage remaining is sort of ambiguous.
- The marketing of No-Dup is really not a great idea.
Read Kurt Pritchett's full review
Reduxio fit into our plans for replacing our aging EMC VNX5500. We were able to reduce our data center footprint from 50 rack units down to 8. The data dedupe or "No-Dupe" as they call it was the main reason for the reduced footprint. We also use VSphere and the API's that tie into VCenter work very well. Your able to carve out storage right from the VCenter web client. Reduxio may be less appropriate when used as a backup repository.