Robly Reviews

Genie Forkner | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 02, 2020

An Intelligent Email Marketing Tool-Designed For The Smart Marketer

• OpenGen Technology.
  • Highly responsive templates.
  • Exit intent pop up.
  • You have to navigate through some repetitive steps to edit content.
  • I'd like to be able to save my settings that I regularly use, a labeling system for settings would be very helpful.
  • Email support or the ability to submit a support ticket when needed would be very helpful.
Read Genie Forkner's full review
Eric Chin | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 23, 2019

Robly generates excellent marketing automation campaigns

Pros and Cons

• The follow-ups that Robly allows us to perform for investment returns are quite practical.
  • Robly incorporates a wide variety of social marketing tools, and has a good ability to work with landing pages.
  • Robly also segments audiences quickly, and allows working with databases by exporting them from outside.
  • In terms of integration, Robly can be easily combined with many external services, in order to achieve more optimal results. Its deployment is large.
  • The answers that were provided to us by the Robly team fulfilled their function: to help us achieve much more positive results. We like how quickly they serve us.
  • Robly does not work with sales intelligence services, so there is no real way to predict the results of each campaign based on previous results.
  • Some of the email templates are not optimized enough to allow us to always use them from mobile devices.
Read Eric Chin's full review
Hannibal Pharaon | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 21, 2017

Have you Seen that new Orange Bird?

Pros and Cons

• OpenGen - Great way to automate the sending out process and change the subject line retroactively. Plan ahead.
  • AI Sending monitors the open rates and maximizes the potential open click rates based on the user's habit and proclivity to email.
  • Sends out dual function email push attempts to guarantee better success the next time around.
  • We would have liked spam filters to ascertain where the email would have otherwise gone to spam.
  • We would like dual address footers as options for companies like ours that have several physical addresses for sending out emails.
  • Better compliance with social media tabs and presence.
  • Expertise workshops held in big cities like New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles to spread the word and attune users into best practices. They could be used for retention and marketing as well.
  • Feedback with account managers at Robly that can take the account to the next level and up sell and retain needs that are addressed early on.
Read Hannibal Pharaon's full review
Melanie Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 13, 2017

Robly Works for This Church!

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use. We switched to Robly from Constant Contact, and find it much more intuitive.
  • Reporting. At a glance, we can see how effective our campaigns have been.
  • I don't have a lot of experience with HTML, but I'm able to create good looking e-mails using the tools provided by Robly.
  • The price is right! Our non-profit saved money by switching from Constant Contact to Robly.
  • E-mails don't always look exactly as we intended them, depending on the recipient's e-mail provider.
Read Melanie Smith's full review
Maria Wong | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 06, 2017

Easy email with Robly

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use: Robly handles in much the same way that Microsoft Office does, which makes it very easy to use with very little training. The editing tools are clear and well laid out, and the process of creating a mass email is laid out in a step-by-step fashion which helps ensure that no steps are missed.
  • Great customer service: We switched to Robly because of, among other things, their great customer service. Questions are answered promptly, and there are excellent online support services including instructional videos, knowledge based posts, online chat, and email. It is always easy to interact with Robly, whether to resolve a glitch with payment, or to learn how to use a function of the platform.
  • Competitive pricing. We are a small nonprofit, so cost is an important factor for us. Robly offers a special rate for nonprofits, which allows us to get great service for a very reasonable rate.
  • I don't have many cons for Robly. One thing that would be helpful is concerning adding a set of emails to the contact list. It would be nice to receive a list of emails that are not added and a reason why (e.g., duplicate, etc.).
  • I have noticed that when I am editing an email campaign, at times it will unexpectedly stop showing me the text editing menu bar, and there doesn't seem to be a way to call it back up. This can be resolved by saving and exiting the campaign and then reopening, but it breaks into my work flow and is an inconvenience. I have not been able to find a pattern for the occurrence of the glitch.
Read Maria Wong's full review
Kate Solisti | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 07, 2017

Robly captures my clients!

Pros and Cons

• I like like the brief "teaser" quality that links people to my blog.
  • I really like that Robly tracks opens and click throughs and sends a follow-up email to only those who didn't open the first one.
  • I would like to see personalization of outgoing emails.
  • I would like to see them interface better with Wix.
Read Kate Solisti's full review
Stephanie Haas | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 06, 2017

Robly rocks for a non-profit!

Pros and Cons

• Simple to edit - We had previously used Constant Contact, which was a generally good system, but Robly is much easier to modify and update.
  • Feedback system - PT&E loves how Robly gives detailed feedback about how many clients open the emails, click, etc. Additionally, we like to use the automatic second round of emails blast. It helps us to get more opens and clicks!
  • Cost-effective - You get a lot of bang for your buck! Robly is a bit cheaper than Constant Contact, which we were using before, and we think it gives us better results.
  • More fonts!
  • Module interface - Slightly challenging to modify templates.
Read Stephanie Haas's full review
Bob Read | TrustRadius Reviewer

Great for Small Businesses

Pros and Cons

• Ease of use: Robly is very intuitive and easy/fast to use, so you don't spend too much extra time on formatting, etc.
  • Pushing to social media: Robly makes it easy to push to other social media outlets at the same time as publishing, saving extra time to sign in and post to those outlets specifically.
  • AI sending: Robly offers the option to send emails at different times of day in different parts of the world, which is helpful when your clients are international, like ours.
  • Text formatting disappears in certain situations - we duplicate our campaigns, so we can maintain the same template we customised when starting with Robly. When we use this duplicate campaign, and highlight text in text areas, the formatting doesn't come up. This means we have to add another text area, and retype the text, wasting time we don't believe we should have to. Every time we save a campaign and go back, we encounter the same problem.
  • Auto save doesn't always work 100% - sometimes when we change text/photos, and click on another area, the text reverts back to the text we had before, and we need to type it again. This doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it can be frustrating.
  • New content boxes always need to be reformatted - it would be nice if they offered a "default" formatting that could be accessed easily for a campaign, so that the new content is already in the format you want it to be. When you duplicate a campaign, this formatting would remain. It would save a lot of time for us.
Read Bob Read's full review
Donna Hardcastle | TrustRadius Reviewer

Robly Rocks!

Pros and Cons

• Support for questions is fantastic!
  • We like the new look and so does our data base.
  • Easy to use and that is important to us!
  • I sometimes have problems with moving images, but support fixes for me.
  • Moving blocks from previous campaigns have a strange look (boxed).
Read Donna Hardcastle's full review
Steve Hess | TrustRadius Reviewer

Robly works for me!

Pros and Cons

• Helps me to quickly and effectively create and disseminate communications, offers, new programs, sales etc., to my customer base.
  • Since good photography is key to a strong email I would like to be able to use higher resolution photography. Often times my good photos are fuzzy or in poor resolution because of the resolution limit on photographs used in emails.
Read Steve Hess's full review
JoAnn Jakiela | TrustRadius Reviewer

EG Library Uses Robly

Pros and Cons

• I love the OpenGen feature. This option has a lot more people opening the emails we send.
  • Making separate target email lists.
  • Easy to add photos and change templates.
  • I have had issues of the program freezing when I'm working on layout and haven't saved it so have to start over.
Read JoAnn Jakiela's full review
Erin Baber | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 12, 2017

Love Robly & their catchphrases at the end! :)

• Easy to use website.
  • Love the live chat option.
  • Appreciate having trendy, cute formed emails ready to plug-n-play.
  • The change of adding a clickable PDF took some time to find/figure out.
  • Sometimes the site will stop offering the edit toolbar in the midst of typing. Will have to stop, save and reopen to get the toolbar back.
  • I'd love to see a "frequently used campaign" option when beginning a new campaign. We typically use a form that's on the bottom half of the options.
Read Erin Baber's full review
Robbie Stabeno | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 12, 2017

Creating email newsletters in Robly is fast and easy

Pros and Cons

• Second email to students that haven't opened the first.
  • Adding or deleting large lists of recipients.
  • They automatically delete email addresses that are non-existent or closed. I don't have to go in and manually delete.
  • The tool to change fonts and colors seems to have some glitches and could be improved.
Read Robbie Stabeno's full review
Eric Patysiak | TrustRadius Reviewer

A No Frills Product

• Easy to assemble templates
  • Unlimited storage to upload an entire library of photos to use in newsletters or other online marketing
  • Easy for beginners or small and even large organizations. Excellent for small businesses, organizations, and entrepreneurs.
  • Uploading a new list is a little cumbersome, I and others seem to forget what steps come first and where the buttons are located. I recommend writing it down so you don't forget.
Read Eric Patysiak's full review
Kathryn Gooding | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 12, 2017

With a few tweaks, could be great!

Pros and Cons

• The cost can't be beat!
  • Building an email is quick and straighforward. The templates are well done.
  • The OpenGen feature is outstanding. Our emails get many more opens and almost no complaints when we use it.
  • It's difficult to tell what "opens" have occured most recently. For the newest emails, opening them and checking on the "opens" is simple, but if a recipient opens an older email, we may never see that unless we click on each email and check. Can there be a way to flag an email that has had an "open" in the last 48 hours or so?
  • The count of "opens" for each email on the dashboard is inaccurate and is only updated sporadically.
  • In the categories of Opt Out and Spam, if one contact clicks more than once, each click is counted. So one recipient clicking repeatedly can skew the picture.
  • The Segmentation feature is not very intuitive. I've used it several times and each time have to relearn it and then am not sure whether the results were what I was seeking.
  • I'd like more fonts when creating an email.
  • I'd like to be able to embed video when creating an email.
Read Kathryn Gooding's full review
Julie Ramey | TrustRadius Reviewer

Affordable, User-Friendly Robly a Good Choice for Municipal Parks Department

Pros and Cons

• OpenGen feature improves open rates. We appreciate the automation and flexibility.
  • Simple, drag-and-drop design elements allow use by a variety of professional-level staff, not just the marketing team.
  • Reports are superb, and are a key part of determining marketing effectiveness. We appreciate this opportunity to collect data.
  • List segmentation allows us to experiment and to constantly improve our messaging.
  • WYSIWYG editor is flawed. Text occasionally changes size, color and font between sending computer and customer inbox.
  • Photos are not easily re-sized or manipulated within the system, requiring a lot of back and forth between photo editing software and uploads to Robly to optimize visual elements.
  • Spacing features especially in a bulleted or numbered list. When a bulleted list has a bullet with more than one line, it is extremely difficult (i.e. have to use the HTML source code to manipulate) to fix spacing.
  • Templates are deceiving, since headers, etc., are photos or art files and cannot be customized.
Read Julie Ramey's full review
Joni Conrad | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 06, 2017

Robly Fan

Pros and Cons

• We send a bi-monthly e-newsletter to our members and through Robly our open rate for this general newsletter has increased over 50%.
  • We receive great feedback on the readability and execution of our e-news on mobile platforms. This ease of use has translated into additional open rate increases.
  • The mobile-ready templates have been easy to use while also ensuring readability across devices.
  • The ability to use the "HTML source" for additional flexibility is easy to access.
  • While they are built for a purpose, the mobile ready templates can, at times, not be flexible enough for what I'm trying to do in a specific publication.
  • I've had some issues with the delivered versions in Outlook during testing, although our office is running an older version, which is part of the part of the problem.
Read Joni Conrad's full review
Londa Rohlfing | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 06, 2017

Robly is great value for email marketing

Pros and Cons

• Support - the chat feature to answer my questions is awesome, and if closed, they get right back to me.
  • I love the way I can add several email addresses at once, and segment my lists into many different ones for the different parts of my business.
  • I like the statistics reporting - pretty easy for a non-numbers type gal.
  • The editor has been a little challenging to get used to. But the support is great. I just wish I could get rid of some of the white 'gaps' in my newsletter.
Read Londa Rohlfing's full review
Judy Weston-Thompson | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 16, 2017

Robly vs Constant Contact - Robly is our choice!

Pros and Cons

• OpenGen generates more opens.
  • A template made to match our website made for good branding.
  • Easy to use blocks and color make it simple to create new emails quickly.
  • We don't have any suggestions for improvements currently as our usage was down last year.
Read Judy Weston-Thompson's full review

WYSIWYG email editor (29)
Dynamic content (25)
A/B testing (17)
Mobile optimization (31)
9.5
Email deliverability reporting (36)
10.0
List management (37)
10.0
Triggered drip sequences (15)
Standard reports (36)

About Robly

Robly is an email marketing solution designed for beginners and experts alike.

According to the vendor, some key benefits include:

OpenGen
Robly's breakthrough OpenGen technology sends your first campaign as you would normally send it. OpenGen will then re-send your campaign 1-5 days later, with a different subject line, only to those subscribers who didn't open your first email.

Exit Intent Popups
Instead of a normal sign-up widget, use a pop-up widget with Robly's signature Exit-Intent technology to offer subscribers who are leaving your website incentive for joining your mailing list, and watch your list grow.

Patent Pending Robly A.I.
Instead of sending your email campaign all at once, patent-pending Robly A.I. sends each email one at a time, at the exact moment your subscriber is most likely to check their inbox.