- Set individualized goals for students
- Track student progress over time
- Integrated with STAR 360 assessments to help with placement
- It could be a little easier to find certain reports if their names were more self explanatory.
- On some screens, it can get confusing to move back and forth between the goals and quizzes screens.
- It would be great to have a mechanism within Renaissance Place to alert admin to remove students from your classes when they move.
Our staff, students and parents love Accelerated Reader and are improving their reading skills by practising reading more.
- Students read at their ZPD so they are reading just right texts
- Success is the best motivator and AR quizzes make students feel successful
- Accelerated Reader makes monitoring student progress easy for the teacher by easy to use reports and diagnostic tools
- Reports should show total points and books read over the years.
- It tests students knowledge of books and how close they paid attention to the story.
- It provides good data for how well a student is growing in their reading abilities.
- It gives a good level of reading for our students and allows teachers to see what grade level they are close to.
- The quizzes test more details from a story versus the comprehension of the story.
- Accurate correlation to state testing standards
- Program is very user-friendly
- Support staff is always available to answer questions
- As an admin for our campus subscription, I would like to be able to see when and what adjustments teachers are making on student preferences.
- I wish the lexile levels would reflect true lexiles from STAAR testing rather than reflect the ATOS.
- Accelerated Reader gives immediate feedback.
- It provides clear and concise instructions.
- Accelerated Reader provides data to assist with instructional planning.
- I would like to see a feature that will notify the building admin that a child has reached their reading certification.
- I would like a feature that would generate a half size sheet of paper to include a student's username and password as well as their ZPD.
- I would like the rollover rights from year to year be given to the building admin versus the district admin.
- Renaissance Accelerated Reader has great customer service support. They are clear, concise, and respond quickly. Their live chat support service is great.
- Renaissance Accelerated Reader is constantly adding new quizzes to their data base. They keep current with the most popular books that children currently read. They also have quizzes for the timeless classics.
- Renaissance Accelerated Reader has reports that provide data ranging from the number of words students have read to a students growth trajectory. This is helpful when planning lessons to work with children in small groups or independently.
- Renaissance allows me the capability to see real time quizzing data. This allows for me to monitor students' progress while also working with other children. I am able to my time efficiently and effectively.
- It was helpful--and quicker--when my students were able to log in to Accelerated Reader through the iPad app. Unfortunately, the app is not going to be supported. My students will still be able to use the iPad for quizzing and STAR assessments. It is just a couple of extra steps.
- Accelerated Reader provides informational text passages that help prepare students for college.
- The dashboard on Accelerated Reader is up to date with current information at glance that can be modified.
- Students can monitor their own progress towards meeting Accelerated Reader goals.
- Creating Spanish reports similar to the ones accessed in English.
- Simplifying the way books students can find an AR quiz. It does not find books if students are missing a "question mark" or "exclamation mark".
- Deleting a quiz when a student enters the wrong book title and begins a quiz. It has been difficult to remove a quiz and the quiz appears even after the monitor password has been entered.
- Provides data used to drive instruction
- Allows students to choose books they are interested in
- Shows students progress toward goals
- Encourages students to grow
- Teaches students what they are capable of
- Increases reading stamina
- Includes parents in praising students
- Keeps parents informed
- Provides teachers with small group instruction
- It would be nice if students could stop Accelerated Reader tests without a teacher's password.
- I'd like for students to know the percent of their goal reached, even after they reach 100%. For example, when they are at 125% of goal.
- Assesses basic book comprehension.
- Allows for quick data access.
- Allows students to set goals.
- Students gain immediate feedback on how they understood the content of their book through the questions asked about their reading.
- Students can monitor their own progress.
- Teachers have ready and useful information on student reading, plus a detailed book list of books completed.
- It would be useful if there were more options for a teacher to set up feedback for students. Like some preferences to point out to students their overall percent of questions answered correct for example.
- I think there could be more options on the bookshelf for students, perhaps even a "gamification" option so teachers could set it that students get certain acheivements for reading a specific number of books and/or staying at a certain percentage correct or higher, etc.
- I would like to see students be able to easily see their fiction vs. non-fiction reading progress, perhaps on their bookshelf.
Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360
Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360® is designed to save educators time by empowering them with Learnalytics® to make differentiating independent and close reading practice effortless – all while maintaining the flexibility necessary to fit within existing classroom routines. Students are engaged in reading self-selected authentic books and articles.
Short comprehension quizzes and built-in close reading practice activities, combined with automatic and educator feedback, keep students accountable for their learning. Dashboards and reporting provide users with the insights necessary to identify quickly which students need more support, which skills each student is ready to learn, and which resources will cultivate proven growth.
According to the vendor, key benefits include:
- Students are nearly twice as likely to be college and career ready with they practice with Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360®.
- A strong research base of 178 scientific studies and review backs Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360®, which ensures that you have scientifically sound practice and reliable data for instructional decisions.
- The Council of Administrators of Special Education endorses Renaissance Accelerated Reader® for improving outcomes for students with disabilities.
Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|