Robin - Easy, efficient!

Robin is awesome!

Hot Desk Efficiency

What I like about Robin

Good tool for space sharing!

[Robin] is used across our organization to be able to optimize workspace with the current Covid situation

Great user experience

Robin Check-In and Kiosk

As easy as ABC

Easy and Quick

It is used across the whole organization. It allows us to view and manage meeting and collaboration spaces

Great Software!

Meeting room management for perfectionists!

Simple. But Functional

What is Robin?

Robin, headquartered in Boston offers their meeting room booking system, featuring software for scheduling conference rooms, space management with workspace usage analytics, and integratable digital signage.

2 people want pricing too

What is Envoy Visitors?

The Envoy visitor management and registration software suite, with Envoy Visitors, provides an iPad-based guest sign-in capability. The product automates badge printing, host notifications, and legal agreements. Additional product Envoy Protect allows users to control which employees can enter a…

What is Teem by iOFFICE?

Teem (formerly EventBoard) is cloud-based software for organizing and optimizing internal events and meetings. Teem allows employees to meet and book conference rooms, to efficiently manage workspaces and meeting resources, and to measure and analyze their company’s meeting and collaboration…

Robin Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Robin?

What is Robin's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.5.

Who uses Robin?

The most common users of Robin are from Mid-size Companies and the Computer Software industry.

November 24, 2020

Robin - Easy, efficient!

Sydney Held | TrustRadius Reviewer
My team and I use the flexible workspace often in our office and by using Robin we are able to book a room in a minute or less. I also love that it syncs to my Google calendar and I can add team members through the Robin platform. Quick and efficient!
  • Quick
  • Calendar Sync
  • Add team members
We train a lot of people and with the pandemic, libraries and flexible work spaces are closed. By using Robin we have the ability to quickly book a room for a person they have a work space within minutes. We can do this from anywhere which is also very effective.
I have not need to use support from Robin due to the easy interface. I would assume it's high quality due to their thoughtfulness with their platform.
Josiah Sinanan | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Robin in our shared coworking space for Room bookings. The entire organization uses it to efficiently reserve physical spaces in our shared office, about 13 different companies.
  • Ease-of-use. So simple and fast to book.
  • Reliable integration with physical space. Never have had any errors with Robin, not even once.
  • Collaboration. Ability to operate independently but also effectively track all other users.
  • I have no suggestions for improvements on Robin at the moment, it works exactly the way it needs to for our organization.
Greatly suited for any coworking space or agency. Works incredibly well with "smart office" integrations and takes the guesswork and human error out of organizing your team, meetings, and room bookings. Would 100% recommend in these settings, it will absolutely streamline your calendar, booking process, and ease-of-use when needing space for meetings.
N/A, never been in touch.
Adam Gallant, FMP, LEED GA | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Robin primarily for conference room booking management at all of our leased office locations. It is used by employees across the entire organization in all departments. Recently we started using the desk booking and space planning modules to help us get away from using a spreadsheet to track seating assignments. We also used the distance planning feature of the space planning module to help us configure our floor plans for our post-COVID return to the office.
  • Customer Support - I have personally had great experiences with the sales and implementation folks.
  • Research - I have personally been asked to attend a user focus group to help improve their product.
  • Compatibility- The product can integrate with almost anything you can imagine, but mainly it is easy to connect with Calendaring platforms and occupancy sensor technology.
  • Refinement of new features - space planning module is fairly basic compared to competitors
  • UX/GUI - the interface is clean and simple, but a richer experience is needed in the area of space planning /wayfinding
Best suited to companies who don't already have a meeting room management/booking platform, offices that have a lot of disputes over calendar bookings made "the old fashioned way" via outlook or post-it notes on the door. Also, any organization that is looking to more effectively use the meeting spaces they already have, who may be under pressure from employees that there is not enough meeting space. Robin can help you get a better idea of utilization through data, although not a complete picture unless you pair it with sensor technology.

Probably not as well suited for very small offices where meeting room space is not at a premium, and bookings are not often contested.
All of the interactions I have had with Robin recently (past 2 months) have been overwhelmingly positive. We ask lots of questions and they have answers. They even put us in touch with some of their other clients to compare notes about post-COVID return to office plans, and they are eager to understand our challenges in order to improve their product.
Robin is currently being used by all the health care surveyors who need "hotel" space when it is necessary to be on site in the Marlborough office. Robin software has made scheduling desk space so much easier than it had been done in the past since it is web based and can be accessed from any device.
  • Web based - accessible from any device.
  • Easy to either cancel or change scheduling when necessary.
  • Able to schedule out for months in advance for space needed.
  • Not being able to cancel one day if you reserved your days needed as a block.
Robin is well suited for my job position because I am not in the office on a daily basis. Since Robin is web based I am able to schedule my desk space from outside the office and weeks in advance.
When our company first began using Robin customer support answered any questions.
November 24, 2020

Robin is awesome!

Robin Sands | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are in a multi-level building with shared meeting rooms. Robin is used to book these meeting rooms in advance or in an as-needed arrangement. Tablets are set up outside the meeting rooms to show the status and the online dashboard allows individuals to book and control their meeting requirements.
  • Minimal clicks to make a booking
  • Easily manage future bookings
  • Great online dashboard
  • Better use of room maps
  • Alerts when available rooms are down to 10%
Robin works great in a multi-level, multi-tenancy environment.
Haven't had to use the Support personally
August 13, 2020

Hot Desk Efficiency

It is being used by the organization as a whole. Basically, we have always allowed our employees to work remotely, but we do have a small office in central Tokyo. In this office we have a small number of seats in which anyone is allowed to use on a first come first serve basis. Essentially hot desks. So, we had an issue where people were not coming to the office for fear of not having a seat. Robin solved this.
  • Setup
  • Training
  • Implementation
  • Visual Appeal
It is well suited for any company who has a "hot desk" or communal seating system.

It is less appropriate in companies that have fixed desks for specific employees.
Fantastic support. From the initial meeting with sales team and account executive, to speaking with the implementation team, to any support in-between, we have been blown away. The service and communication has always been efficient.
November 25, 2020

What I like about Robin

We use Robin to manage offices/rooms in our shared office space at Nest.Bio. This has been very helpful the last several months with the added restrictions due to the pandemic. Particularly helpful is the ability to reserve several days in advance and also to reserve a room on a recurring schedule. Reminders of upcoming reservations are helpful.
  • Easy to find what is available
  • Easy to include colleagues on reservations
  • Reservations can be made days in advance
  • Need alerts for the end of reservations for those who lose track of time
  • Losing my reservation if I forget to check-in is annoying
Well suited for shared space with several groups that need access to limited number of offices.

Probably not ideal for spaces with ample room availablility.
For me, Robin has worked so well I don't think I have had to take advantage of Robin support. It is good to know it is there if needed.
Robin is used as a Meeting Room management system throughout our company. The solution is integrated with various meeting rooms throughout our office and is also used as the login system outside the rooms themselves. Consequently, Robin has streamlined the office management for employee and acts as a first port of call for all things office admin related.
  • Very intuitive UI which is easy to pick up as a new user
  • Well integrated with company people database making invites easy
  • Additional features like analytics are always interesting to check
  • Due to our organisations size can sometimes be a little slow to load
  • Search could be more semantic i.e. room for 3 at 12PM loads such a room instead of just the room name
  • Lacking integrations with video conferencing
Especially for large organisations, having a go-to source for a specific task saves everyone a lot of time. Robin does this for office management, and the software is obviously continually improving which is a good sign. The system seem well integrated with the office as well and an attention to detail is made to keep the user experience as quick as possible. Smaller organisations may not advantage as much from the same benefits and features such as analytics may have a questionable use consider the low footfall around a smaller office.
Haven't had to use customer support so can't comment on the experience.
  • Very short time to reserve desks
  • I think there could more colors
  • I think the UI could be overall more appealing
The tool is well suited when you which to reduce your workspace and share desks between different people.
Although, since the user has full control, it can get hard to manage who is going to have the seat since it is based solely on who reserves the seat first.
So I think think the tools is appropriate when you have a large work force and will have to manage who is coming at the office at which time.
I havent needed support on robin so far so I am happy the tool is working well.
Robin is used in our organization for keeping track of current conference room use as well as present an aesthetically pleasing display. When people wanted to use conference rooms and the rooms were in use, it allows them to see in the room who is using the room and what other rooms are available.
  • Interfaces with Office365
  • Aesthetically pleasing look
  • Easily customizable
  • A little more customization options as far as font sizes, colors.
For our scenario, we're a small company, but the Robin software running on tablets in customized mounts adds a lot of visual appeal to our conference rooms. It makes the conference rooms easily identifiable as well as shows you by color the status of the room.
I have rarely had to contact customer support, but when I have, they have provided quick answers to solve the problem I was having.
August 23, 2020

Great user experience

It is being used by the company to book desks and monitor office capacity during COVID. Also, as a room/meeting booking tool. The application is being used company-wide and is the method we use to book desks and meeting rooms every day. A business problem that it addresses is being a quick and mobile application to book and share meetings on the go.
  • Usability
  • Support
  • User experience
  • Menu design/map creation
Robin has been great for tracking use and office capacity during COVID. Also, it's very easy to use when booking meetings on the go. A situation in which it will not be as useful is when staff are diffused around many different sites. It works best when employees are all together to best make use of their mapping features. However, their Campus tool addresses this.
Excellent timely and accurate responses. Their support section contains thorough and useful guides, alongside an instant chat function that quickly puts you in contact with their team. Their team has never failed to give me exactly the information I need. I am also in regular contact with my representative to go over potential uses and new functions.
Robin is being used globally by our organization. We primarily use the conference room booking product along with the kiosk product. Employees use Robin to find, book, and confirm check-ins to rooms.
  • Keeping the product up to date. Robin uses a method I have yet to see another company use where their iOS application will update without intervention in MDM software or the App Store. Install once and you'll never need to update again.
  • Analytics. Robin has provided us with insight and analytics to the nuances of our organization. This information has helped us with our growth and assisted our team with making data-driven decisions.
  • Slower innovation. Robin was ahead of their time and it's shown in their product. Having used it for the past three years I haven't seen much innovation in the product.
  • At times it can be stressful and unintuitive to use the web UI as an administrator. There are some tasks that are common that take upwards of 3 to 4 clicks to get to, and when you're done saving, you have to go back to the beginning to start over.
I think Robin is well suited for small to medium businesses, but they may not be the best decision for enterprise-level organizations. Turn around times can be longer for large projects.
Being in an engineering role, I have dealt with many support teams and have also worked on support teams. Robin is always quick, friendly, and helpful. The Support team has gone above and beyond to deliver when we needed them to. I would say their Support team is one of the company's greatest assets.
December 02, 2020

As easy as ABC

After COVID-19 my organization adopted this software to manage and keep track the resources and assignment of workspaces along with shared spaces like meeting and conference rooms. People across multiple locations use it to book working space and the conference room.
  • Management of meeting/conference room
  • Assignment of workspace/desks
  • Maintain history of resource assignments
  • Over the mobile phone sometime it feels difficult to move around the office maps
I have never used a similar product before but I trust maintaining a history of assigned spaces could be a nightmare for any admin if they need to do so in a spreadsheet or manually.
I am the user of this application, so I never used this support feature.
November 23, 2020

Easy and Quick

• Easy and quick to view available spaces
  • Provides information on the capacity and capability of each space
  • Easy to schedule spaces
  • Frustrating that if you forget to manually check in when you enter a meeting space, your reservation gets cancelled.
Great for scheduling and reserving shared spaces.
I don't have any use to contact support - any support needs are taken care of by our IT department
Isidoro "Roy" Jovero | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are currently using Robin for our conference room scheduling displays. We run the software on Apple iPad Airs. We have rolled this system out across our four main campuses, with a total of about 50 units deployed. The system allows users to easily see room booking status and empowers them to make ad-hoc reservations for available rooms.
  • Easy to understand UI.
  • Very easy to deploy.
  • Room usage analytics can be helpful.
  • Web dashboard could be organized a little better.
  • It would be nice to be able to see what display battery levels are.
  • Viewing schedules via dashboard is slow.
  • Some roles do not have the features the descriptions say they do.
Robin is my benchmark for room displays. It effectively does what it is meant to do without additional fluff. The default theme is more than you'll ever really need, but customization is available. I just really wish there was a simpler way to remove check-in requirements for events. I would always recommend them first for most situations, but my company has a special use case that Robin, or any other competitors for that matter, have not been able to achieve yet.
Envoy support has always been a joy to work it, whether you're going through the dashboard chat, or through your rep. I feel that they always have your success as their priority and it makes me confident that they'd be able to help overcome any obstacles.
March 19, 2020

Great Software!

We use Robin for our conference room bookings at our office, across the whole organization. The room booking capability helps with scheduling conflicts and proper communication for scheduling. We also display available rooms on our TV monitors around the office, so that employees can quickly check if a room is available, before walking over to the conference rooms.
  • Tablet displays for each room are a very helpful tool. It's great to quickly see if the room is available, as well as when a room will be available.
  • We've begun implementing the room booting tool, that cancels meetings that people don't check into. This has really helped with rooms being left empty due to canceled meetings and no shows.
  • The Robin status board is also super helpful. As I said earlier, we have them displayed on our TV's so that employees can check before walking to the conference rooms.
  • I've previously run into issues with canceling meetings booked in Robin. Sometimes the event will be canceled, but the room will still appear as booked.
  • The status boards sometimes buffer for a while before displaying, not sure if that's an issue with our wifi or with the software.
  • I find the dashboard for Robin hard to navigate, I think there are too many tabs. It could be simpler.
Robin is perfect for a growing office with some understandable growing pains. When we implemented Robin it immediately solved a lot of scheduling issues, and I think that this could be a benefit for many offices. It's nice to also have access as an admin to move around booked meetings if needed, for example when our board visits very last minute and there are no rooms available.
Customer support has been incredibly helpful with all my questions and requests. They've even showed me some very useful tools that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.
We, in IT, used Robin for room management in multiple of our offices. Users used iPads to check-in and out of meetings. This freed up rooms that were not in use as there is only a limited amount of conference rooms.
  • Check-In/Out via multiple ways. Room tablet, Slack, Robin App.
  • Google Calendar integration
  • Drawing on floor plans to make room shapes. The default should be square and THEN change to odd angles. Instead of having SO much support for odd shapes, you can't easily adjust a square to the right size and keep straight lines.
  • Price could be better.
A business with a limited amount of Conference rooms, and many meetings and employees, this tool is excellent.
Whenever we had questions, the support was always quick and on top of things. There was no back and forth with a scripted level 1 tech before I could get to someone that had the actual answer, so I was able actually to get quick resolutions to issues.
January 18, 2020

Robin is the way to go!

Steven Hiersche, Jr. | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Robin in conf rooms at our corporate facility. It works very well, letting people know when rooms are vacant or being used.
  • O365 integration
  • Conf room management
  • For what it does, there isn’t anything that it needs to do differently
We don’t use the Robin desk program, so I cannot speak to that, but the conf room management is top-notch. It just works and works well
Their support up front was excellent. Haven’t had to use them again.
We searched for a platform that would make scheduling meetings easy as well as would display ongoing meetings right on the room screens and Robin has been perfect. You can schedule a meeting from the mobile app, room iPad, Outlook plugin (or just Outlook), Slack bot, or by going online to their website. So far this experiment worked well in our US office and it definitely reduced people randomly walking into someone else's meeting room thanks to iPads with the Robin app installed on them. Plus, it's a lot more convenient to search for available rooms if you need to meet right now or schedule a meeting for the future. Great solution for bigger offices with a plenty of different meeting rooms.
  • Meeting scheduling via third-party apps (i.e. Slack or Outlook) and integrations
  • Showing room availability for realtime scheduling on the go
  • Preventing double bookings of rooms
  • Constant software and platform updates
  • Sometimes the Robin app on iPad loses Wi-Fi connectivity for a few seconds (Wi-Fi is 100% working) but reconnects itself - no big deal
  • Sometimes Robin Slack bot won't respond back to "what's available" but 99% it works ok
  • The earlier version of iPad app drained batter too quickly (it didn't save brightness setting) which was fixed and now works well
If you need to keep room bookings straight - Robin is the perfect app. Most of the time people won't look at Outlook schedules and just put meetings to whichever room they choose which results in double bookings and poor experience in the office. Robin has a great iPad app that shows ongoing meetings and allows you to schedule things on the fly and check room availability in real-time. They also have Outlook plugins, iPhone app, even a Slack bot that allows you to schedule meetings whenever wherever. Really simple and easy to use to everyone's benefit.
Our entire organization uses Robin as our meeting room scheduling app. We have a Kindle Fire HD8 tablet running Robin outside of each meeting room, and Robin accesses our GSuite calendar. Robin is not only easy to setup, but also extremely customizable, which has been nice...we tend to want to bring a bit of ourselves to the office and as such use a different scene from Office Space as a background for each meeting room tablet.
  • The integration to GSuite calendars is fantastic. Very simple and straightforward.
  • The ability to customize the interface a very nice feature to have in Robin, as it offers you to allow the UI to reflect the vibe/brand of your company, and not force its own brand on you.
  • The configuration UI and corresponding terminology can be a bit confusing in the beginning (having separate spaces and devices seems odd since we use them in a 1:1 manner). Maybe some clearer quick start guides would be useful.
  • Many people do not use the "Check in" function. Therefore their meeting shows up in the stats as one which was scheduled but never held. Maybe having an option to remove the check-in button/function would be good.
I find it extremely useful in settings where power is available. Perhaps if Robin was available in a lower power consumption device it could increase its potential.
Robin is being used for room bookings as well as wayfinding in our organization. The major business problem it has resolved is the ability to find available conference rooms on the fly as well as their locations and booking with one click. Prior to using Robin, our users spent a lot of time walking around looking for rooms and collaboration spaces.
  • Booking is very simple. The ability to book upcoming and on the fly meetings is valuable to our business.
  • Easy to use interface from desktop and mobile with a very low learning curve.
  • Lots of usage data for us admins to use for space planning and usage.
  • The Robin Maps application can use some help from a visual perspective. Would be nice to have a three-dimensional map option. The product is still young so has some places for growth.
  • Calendaring is still not up to par with G-Suite and/or Outlook. I would like to see more emphasis placed on becoming the sole calendaring tool for users.
Robin works for most office space booking as well as desks environments. The only reason I would not recommend it is because it definitely gets expensive. At the per license, it could be a steep investment for smaller startups when there are other cheaper options available.
January 25, 2019

Simple. But Functional

Robin helps us coordinate meeting room availability which is essential for a variety of reasons. Prior to having a solution like Robin, we would double book rooms and have individuals arguing over who needs it more. With Robin, people were able to see which rooms were or weren't available and reserve them accordingly.
  • Schedule Meeting Rooms
  • Eliminate Overbooking
  • See Availability
  • Siloed Value
  • Impacts some teams more than others
  • Priority Booking / Override
If you have a small team with ample office space, you don't need a solution like this. If you're a growing company trying to balance your meeting room resources, it'll be a great fit.