Reporting and Document Generation Solution Review: "Get the same as the traditional, but much better!"
- Fast and direct report engine, using friendly templates through an add-in for Microsoft Word.
- Adequate support and documentation to ensure a quick integration
- Your template designers dont need to learn Java at all. They can work through Microsoft Office
- The learning curve can be a nuisance, considering that currently Jaspers is the antonomic engine for Java
- There is a price (not so expensive) so yeah thats always a cons.
- Many customers currently use Jaspers, so migration can become a point to consider
- Flexibility. The ability to modify the reporting engine to what you are exactly looking for and what you expect back.
- Speed. Extremely quick page generation.
- Overall it leave a very small footprint and does not burden too much on our system.
- I found the API documentation to be rather lacking and descriptive.
- Initial setup can be a little more complication due to the above confusing documentation.
Reporting and Document Generation Solution Review: "For native Office output, AutoTag really delivers"
- Native Office output -- not nested tables and/or horrible RTF like other tools generate.
- Ease of use -- once the data sources are set up, creating tables is as simple as drag and drop (okay, maybe not exactly that simple, but you can certainly create a table of data using drag and drop, then format it and manipulate it as needed).
- Responsive developers and support -- when I've had questions, they've been addressed VERY quickly and professionally.
- Limited drag and drop -- while you can easily create tables with drag and drop, you can't drag and drop individual fields, which really isn't intuitive
- AutoTag can easily be connected to virtually any data source. The wizard walks you through all the needed steps. This is very helpful in getting reports from multiple sources or departments.
- WindWard has put together a Wiki based user guide and has the best tech support I have ever worked with. For the rare occasions that we get stuck trying to convert a report the help is plentiful.
- AutoTag is built within the Office suite and is therefore able to leverage all the familiar features. This is very useful when you need to make reports useful and appealing.
- It is hard to pick out the tags if they are mixed in with a block of text.
- Using report variables in select statements causes the selection list of available fields to not show anything.
- The color themes do not match the office selection and it feels very disconnected.
- Using Microsoft Office capabilities to format templates.
- Integrating SQL queries into a template.
- Tagging specific datapoints to display from a SQL query.
- Conditional formatting.
- Sometimes using foreach tags can be confusing.
- Lets you easily pull in data points
- Allows you to validate a query before saving it to make sure that it works correctly
- Easy export to most common formats so you can test out your template with real-world data
- When dealing with large queries, the system tends to slow down.
- Nested for each queries have issues validating
Reporting and Document Generation Solution Review: "New to AutoTag - it helps to have a strong Excel and SQL background"
- Allows for customization of existing templates
- Connections to several types of data sources
- Very intuitive in conjunction with the tutorials
- Allow users to modify the Excel file while in the AutoTag editor. I find myself taking screen shots and referring to them.
- The set up of the product is fairly easy as long as you have the right version and license key. It's also fairly easy to transfer licenses between users.
- Once you have the main queries down, the tagging of the template is fairly easy and you can reuse templates instead of starting from scratch each time.
- If you are having issues with a template or a tag type- the help documentation provided is helpful to provide examples. The webinars are also a good stepping stone to get knowledge quickly.
- Sometimes the formatting within the Microsoft Word documents can be tricky. That's where most of the time comes from is making sure the tags don't mess up the formatting of the actual template itself.
- Error messages can be vague. For example if something is wrong with the query or a tag, it can be difficult to find the issue within the query or identify the offending tag easily. This means the whole template won't work because of one minor issue.
Reporting and Document Generation Solution Scorecard Summary
About Reporting and Document Generation Solution
Java Reporting Engine is comprised of a set of code libraries for integrating reporting and document generation into both internal and commercial software applications. The vendor’s value proposition is that the solution is easy to embed, and users can connect it to virtually any data source. The vendor further states in order to get started, all a development team has to do is incorporate the solution into their company system or product.
- Generate pages per second, not seconds per page
- Use any and all of their data sources, even simultaneously on the same template
- Work with an extremely small footprint
- Output to a wide range of formats including DOCX, RTF, PDF, HTML, XLSX, or even directly to a printer
Reporting and Document Generation Solution Screenshots
Reporting and Document Generation Solution Competitors
Reporting and Document Generation Solution Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Reporting and Document Generation Solution Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Android, Windows Phone|