Reviews (1-4 of 4)
August 16, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
As a full-service creative marketing firm, much of our work is in social content development. RivalIQ is an essential tool in our toolbox when it comes to creating content for our clients that is compelling and competitive (say that three times fast!). We use its social landscape-based analytics to adjust content based on what is trending, what is effective, and what isn't working.
- Rival IQ approaches social via a landscape. Place your client and its competitors into a landscape and watch information pour in. This keeps the analysis quick and simple.
- Rival IQ has some of the best reporting available, and it's easy to share with clients via customizable slideshows, pdfs, or by creating a "portal" for your client to log in to.
- Rival IQ looks at your social media vectors and offers real-time insights that help you make quick decisions. Simpler than the Facebook dashboard, yet more insightful and actionable because the information is parsed out in easy to understand graphs and charts.
- Managing companies within your installation aren't always easy. You can map companies to landscapes, but if you run out of slots for companies (based on your subscription tier) you end up having to swap companies frequently to get the reporting you need.
- RivalIQ is competitively priced on a tiered structure, but if you want to add small sets of additional data within tiers, such as additional companies, the pricing is prohibitive as to force you into the next tier up.
Rival IQ has all of the social analytics you need to make effective strategic and creative decisions to help your clients win. While not fully integrated into a suite of software, it does have the best overall analytics package available. RivalIQ is entirely focused on social, however, and it is not trying to be anything more.
Read Scott Millen's full review
Support is continuous and very helpful. Email, phone, and chat support are always on and someone is always there to help. Your CSR will contact you quarterly to take your temperature and offer assistance or training, if necessary. Feature requests are taken seriously. They share their product development roadmap, which is a major plus.
June 05, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
My team uses Rival IQ to track our brands' engagement data across our social channels. We also use it to see what types of content our competitors are posting and how that is working for them in terms of engagement. We used to use the engagement rate data as a measure of success for our teams but now it is more of an exploratory tool mainly for our competitors because we are focused more on reach and frequency of our paid posts moving forward.
- Rival IQ shows engagement data perfectly. You can see the engagements of your brands and any competitors your tracking.
- The overall comparisons for the competitors is a great way to benchmark if you're using engagement data as measurements.
- Nowadays, people are looking for all in one solution and Rival IQ can expand by including more into the listening capability across social media.
- The analytics are a bit week from an Instagram standpoint. The reach data is not provided as a monthly total and that is something that I needed every month for reporting.
Read Aimee Luongo, MBA's full review
Rival IQ is perfect for tracking your public engagement data versus your competitors. You can see where you rank among them and determine where you can grow. However, the public data can be highly skewed by advertising dollars so sometimes you'll see spikes when not much has changed and that is likely due to increased advertising spend for you or your competitor.
November 16, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
Rival IQ is a tool that my team uses to report on our client/brand. It allows us to monitor our own performance, as well as competitor's performance across social media channels. It is helpful in that it provides context as to when the optimal time to post is to get the best engagement, and has a great historical backlog of data.
- I really appreciate the ability to track all channels together, but also the ability to break it down and take a closer look at specific performance.
- Provides a snapshot view of how the brand compares to the competition and allows us to make adjustments to optimize based on performance recommendations.
- Allows you to compare periods of time to previous periods, without having to manually calculate. User friendly + efficient for a project/account manager to use, as well as analytics/data scientists.
- I do wish more historical data was available. I think it only goes back 1-2 years, or when it was originally set up. Wish it were lifetime data for a channel.
Read this authenticated review
I think it's a great tool to be used by any brand. The interface is user friendly, creating a safe space for account managers and social media managers alike. The only instance in where it wouldn't be optimal is if you're looking at very historical data, or tracking additional influencers (not competitors) or if you have multiple profiles (within 1 channel) to track.. But this suits our needs very well.
April 20, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
It was used mainly on the brand strategy team for competitive research and benchmarking on social foundation projects, as well as for reporting and metrics on an ongoing monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis. Mainly, it was used for its social media analytics capabilities and not as much for the non-social features.
Read this authenticated review
It is great for competitive analysis if that's an ongoing need, and the upside of how it calculates engagement rate is that it's consistent across competitors (even if I think the methodology is flawed). We really only used the competitive data up front, and then sparingly afterward. If you want true impressions/engagement rate for Twitter, Instagram, and in some cases Facebook, then this is not as good.
Rival IQ Scorecard Summary
What is Rival IQ?
Rival IQ in Seattle delivers social media analytics and competitive insights to help digital marketers make informed decisions, improve results, and better understand competitors. Using benchmarks and comparative analysis, Rival IQ's technology is designed to enable digital marketers to uncover new opportunities, identify trends, and track results across all the main social channels and the web.
Categories: Social Media Analytics
Rival IQ Technical Details