Rydoo (formerly Xpenditure) is a cloud based travel management solution that also handles the expense management process from receipt to accounting. After taking a picture of a receipt, Rydoo will extract all relevant data, and make it ready to be exported to the accounting software of your choice.Makes balancing my Business Expenses Easy!I use Rydoo to manage my business expenses in the field. Our entire organization uses this software to balance expenses. It helps our office efficiently balance charges in the field for meals, rental cars, hotels, fuel, etc. I'll add that when the software was Xpenditure it worked very well and I could trust it to match charges and assist in saving me time when working on my expenses. When Rydoo rebranded and took over the software it had a few bugs like you couldn't upload receipts if you were also using a hot spot and it didn't save and remember your accounts for ease in repeat charges. However I have noticed all these issues are a thing of the past and it now exceeds my expectations of use and is reading my receipts more accurately.,Saves recent accounts so you do not have to search for them each time you are adding receipts Matches transactions quickly Reads receipt details accurately,I really feel like any areas I could have felt the software needed to improve have been updated and fixed,10,Efficiency Ease of Use,Rydoo is pretty goodIt is being used by the entire organization to submit reimbursements as well as receipts for purchases on company credit cards.,List out each expense clearly Good UI Lots of options for categories,Has lots of random loading spinners when manually adding details for an expense A little slow Hard to see expenses once they've been reimbursed,10,Saved time handling expenses Made it easier for employees to get reimbursedNot Bad, But Better Options ExistOne of my accounting firm's clients uses Rydoo to track their expenditures across their whole organization. They use it to track both reimbursed expenses and corporate credit card receipts. It helped them to organize their receipts and streamline their reimbursement approval process across several departments in multiple countries. Rydoo's ability to seamlessly handle multiple currencies was very helpful with this rollout.,Multiple currencies are handled easily User experience is easy and painless Collect receipts,They do not offer any way of actually paying the reimbursements. We currently export them to QBO, then to Bill.com for payment, which is cumbersome and error-prone. They don't offer an easy way to only export specific items from Rydoo to QBO, which is something we regularly want to do. There is a workaround, but it is kind of hacky. Constantly have to switch back and forth between roles (Controller, Approver, etc.) to get anything done.,5,We do not track the ROI of the investment, but it has helped to streamline was previously a very haphazard process,Expensify,QuickBooks Online, Xero, Bill.comClean & simple expensesOur organization uses Rydoo to manage and process expenses across all departments. As an international business with many satellite offices, our company supports a lot of business travel. Our sales team travels frequently, and the entire company travels twice a year for company retreats. We use Rydoo to pay employees their travel per diems and expense specific work-related travel, meals, phone bills, office purchases, etc. We also use Rydoo to reimburse specific perks (e.g., gym membership).,The interface is very friendly and easy to use. Expenses can be dry and confusing, but Rydoo keeps everything simple, visually clean, and easy to navigate. The dashboard offers a great overview so you can easily see where all of your money is. There are multiple ways to quickly add an expense via upload, webcam, or email. I prefer to add expenses manually, but when I've tried the other methods, they usually accurately fill out the expense fields based on the provided receipt. Email correspondence is very good. I like automatically receiving "Reimburse report generated" emails that allow me to download my report and keep track of my expenses.,This is minor, but I wish that when I clicked "Expenses," I could set the default to show "All" and not "To do." I like to quickly see the status of my submitted but not-yet-controlled expenses. It would be great if I could crop, highlight, and otherwise edit receipts within Rydoo. For example, I get reimbursed for my phone bill, but I'm on a shared plan. When I upload my receipt it contains bills for the other members of my plan too. I always have to highlight the portion that belongs to me. I do this before uploading to Rydoo. Sometimes the software runs slowly. Sometimes if a receipt is uploaded, it can take a long time for Rydoo to automatically parse the content and take you to the expense creation form. (Once it's populated, though, expense creation is very fast and easy.),8,Rydoo saves time, which saves money. I'm able to make and check expenses quickly. Rydoo was easy to learn and integrate. It didn't require lengthly training so it smoothed the onboarding process for new hires. Rydoo centralizes internal communication about specific expenses, since you can leave comments.,,TravelPerk, BambooHR, Slack, JIRA Software, Trello, Sketch, Dropbox Business, Google Hangouts, TriNet, Google DriveRydoo makes my life easierOur whole company uses Rydoo to submit expenses and get reimbursed. We have been using it for two years now and everyone loves it. I have only used it on my laptop and it works great to get my expenses in.,It's easy to get receipt information into the software via the camera, uploading, or emailing the receipt. The user interface is very straight forward and clean. It's easy to figure out what you need to do to complete the task. I know once my expenses and approved and I dont need to worry about it anymore.,The receipt info that gets pulled in isn't always correct. The receipt info takes about 2 minutes to upload so could be faster.,10,Expense reports are processed much faster.,ExpensifyReview from OakwoodWe implemented Rydoo in late 2016 but it took time for Managers to accept the concept of app-based expense reporting. After getting Management approval the whole organization is on Rydoo with 120 users. The history and cloud filing are great for providing reports and supporting both book and tax audits with our organization. Using the platform greatly reduces input time, provides clear concise receipts and allows Managers to run reports on their departments without accounting interference. It's a great time saver.,Ease of Use Currency translations Ease of sending to AP system,Modifying users in accounting is slow and cumbersome. I usually ask the support desk to help to save time. Some people have issues with reading the App status as expenses are not categorized by status.,9,The objective of cutting accounting input down was achieved. Not having employees submit weeks at a time is partially achieved.,Speedy expense reportingWe use it to send in daily expenses on business travel for livestock management. The biggest problem I have had is that when you take a picture of a receipt and it puts in the wrong location for currency. If you don't watch for this issue, things can be thrown way off.,The app is easy to use on both your phone and your computer. Doesn't take long for the photo to upload.,Getting the correct type of currency logged and exchanged if you travel outside the United States. It could use more categories and options for expenses and what they are for.,9,This is an unknown for me, since I work in the field a lot. But I do know, however, that it allows employees to be better severed and taken care of faster on expenses they have when using their own accounts. It can help keep people happy that work for a company since they aren't waiting for money owed as long.
Rydoo (formerly Xpenditure)

Rydoo Reviews

Rydoo

Filter 8 vetted Rydoo reviews and ratings

Do you use this product? Write a Review
Tiffany Tuft profile photo
April 30, 2019

Makes balancing my Business Expenses Easy!

• Saves recent accounts so you do not have to search for them each time you are adding receipts
  • Matches transactions quickly
  • Reads receipt details accurately
  • I really feel like any areas I could have felt the software needed to improve have been updated and fixed
Rydoo is great for snapping a picture of a receipt expense so I do not have to manage paper receipts. It is very useful in matching expenses to my credit card and assist in billing balancing.
Read Tiffany Tuft's full review
Dillon Welch profile photo

Rydoo is pretty good

• List out each expense clearly
  • Good UI
  • Lots of options for categories
  • Has lots of random loading spinners when manually adding details for an expense
  • A little slow
  • Hard to see expenses once they've been reimbursed
Rydoo is well suited for a company dealing with reimbursements and handling receipts for company card transactions.
Read Dillon Welch's full review
June 06, 2019

Not Bad, But Better Options Exist

• Multiple currencies are handled easily
  • User experience is easy and painless
  • Collect receipts
  • They do not offer any way of actually paying the reimbursements. We currently export them to QBO, then to Bill.com for payment, which is cumbersome and error-prone.
  • They don't offer an easy way to only export specific items from Rydoo to QBO, which is something we regularly want to do. There is a workaround, but it is kind of hacky.
  • Constantly have to switch back and forth between roles (Controller, Approver, etc.) to get anything done.
I would recommend it for someone who wanted to track reimbursed expenses or credit card expenses, but there is not enough in Rydoo to work with these two distinct categories of items separately. It is not a good fit for someone looking to have their expenses seamlessly reimbursed (like Expensify). I do recommend it if you need to work with multiple currencies, because it makes that easy.
May 10, 2019

Clean & simple expenses

• The interface is very friendly and easy to use. Expenses can be dry and confusing, but Rydoo keeps everything simple, visually clean, and easy to navigate. The dashboard offers a great overview so you can easily see where all of your money is.
  • There are multiple ways to quickly add an expense via upload, webcam, or email. I prefer to add expenses manually, but when I've tried the other methods, they usually accurately fill out the expense fields based on the provided receipt.
  • Email correspondence is very good. I like automatically receiving "Reimburse report generated" emails that allow me to download my report and keep track of my expenses.
  • This is minor, but I wish that when I clicked "Expenses," I could set the default to show "All" and not "To do." I like to quickly see the status of my submitted but not-yet-controlled expenses.
  • It would be great if I could crop, highlight, and otherwise edit receipts within Rydoo. For example, I get reimbursed for my phone bill, but I'm on a shared plan. When I upload my receipt it contains bills for the other members of my plan too. I always have to highlight the portion that belongs to me. I do this before uploading to Rydoo.
  • Sometimes the software runs slowly. Sometimes if a receipt is uploaded, it can take a long time for Rydoo to automatically parse the content and take you to the expense creation form. (Once it's populated, though, expense creation is very fast and easy.)
As a user, I can't think of many scenarios where Rydoo would be inappropriate. From my perspective, it's a great fit for both small and medium sized companies. It's easy for non-technical people to use. Some months I use Rydoo frequently and others hardly at all, and I find that Rydoo is always well suited for my needs. Perhaps Rydoo is better suited for less complex expenses, but I can't speak to that personally and am not an admin myself.
April 30, 2019

Rydoo makes my life easier

• It's easy to get receipt information into the software via the camera, uploading, or emailing the receipt.
  • The user interface is very straight forward and clean. It's easy to figure out what you need to do to complete the task.
  • I know once my expenses and approved and I dont need to worry about it anymore.
  • The receipt info that gets pulled in isn't always correct.
  • The receipt info takes about 2 minutes to upload so could be faster.
It's perfect for my use case which is submitting expense reports to my manager. I can quickly submit all my receipts whether its an email, a photo, or a computer upload. I know once my expense report has been viewed, approved, and reimbursed. I have no complaints especially since the user interface is so straightforward and user-friendly.
May 13, 2019

Review from Oakwood

• Ease of Use
  • Currency translations
  • Ease of sending to AP system
  • Modifying users in accounting is slow and cumbersome. I usually ask the support desk to help to save time.
  • Some people have issues with reading the App status as expenses are not categorized by status.
It's suited for those who travel a lot. They can keep receipts on their phones and submit latter. It's also great for those who travel abroad so they can submit expenses in real-time if they choose.

May 02, 2019

Speedy expense reporting

• The app is easy to use on both your phone and your computer.
  • Doesn't take long for the photo to upload.
  • Getting the correct type of currency logged and exchanged if you travel outside the United States.
  • It could use more categories and options for expenses and what they are for.
It is much quicker to take photos of receipts as you get them and not have to scan them in once you get back to the office. However, It would be nice to have the app link to certain credit cards you use, so that there is a back up of a receipt and at least the amount and location.

Rydoo Scorecard Summary