Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Renaissance Accelerated Reader, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Renaissance Accelerated Reader® is designed to save educators time by empowering them with Learnalytics® to make differentiating independent and close reading practice effortless – all while maintaining the flexibility necessary to fit within existing classroom routines. Students are engaged in reading self-selected authentic books and articles.
Short comprehension quizzes and built-in close reading practice activities, combined with automatic and educator feedback, keep students accountable for their learning. Dashboards and reporting provide users with the insights necessary to identify quickly which students need more support, which skills each student is ready to learn, and which resources will cultivate proven growth.
According to the vendor, key benefits include:
- Students are nearly twice as likely to be college and career ready with they practice with Renaissance Accelerated Reader.
- A strong research base of 178 scientific studies and review backs Renaissance Accelerated Reader, which ensures that you have scientifically sound practice and reliable data for instructional decisions.
- The Council of Administrators of Special Education endorses Renaissance Accelerated Reader for improving outcomes for students with disabilities.
|Mobile Application||Mobile Web|
- students are progressing
- students are motivated
- students are taking charge of their own learning
- Growth in reading scores
- Independent accountability
- Access to literacy
- Students see success and creates confidence, even in the shy students.
- Accelerated Reader, when used correctly, can increase student growth and achievement on end of year tests.
- Accelerated Reader encourages students to choose book they are interested in to increase their reading levels which helps them in every subject.
- My students are reading so much more. We have made a class goal and I chart our progress. Other students are even committing to how much we are reading. No student is 'in trouble for not meeting their goal. We encourage all words read without negative comments.
- Motivated kids to read
- Improved reading engagement
- Helps teachers track independent reading
- Positive overall.
- Our students like it!
- It shows if students are really reading.
- Students' averages drop at the end of each quarter because they are just taking tests hoping to pick the correct answer without reading so they can get points.
- Teachers get tired of pushing another program.
- Allow students to verify that they have complete a book
- Positive gains in reading
- Increased knowledge of student achievement
- Increased parent communication
- It is difficult to bring new teachers on board without further investment in training.
- Emphasis on programs that impact "fluency" in early grades (not reading comprehension).
- Reading test results are focused on 3rd, 5th, and 8th grades as a group, rather than on the individual annual improvement of the student.
- Student success
- Increased student reading
- Increased students talking about books
- Increased student comprehension at their instructional level
- Easy way to track student progress.
- Students can use it from home and that gives them more options.
- Students read more because of the program.
- Positive test scores
- Positive individual growth
- Improved student engagement in pleasure reading
- Improved comprehension of pleasure reading books
- Improved test scores
- Positive reinforcement for students
- I have seen a strong increase in the amount of time students read each day when using the Accelerated Reader program.
- When using Accelerated Reader, I have observed students being more motivated to read each day.
- Accelerated Reader has made it very easy for me to monitor and communicate with students about their reading progress.
- Each nine weeks, the percentage of students reaching their goals increases by 15%.
- Students and teachers becoming million word readers also increases each year.
- The program is expensive for a small school but the service is well worth it.
- It has really helped my students over the years, so that is a positive.
- Students are challenged to read more.
- Students are challenged to read at their personal level.
- It is very expensive. If you decide to use it, it is best that all are invested in it. Staff that are not on board make it a difficult program to maintain.
- Provides students' individual results.