RoboForm

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of RoboForm, and make your voice heard!

5-year subscription

101-1000 users/per year

3-year subscription

101-1000 users/per year

5-year subscription

26-100 users/per year

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.roboform.com/business/prici…

What is RoboForm?

RoboForm for Business is a secure, intuitive, and easy-to-use password automation and centralized management solution for businesses and government agencies around the world. Our software helps your company organize logins and passwords, making your password generation, storing, and sharing both easier and more secure. RoboForm for Business integration results in the elimination of forgotten passwords, loss of productivity caused by it, and costs related to their reset.

A RoboForm for Business company account can be created in minutes. It is highly customizable and can be tailored through a variety of custom policies set by Admins to meet your organizations specific needs and security standards.

All RoboForm data is encrypted at all stages using AES256 bit encryption with PBKDF2. Company owned RoboForm data can be securely shared with other employees using public-private key cryptography. Two-step verification is available as an added layer of protection.

Admins can generate reports based on RoboForm data access and usage for each employee or sharing group.

RoboForm for Business licenses are sold as an annual subscription per user. Volume and multi-year subscription discounts are available.

RoboForm Features

• Supported: Permission levels
  • Supported: Identities
  • Supported: Password resets

RoboForm Screenshots

Screenshot of Available RoboForm file types include: Logins to websites, Logins to applications, Identities, Bookmarks, Safenotes, Contacts, and custom Forms. RoboForm for Business offers complete separation of private and company owned RoboForm files.Screenshot of RoboForm for Business is highly customizable and can be tailored through a variety of custom policies set by Admins to meet your organizations specific needs and security standards. Advanced reports are available on users and groups access and usage.

RoboForm Competitors

RoboForm Technical Details

Mobile ApplicationApple iOS, Android, Windows Phone
Supported LanguagesArabic, Armenian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian

Dashlane, LastPass for Business, and 1Password are common alternatives for RoboForm.

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.9.

The most common users of RoboForm are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Mark Worthen | TrustRadius Reviewer
RoboForm helps me manage dozens of passwords I use regularly for business and personal purposes. It saves passwords automatically if you use the RoboForm browser extension. I also use its password generator, which I can format to a specific number of characters, character types, e.g., lower and upper case letters, numbers, and symbols. The software rates the strength of the password. I use it on a Windows desktop, Mac laptop, and iPhone.
  • Generates complex passwords based on specifications I set, with strength ratings by RoboForm.
  • Saves (stores) passwords in the cloud accessible with a "master password", which Roboform itself does not know (so don't lose that password - it's the only one you need to write down in a safe place).
  • Cross-platform synchronization.
  • They have always responded within 24-48 hours to email support requests.
  • Recommend periodic purging of unused passwords.
  • Offer a "compromised password" alert feature.
  • Don't remind me about a recent update as often as you do now. (I might be able to control this on my desktop's notification settings?)
I cannot speak to enterprise or larger company use since I am a solo business owner. But for solo, very small, and small businesses it is a reliable, easy-to-use password manager. The cost has always seemed reasonable to me but I admit I have not shopped around because I've been happy with RoboForm - it is the only password manager I have ever used. A personal account, which is what I have, is $23.88 USD per year - they usually have a discount for the first year. If I had employees the business account might be worth it although I haven't investigated it. (It costs more - $39.95 per year per user for a one-year subscription). Discounts are available for 3-year and 5-year subscriptions.
I use RoboForm everyday on multiple devices. 3 Computers and 1 mobile phone. I have the Everywhere license that syncs all my information to these devices. I use it to remember all my passwords to all web sites. I use it to generate different passwords for all web sites. I use the Safe Notes feature to remember passwords to computers, credit card information, key codes for locks, any information that I want to store securely is in there.
  • Fill in web site user id and passwords.
  • Organizes all confidential information in Safe Notes
  • Allows access to all my information on my mobile phone
  • Bring back the login information card instead of opening on new web page
  • Navigation on the phone. Not sure how to improve it but seems clumsy. Maybe because I have so many entries.
RoboForm is a great password manager and secure information storage system. I use it on my desktop and laptop computers with the browser extension. The browser extension allows it to fill in web site id and password. I use Firefox, Chrome and Edge and the browser extension works in all of these. I have mixed feelings about using on the phone, but this may be due to limits of the phone platform itself. I do not surf that much on the phone but still need it once in a while. It works but sometimes I have to copy password and then paste it into the field, but this is for applications on the phone. So as I said, it is probably the platform that is the issue.
For the few times, in the many years that I have used RoboForm, and that I have needed to contact support they were very responsive.
Joel LaRusic | TrustRadius Reviewer
RoboForm is used as a password manager in our IT support company. We use it to store internal passwords as well client passwords. We use the Business version which allows excellent granularity in permissions between different techs/staff in our organization. Password management is a real challenge these days as passwords should be unique and complex. With a password manager like RoboForm, we encourage random and unique passwords. We can always get access to the passwords via browser integration, the RoboForm website or the mobile device app.
  • Granularity of permissions in the business version
  • Excellent security features such as OTP (one-time password)
  • Browser integration is excellent... almost flawless.
  • Supports all the major browsers and some minor ones too
  • The random password generator is a handy little tool and easily accessible from the sign-up page
  • [In my experience] Android browser integration could be better. For example, It does not work much in Chrome on Android.
  • Reseller program [I feel] is not good at all. Not unless you can sell a LOT.
I often do recommend RoboForm to colleagues and clients. I sometimes refer them to the personal version of the program, if they don't own a business. It forces people to let go of the idea that they need to remember all their passwords (and therefore choose easy to remember ones). So it is great for security.
Christopher Benedict | TrustRadius Reviewer
I can't recommend RoboForm enough. I have been using it at least 10 years, if not more. On mobile, desktop or laptop, having RoboForm allows me to secure passwords regardless of where we are or what device we are using. With hundreds of logins and passwords saved, I am able to use long chain passwords that help secure my business!
  • Password saving.
  • Access across multiple platforms.
  • Ability to share passwords with other RoboForm users.
  • With two page authentication, there are still sites I have to manually enter passwords.
Probably would not recommend this product to an older user (60+) unless they are tech savvy. For all others, I am surprised how many people can't remember passwords, fumble for passwords or use the same on over and over. If you bank online, use multiple sites or are using the web often, you have to have a good password program.
Considering I have had this product for over 10 years and I have never had to contact support shows this is a good product to use.
Jay Werth | TrustRadius Reviewer
Roboform is not a mandated password manager for our company. In fact, I can't imagine a company mandating a password manager application. Roboform is mandatory for me, an individual with over 300 sign-in protocols.
  • Captures password/username when first using an application.
  • Accurately fills in sign in information when alighting on a site.
  • Is inexpensive.
  • Use across all three browsers I use - Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
  • Syncs seamlessly across browsers and mobile phone app.
  • Mobile phone app is very good; easy to navigate.
  • I have no difficulties with this app and therefore no suggestions for improvement. I'm not a software engineer. It works for me. I'm happy.
I've continually recommended this product when I know of someone struggling to remember sign-in protocols.
I've had a couple of questions and Roboform's website was easy to navigate to find solutions. Nothing major. It was years ago and I can't recall the specific instance or instances. It says something when one doesn't have to seek support since the app works so well.
Mike Calabro | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a freelance photographer (sole employee) and use Roboform every day. I use Roboform on my desktop, laptop and cell phone so that I can have secure access to all of the password-protected websites and apps that I use. Using Roboform is much safer than reusing the same password over and over again.
  • Syncing of passwords across multiple platforms. Computer, laptop and cell phone.
  • Auto-filling of webforms with the ability to have multiple identities to choose form.
  • The ability to keep passwords local. I don't use this feature, but it seems a lot more secure than being forced to sync with a server.
  • Since it is less popular than competitors, it is less prone to hackers.
  • The UI has not been updated in years and looks/feels very dated. Even though I have been using it for a long time, it is still confusing to use.
  • It often doesn't save form fields/passwords properly which makes the autofill not work on many sites. You have to go in manually and look up your login and password at times.
  • The mobile app done't work on most apps, but it does a good job while using Chrome.
Everyone needs to have a password manager these days. Roboform is one of the oldest, but there are many options out there and I am not sure if RoboForm is the best one. If you only use RoboForm locally and do not sync with their servers, it is most likely one of the most secure password managers out there. But, syncing across multiple machines is a must these days. I have been wanting to change apps for years but have not because of the time it would take to transfer all of my passwords and the time it would take to learn how to use a new app.
I have never used their support.
I use RoboForm as my main password manager. I have also recommended and installed it for other users. Roboform does a very nice job of handling the many passwords that I use by only having to remember one password. It also makes filling in the info as simple as one click.
  • Manages all your passwords in one, secure place.
  • Makes filling in logins and passwords very easy.
  • Can also associate notes with passwords.
  • Subscription required, and there are similar options that are free.
  • Can be difficult to share across multiple computers.
  • Phone integration could be better.
RoboForm works well for anyone who needs to deal with many different passwords. It will even create very strong passwords for you. It is very secure. Although they offer a free version, it is somewhat limited.
Although I personally have never had to access support, it seems to be well rated.