Management dashboard (99)
Retention options (99)
Deduplication and file compression (97)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Rubrik, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Rubrik is cloud data management and enterprise backup software provided by Palo Alto-based Rubrik, Inc. It is a software platform that provides backup, instant recovery, archival, search, analytics, compliance, and copy data management in one secure fabric across data centers and clouds.
Its software is also designed to be vendor-agnostic, and supports the most commonly used operating systems, databases, hypervisors, clouds, and SaaS applications. And while you can utilize Rubrik’s software completely on the cloud, Rubrik also integrates with on-premises hardware, and even provides their own proprietary Rubrik appliances.
Rubrik functions through a single policy engine that orchestrates service level agreements (SLAs) across the data lifecycle. Management is automated across hybrid and multi-cloud environments with one programmatic interface.
Analytics & Reporting
Rubrik’s software creates customized reports and data visualizations for user’s platforms on operational efficiency, compliance, and capacity utilization.
Security & Compliance
Data stored and backed up through Rubrik is secured in-transit and at-rest throughout its lifecycle, regardless of location. Rubrik delivers granular role-based access control while automating compliance reporting to complete various industry and internal audits. Users can quickly recover from ransomware through immutable backups native to the platform.
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Live recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Management dashboard
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||40%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries||NA, LATAM, EMEA, APJ|
- Test and dev database refresh from replicated SQL data
- We use the instant recovery feature as a change-rollback button. If a change doesn't go as planned, we just revert the machine and we're done. This lets us try things quickly and recover from mistakes seamlessly.
- SQL backups can be restored to a new database seamlessly, which can be done without granting users access to the SQL server itself. This is very useful for standing up test environments!
- Auto test recovery
- Speed to restore
- We've used it recently to spin up copies of both VMs and databases to run alongside the original and prove the safety/concept of a particular change.
- I used the replication and live mount to bring a VM to a different datacenter with about 10 minutes downtime for that service.
- Using AWS as DR Site
- Using Glacier to store media backups
- Test and Dev sandboxing
- To test BCD plans
- Clone server or move VM from Rubrik Cluster
- Archival to cloud
- Fast turnaround of backup
- using it as a file dumpset
- The fact that they were the first vendor supporting Nutanix AHV
- Storage saving is impressive
- Speed of recovery is unprecedented
- We live mount and test developed with Rubrik's Live mount feature.
- Backing up large file shares with millions of small files
- leveraging the SaaS platform for advanced metrics
- leveraging api's to automatically add new server builds into Rubrik SLA's