https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/ZH/3s/AUNARC2QJQGN.JPEGVersatile Tool for Student AchievementRenaissance Star 360 is used by our K-8 school to assess students' reading and math abilities. We use both the reading and the math to chart growth and identify areas of weakness within a students' knowledge base. These scores provide us with the necessary tools to identify students needing additional help and also to identify which standards need to be addressed during instruction.,Renaissance Star 360 provides detailed reports to help in diagnosing student needs within the math and reading standards. This is great because these reports can aid in working on an educational plan for students. Renaissance Star 360 allows for teachers to tailor reports to the individual needs of the instructor. These reports can detail the testing data in very specific formats. Renaissance Star 360 provides teachers with plans and activities that meet the benchmarks and standards for reading and math. This is truly a time saver for teachers.,Renaissance Star 360 should allow teachers to modify information included in reports. Sometimes teachers and administrators need information presented in a different way from the standard reports given. Renaissance Star 360 should allow for students to increase their ZPD each time they take the STAR rather than only basing it on the initial score. Renaissance Star 360 should give teachers an analysis of types of questions missed so that teachers can assess testing issues with the students.,8,Renaissance Star 360 has helped our students grow as readers. Renaissance Star 360 has given teachers concrete data to show reading improvement and enrichment. Renaissance Star 360 has been instrumental in documenting the achievement of reading an math standards.,,Apple iCloud, Apple Remote Desktop, Google ClassroomRenaissance Star 360...A Complete Program in OneRenaissance Star 360 is a complete mathematical and reading program that is used district-wide. We use the data that it provides to help steer assessment, to document student growth, and to guide instruction. With the program being aligned to the Oklahoma Academic Standards, we are able to document our coverage of the standard material.,Renaissance Star 360 encompasses all the new Oklahoma Academic Standards which is helpful in documenting the requirements. Renaissance Star 360 allows for immediate data and feedback on where the teacher should start with intervention techniques and strategies. It illustrates a student's growth pattern for the teacher, administration, and parents. It takes away the guessing game of where a child is performing.,There is a lot of data to filter through. The online reports could be combined.,10,Our test scores have increased dramatically.,Study Island,Study Island,,,math reading early literacy,not using,not using,9,No,Price,I wouldn't,Don't know,training computer capabilities,10,Self-taught,,No. I think a lot of people would be overwhelmed,10,Stay up to date with goals and objectives,no,The always are so quick to return calls and always have a fix or explanation for me,10,data retrieval,lots to sift through,8,10,10,10Go for the A.R.Some of the ways that Star 360 is being utilized at Notre Dame Catholic School to find out where each individual student is in his or her reading, to tailor a plan for each student, and to encourage each child to read. The whole school uses Star 360. This tool addresses the problem each individual student might have in reading, how to group students in a classroom and rewards students who are reading. It addresses where the students are at the beginning middle and the end of the year.,The program places students where they need to be as far as reading level Keeps up with reading progress Helps teachers to know what educational needs of the child needs to be addressed Praises students who have gone above and beyond Easy to administer, take and obtain results,Easier manipulation of the web site for adults Could you create a cheat sheet to help us get to the areas which are in high demand? I love the chat help! But lately during the beginning of the year, I had to wait my turn. Hire more people during this peak time! Need to address excessive cost! Has crashed once for us and we lost the whole class's results.,9,It has helped us focus on what is important in the students reading It has cut down time to find out and diagnosis where a child is. Negative impact would be the teachers who do not want to utilize the program. A lower reading level for those students who play around on the test.,,Renaissance Accelerated Reader,15,,It gives us a baseline Mid year checkup End of the year summary,support curriculum find strengths find weaknesses,Baseline for District Measurement to compare standardized test,1,Yes,Price,We would keep it the same.,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,Learning how to implement Learning how to bet administer quiz Learning how to share results with teachers.,10,No,Yes,Yes, at Christmas time last year, our results from our 5th grade class was lost. The person that helped us through this situation, could not find the result, but she was able to guide and tell us how to resolve the problem.,8,immediate feedback as to how the student performed! great summary of class performance and recommendations as to how to divide up the class and what to teach.,easy to use,Yes,9Renaissance 360 is 360 degrees of amazingThis program is an amazing resource for both students and teachers to see the progress of the students throughout the school year. The data is extremely accurate and very close to the individual's achievements in their math progress. I am very curious to see how close my students projected Parcc scores are when they come out in the spring being this is my first year using this program.,Data management. Teacher incentives such as rewards. The tests are easy to monitor.,More prizes. Fewer reports and more detailed response to the tests. More training on how to use all of the different reports.,10,Positive for data collection. Student progress. Let’s teachers know what they should work on with individual students and as a whole class.,Renaissance Accelerated Math,Renaissance Accelerated Math, Wolfram Mathematica, PTC Mathcad,170,9,Data management Student progress Student monitoring,Parcc score projections Parent communication letters MANY different types of data management charts,Assign the individual students asignrmrnts Parcc scores Ongoing data management,10Love this program!We use Star 360 4 times per year to track reading growth. Our entire system uses this program in grades K through six. We review the data in monthly data meetings and then it drives our instruction in our classrooms. Student data helps tremendously with small group instruction in reading and math.,Gives information that is used to target skills. Shows progress. Provides parent reports.,Sometimes I find it takes me lots of steps to get the report I want.,10,Positive impact for my struggling readers. Positive impact for high achievers.
Renaissance Star 360

Renaissance Star 360 Reviews

Renaissance Star 360
Filter 35 vetted Renaissance Star 360 reviews and ratings

Lisa Capon profile photo
February 19, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Versatile Tool for Student Achievement"

• Renaissance Star 360 provides detailed reports to help in diagnosing student needs within the math and reading standards. This is great because these reports can aid in working on an educational plan for students.
  • Renaissance Star 360 allows for teachers to tailor reports to the individual needs of the instructor. These reports can detail the testing data in very specific formats.
  • Renaissance Star 360 provides teachers with plans and activities that meet the benchmarks and standards for reading and math. This is truly a time saver for teachers.
  • Renaissance Star 360 should allow teachers to modify information included in reports. Sometimes teachers and administrators need information presented in a different way from the standard reports given.
  • Renaissance Star 360 should allow for students to increase their ZPD each time they take the STAR rather than only basing it on the initial score.
  • Renaissance Star 360 should give teachers an analysis of types of questions missed so that teachers can assess testing issues with the students.
Renaissance Star 360 works well in determining reading levels with students. The breakdown and analysis helps teachers plan for instruction and group students according to their needs. Some students requiring special assistance or needing extra help would benefit from a more detailed test that gives more of an analysis of their strengths and weaknesses to pinpoint areas for remediation.
Read Lisa Capon's full review
Missy Berry profile photo
April 10, 2019

Review: "Renaissance Star 360...A Complete Program in One"

• Renaissance Star 360 encompasses all the new Oklahoma Academic Standards which is helpful in documenting the requirements.
  • Renaissance Star 360 allows for immediate data and feedback on where the teacher should start with intervention techniques and strategies.
  • It illustrates a student's growth pattern for the teacher, administration, and parents. It takes away the guessing game of where a child is performing.
  • There is a lot of data to filter through.
  • The online reports could be combined.
Renaissance Star 360 is really well suited in all classroom realms. It can benefit the below-average, average, and advanced learners.
Read Missy Berry's full review
Gengie Wiedenfeld profile photo
March 04, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Go for the A.R."

• The program places students where they need to be as far as reading level
  • Keeps up with reading progress
  • Helps teachers to know what educational needs of the child needs to be addressed
  • Praises students who have gone above and beyond
  • Easy to administer, take and obtain results
  • Easier manipulation of the web site for adults
  • Could you create a cheat sheet to help us get to the areas which are in high demand?
  • I love the chat help! But lately during the beginning of the year, I had to wait my turn. Hire more people during this peak time!
  • Need to address excessive cost!
  • Has crashed once for us and we lost the whole class's results.

Renaissance Star 360 is well suited in the lower grades. The students enjoy reading, earning points and showing progress.

My concern is in the upper grades. we need to find something to help motivate the students who does not want to read or who feels it is not cool to be a reader! Time and time again our students are turned onto reading, the Star reinforces the students reading improvement!

Read Gengie Wiedenfeld's full review
Annmarie Grieco profile photo
February 22, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Renaissance 360 is 360 degrees of amazing"

• Data management.
  • Teacher incentives such as rewards.
  • The tests are easy to monitor.
  • More prizes.
  • Fewer reports and more detailed response to the tests.
  • More training on how to use all of the different reports.
I feel that it is extremely suited to see the progress of the students throughout the school year. I think that taking this kind of assessment at least three to four times throughout the school year makes it even more useful for reading the data of students progress throughout the school year. I think this data is useful for both the students and the teachers involved with the program.
Read Annmarie Grieco's full review
Renee Graham profile photo
February 20, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Love this program!"

• Gives information that is used to target skills.
  • Shows progress.
  • Provides parent reports.
  • Sometimes I find it takes me lots of steps to get the report I want.
Star 360 is well suited for all levels of learners. It might be less appropriate in Kindergarten for for English Language Learners. I like the way it is presented on the screen and how easy it is for students to navigate through the assessments. Students never complain about the program being difficult to use.
Read Renee Graham's full review
Lauren Robbins- Thrasher profile photo
February 05, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Ren Learn for the WIN!"

Our district uses Renaissance Star 360 as our Universal Screener. Once the results are in, we utilize the data to form our RtI groups and teachers use the resources provided in Star to incorporate into their lessons for individualized learning.
  • Renaissance Star 360 has excellent, easy to use reports.
  • Renaissance Star 360 saves teachers time by building customized reports to show how to group students and what concepts they are struggling with as a whole or individually.
  • Renaissance Star 360 provides teachers with lessons, videos, and questions that are aligned to our state standards.
  • We would like to see similar reports for the Spanish as are provided in English for Reading and Math.
If you are looking to quickly place your students into instructional groups with a list of targeted skills built for you, then this is the product you need for your class/school district. The reports are easy to use and create. Our district shows the student reports to parents and students to inform them and hold them accountable.
Read Lauren Robbins- Thrasher's full review
Beth Daly profile photo
April 22, 2019

User Review: "Renaissance Star 360 is awesome!"

I am an educator, and we use Star for AR tests and reading quizzes. I am working on pulling it into my day-to-day curriculum.
  • I love the immediate feedback!
  • I like the different reports that I can print off
  • I like being able to chart my student's growth and teach them how to chart as well
  • I struggle with finding the correct form I need when I need it. I am constantly having to look through different reports to find the one I want.
  • There are some AR tests that aren't on there that I think should be.
  • I have absolutely nothing else to say. I love this product!
I love this product. I think it is fairly easy to use. I like the immediate feedback. I don't have any scenarios in my line of work (education) that it is less appropriate. I do think they should incorporate science and social studies tests in the program, like they do math and reading.
Read Beth Daly's full review
Vanessa Brown profile photo
April 18, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Star 360 testing gets a gold star"

Our entire school uses Renaissance Star 360 for testing. We use the program to assess our students and determine their independent reading levels. We then have the students select library books based off their reading levels to help them select materials. This has really helped because it prevents students from becoming frustrated trying to read texts that are too difficult for them to understand.
  • It gives students their current reading level.
  • It allows teachers to see where students are performing.
  • It helps students select future reading materials.
  • I like the program the way it is!
I think it is excellent! It really helps in the Elementary school level to show where the students are with their reading level and progression throughout the school year.
Read Vanessa Brown's full review
Shonda Hill profile photo
March 27, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Love all renaissance products"

I enjoy this program because it cuts in half how much time I spend measuring assessments and using assessments. This program gives me daily insight into my students' progress.
  • Useful student and class reports.
  • I'm overall happy and cannot list cons at this time.
I am able to get side-by-side comparisons for my students, to be able to place them in reading groups assign and other instructional materials.
Read Shonda Hill's full review
Debra Wells profile photo
March 10, 2019

Review: "Renaissance Star 360 show positive growth and results!"

Our school district has been using it for 20 years. We use it to analyze student reading and math data.
  • Engages students.
  • Creates motivation for learning.
  • Provides data to help students with their weaknesses.
  • Math Facts in a Flash could have better graphics and be more engaging to young students.
  • On the flower page when students finish a quiz, the page could tell students how many more tests they need to make their goal.
It is very engaging for many different types of students and grade levels. The STAR reports are valuable for teachers to place students in the proper learning groups.
Read Debra Wells's full review
Andrea Wendt profile photo
February 22, 2019

User Review: "Renaissance Star 360 Works"

Our whole school uses it to monitor student growth in their reading skill level.
  • Monitors students' growth in reading skill.
  • Easy reports for teachers that allow them to view students who are below/above grade level.
  • Adjust student goals based on when they began their education with our school instead of comparing them to students who have been here all year (ie: number of AR points received is below the average, the students get a negative mark for that).
It is good for creating intervention groups or grouping students who are at the same reading level.
Read Andrea Wendt's full review
May 15, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Reaching for the stars with Star 360"

We use Star 360 school-wide in our K-6 building. We use the Star Reading and Math assessments to give us an idea of the strengths and weaknesses for our students. This helps us to plan strategic interventions to help them be successful. We also use this information to help us place students in interventions to help them grow.
  • The reports are easy to understand for both teachers and parents.
  • The assessments provide more than just a score. The data can be broken down by standard to really target interventions.
  • Star 360 is easy for students to use. The user platform is not complicated or distracting.
  • It always seems that once I know where something (i.e. report) is located, that they move things around.
  • It would be nice if teachers had more control over certain settings for their students, rather than an administrator who may not know a group of kids.
  • It would be nice if there were features for students to adjust the content on their screens (color, size, etc.) like we have on state testing to make it more consistent.
Star 360 is a great tool to use as a teacher. I am able to see the level my students are currently working. I use the results to conference with each of my students individually. We look at the areas they did well in and then look at the standards where they scored lower. We use this to set smart goals for each student to work towards. The one area I feel it is not well suited for is giving an accurate representation of where students will be as we move forward in the school year. It seems that there is a predictable pattern of which times of the year students will show growth on the test and then the times when scores take a step back. I have seen that in two separate districts I have used Star in.
April 20, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Renaissance Star Early Literacy 360 makes teaching easy!"

STAR Early Literacy is an online assessment program developed by Renaissance Learning for students in grades PK-3. The program uses a series of questions to assess a student’s early literacy and early numeracy skills through a simple process. The program is designed to support teachers with individual student data quickly and accurately. The test is easy to administer on an iPad and takes a student 10-15 minutes to complete an assessment. reports are available immediately upon completion. All district kindergarten children take the test at least three times a year. Some teachers progress monitor students monthly using the test.
There are four parts to the assessment. The first part is a short demonstrative tutorial that teaches the student how to use the system. The second part is a short practice component designed to ensure that the students understand how to manipulate the mouse or use the keyboard correctly to answer each question. The third part consists of a short set of practice questions to prepare the student for the actual assessment. The final part is the actual assessment. It consists of twenty-nine early literacy and early numeracy questions. Students have one and a half minutes to answer each question before the program automatically moves them to the next question.
  • Reports are available upon completion of the test.
  • Various reports help with instruction planning.
  • Written explanations and results are provided to explain results to parents.
  • New website design
Difficult for EL students.
February 26, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Star 360 is fast and reliable"

All of our district students in grades 1-10 use Star 360. We have used many of the renaissance products for years, but the assessments (Star 360) is probably the one used for RTI, high-stakes test predictability, and just overall growth of our students. Whenever thought is given to cutting back on software costs, teachers rebel strongest on losing Star. It has been used for so long, and we've found its reliability so good, that many would be lost without the information we get from giving Star Assessments.
  • Predicts how a student will do on the high-stakes end of the year assessments given by the state.
  • Provides educators with great resources for RTI purposes.
  • Is a quick snapshot of student performance.
  • Very reliable.
  • Reports clearer on filtering items.
  • PUT TEST DATES ON THE TEST RECORD REPORT!! Can you tell this is important and needed? Not just on the diagnostic.
It is a great way to assess students in a timely fashion. You can do this often enough so that students don't feel over-assessed.
April 30, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Great Data!"

Renaissance Star is used to evaluate the reading and math levels and progress of our 7-12th-grade students.
  • The user reports are great for tracking individual progress.
  • It is easy to organize the students according to class.
  • It would be nice if you could run a report for each student in all areas instead of only being able to evaluate one subject at a time.
Renaissance Star is great for tracking student data. It is very useful for being able to see the progress of a student over time. You can get general or very detailed reports which are very helpful. It is also nice to be able to print out the reports so that parents can see their child's progress as well.
April 19, 2019

"Renaissance STAR 360 Review"

Renaissance STAR 360 is used district wide to monitor student progress.
  • Renaissance STAR 360 gives an accurate reading level for students, which helps with differentiated instruction.
  • Growth reports show growth over several years; we need a report that shows growth for the current year.
  • It is very hard for some students to stay focused on the test.
Renaissance STAR 360 is well suited for initial screening, mid-year, and end-of-year testing. It is not suited for more frequent testing.
March 23, 2019

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "A Great Picture of Student Readers"

I quarterly test my students to see how they are progressing with their reading levels.
  • GIves a good picture of where students currently stand with their reading levels.
  • Allows me to help set goals for my students based on their current zone of proximal development.
  • I am able to see the progress throughout the year with detailed reporting.
  • None
  • I like how things are currently!
Reporting is a great tool for looking at student progress over time. I am able to see progress over the course of the school year and can better help students set goals based on the data that Star provides. The grade equivalent and ZPD range helps me better meet the needs of my individual students.
Beth Tijerina profile photo
November 08, 2018

Renaissance Star 360: "Star 360 review"

Renaissance Star 360 is used by the students in 1st to 5th Grade to provide them with a zone of proximal development (ZPD) for reading development. We assess the students three times per year to provide data for use with the classroom, district and state assessments to improve students reading abilities.
  • I like the report that gives the strategies that match the Texas State assessment to show where a student needs growth to perform better.
  • Parents receive a report to keep them in the loop with the data from the STAR assessment.
  • I think that the reading range report should have the highest level the student has reached, not the most current level.
I think that Star 360 assessments are useful for teachers and librarians to use as a tool to guide students to improve their reading abilities.
Read Beth Tijerina's full review
Leah Simonds profile photo
August 04, 2018

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "STAR 360-So much to offer!"

As a former teacher, I became quite familiar with the STAR products and I absolutely LOVED the data that it provided. STAR shares a variety of reports that give a wealth of information that can be used to drive instruction to better meet the needs of students. As a data coordinator, I will be supporting districts who use STAR 360, and I am excited to learn about all of the new updates and enhancements that create a better user experience. The product is designed to allow the teacher to collect information about student learning and plan and implement interventions accordingly, and it saves them a TON of time!!
  • Listen to customers and make changes accordingly
  • Aligning product with NYS standards
  • Providing useful information to teachers
  • Nothing!
This is an amazing product designed with students in mind.
Read Leah Simonds's full review
Mario Sanchez profile photo
August 30, 2017

"My New Renaissance Star 360 Review"

We use this program school wide. The Star test that the student takes helps us to have a better understanding of where the student is on his reading comprehension, their level and other useful information for us to better help them. The information is easy to find and readily available. This program has many tools that we can take advantage of so that we can improve the performance of each and every student.
  • Reading Level
  • Readily available
  • Easy to use tools
  • Available on multiple platforms
  • Test needs to be more precise
  • Timer needs to be increased
  • Questions need to be relatable
More suitable in Elementary schools.
Read Mario Sanchez's full review
Trinette Frazier profile photo
October 26, 2017

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Royal treatment"

We administer the Star Reading and Star Math test several times a year. Using that data, we monitor growth and proficiency for our scholars. Renaissance Star 360 allows our scholars to read their favorite book, take a quiz, earn points and receive an invitation to an AR party. Reading scores are steadily increasing. My students are competitive and love seeing their word count increase.
  • Progress monitoring
  • Growth
  • Increasing reading levels
  • I would like more control over customizing my reports
Using Renaissance Star 360 to assign texts based on data in order to improve performance.
Read Trinette Frazier's full review
August 21, 2017

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Reading With Renaissance"

Every classroom uses Renaissance Star 360. All teachers have been trained in its use, but one of the problems is that classrooms use it differently. Some use it to enhance individual students' reading levels, while others use it for comprehension grades on class novels. Also, it is difficult for teachers to get new training mid-year when Renaissance makes changes in the middle of the school year.
  • Wide variety of book titles
  • Many graphs for teachers to choose how to view data
  • User-friendly for both students and staff
  • Mid-year changes are difficult to keep up with, especially when the changes were made in May when many schools were trying to receive data graphs that were no longer there
  • Be more competitively priced - they are more expensive than other reading comprehension on-line programs
All reading levels are provided, so it doesn't matter what grade you teach or what reading level the students are at; all students are able to participate
Alecia Walkuski profile photo
April 13, 2017

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "STAR 360 for Secondary Use"

My school district currently uses Renaissance Star 360 as part of the admission process and for all current students. Students take the assessment at least three times a year in order to determine needs for interventions and to measure reading growth. The assessment takes approximately 20 minutes to administer, does not require any special training to administer, and produces a tremendous amount of data to inform instruction and share with students and parents.
  • The Star assessment is not time consuming to administer. It is appropriate for a base-line measure of secondary students.
  • The assessment is on the computer. Secondary students answer 34 multiple choice questions. It is a 'smart' assessment that adjusts what questions will be asked based on whether or not the previous question was answered correctly. Students rarely see questions repeated.
  • The data produced by STAR is presented in an easy-to-understand format that is clear when presented to parents and students.
  • The Star assessment focuses on two main reading skills: vocabulary and comprehension; however, all of the questions are done through multiple choice. While unlikely, students can 'guess' the correct answers, and this does impact the data.
  • Some students will deliberately throw the test because it is used to develop goals within the Accelerated Reader program; while the students' choices aren't indicative of a flaw in the program, it is a detracting factor when the test is administered 3+times each year and connected to the reading practice portion of the program.
  • Each question in the program is individually timed. This function does allow for a basic measure of fluency, however it can be tricky for students to maintain focus throughout the entire assessment, especially when answering questions about longer passages.
Star 360 is a fantastic general reading assessment for determining baseline eligibility for reading interventions. It is easy to administer and interpret the results. It does not require a great deal of time, and can be administered in as a whole-class or for individual students. For students requiring more in-depth interventions, a second, more holistic reading assessment should be recommended. The STAR 360 program does not allow for miscue analysis or item analysis (so the test administer does not know which questions a student missed or why).
Read Alecia Walkuski's full review
Carly Schwartz profile photo
April 11, 2017

User Review: "Renaissance Star 360 Shines"

For 2016-2017 [school year], Caldwell County Schools purchased Renaissance Star for educators to monitor their students' growth in reading and math. Star Reading's Scale Score is recognized by North Carolina as a providing a "good cause exemption" for students who may be targeted for summer school. In addition, the school where I work has always provided Star Math in addition to Star Reading. The program has been so successful at our location that our county now pays for both the reading and the math program for all schools in the county.
  • There are many things that make Renaissance Star a valuable resource. One is that I can see if a student has rushed through a test thereby invalidating his or her score.
  • To help students grow, Renaissance Star provides student grouping suggestions. I can also create my own groups based on personalities and what I know my students need.
  • Another great aspect of the program is its ability to project whether or not a student is on target to pass the end of grade test. This is great information not only for me but also for my parents. The graph projects a trend line for success and shows where the student falls in relation. And for my Latino students, the reports can be printed in Spanish!
  • One thing I would like is a live view of my students testing, and include some way to flag me if 3 questions were answered too quickly.
  • Also I'd like to not have to refresh the form to see results as students finish their test.
  • I'd like a trend line, even if it is not trustworthy, to begin with the second test. I'd like to share improvements or problems with my students who could be motivated to move their trend line toward the star.
  • After receiving testing data, I would like a breakdown of data by strand. i.e., the percentage of geometry questions asked and answered correctly. While grouping students by strand is useful, I'd like more information to dig deeper.
When looking at student growth Renaissance Star is an excellent and reliable resource. What it can't do is determine why growth is not trending the way every teacher would hope (such as absenteeism, home stress, or other extenuating circumstances).
Read Carly Schwartz's full review
Jennifer Bunn profile photo
March 31, 2017

Renaissance Star 360 Review: "Helping Readers Succeed!"

All students K-8 take STAR reading assessments at our school. The teachers use this data to offer interventions when necessary, connect students with reading materials at their level, help them make reading goals, and track student's progress and reading comprehension.
  • Assessments
  • Goal-setting
  • Diagnostics
  • It is not an effective assessment for K or PreK students.
It is an effective tool for assessing reading comprehension for students in grades 1-8.
Read Jennifer Bunn's full review

Course authoring (4)
Course catalog or library (6)
Player/Portal (6)
Learning content (13)
Mobile friendly (12)
Progress tracking & certifications (18)
Assignments (12)
Compliance management (8)
Learning administration (11)
Learning reporting & analytics (16)
Social learning (4)

About Renaissance Star 360

Renaissance Star 360® assessments are designed to provide the achievement and growth data educators need for screening, progress monitoring, and guiding instruction in the least amount of testing time. The vendor says, quick, clear data reporting simplifies educators’ processes for setting goals, monitoring progress, and identifying students in need of intervention. Users can track how students are responding to intervention and instruction using a research-based growth model to help set attainable goals. Star 360 charts the projected outcomes and graphs the students’ actual progress toward their goals in the same report.