Remember the Milk

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Remember the Milk, and make your voice heard!

What is Remember the Milk?

Remember the Milk is a task management and to-do list application from the company of the same name headquartered in San Francisco.

What is Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager?

Doist, a company boasting an entirely globally distributed workforce, offers Todoist, a project management platform emphasizing the needs of a distributed workforce. The application emphasizes tracking events over time with advanced closed task and progress reporting, with custom graphics for…

What is OmniFocus?

OmniFocus is a project management platform for iOS: Mac, iPad, and iPhone. It has features such as task management, Siri capture, and workflow automation.

What is Remember the Milk?

Remember the Milk Technical Details

Reviewers rate Task Management highest, with a score of 8.5.

The most common users of Remember the Milk are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Marketing & Advertising industry.

Jürgen Strauss | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Todoist: To-Do List & Task Manager
Very similar features. Remember the Milk has been around for longer and has constantly been improving by adding features such as integration with Zapier and IFTT; enabling attachments from Dropbox and Google Drive; integrating with Google Assistant and Siri; and smartwatches. Unlike many other apps, RTM makes it easy to import and export tasks.
Google Tasks is a much simpler task-keeping interface, and I use it for the most important tasks on my phone. It does not offer tags, priorities, or distinguish between lists/tasks. It does let me star tasks, but does not let me determine the priority levels. I can also move tasks to different lists, but they can be hard to manage if there are too many, so I generally do not use this feature.

For me, Google Tasks is ideal for very simple "I need to write this down" type tasks that are of high priority. It is not a good brain dumping tool because tasks can easily get lost. This is more for those nagging tasks that I want to do and make sure there is an appropriate alarm for. It also integrates well with my Android home screen.

However, when I have lots of tasks I want to categorize, or I do want to do more of a brain dump type thing, I think Remember the Milk is far better. I can have more control over priorities, tags, assigning tasks to others, and other robust features.