https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ZH/3s/N438SXNVBQ6N.JPEGAccelerated Math - Wonderful!I use Renaissance Accelerated Math in our 6th, 7th and 8th grade classrooms. It was purchased just for my classroom, at my request. The program helps with intervention and allows me to assess my students and create differentiated, individualized content for each of my students.,Gives instantaneous and detailed data in each student. Allows students to track there own data and learning targets. Allows for easy intervention and differentiation.,Does have a learning curve for new users. Relies on technology, which might not always be available. Requires daily maintenance from the teacher,10,It has helped our students achieve data benchmarks in order to avoid retention It has dramatically improved standardized test scores It has improved student's sense of accomplishment by achieving goals regularlyAccel Math=Accel StudentsPersonalizing education is the most successful thing I have done for not only my classroom as a group, but my students individually, as well. I have taught the traditional way with whole group instruction followed by an assignment from the text book. I tested and assessed at the end of each chapter and unit. Then, we moved on. That worked to an extent, however, I found myself doing a lot of re-teaching and my intervention groups large in numbers. I was pressuring myself to move on in order to cover the needed content for the year. I didn’t feel like the students had complete mastery of the objectives. Then, I started using the Renaissance Learning Accelerated Math and STAR Math assessment programs. Wow! I was amazed at how this allowed me to focus on each individual student and their needs plus successes. I found my students mastering content within a more time efficient manner and it allowed me to have continual daily dialogue with all of my students. This approach paved the way for me to be able to establish a relationship with each of my students. It didn’t depend on their learning ability either. I was conversing with every student daily and multiple times. I became more engaged with each step of their learning. I was able to see exactly what part of the learning objective they were struggling with and which ones they were mastering easily. Catching the “mistake” immediately, therefore, re-teaching immediately was allowing my strategies to be more effective. The students became more involved with their learning, nevertheless, it contributed to highly effective learning. We push the idea of “highly effective” teachers. What about pushing for “highly effective” learners? Don’t they go hand-in-hand? We use it school-wide to some degree.,“Kids don’t care what you know until they know that you care.” One of the very first things I learned my first five years of teaching, except that student teaching does not really prepare you, is that it is my job to help my students succeed, not to just give them a grade. In the beginning, I taught the lesson, assigned work, administered tests, and took grades. I did that because that is how we are supposed to determine efficiency. Right? No, Wrong. I learned this the hard way and, sadly and regrettably, at the expense of my students at that time. Over time, I noticed how sometimes it took re-teaching along with small group instruction and interventions for students to understand and master the concepts. Since then, I have allowed for them to fix, re-do, and re-re-do their work, as needed. I focus on my interventions just as much as I do my initial teaching of the objective. Making sure that they truly understand and master the content before moving on to another objective helps me just as much as it helps them. It saves me from continually re-teaching. Slow and steady does win the race. This approach allows me to help the student master objectives with more efficiency. Accelerated Math has allowed for me to individualize my instruction and interventions. I love this program. Truly! I have three types of students; above, on target, and below. This program allows for growth in each area. However, I have found the most growth in my bottom quartile. Why? I believe it is because I am able to recognize a problem or issue with a particular objective immediately. I, then, can address that issue immediately before the bad habits or wrong approach is repeated. This program is masked as a whole-group classroom approach, however, the most important components are found under the mask. One-on-one instruction is how I describe it to educators. My students are actively engaged in their own learning. They are also actively engaged in the learning of their peers, as well. I use a lot of peer tutoring techniques. They have access to knowing who is also working on mastering the same objective(s) they are working on plus they know who has already mastered said objective. This allows them to know who to go to for effective help. They are able to steer their own learning to a point. They can ask a peer or me. They can get on Accel math and look at the objective and see completed answers for a reference. This also boosts the confidence of their own understanding. They feel confident in having control of the path they want to use for gaining knowledge. Peer-tutoring and peer-discussions give them the opportunity to say out loud what they are thinking/feeling about a concept and rationalize their approach to evaluating said concept. As the teacher, I play various roles. I can teach, facilitate a small group, or just be an observer. A lot of times, I just ask open-ended questions to jump start their own questions. Accel Math has assisted my math classrooms with tremendous gains. My test scores have gone up significantly. My students have a greater sense of accomplishment since they have been given the "driver's seat" for their own learning. This makes my heart smile! ;),On-line practices need to be able to be re-scored by the teacher. Group the objectives within the standards, then the educator can decide which ones they want. Add more to the Accel Reader like the math has. Accel Reader is limited as [far as] using for daily teaching.,10,My test scores have increased dramatically. Student involvement is higher. Student/teacher interactions are more effective.,,3,We love accelerated math!We use Accelerated Math in our elementary schools in the district (14 schools). I make sure students are loaded into the software appropriately, and also give feedback to principals on which classes use the software, and use it effectively. I train new teachers on the use of the software also.,Classrooms that use Accelerated Math with fidelity have higher high-stakes math scores than other classrooms. Accelerated Math allows teachers to differentiate instruction with the computer doing the necessary background preparation. There are many resources for help in learning math concepts.,Over the years, Renaissance has added the ability to do math lessons online. This has helped with the tons of printed papers needed to run the program sufficiently. Accelerated Math 2.0 has never been used in our district because it took away the 'differentiation' piece that was such a plus!,10,Accelerated Math has had positive results in our district! Test scores soar where it is used with fidelity!Accelerated Math: The Differentiation ChampionAccelerated Math (AM) is used in our school district for differentiating math instruction. AM is used in different capacities and for varying purposes depending on the grade level and integration by each teacher. Accelerated Math enables teachers to differentiate for multiple purposes, including math topics, students' level of understanding, and small/large group instruction.,AM is perfect for differentiating by ability level across all grade levels. Accelerated Math allows teachers to accelerate learning for gifted and high-ability students better than any product I've ever used. Accelerated Math is a good fit in regular education classrooms AND in intervention settings, for both Tier 2 and 3 instruction.,Some interface features could be improved.,10,AM has enabled my students to accelerate beyond my imagination.,,Skyward HRMS, Google Classroom, Google Drive, Google FormsAccelerated Math makes learning fun!Our school purchased Renaissance and it is available for use in all classrooms.,Helps students retain what they are learning. Motivates students to want to try and do well. Increases learning levels.,Program changes. I learned how to use Accelerated Math and then the new Accelerated Math 2.0 came out. I have not received the training and don't know how to use it.,10,Student learning has improved BIG time! Student motivation also increased!,Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360,Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360
Renaissance Accelerated Math

Renaissance Accelerated Math Reviews

Renaissance Accelerated Math
Filter 7 vetted Renaissance Accelerated Math reviews and ratings
Laura West profile photo
July 28, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Math: "Accelerated Math - Wonderful!"

• Gives instantaneous and detailed data in each student.
  • Allows students to track there own data and learning targets.
  • Allows for easy intervention and differentiation.
  • Does have a learning curve for new users.
  • Relies on technology, which might not always be available.
  • Requires daily maintenance from the teacher
Renaissance Accelerated Math is an excellent tool for practicing and reinforcing previously learned math skills. It is also a wonderful tool for assessing student growth and content weaknesses. It works well in a classroom that has access to technology and time to implement every day.
Read Laura West's full review
Missy Berry profile photo
April 12, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Math Review: "Accel Math=Accel Students"

Personalizing education is the most successful thing I have done for
not only my classroom as a group, but my students individually, as well. I have
from the text book. I tested and assessed at the end of each chapter and unit.
Then, we moved on. That worked to an extent, however, I found myself doing a
lot of re-teaching and my intervention groups large in numbers. I was
pressuring myself to move on in order to cover the needed content for the year.
I didn’t feel like the students had complete mastery of the objectives. Then, I
started using the Renaissance Learning Accelerated Math and STAR Math
assessment programs. Wow! I was amazed at how this allowed me to focus on each
individual student and their needs plus successes. I found my students
mastering content within a more time efficient manner and it allowed me to have
continual daily dialogue with all of my students. This approach paved the way
for me to be able to establish a relationship with each of my students. It
didn’t depend on their learning ability either. I was conversing with every
student daily and multiple times. I became more engaged with each step of their
struggling with and which ones they were mastering easily. Catching the
“mistake” immediately, therefore, re-teaching immediately was allowing my
strategies to be more effective. The students became more involved with their
learning, nevertheless, it contributed to highly effective learning. We push
the idea of “highly effective” teachers. What about pushing for “highly
effective” learners? Don’t they go hand-in-hand?

We use it school-wide to some degree.

• “Kids don’t care what you know until they know that you care.”
  • One of the very first things I learned my first five years of teaching, except that student teaching does not really prepare you, is that it is my job to help my students succeed, not to just give them a grade. In the beginning, I taught the lesson, assigned work, administered tests, and took grades. I did that because that is how we are supposed to determine efficiency. Right? No, Wrong. I learned this the hard way and, sadly and regrettably, at the expense of my students at that time. Over time, I noticed how sometimes it took re-teaching along with small group instruction and interventions for students to understand and master the concepts. Since then, I have allowed for them to fix, re-do, and re-re-do their work, as needed.
  • I focus on my interventions just as much as I do my initial teaching of the objective. Making sure that they truly understand and master the content before moving on to another objective helps me just as much as it helps them. It saves me from continually re-teaching. Slow and steady does win the race. This approach allows me to help the student master objectives with more efficiency.
  • Accelerated Math has allowed for me to individualize my instruction and interventions. I love this program. Truly! I have three types of students; above, on target, and below. This program allows for growth in each area. However, I have found the most growth in my bottom quartile. Why? I believe it is because I am able to recognize a problem or issue with a particular objective immediately. I, then, can address that issue immediately before the bad habits or wrong approach is repeated.
  • This program is masked as a whole-group classroom approach, however, the most important components are found under the mask. One-on-one instruction is how I describe it to educators. My students are actively engaged in their own learning. They are also actively engaged in the learning of their peers, as well. I use a lot of peer tutoring techniques. They have access to knowing who is also working on mastering the same objective(s) they are working on plus they know who has already mastered said objective. This allows them to know who to go to for effective help. They are able to steer their own learning to a point. They can ask a peer or me. They can get on Accel math and look at the objective and see completed answers for a reference. This also boosts the confidence of their own understanding. They feel confident in having control of the path they want to use for gaining knowledge. Peer-tutoring and peer-discussions give them the opportunity to say out loud what they are thinking/feeling about a concept and rationalize their approach to evaluating said concept. As the teacher, I play various roles. I can teach, facilitate a small group, or just be an observer. A lot of times, I just ask open-ended questions to jump start their own questions.
  • Accel Math has assisted my math classrooms with tremendous gains. My test scores have gone up significantly. My students have a greater sense of accomplishment since they have been given the "driver's seat" for their own learning. This makes my heart smile! ;)
  • On-line practices need to be able to be re-scored by the teacher.
  • Group the objectives within the standards, then the educator can decide which ones they want.
  • Add more to the Accel Reader like the math has. Accel Reader is limited as [far as] using for daily teaching.
I use it in all aspects of my teaching, so this questions is irrelevant for my classroom approach.
Read Missy Berry's full review
Brenda Curtis profile photo
April 27, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Math: "We love accelerated math!"

• Classrooms that use Accelerated Math with fidelity have higher high-stakes math scores than other classrooms.
  • Accelerated Math allows teachers to differentiate instruction with the computer doing the necessary background preparation.
  • There are many resources for help in learning math concepts.
  • Over the years, Renaissance has added the ability to do math lessons online. This has helped with the tons of printed papers needed to run the program sufficiently.
  • Accelerated Math 2.0 has never been used in our district because it took away the 'differentiation' piece that was such a plus!
Accelerated Math is great at all levels! It is a great way to start even kinder students in taking responsibility for their math learning. I have seen K students doing math well above the norm because teachers used Accelerated Math. If a teacher has a negative impression of the program, it rarely succeeds, so buy-in is critical! A teacher has to allow a little 'noise' in order for students to become independent learners.
Read Brenda Curtis's full review
David Keech profile photo
March 30, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Math: "Accelerated Math: The Differentiation Champion"

• AM is perfect for differentiating by ability level across all grade levels.
  • Accelerated Math allows teachers to accelerate learning for gifted and high-ability students better than any product I've ever used.
  • Accelerated Math is a good fit in regular education classrooms AND in intervention settings, for both Tier 2 and 3 instruction.
  • Some interface features could be improved.
Accelerated Math is very effective when used for Tier 2 and 3 intervention, as well as being ideal to use with gifted students. Personalized learning is extremely easy and effective with Accelerated Math.
Read David Keech's full review
Dayna Rachel Ball profile photo
April 21, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Math: "Accelerated Math makes learning fun!"

Our school purchased Renaissance and it is available for use in all classrooms.
  • Helps students retain what they are learning.
  • Motivates students to want to try and do well.
  • Increases learning levels.
  • Program changes. I learned how to use Accelerated Math and then the new Accelerated Math 2.0 came out. I have not received the training and don't know how to use it.
[Renaissance Accelerated Math is well suited for] Classroom learning. I would split it up during my class time. I don't think it would be appropriate to use it on its own.
Read Dayna Rachel Ball's full review
Meredith Sanders profile photo
March 27, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Math Review: "Renaissance Learning Rocks!"

Our district uses Accelerated Math. In my school (4/5 grade) we utilize Accelerated Math daily in most classrooms. I love that it can be used on paper or computer-based. I also enjoy the flexibly of grade level questions available. I can use it to remediate or enrich my students.
  • Gives feedback with their TOPS report.
  • Gives teachers data about the strengths and weaknesses of each student.
  • Gives teachers access to a variety of questions.
  • I'm satisfied
I can reach all of my students using this one program!
Read Meredith Sanders's full review

Renaissance Accelerated Math Scorecard Summary

About Renaissance Accelerated Math

Renaissance Accelerated Math® aims to provide deep math practice at the unique levels students need for them to grow – from foundational skills to grade-level standards. The software integrates with Star Math data to place students in instructional groups. Each group then receives tailored assignments based on state standards. Assignments incorporate multiple skill levels and tasks at Depth of Knowledge levels 2 and 3. Fast scoring and reporting give educators and their students immediate feedback so that progress can be measured.

According to the vendor, key benefits include:

• Students are nearly twice as likely to be college and career ready when they practice with Renaissance Accelerated Math®.
  • Renaissance Accelerated Math® is highly rated for progress monitoring mastery measurement by the National Center on Intensive Intervention (NCII).
  • The Council of Administrators of Special Education endorses Renaissance Accelerated Math® for improving outcomes for students with disabilities.
  • A strong research base of 101 scientific studies and reviews backs Renaissance Accelerated Math®, which ensures that you have scientifically-sound math practice and reliable data for instructional decisions.