Star Assessment

March 23, 2022

The best

March 09, 2022

STAR Assessments Are Super!

March 02, 2022

Star Assessments Rock

November 22, 2021

Renaissance Star Review

August 24, 2021

Reviewer Sentiment

Positive ()
Negative ()
Learn how we calculate reviewer sentiment

TrustRadius Award Top Rated 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Renaissance Star Assessments, and make your voice heard!

What is Renaissance Star Assessments?

6 people want pricing too

What is ALEKS?

McGraw-Hill offers ALEKS (Assessment and LEarning in Knowledge Spaces), an assessment software platform providing a range of testing tools and standard or best-practice tests for subjects in primary and secondary education, as well as higher ed and homeschooling.

What is Kahoot!?

Kahoot! is a game-based learning platform designed to make it easy to create, share and play learning games or trivia quizzes in minutes from the company of the same name headquartered in Oslo.

What is Renaissance Star Assessments?

Renaissance Star 360® assessments are designed to provide the achievement and growth data educators need for screening, progress monitoring, and guiding instruction in the least amount of testing time. The vendor says, quick, clear data reporting simplifies educators’ processes for setting goals, monitoring progress, and identifying students in need of intervention. Users can track how students are responding to intervention and instruction using a research-based growth model to help set attainable goals. Star 360 charts the projected outcomes and graphs the students’ actual progress toward their goals in the same report.

Renaissance Star Assessments Features

• Supported: Renaissance Star 360® is supported by 93 scientific research studies and reviews on its reliability and validity.
  • Supported: Renaissance Star Assessments® are highly rated for screening by the National Center on Response to Intervention (NCRTI) and for progress monitoring by the National Center on Intensive Intervention (NCII).
  • Supported: Student Growth Percentile (SGP) is Renaissance Star 360’s® reliable growth measure for growth data, even as summative exams and benchmarks change. SGP gives a robust view of student growth over time by comparing a student’s previous test scores to current test scores, then measuring that growth alongside academic peers’ growth.
  • Supported: Renaissance Mastery Model automates the tracking and reporting of student data from a wide variety of sources, and converts that data into a unified measure of mastery, helping educators make timely and informed decisions about all students’ learning.
  • Supported: Renaissance Star Reading, Star Math, and Star Early Literacy are available in Spanish to help determine the best instruction to meet the needs of your Spanish-speaking English Learners.

Renaissance Star Assessments Competitors

Renaissance Star Assessments Technical Details

What is Renaissance Star Assessments's best feature?

Reviewers rate Ease of integration highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses Renaissance Star Assessments?

The most common users of Renaissance Star Assessments are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Education Management industry.

As a district, we utilize Renaissance Star 360 in grades K-8 as a universal screening tool. We’ve depended on Renaissance to provide reliable and valid screening and growth data for many years. The easy to access and read reporting suite allows the district as well as schools and teachers to make informed decisions based on data. The assessments are computer adaptive and can be administered remotely should that ever be needed. With the pandemic, it was nice to still be able to gather data to monitor achievement and progress even when not in the school buildings. Renaissance is continually improving and adapting to the changing needs of schools.
  • We have the flexibility to set our own benchmark windows. We set three as a district that are mandatory (BOY, MOY, and EOY). Then we add two more optional windows between the benchmarks for schools that need more data on specific students and/or grade levels. However, if needed, teachers can administer an assessment to students at any time of year to gather individual student data, even outside the windows.
  • Renaissance is continually improving and adapting to the changing needs of schools. They have recently added Curriculum Based Measures for the elementary grades. These progress monitoring probes track students’ developmental growth with short one minute measures (i.e. letter sounds, oral reading, rapid automatic naming, numeral recognition, addition, subtraction, and multiplication). Item level scoring and reports provide teachers with specific skill insights to determine appropriate next steps.
  • The easy to access and read reporting suite allows the district as well as schools and teachers to make informed decisions based on data. With the Star Screening Report, it’s easy to see which students are on track and which students may be at risk in reading, math, and early literacy. The Star State Performance Report is also another favorite because you can easily see which students are on track to meeting state proficiency requirements.
  • In addition to the Star assessments, Renaissance has also created an extremely large library of resources that connect the assessment with instruction giving teachers immediate access to instructional resources aligned with their students’ data.
  • We also utilize Renaissance’s Custom Data Integration services. It’s an automated process that populates student/staff/class data into Renaissance by syncing directly with our SIS. This means when a student moves in/out, it automatically syncs and no need to add/delete student accounts.
We use the assessment suite in grades K-8 and are currently looking to expand to 9-12.
Our District is using Renaissance Star Assessments for benchmarks and progress monitoring.
  • It shows the score immediately.
  • Students can navigate the website easily.
  • The teacher "side"/data is easy to navigate.
  • The graphs for each subject are not consistently the same. (ie. some graphs are by 5s and some are by 50s.) It's very confusing to read them.
  • The questions are not rigorous enough for state standards.
  • Different reports will show data that does not align. If 'state' is chosen, then all reports should show the same data. The Parent Report will show the child in 'green', but every sub-skill is in 'red'. That is super confusing for parents and teachers.
  • All reports should be based on the same score, but they are not. It is like comparing apples to oranges on the same child.
I do not feel that the questions are difficult enough for the state standards. I think district levels need to have a cut score at 80% or better districts should only be able to choose 80% or higher for the cut score.
March 23, 2022

Star Assessment

I use Star Assessments 4 times a year in my 1st-grade classroom. I love it as I can use it to make my reading groups, create personalized reading plans, and get diagnostic feedback on how to help all levels of my readers. I use it to inform parents where their kids are strong in reading and where my kids are in need of assistance.
  • Diagnostics
  • Informed Instruction
  • Personalized Reading Levels
  • More Training
  • Deeper communication
  • More detailed instructions
Star Assessments are great for the early grades teachers because it provides very detailed knowledge about how to help readers grow. Not only does it give a specific reading level, Grade equivalent, Instructional reading level, it also gives a lot of good diagnostic information. This helps to plan instruction, communicate with parents, and differentiate instruction for the fundamentals of success in reading.
Andrew Taylor | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Star assessments 3-4 times a year. All students take the Star assessment and we use the data to set students up with books at correct level. Goals are set for each student based on the Star assessment. We track the Star results over time to monitor progress and use the data to create interventions.
  • Finds student reading level
  • Provides ZPD
  • Tracks student progress over time
  • Uses close format mostly
  • Does not listen to student reading for accuracy
  • Track fluency
Teachers are able to get real data in 20 minutes. They can use this data immediately to set their students up into groups. The Record book is useful but I think it needs to include appropriate lessons to teach the skills identified by the assessment. It is great that it tells you what skills the student needs to learn but how to teach that skill would be helpful so teachers could easily set up groups and materials to run stations in class for all groups.
I have been very happy with the support. By phone or email I have found the support very good and they get back to me quickly. This survey however is wa6 overdone, expecting me to come up with 50 words on each question. It becomes very repetitive and very laborious.
March 09, 2022

The best

JESSICA MARTINDALE | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this twice a year, to gauge where the students are at and if they made any growth. Obviously, this could never be 100% as students may rush through the test or may not be focused.
  • Evaluate student growth.
  • Easy to review data.
  • Allows students to understand their levels.
  • The test is formatted [boringly] and students don’t find it entertaining.
  • They don’t give easy access for parents to understand the results.
It is great when students first start the school year as they are able to understand what type of reading books they should look at and understand their ZPD levels.
I use Star Assessments in my kindergarten classroom throughout the school year. We use Star CBM, Math, and Reading at the beginning, middle and end of the school year. We use it to track growth and help students make gains in all areas of learning. The reports help us tremendously by breaking down the individual needs of students.
  • Categorizes standards
  • Separates students by needs
  • Separates students by gains
  • The reports page is extremely difficult to find things in.
During the beginning of the year, I feel that the Star Reading needs to be read to to the early childhood students. This way they can still answer questions without having to guess or feel overwhelmed. I love the CBM letter and sounds assessment for easy determining of where students are as a whole.
This program is an amazing resource for both students and teachers to see the progress of the students throughout the school year. The data is extremely accurate and very close to the individual's achievements in their math progress. I am very curious to see how close my students projected Parcc scores are when they come out in the spring being this is my first year using this program.
  • Data management.
  • Teacher incentives such as rewards.
  • The tests are easy to monitor.
  • More prizes.
  • Fewer reports and more detailed response to the tests.
  • More training on how to use all of the different reports.
I feel that it is extremely suited to see the progress of the students throughout the school year. I think that taking this kind of assessment at least three to four times throughout the school year makes it even more useful for reading the data of students progress throughout the school year. I think this data is useful for both the students and the teachers involved with the program.
  • Online training
The data that is generated from these assessments are so thorough and accurate. I use these tests alll year to group the students and then work on what the data says I should continue to work on. I have seen the students grow incredibly after starting tongues these assessments and highly recommend!
Rita Platt | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a high-poverty school that consistently scores in the 'significantly exceeds expectations' category on our state report card with almost no gap between our students impacted by poverty and their more affluent peers. We firmly believe that the Renaissance Star Assessments tools that have helped us use data to motivate children to set goals and work hard to meet them are a huge part of our success.
  • Offers updated data.
  • Offers reports that identify which standards students need practice in.
  • Allows up to make student grouping decisions.
  • The products are great but they are very expensive.
It is well suited for any educational institution that needs to collect updated data to inform decision-making. The tools are easy to use and efficient. The reports generated are clear and easy for teachers, students, and parents to understand.
Renaissance Star Assessments are used quarterly to assess our elementary-aged students. We use both STAR Math and Reading to determine student placement and chart student growth.
  • Provides baseline data.
  • Provides student achievement data allowing us to track student improvement.
  • The reports are in-depth and well organized allowing teachers to focus on areas the class needs support with.
  • No suggestions.
With a transient student population, Renaissance Star Assessments provide a quick and easy way to assess students. The reports are varied and in-depth allowing teachers to "see" the scope of student ability) and provide a much-needed "snapshot" for class achievement. The data helps teachers drive instruction and create a classroom focused on success.
Stephania Sherman, Ed. D | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use the Renaissance Star Assessments for our benchmarking and progress monitoring. We love the reports and data as a result of the assessment, it is very helpful for teacher instruction, school wide data decision making and assessing our programs.
  • Reports
  • resources
  • communication
  • Star custom reports for details at a grade level view
  • streamlining the rostering process
Renaissance Star Assessments are great for teachers and the resources are aligned to effectively provide practice for students on a differentiated level.
December 08, 2021

Renaissance review

We use Star assessments for benchmarks 3 times a year. We also use the star programs for progress monitoring students. We use the data to guide instruction and group students. It works well with the Freckle program.
  • Grouping students.
  • Clear reports.
  • Easy use.
  • Does not take up entire screen on Chromebooks.
  • The testing well well- no suggestions.
My district is currently using them for our benchmark testing. As far as scenarios, as an elementary school- not a business- the question does not really apply. All scenarios are made to work as it is a benchmark test.
Everything has gone well.
November 22, 2021

Star Assessments Rock

I use [Renaissance] Star Assessments to progress monitor my students in math. [Renaissance Star Assessments] help me understand what skills my students have not yet mastered. Star also helps me place students in groups and work on focus skills. I can set student goals. Students can watch their own progress as they work toward their goals in math. I am also able to check their math fluency rates with addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
  • Tracks student progress
  • Targets skills that need to be mastered
  • Notifies me of skills students have already mastered
  • I need the Star CBM to be text to speech Spanish
Renaissance Star Assessments [is] a wonderful support resource for monitoring your students' growth over time.
We use STAR assessments to determine reading level and growth. STAR assessments are given at the beginning of the school year and then at the end of each quarter to guide instruction and inform decisions concerning RTI and small group formation. STAR also helps pinpoint areas of weakness and skills that are both lacking and mastered, so instruction can be more focused. STAR assessments are used school-wide in our district.
  • Assesses and assigns reading level, factoring in vocabulary, context clues, and reading strategy skills
  • Pinpoints skills areas that are weak, and suggests focus for instruction
  • Identifies skills that have been mastered, or most likely mastered
  • Assigns ATOS independent book ZPD levels
  • STAR test adapts to student performance to zero in on reading level
  • Unified scale across assessment platforms (Early Literacy and Literacy)
  • Some training required to get full benefit of program
  • More information in a "parent format" would be nice
STAR is well suited to identifying reading strengths and weaknesses. It also is good at providing an accurate independent reading level, using the ATOS system. Screening assessments include a regular literacy test for those reading at a (strong) 1st grade level through the end of 12th grade. For those students who are not strong readers yet, weaker 1st grade readers and younger, and Early Literacy test is available to gauge reading readiness. A new unified scale is used to level students, so no matter which test they take, you can see their reading level. Diagnostic reports also highlight skills likely mastered as well as identifying skills that need to be a focus for instruction. STAR Custom assessments are teacher assigned and assess individual reading skills as needed. STAR CBM assessments are more foundational and are a new addition to the platform. If you already use a phonics/sight word/ORF screening tool, then STAR CBM may not be the most useful to you at this point. As of Spring 2021, CBM data was not included in diagnostic recommendations, but there were plans to incorporate this data in the future.
JoAnn Mayfield | TrustRadius Reviewer
The School District of Colfax has been using Star Reading for 16 years. We have used Star Math for over 10 years and Star Early Literacy for 3 years. We have all students take this test monthly and students receiving RTI support take it more frequently. The benchmark testing windows of fall, winter and spring allow us to look at the students and identify students who need additional support for reading or math. Monthly testing allows students to demonstrate growth over time. The RTI students are watched closely for their growth by using Star tests.
  • Star Assessment reports can provide valuable data as we monitor all of our students.
  • Star Assessments are simple to administer and are quick to complete.
  • Star Reports can predict how students will perform on our state assessment.
  • Star Assessment reports can be modified in many ways so we can focus on different areas with our students.
  • Star Assessments identify areas where students may need additional instruction and support and provide resources to meet those needs.
  • I would like to have a function at the bottom of a report that will directly take me to the top of the page rather than having to scroll up manually.
  • It can take a lot of time for the PDF to be created. It is better than when you first began.
  • I receive error messages that a report cannot be created at this time and to come back later. Sometimes I need the information right now.
Star Assessments are well suited for most students to use with minimal support. Most students take the Star Assessments in their classroom with little assistance. Other students perform better in a smaller, quieter setting. Our RTI and Special Education students tend to perform better when pulled into a classroom with few students and less distractions. Some students do best individually so they can read the tests aloud with a teacher near.
Renaissance Star Assessments is used across the district, with students in grades K-12. It addressed instructional planning and progress monitors students throughout the school year.
  • Quickly assesses students
  • Provides reports for teachers
  • Communication between their employees
  • Reports at the district level
  • Streamlined program for users across districts/states
Renaissance Star Assessments [is] well suited for progress monitoring students throughout the year. It is a great tool to quickly assess student's knowledge. The reports provide instructional planning for teachers to use with their students. It is not beneficial to use the product as often as once a month. The instructional planning will most likely not change within a month's timespan.
We use the Renaissance Star Reading and Math Assessment school-wide for all students 2nd-6th grade at our school. As a STAR champion, I support our staff with any questions they may have regarding the administration of the assessment, troubleshooting, and advice on reports to run. We use the data to help drive our instruction - finding focus skills that are lacking, and instructional levels for achievement.
  • Detailed reports for parents
  • Detailed individual reports
  • Detailed classwide reports
  • Detailed schoolwide reports
  • Not let students speed through the assessment.
Works REALLY well to help organize and drive small group time. When all students have completed the assessment, you can group like achieving students and have a focus area. By noting focus skills needed, you can guide instruction at those levels first. If you also purchase Freckle the assessment scores dump into there and the student is automatically placed in an academic area that is accurate based on test performance.
Renaissance Star Assessments are used across our county in schools K-8. We use Star Assessments to measure and track the growth of our students in math and reading. Students are expected to take it at least every nine weeks, sometimes twice a nine weeks to allow for more data points to track struggling students.
  • Ease of testing students
  • Lots of reports available for teachers
  • Increased time limit on math assessments
  • Ease of navigation on teacher dashboard
Renaissance Star Assessments are easy to administer to students. They are also time-efficient, which is always a priority in the classroom. Progress monitoring and tracking are made easy with the reports available to teachers and administration. However, reports are not easy to find or customize from the teacher dashboard in the program.
Our county has tons of support in place for Renaissance. There are multiple training opportunities and continued learning experiences through our instructional facilitators and professional development days. Help can also be found through the Renaissance website. They have helpful FAQ pages with videos and tutorials. They also have a great training program called Renaissance Royals.
Renaissance Star Assessmentes are being used across the district and we implement it across our campus.
  • I like [that] it times students in the assessments.
  • I like that it gives them questions in different levels in the assessments, so it can determined their reading level.
  • I like that we can read that data and administer the assessments every 6 weeks, or BOY, MOY and EOY, depending classroom needs.
  • Create an assessment that equally assess students reading level (ZPDs) in their second language (in this case, Spanish).
  • I would like to see some of the data that is available in English, also in Spanish.
  • I would like for students to be able to test their reading books by letting them go back to their book just as they are able to go back to their standardized state testing reading passages.
I like that [Renaissance Star Assessments is] available in English and Spanish.
Missy Berry | TrustRadius Reviewer
Renaissance Star 360 is a complete mathematical and reading program that is used district-wide. We use the data that it provides to help steer assessment, to document student growth, and to guide instruction. With the program being aligned to the Oklahoma Academic Standards, we are able to document our coverage of the standard material. GREAT TOOL!
  • Renaissance Star 360 encompasses all the new Oklahoma Academic Standards which is helpful in documenting the requirements.
  • Renaissance Star 360 allows for immediate data and feedback on where the teacher should start with intervention techniques and strategies.
  • It illustrates a student's growth pattern for the teacher, administration, and parents. It takes away the guessing game of where a child is performing.
  • It is a great tool for individualized instruction.
  • There is a lot of data to filter through.
  • The online reports could be combined.
  • It is a great tool for individualized instruction. I would like to keep the AM tho.
Renaissance Star 360 is really well suited in all classroom realms. It can benefit the below-average, average, and advanced learners. It is a great tool for individualized instruction.
The entire support team with all Renaissance programs is top notch!!!!!!!!!! It is a great tool for individualized instruction. Their staff is very knowledgeable!
  • Self-taught
Renaissance STAR Assessments are used in our schools to monitor student growth and progress. We are able to identify areas of academic strength and growth for each student. STAR Assessments are used by our whole school and this helps create consistency across grade levels. This platform is easy for teachers and students to use.
  • Renaissance STAR Assessments provide multiple reporting options for student data.
  • Renaissance STAR Assessments are easy to administer.
  • Renaissance STAR Assessments provide a consistent and predictable format for students during testing.
  • I would love to see an RTI progress monitoring option available in the platform.
  • I would enjoy students being able to select from a choice of pre-calculated goals before testing.
  • I think it would be awesome for STAR to provide student-friendly graphs of their progress over time.
Renaissance STAR Assessments are most appropriate when reviewing student progress and growth over time. These reports can be shared with students and families. The results can be used to guide instruction.
STAR Assessments are not appropriate for grading purposes. These assessments are also not appropriate to be used daily/weekly for a quick check of academic growth.
After using the product for multiple years, I am very pleased with the assessment administration and report options. I use STAR Assessment data regularly and review the different reports to guide instruction. There are many different report options to help meet the needs of the teacher and student. STAR Assessments are a valuable assessment tool for the classroom.
We use Star testing 3 times per school year to track student growth. Since it is a progressive test we can use the data obtained to inform differentiated instruction. The students have a 95% plus participation rate, which is for kindergarten through high school. That's impressive, especially for the older students who are so much less likely to participate.
  • Progressive questions
  • Reasonable test length
  • Quick results
  • Aligning state standards to test content reports.
  • Individual reporting for targeted student instruction.
One of the big problems with standardized testing is time allotted for testing. Our school's population has so many different needs that students experience and there is also a high percentage with IEPs and 504s. It is helpful that Star testing can test such a wide range of skills across so many students' ages.
Renaissance Star Assessments is a screener to determine students' reading levels. Classroom teachers normally use the data as a snapshot or first glimpse of their students. It provides a general idea of where your student stands as far as their reading level. Teachers have the option to dive deeper into the results to target instruction after the first assessment.
  • Provides approximate reading level
  • Class reports
  • Easy student access
  • Very confusing layout
  • Too many steps for one report
  • Dashboard has sooo many options!
Renaissance Star Assessments helps us find students who are not making growth and need further investigation. However, it is unreliable-- some of the questions do not relate to current curriculum standards. Students don't take the test all that seriously because it is unlike the curriculum set up they are used to.
I joined the Renaissance online community so that has given me lots of ideas. However, I still have to search through tons of posts and discussion threads to find what I need. Online help is available to teachers to find what you are looking for but it is often hard to explain in a chat bubble what you need exactly. I think teacher support is lacking.
Renaissance Star Assessments is used across the district as a benchmark assessment. It satisfies the state's Benchmark assessment requirement as well as the "read by grade 3" law assessment requirements.
  • They assess without requiring excessive amounts of time, leaving more time for actual learning and instruction.
  • There are a variety of reports available for different needs.
  • Their norm data and percentile measures are statistically adjusted for weeks of instruction/ date the test is taken in relation to the norming study.
  • The program is often slow and hangs up. It spins endlessly in a loop, frozen and requiring a refresh, when trying to create a pdf a great deal of the time.
  • The reports can be made into a pdf, but unfortunately not an Excel/csv export--Unlike most other testing programs like NWEA/Map or iReady. The full data export that you can do is, big, slow to create, and missing information found in the reports--requiring me to make Excel programs to find and create/calculate the information (like summary data) already found in the Star reports but not exportable in csv form or to bring up in a report and manually enter the data (and the reports themselves do not lend to easily copy and pasting into excel directly from the screen, so no work around).
  • You cannot easily create groups made up of students from various classes and teachers to share then share with other teachers. The system is more designed to create groups from within a single class. My district needs to make groups from across teachers, classes, etc., needs to have the groups available as source/student selections for all reports, and then needs to be able to easily be shared--even if the group is made up of students a teacher (or person the group is shared with) does not normally have in a class. The groups you can make are also not available to choose as source students for most reports. ALL reports need to be able to be comprised of students from a group, and not just from teachers and classes.
  • When a student leaves the district, the RDI system not only removes the student from teachers/classes/groups, but deletes them and their records from the entire system. We often need to look back to check scores for State reporting or to forward to an old student's new district, and Renaissance/Star360 does not have anything available; the student and all their information is gone. I have to constantly take and save full csv exports, and when I need an old score, I have to try and search to find the right export, then search through the huge, messy export to find the required information. Once a student is removed, Renaissance/Star360 seriously needs to just remove them from classes, schools, groups, etc. but still have their information/previous testing results available to lookup
  • If you need to find testing information quickly on a single student, you cannot just go to the student and see their score. You have to know the teacher, class, and grade they are in, then go to the teacher, then go to the class, before you can get to the student to get their information. As a school/District level person, I have the student's name and grade, but often have NO idea of exactly which teacher and class they are in. I then have to first waste my time looking the student up in my district's SIS (PowerSchool) to get all the needed information just to look them up. Seems like it would be an easy solution to keep all the same, but add an ability to get a basic report on a student by looking the student up directly under "Users" (a simple report like you get when you click on an individual student in the Record book). This is where you could tie in the ability to look up historical information on student who left the district during the school year and solve the previous problem/missing functionality as well!
Well suited to quickly assess students and for teachers to quickly get a basic report to detail the results of a specific class or student in their class. Good for a teacher checking their specific class and student in their specific class or grouping students within their class. It is less well suited for school and district level use where specific data is not exportable, student results are deleted and not retrievable immediately after they leave the school/district, you want school-wide groups, or you need info on a specific student out of many classes and you must go to the teacher and then a class to get the info on a student and not directly to a student.
Their chat feature is very nice and convenient and I get an immediate initial response. Unfortunately, their first line personnel are often not very knowledgeable and either can't help or give incorrect or incomplete information. On major issues or when I requested it, however, they have passed the inquires on to more senior technical or customer service personnel and they have been very good at resolving those issues.
We use it 3 times per year for assessment as well as in between for progress monitoring if needed.
  • Predicts grade equivalency.
  • Offers guided skill practice.
  • It would be great if Early Star had two separate tests for reading and math.
  • I wish Star had its own built-in remedial program and placed students based on the skill deficiency.
It is great for giving fairly accurate grade equivalency. I think some of the vocabulary is a little hard for our extremely rural students.
Each time I have used support, I have always had my questions answered courteously an accurately.
January 22, 2020

Star Assessments Review

Star math assessments are given to monitor students with their math progress. It allows me to see how they are doing in a variety of comparative situations.
  • It is easy to see what standards the students need help with.
  • It is easy to see progress or areas where students are at risk.
  • There is room for improvement accessing the discussion portion of the site.
  • It would be great if there was a step by step manual of some sort that explained what the data means so it would be easier to sift through.
It is great as a progress monitoring test. It is also useful to give it at the beginning of the year as a measure of where students are starting and what they already know.