Score 8 out of 10
Read Adam Stern's full review
Pros and Cons
- Highly available: If nodes go offline for any reason, the system still operates.
- Highly scalable: There is a minimum of 5 nodes, which can handle a lot by themselves. When scaling is required, it can be done easily, with minimal to no downtime on large scales.
- Very fast searching: Riak has SOLR indexing built-into the core product, which makes querying for data very fast.
- When the index definition changes, reindexing takes an extremely long time.
- Support (both paid and community based) is very very lacking.
- It is expensive to run.