October 22, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
Our team has been using this tool with great success. We use Git and Review Assistant integrates very nicely with it. One of the most useful features of this tool is the ability to leave review comments directly in the code being reviewed, when re-work is needed the tool handles subsequent revisions very nicely. Also, it handles revisions based on commits and not shelve sets, so it feels natural to work with Review Assistant in a feature branch work flow. The whole experience is great, no need to leave the IDE.
- Review Assistant does everything that I was hoping the default Visual Studio reviews would do. The iterations through accept/reject were the key winner.
- The functionality for code reviews is great, especially the ability to comment on specific lines of code.
- You don't have to leave the IDE.
- Integration with JIRA is missing.
- Ability to search, filter and order comments.
- There is no support for Visual Studio Code.
Read this authenticated review
Combined with Code Compare and running Review Assistant on the TFS server, it provides a good way to share code and comments amount our team. It does everything we need it to do for code reviews and has a reporting tool.