https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/ZH/3s/4V39QZOWUQFE.JPEGBuilding-Wide ARWe use AR for our school-wide reading and incentive program. Students set a goal to work toward and read/test throughout the school year. We hold quarterly assemblies by grade level to recognize the accomplishments of students and to further encourage others. Students enjoy seeing their success and encourage each other to do their best. I enjoy being a part of the success of students using AR!,Very helpful support staff. Staff listens to user concerns and adjusts accordingly. The program itself is very user-friendly,Students are always looking for books to be added for tests!,10,Students are reading! Students enjoy reading!AR 360 is ready to rumble!We use AR to help our students track their reading growth and to set goals for themselves. This system allows us to conference with our students to discuss how they are doing with reading comprehension quizzes. We are able to discuss trouble spots and make a plan of action to help them be successful.,Set individualized goals for students Track student progress over time Integrated with STAR 360 assessments to help with placement,It could be a little easier to find certain reports if their names were more self explanatory. On some screens, it can get confusing to move back and forth between the goals and quizzes screens. It would be great to have a mechanism within Renaissance Place to alert admin to remove students from your classes when they move.,9,It is a great support to our school as we are re-implementing it this year. Our teachers are excited to dive back into it. We received personalized training at the beginning of the school year that was invaluable to our staff.,,Renaissance Star 360, PowerSchool Student Information SystemAR in the classroomWe are using Renaissance Accelerated Reader schoolwide at Harwood Elementary in Vernon, BC. We are a K-7 school of about 420 kids. Everyone from Grade 2-7 participates in Accelerated Reader and has individual goals set. Students are excited to see their success on AR tests. We give out prizes for kids making it to the next level in Accelerated Reader. Classes reward students for achieving goals each term. Our staff, students and parents love Accelerated Reader and are improving their reading skills by practising reading more.,Students read at their ZPD so they are reading just right texts Success is the best motivator and AR quizzes make students feel successful Accelerated Reader makes monitoring student progress easy for the teacher by easy to use reports and diagnostic tools,Reports should show total points and books read over the years.,9,Students reading levels are improving Student engagement is improving Teacher interventions are more focused,I love Reniassance Accelerated ReaderWe currently use Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 in my school for the students to take tests about the books they are reading. It tests their comprehension of the stories that they are reading by asking questions about the stories. It is one of the best programs for schools to use to test students on their comprehension of the books they are reading along with making it a fun way to motivate them to get reading. I like all the different reports that can be created with the data collected from the tests that are taken by the students.,Tests comprehension Sets points goals for the students Fun way to see what books the students are reading,More quizzes on books Reports Quiz glitches,10,Boosts interest in reading Motivates the students to want to continue to keep reading Shows the changes in reading patternsAccelerated Reader 360Our whole school, though small, uses Accelerated Reader 360. We love the program and being able to see how well our students are paying attention to the books and stories being read. It is also a user-friendly service that helps teachers and parents watch the progress of their child/student. Our students are on the program every day and it is very user-friendly for them as well.,It tests students knowledge of books and how close they paid attention to the story. It provides good data for how well a student is growing in their reading abilities. It gives a good level of reading for our students and allows teachers to see what grade level they are close to.,The quizzes test more details from a story versus the comprehension of the story.,10,The program is expensive for a small school but the service is well worth it.,,Renaissance Accelerated Math
Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Reviews

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360
Filter 16 vetted Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 reviews and ratings
Rory Morse, Ed.D. profile photo
December 11, 2018

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review: "Building-Wide AR"

• Very helpful support staff.
  • Staff listens to user concerns and adjusts accordingly.
  • The program itself is very user-friendly
  • Students are always looking for books to be added for tests!
AR is well suited for building-wide use as a program to encourage reading and foster literacy success.
Read Rory Morse, Ed.D.'s full review
November 06, 2018

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review: "AR 360 is ready to rumble!"

• Set individualized goals for students
  • Track student progress over time
  • Integrated with STAR 360 assessments to help with placement
  • It could be a little easier to find certain reports if their names were more self explanatory.
  • On some screens, it can get confusing to move back and forth between the goals and quizzes screens.
  • It would be great to have a mechanism within Renaissance Place to alert admin to remove students from your classes when they move.
I have always had great success when using Accelerated Reader. My students love the goal setting and look forward to see how far they can go with their point goals. I have some students who are extremely motivated by this and work to see how far past their goal they can get. It is also great for my lower readers as it provides scaffolding and encouragement for them.
andrew taylor profile photo
February 01, 2018

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review: "AR in the classroom"

• Students read at their ZPD so they are reading just right texts
  • Success is the best motivator and AR quizzes make students feel successful
  • Accelerated Reader makes monitoring student progress easy for the teacher by easy to use reports and diagnostic tools
  • Reports should show total points and books read over the years.
It is appropriate for low readers in low socio economic schools. I don't think it is inappropriate anywhere.
Read andrew taylor's full review
Alisha Taylor profile photo
April 09, 2018

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360: "I love Reniassance Accelerated Reader"

• Tests comprehension
  • Sets points goals for the students
  • Fun way to see what books the students are reading
  • More quizzes on books
  • Reports
  • Quiz glitches
It is well suited for my school because all of our students love to read and are always reading a book. So it is a great way to test and then reward their achievements.
Read Alisha Taylor's full review
Kelsie Haggard profile photo
April 04, 2018

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360: "Accelerated Reader 360"

• It tests students knowledge of books and how close they paid attention to the story.
  • It provides good data for how well a student is growing in their reading abilities.
  • It gives a good level of reading for our students and allows teachers to see what grade level they are close to.
  • The quizzes test more details from a story versus the comprehension of the story.
Accelerated Reader is great for students of all grade levels and good for schools of all sizes from our small school to a much larger school.
Read Kelsie Haggard's full review
October 11, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review: "Renaissance"

We use STAR testing for math and reading in grades 5-8 and have found that it truly helps us identify those students that are struggling in those areas. This gives us the opportunity to focus some attention on those students and their weak areas before the STAAR test comes around for those kids, especially the 5th and 8th grades. Over the years, we have found that this program really helps us project who will be successful and those that need extra time and help before the state test rolls around.
  • Accurate correlation to state testing standards
  • Program is very user-friendly
  • Support staff is always available to answer questions
  • As an admin for our campus subscription, I would like to be able to see when and what adjustments teachers are making on student preferences.
  • I wish the lexile levels would reflect true lexiles from STAAR testing rather than reflect the ATOS.
It's a great tool for determining which students need intervention.
September 13, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review: "Drop Everything and Read"

We use Accelerated Reader school-wide to assess student comprehension and to motivate/cultivate life long learners. We can measure growth and/or regression in the area of reading comprehension when monitored regularly.
  • Accelerated Reader gives immediate feedback.
  • It provides clear and concise instructions.
  • Accelerated Reader provides data to assist with instructional planning.
  • I would like to see a feature that will notify the building admin that a child has reached their reading certification.
  • I would like a feature that would generate a half size sheet of paper to include a student's username and password as well as their ZPD.
  • I would like the rollover rights from year to year be given to the building admin versus the district admin.
Accelerated Reader is best suited for grades 2nd - 5th. They are more independent. As noted, Accelerated Reader is a guided program. However, most schedules don't permit the time to guide students in kindergarten and first grade.
Jody Steinhaus profile photo
April 06, 2017

"Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review"

I am using Renaissance Accelerated Reader in my first and second grade classroom. AR 360 is also being used by all other classrooms--4K-5th grade--in our building. Renaissance Accelerated Reader keeps my students motivated and eager to read and improve their reading skills and strategies. Renaissance AR is the perfect fit when using the Reading Workshop Daily 5 model. Children in my classroom begin every day with reading to themselves, taking comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, and working toward their goal. I have found my students take ownership of their reading and learning and have become much more independent. They challenge themselves and each other to continually grow and improve.
  • Renaissance Accelerated Reader has great customer service support. They are clear, concise, and respond quickly. Their live chat support service is great.
  • Renaissance Accelerated Reader is constantly adding new quizzes to their data base. They keep current with the most popular books that children currently read. They also have quizzes for the timeless classics.
  • Renaissance Accelerated Reader has reports that provide data ranging from the number of words students have read to a students growth trajectory. This is helpful when planning lessons to work with children in small groups or independently.
  • Renaissance allows me the capability to see real time quizzing data. This allows for me to monitor students' progress while also working with other children. I am able to my time efficiently and effectively.
  • It was helpful--and quicker--when my students were able to log in to Accelerated Reader through the iPad app. Unfortunately, the app is not going to be supported. My students will still be able to use the iPad for quizzing and STAR assessments. It is just a couple of extra steps.
Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 is easy to use. It helps build comprehension and expand vocabulary for my students. I love it for the accountability for the read-to-self rotation.
Read Jody Steinhaus's full review
Laura Quiroz profile photo
March 31, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360: "From the bottom to the top with Accelerated Reader"

Renaissance Accelerated Reader is being implemented by our Pre - Kinder through fifth-grade teachers to monitor student reading progress. I oversee the teachers' implementation of the program for their students. All students are given a Star reading assessment to attain their zone of proximal development in order for students to select books that are within their reading level. Reading goals, daily time and points are calculated by the renaissance accelerated reader program based on the Star reading results. Teachers use the data to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of the student. Reports are run weekly to monitor student growth and progression. Teachers will use the diagnostic reports to check if students are meeting their accelerated reader goals before the end of a marking period. Accelerated reading helps increase student reading ability, vocabulary and comprehension in order to close the reading gap.
  • Accelerated Reader provides informational text passages that help prepare students for college.
  • The dashboard on Accelerated Reader is up to date with current information at glance that can be modified.
  • Students can monitor their own progress towards meeting Accelerated Reader goals.
  • Creating Spanish reports similar to the ones accessed in English.
  • Simplifying the way books students can find an AR quiz. It does not find books if students are missing a "question mark" or "exclamation mark".
  • Deleting a quiz when a student enters the wrong book title and begins a quiz. It has been difficult to remove a quiz and the quiz appears even after the monitor password has been entered.
Accelerated Reader has helped bridge the reading gap in our reluctant readers by providing goals that students work to attain each marking period. Frequent reading and quizzing have built stamina and comprehension in students that were below reading level. In the past four years, we have seen an increase in students' reading ability based on state test scores due to the consistent use of Accelerated Reader and its implementation for student success.
Read Laura Quiroz's full review
Renee Graham profile photo
May 08, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review: "Reading Magic"

It is used across the entire organization. It addresses the problem of reading practice with our students.
  • Provides data used to drive instruction
  • Allows students to choose books they are interested in
  • Shows students progress toward goals
  • Encourages students to grow
  • Teaches students what they are capable of
  • Increases reading stamina
  • Includes parents in praising students
  • Keeps parents informed
  • Provides teachers with small group instruction
  • It would be nice if students could stop Accelerated Reader tests without a teacher's password.
  • I'd like for students to know the percent of their goal reached, even after they reach 100%. For example, when they are at 125% of goal.
Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 is appropriate in any classroom, any grade level. It might be less appropriate in developmental classrooms.
Read Renee Graham's full review
Rita Platt profile photo
March 28, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review: "AR Works!"

My school uses Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 to help students learn to and love to read. It is perfect for providing a touch of accountability for students as they set and meet their own reading goals. The students love it and the teachers do as well. All in all, it is a perfect compliment to our independent reading program.
  • Assesses basic book comprehension.
  • Allows for quick data access.
  • Allows students to set goals.
I would recommend Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 for all elementary and middle schools.
Read Rita Platt's full review
May 01, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Review: "Success in Reading!"

I honestly do not know what my class would do without Accelerated Reader. It keeps them motivated to read. But you have to follow the guidelines to make them successful readers with the program. The 30 minute suggested engaged silent reading time is a must! I've had other teachers tell me that don't have that time. My response is , "You don't have time to read in reading class?" My class has achieved over 5,000 AR points with an 89% average so far this year! We have used this program for several years, and my class has been advanced each year on test scores. We have point parties and celebrations each nine weeks! Thanks again for creating such a wonderful program!
  • Points for each test taken
  • Motivation for reading
  • Teacher created tests
  • Create AR tests for the books from Reading A-Z!
I honestly don't know how any classroom thrives without this reading program.
May 01, 2017

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360: "Love Accelerated Reader!"

I cannot remember a teaching day I didn't use Accelerated Reader (AR) over the last two decades of teaching so that probably makes me a pioneer of using the original programming! I feel AR has grown with my students and met their needs over the years. It is a great reading management and feedback system. I look forward to more upgrades and continued use in the future!
  • Students gain immediate feedback on how they understood the content of their book through the questions asked about their reading.
  • Students can monitor their own progress.
  • Teachers have ready and useful information on student reading, plus a detailed book list of books completed.
  • It would be useful if there were more options for a teacher to set up feedback for students. Like some preferences to point out to students their overall percent of questions answered correct for example.
  • I think there could be more options on the bookshelf for students, perhaps even a "gamification" option so teachers could set it that students get certain acheivements for reading a specific number of books and/or staying at a certain percentage correct or higher, etc.
  • I would like to see students be able to easily see their fiction vs. non-fiction reading progress, perhaps on their bookshelf.
I love using this tool for overall daily, weekly, and reporting period goals. I think it's great!

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360 Scorecard Summary

Course catalog or library (1)
Player/Portal (2)
9.6
Learning content (1)
Mobile friendly (2)
Progress tracking & certifications (2)
9.6
Learning reporting & analytics (2)

About Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360

Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360® is designed to save educators time by empowering them with Learnalytics® to make differentiating independent and close reading practice effortless – all while maintaining the flexibility necessary to fit within existing classroom routines. Students are engaged in reading self-selected authentic books and articles.

Short comprehension quizzes and built-in close reading practice activities, combined with automatic and educator feedback, keep students accountable for their learning. Dashboards and reporting provide users with the insights necessary to identify quickly which students need more support, which skills each student is ready to learn, and which resources will cultivate proven growth.

According to the vendor, key benefits include:

• Students are nearly twice as likely to be college and career ready with they practice with Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360®.
  • A strong research base of 178 scientific studies and review backs Renaissance Accelerated Reader 360®, which ensures that you have scientifically sound practice and reliable data for instructional decisions.
  • The Council of Administrators of Special Education endorses Renaissance Accelerated Reader® for improving outcomes for students with disabilities.