Management dashboard (99)
Retention options (99)
Deduplication and file compression (97)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Rubrik, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Rubrik is cloud data management and enterprise backup software provided by Palo Alto-based Rubrik, Inc. It is a software platform that provides backup, instant recovery, archival, search, analytics, compliance, and copy data management in one secure fabric across data centers and clouds.
Its software is also designed to be vendor-agnostic, and supports the most commonly used operating systems, databases, hypervisors, clouds, and SaaS applications. And while you can utilize Rubrik’s software completely on the cloud, Rubrik also integrates with on-premises hardware, and even provides their own proprietary Rubrik appliances.
Rubrik functions through a single policy engine that orchestrates service level agreements (SLAs) across the data lifecycle. Management is automated across hybrid and multi-cloud environments with one programmatic interface.
Analytics & Reporting
Rubrik’s software creates customized reports and data visualizations for user’s platforms on operational efficiency, compliance, and capacity utilization.
Security & Compliance
Data stored and backed up through Rubrik is secured in-transit and at-rest throughout its lifecycle, regardless of location. Rubrik delivers granular role-based access control while automating compliance reporting to complete various industry and internal audits. Users can quickly recover from ransomware through immutable backups native to the platform.
- Supported: Universal recovery
- Supported: Live recovery
- Supported: Recovery verification
- Supported: Business application protection
- Supported: Multiple backup destinations
- Supported: Incremental backup identification
- Supported: Backup to the cloud
- Supported: Deduplication and file compression
- Supported: Snapshots
- Supported: Flexible deployment
- Supported: Management dashboard
- Supported: Platform support
- Supported: Retention options
- Supported: Encryption
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||60%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||40%|
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Supported Countries||NA, LATAM, EMEA, APJ|
- VMs backup
- NAS shares backup
- ransomeware detection, protection.
- Sensitive data classified.
- VMware DR orchestration.
- SQL Server high transactions backup.
- Rubrik SQL Server backup using Microsoft VSS, which is causing the the database issues and delays for the very high transaction rate.
- better file filtering - file sets concept is not very intuitive.
- Has a Hype-converged Infrastructure support.
- Has wide range of backup capability that includes VM's, SQL, Servers, Storage.
- Can be integrated with VM conversion from .vmdk to .vhd
- They can integrate their software with other vendors including NetApp, Oracle, IBM.
- They should certainly improve there bootstrap time for rebooting the Rubrik Brik.
- They should work on the uptime of the backups frequency.
- Easy setup
- Easy deployment
- Very fast recovery
- Separation of OS
- Better API to 2FA
- Ability to set capacity thresholds
- Quick and efficient snapshots
- Ransomware protection
- Data checks
- Secure containment of data
- Easier firmware upgrade process
- Instant restore of entire servers.
- Easy to understand dashboard, very intuitive.
- Remote agents are automatically updated when the device is OS is updated.
- Able to easily onboard devices that we need to back up.
- Setting up e-mail alerts.
- Getting certificate installed.
- Would be great if Rubrik and self test backups (as in restore tests).
- Speedy disk to disk backups.
- Excellent disaster recovery options.
- Quicker UI.
- Validates all backups against ransomware during and after backups are performed.
- Is seamless in backing up data whether on prem or in the Cloud.
- Support engineers are extremely knowledgeable and useful in providing guidance.
- Integrates will with native Oracle and SQL backup processes.
- Could use better data compression. While good, could be better.
- Assign SLA.
- Quick restore.
- Live mount of databases.
- Better disk usage reports.
- File management.
- Easy to use.
- Fast recovery.
- Backup analytics.
- Immutable backups if emergency occurs.
- Anything Rubrik is missing can be developed with their open API.
- It would be nicer if Rubrik had better networking options out of the box for machines being restored to a location other than their normal location.
- Better node reporting or performance, we have had a few nodes need to be rebooted.
- Backup speed.
- Simplistic UI.
- PowerShell capability.
- Weekend backup scheduling.
- Easier to use reports creator.
- Easier to read error reporting.
- More comprehensive KB/user guide.
- Quick and easy snapshots.
- Quick and easy restores.
- Protection against ransomware.
- Native 2FA for local accounts.
- Instant recovery.
- Backup reliability.
- Ease of use and implementation.
- Business continuity.
- Better integration with GCP.
- Extremely fast restores of both file data and entire VMs via snapshots.
- Incredible user-friendly interface that has what I found to be a low learning curve.
- Easy to set up replication between sites for DR purposes.
- Fantastic support when I have issues - time to initial contact is very low and resolution is almost always very quick.
- Global search feature makes finding things very quick.
- Would like to see file-level restores added for Polaris Azure VM snapshots (I believe this already exists in AWS).
- Would love to have an NDMP option for interfacing with EMC Unity array NAS backups.
- Easy backup setup through SLA domains.
- Convenient dashboard that allows complete overview of the solutions.
- Immediate restore of failed servers and sandbox creation.
- Reporting part is lacking some functionality.
- Cloud archival.
- Backup and restore times.
- SLAs reduce admin management time significantly.
- Polaris restore times.
- Inability to change/migrate archive storage tiers once in use.
- Integration with VCenter.
- Consistency with Support Technicians.
- Not given the user manual each time there is a question or issue with a paid product.
- After hours support emailing off hours.
- Ease of backup.
- Ease of recovery.
- Ease of management.
- Not being able to backup Windows 10.
- Compression and deduplication could be improved.
- Lacks full control over snapshot schedules.
- Restore SQL to a different server.
- Full server restore quickly in a VM environment.
- Data move4s with one is creating a new server or between drives with full security kept intact, especially for redirected my documents where even a DA does not have rights to the files.
- in VM world still does vmdk snapshots to minimize backup times.
- Uses the concept of SLA so one does not have to schedule all backups and have that headache.
- Immutable store.
- Very secure, and allows Archive to S3 cloud storage to offload repository size limitations.
- Migrating off 32 bit machines is tough, as the RBS does not have a 32 bit component. They should have one for some backwards capabilities to make migration off 32 bit machines a breeze.
- Needs to have the ability to restore to Windows SMB shares (UNC path and not hard dive letters) off a regular restore.
- Needs a few more options on restore, e.g. even if an restore error, to still continue or not option.
- Have a restore option to keep current security of take on security of the restore location.
- E-mail notification of when a restore is completed.
- Easy implementation of SLA domain.
- Oracle DB backup.
- NoSQL DB backup.
- Vault for particularly critical system backup.
- Daily easy to read reports of the previous 24 hours.
- Daily report includes up to 7 days of activity in an easy Red/Green legend.
- Rubrik's central console can manage most functions with a single pane.
- Rubrik's integration and ability to leverage Azure storage for Long Term Retention are impressive!
- Restores are amazingly robust and fast with Rubrik.
- The "Compass" feature needs to be implemented in the Polaris side of Rubrik's solutions.
- The UI and setup process was very straight forward and easy to understand.
- Rubrik provides modern backup security features such as 2FA and immutable disks.
- We believe that a converged backup solution was the way to go and Rubrik has a great solution.
- The AWS configuration was the most difficult piece of the setup and required a support call but they were able to get us up and running.
- Live mount restores minimizes downtime.
- Ability to get as granular as restoring specific files from previous snapshots.
- Setting up backups on new servers takes less than a minute, increasing productivity.
- Price is a little high, but you get what you pay for.
- Needs better integration with VSphere.
- User interface can be a little complex.
- Fast Backups
- Super Fast Full VM Restores
- Ease of Management
- Product Support Team is AMZAING
- Can't think of a con, it's pretty bullet proof
- VMware backups are done really well and super efficiently.
- The general ease of installation of the entire product.
- The APIs could be a little easier to exploit.
- The interface could use a little work.