Reviews (1-25 of 25)
- Renaissance Star 360 provides detailed reports to help in diagnosing student needs within the math and reading standards. This is great because these reports can aid in working on an educational plan for students.
- Renaissance Star 360 allows for teachers to tailor reports to the individual needs of the instructor. These reports can detail the testing data in very specific formats.
- Renaissance Star 360 provides teachers with plans and activities that meet the benchmarks and standards for reading and math. This is truly a time saver for teachers.
- Renaissance Star 360 should allow teachers to modify information included in reports. Sometimes teachers and administrators need information presented in a different way from the standard reports given.
- Renaissance Star 360 should allow for students to increase their ZPD each time they take the STAR rather than only basing it on the initial score.
- Renaissance Star 360 should give teachers an analysis of types of questions missed so that teachers can assess testing issues with the students.
- Renaissance Star 360 encompasses all the new Oklahoma Academic Standards which is helpful in documenting the requirements.
- Renaissance Star 360 allows for immediate data and feedback on where the teacher should start with intervention techniques and strategies.
- It illustrates a student's growth pattern for the teacher, administration, and parents. It takes away the guessing game of where a child is performing.
- There is a lot of data to filter through.
- The online reports could be combined.
- The program places students where they need to be as far as reading level
- Keeps up with reading progress
- Helps teachers to know what educational needs of the child needs to be addressed
- Praises students who have gone above and beyond
- Easy to administer, take and obtain results
- Easier manipulation of the web site for adults
- Could you create a cheat sheet to help us get to the areas which are in high demand?
- I love the chat help! But lately during the beginning of the year, I had to wait my turn. Hire more people during this peak time!
- Need to address excessive cost!
- Has crashed once for us and we lost the whole class's results.
Renaissance Star 360 is well suited in the lower grades. The students enjoy reading, earning points and showing progress.
My concern is in the upper grades. we need to find something to help motivate the students who does not want to read or who feels it is not cool to be a reader! Time and time again our students are turned onto reading, the Star reinforces the students reading improvement!
- Data management.
- Teacher incentives such as rewards.
- The tests are easy to monitor.
- More prizes.
- Fewer reports and more detailed response to the tests.
- More training on how to use all of the different reports.
- Renaissance Star 360 has excellent, easy to use reports.
- Renaissance Star 360 saves teachers time by building customized reports to show how to group students and what concepts they are struggling with as a whole or individually.
- Renaissance Star 360 provides teachers with lessons, videos, and questions that are aligned to our state standards.
- We would like to see similar reports for the Spanish as are provided in English for Reading and Math.
- I love the immediate feedback!
- I like the different reports that I can print off
- I like being able to chart my student's growth and teach them how to chart as well
- I struggle with finding the correct form I need when I need it. I am constantly having to look through different reports to find the one I want.
- There are some AR tests that aren't on there that I think should be.
- I have absolutely nothing else to say. I love this product!
- Engages students.
- Creates motivation for learning.
- Provides data to help students with their weaknesses.
- Math Facts in a Flash could have better graphics and be more engaging to young students.
- On the flower page when students finish a quiz, the page could tell students how many more tests they need to make their goal.
- Monitors students' growth in reading skill.
- Easy reports for teachers that allow them to view students who are below/above grade level.
- Adjust student goals based on when they began their education with our school instead of comparing them to students who have been here all year (ie: number of AR points received is below the average, the students get a negative mark for that).
- The reports are easy to understand for both teachers and parents.
- The assessments provide more than just a score. The data can be broken down by standard to really target interventions.
- Star 360 is easy for students to use. The user platform is not complicated or distracting.
- It always seems that once I know where something (i.e. report) is located, that they move things around.
- It would be nice if teachers had more control over certain settings for their students, rather than an administrator who may not know a group of kids.
- It would be nice if there were features for students to adjust the content on their screens (color, size, etc.) like we have on state testing to make it more consistent.
There are four parts to the assessment. The first part is a short demonstrative tutorial that teaches the student how to use the system. The second part is a short practice component designed to ensure that the students understand how to manipulate the mouse or use the keyboard correctly to answer each question. The third part consists of a short set of practice questions to prepare the student for the actual assessment. The final part is the actual assessment. It consists of twenty-nine early literacy and early numeracy questions. Students have one and a half minutes to answer each question before the program automatically moves them to the next question.
- Predicts how a student will do on the high-stakes end of the year assessments given by the state.
- Provides educators with great resources for RTI purposes.
- Is a quick snapshot of student performance.
- Very reliable.
- Reports clearer on filtering items.
- PUT TEST DATES ON THE TEST RECORD REPORT!! Can you tell this is important and needed? Not just on the diagnostic.
- The user reports are great for tracking individual progress.
- It is easy to organize the students according to class.
- It would be nice if you could run a report for each student in all areas instead of only being able to evaluate one subject at a time.
- Renaissance STAR 360 gives an accurate reading level for students, which helps with differentiated instruction.
- Growth reports show growth over several years; we need a report that shows growth for the current year.
- It is very hard for some students to stay focused on the test.
- GIves a good picture of where students currently stand with their reading levels.
- Allows me to help set goals for my students based on their current zone of proximal development.
- I am able to see the progress throughout the year with detailed reporting.
- I like how things are currently!
- I like the report that gives the strategies that match the Texas State assessment to show where a student needs growth to perform better.
- Parents receive a report to keep them in the loop with the data from the STAR assessment.
- I think that the reading range report should have the highest level the student has reached, not the most current level.
- Wide variety of book titles
- Many graphs for teachers to choose how to view data
- User-friendly for both students and staff
- Mid-year changes are difficult to keep up with, especially when the changes were made in May when many schools were trying to receive data graphs that were no longer there
- Be more competitively priced - they are more expensive than other reading comprehension on-line programs
- The Star assessment is not time consuming to administer. It is appropriate for a base-line measure of secondary students.
- The assessment is on the computer. Secondary students answer 34 multiple choice questions. It is a 'smart' assessment that adjusts what questions will be asked based on whether or not the previous question was answered correctly. Students rarely see questions repeated.
- The data produced by STAR is presented in an easy-to-understand format that is clear when presented to parents and students.
- The Star assessment focuses on two main reading skills: vocabulary and comprehension; however, all of the questions are done through multiple choice. While unlikely, students can 'guess' the correct answers, and this does impact the data.
- Some students will deliberately throw the test because it is used to develop goals within the Accelerated Reader program; while the students' choices aren't indicative of a flaw in the program, it is a detracting factor when the test is administered 3+times each year and connected to the reading practice portion of the program.
- Each question in the program is individually timed. This function does allow for a basic measure of fluency, however it can be tricky for students to maintain focus throughout the entire assessment, especially when answering questions about longer passages.
- There are many things that make Renaissance Star a valuable resource. One is that I can see if a student has rushed through a test thereby invalidating his or her score.
- To help students grow, Renaissance Star provides student grouping suggestions. I can also create my own groups based on personalities and what I know my students need.
- Another great aspect of the program is its ability to project whether or not a student is on target to pass the end of grade test. This is great information not only for me but also for my parents. The graph projects a trend line for success and shows where the student falls in relation. And for my Latino students, the reports can be printed in Spanish!
- One thing I would like is a live view of my students testing, and include some way to flag me if 3 questions were answered too quickly.
- Also I'd like to not have to refresh the form to see results as students finish their test.
- I'd like a trend line, even if it is not trustworthy, to begin with the second test. I'd like to share improvements or problems with my students who could be motivated to move their trend line toward the star.
- After receiving testing data, I would like a breakdown of data by strand. i.e., the percentage of geometry questions asked and answered correctly. While grouping students by strand is useful, I'd like more information to dig deeper.
Renaissance Star 360 Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Renaissance Star 360
Renaissance Star 360 Technical Details